Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

😂😂😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

RoboRodent posted:

This is the dumbest thing to focus on, but "in a genderless society everyone wears baggy beige" made me laugh. It isn't even true in the strip.

I like the xenofeminist take on it:

quote:

Xenofeminism is gender-abolitionist. ‘Gender abolitionism’ is not code for the eradication of what are currently considered ‘gendered’ traits from the human population. Under patriarchy, such a project could only spell disaster–the notion of what is ‘gendered’ sticks disproportionately to the feminine. But even if this balance were redressed, we have no interest in seeing the sexuate diversity of the world reduced. Let a hundred sexes bloom! ‘Gender abolitionism’ is shorthand for the ambition to construct a society where traits currently assembled under the rubric of gender, no longer furnish a grid for the asymmetric operation of power. ‘Race abolitionism’ expands into a similar formula–that the struggle must continue until currently racialized characteristics are no more a basis of discrimination than than the color of one’s eyes.

Racists think that race abolitionism means that everyone is some kind of average brown color through race mixing or cultural maoism or some poo poo because they are too stupid to imagine a world where they are not racist towards people on the basis of