Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Xbox left stick got the drift, this might be the end of me, bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
if Microsoft won't fix it I'd just do the ol' Walmart switcharoo. Repairing it yourself seems like a hassle since they soldered the damned sticks to the board

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

barnold posted:

turned on the console today and it asked me to optimize my external HDD by choosing whether it will stay connected to my Series X or be brought around to other consoles. I'm on the beta branch of the Insider program but none of the patch notes that I can find mention anything about this feature or exactly what it does. anyone else seein this?

I can't find anything about this online. Does Google show up anything when searching for the exact phrasing?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Tayter Swift posted:

The slow rear end progression in Powerwash kinda killed the vibe for me. That playground is gonna take like 5 hours to finish and I’ll get enough money to buy a couple nozzles? Ugh.

Haven’t tried the soaps because of my dumb brain regarding consumables when I don’t know if there’s a finite amount of money available; how well do they work?

So here's what I've done because this game has clicked like crazy for me:

Upgrade to the next level of washer asap, everytime you have the money to get the new one and whichever nozels you can afford. You should be able to get all the base nozels for the first gun after the first couple jobs. Using the different nozels does help.

Use multipurpose soap if you have the soap attachment, and really I've only used it for spots that are almost 100% for the item but I can't find the last bit of dirt. Just hose it down with the soap and its good.

You're not penalized for jumping to a different job. I spend a while on one job and then I switch to a different one that's unlocked (some unlock mid-job) if I'm feeling like I'm banging my head against a map.

The park does take forever, but focus on the mats one color at a time and it helps it go by easier.

Also if you hit A on the checklist items, the object flashes, so if you're at 99% of a map and can't figure out where you missed something, that helps a ton. Much more effective than the right dpad highlight.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The helicopter in Powerwash simulator is pretty rad.

I hate it when the shop is out of the certain soap I need though, I use the soaps for a quick first pass on really grotty stuff then go over it with the longest extension and the green nozzle which works most of the time. Then anything really fiddly use that spinning nozzle thingie.

Probably my favourite dadsim yet!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Next up on Game Pass:

COMING:

July 19: As Dusk Falls (Cloud, Console, and PC), Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation (PC), Watch Dogs 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
July 21: MotoGP 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC), Torment: Tides of Numenera (Cloud and Console)
July 29: Inside (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:

Leaving July 31:
Dodgeball Academia (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Katamari Damacy Reroll (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Lumines Remastered (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Omno (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Raji: An Ancient Epic (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Watch Dogs 2 on Game Pass is a nice surprise. I tried it years ago but got distracted.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

hatty posted:

if Microsoft won't fix it I'd just do the ol' Walmart switcharoo. Repairing it yourself seems like a hassle since they soldered the damned sticks to the board

Amazon switching works too. In my experience, once sticks start to go, theyre just gonna get worse

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

Aren't you the dipshit that loves Bethesda games. Lol. Hey you should try out Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms. It seems like it has everything you want.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bad shoot. 50% of this thread is for poo poo talking. The other 50% is for random gamepass nonsense

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Zat posted:

Watch Dogs 2 on Game Pass is a nice surprise. I tried it years ago but got distracted.

I know Ubisoft have tipped their toes in before but that plus AC: Origins plus Far Cry 5 does indicate a pattern of 'gently caress it lets put the penultimate game of each earies on Game Pass, nobody buys our Ubi+ package anyway.'

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ubisoft thinking their poo poo is big enough that i would buy a subscription service specifically to play Assassins Creed, Ghost Recon and Far Cry is the funniest poo poo ever

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The Kins posted:

Next up on Game Pass:

COMING:

July 19: As Dusk Falls (Cloud, Console, and PC), Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation (PC), Watch Dogs 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
July 21: MotoGP 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC), Torment: Tides of Numenera (Cloud and Console)
July 29: Inside (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:

Leaving July 31:
Dodgeball Academia (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Katamari Damacy Reroll (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Lumines Remastered (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Omno (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Raji: An Ancient Epic (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Lol, I actually bought Torment a couple of months ago and I still haven't started it. I paid 50 cents for it!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Ubisoft thinking their poo poo is big enough that i would buy a subscription service specifically to play Assassins Creed, Ghost Recon and Far Cry is the funniest poo poo ever

People forget Siege. But that makes sense, since it's the only big Ubi game that isnt just filling in a map. Anyway siege is like 7 years old at this point, I assume that everyone that wants it already has it.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

priznat posted:

The helicopter in Powerwash simulator is pretty rad.

I hate it when the shop is out of the certain soap I need though, I use the soaps for a quick first pass on really grotty stuff then go over it with the longest extension and the green nozzle which works most of the time. Then anything really fiddly use that spinning nozzle thingie.

Probably my favourite dadsim yet!

The helicopter was fun, but I really enjoyed the temple and the firehouse/training building.

I generally use the longest extension with the white nozzle for the powerful wide spray for the big areas of muck and then bump down to the yellow one when I'm going in for more detail cleaning.

The spinning tip is also great for those spots that are 99% clean but you cant find the last bit of dirt. Especially good for really tight areas that the other nozzles can't get at, which the helicopter had a few. :argh:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

joylessdivision posted:

Also if you hit A on the checklist items, the object flashes, so if you're at 99% of a map and can't figure out where you missed something, that helps a ton. Much more effective than the right dpad highlight.

motherfucker

Anyway this game hit me hard and now ADIDAPW, it's so loving relaxing to just put on some podcasts or videos and Clean The World

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Toaster Beef posted:

motherfucker

Anyway this game hit me hard and now ADIDAPW, it's so loving relaxing to just put on some podcasts or videos and Clean The World

Oh I just figured that out like...Saturday or Sunday and I've been playing basically nothing but this since Thursday when it dropped. Once I figured it out was a major :getin: moment as suddenly the 2 or 3 99% missions I hadn't cleared suddenly got cleared.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Blue Raider posted:

bad shoot. 50% of this thread is for poo poo talking. The other 50% is for random gamepass nonsense
It’s funny whenever someone gets shot for an extremely mild flame post because you know someone had to have reported it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
considering how pushed it is, As Dusk Falls better be the indie movie sim it's promising to be

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

as dusk fails is what im reading

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Just bought Ride 4 last weekend after flipping a coin to choose between it and MotoGP 22. Xbox stays winning.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Net loss Gamepass month imo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

as dusk fails is what im reading

it looks pretentious and stupid but so do i, so

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
smh if you don't already have Katamari Reroll but it selling badly is why we aren't getting a remaster of the second game

Also it released on the same day as Smash Bros Ultimate lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

precision posted:

considering how pushed it is, As Dusk Falls better be the indie movie sim it's promising to be
It’s got a fat schlumpy white bearded guy in a white tshirt as the main character. You’ll love it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

American McGay posted:

It’s got a fat schlumpy white bearded guy in a white tshirt as the main character. You’ll love it.

you are cool and your penis is very large

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

congrats on landing the gig

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i look stupid in many ways, but it's an actual fact that i'm super skinny, clean shaven and only half-white

but good effort anyway. i almost feel a little bit bad. good job. really man, just awesome. you are a cool person and i literally wish i were in your place. man. i suck so bad, and you are so cool. gently caress. time to kill myself

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

you should try playing the game with your monitor on

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Lammasu posted:

Anyone tried Madison? I've watched a lot of game play of it and it looks like it sucks.

I played for a few hours last night. It's fine. Nothing great, but maybe a level above sucks. Not sure how that review will fare over the remainder of the game, but right now it feels kind of like that Amnesia game.

It's got pretty good atmosphere. The camera as a tool to unlock/advance things, especially with the shaking to develop the image is a neat idea, especially in some early frantic instances.

It feels a little too on rails as far as having to take one specific picture to unlock a door and progress on. Some of the puzzles/logic are frankly bizarre and I had to look one up last night after clearly wandering around for 10 minutes. I also don't like that there are all these sounds of doors opening and creamy floorboards with no actual door opening. I guess they are going for ambiance, but it just feels kind of cheap and makes me just ignore audio cues, which doesn't feel right for a horror game.

I dunno, I paid like $7 for it and think anything under ten is probably fine if you are a fan of the genre. Certainly not a masterpiece though.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Me, I look strong and athletic.

I have always wanted to try Watchdogs 2, but not quite enough to pay for it. And the other ones are at least interesting enough to at least try them out.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

All this talk about Powerwash Sim kinda makes me want to pick it up, though I usually wait for sales.

Also if there's a sale and a game is less than a dollar, you're required to pick it up!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I told my girlfriend about the power washing game and she told me if she catches me playing it I have to power wash the house for real :(

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Sywert of Thieves posted:

All this talk about Powerwash Sim kinda makes me want to pick it up, though I usually wait for sales.

Also if there's a sale and a game is less than a dollar, you're required to pick it up!

Friend, it's on Gamepass, just download and enjoy the chill.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I told my girlfriend about the power washing game and she told me if she catches me playing it I have to power wash the house for real :(

Powerwashing is fun irl, do it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Powerwashing is more fun IRL than in the game

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Me:
- owns Series X
- loves Morrowind
- deadlifts 370lbs

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Blue Raider posted:

Me:
- owns Series X
- loves Morrowind
- deadlifts 370lbs
Unfair to call the PS5 dead just because it has no games.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
lol 370 are you putting 2.5s on at the end

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

butt dickus posted:

lol 370 are you putting 2.5s on at the end

Yea actually lol. Little extra PR push

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

What's wrong with using the 2.5 plates? Weight is weight.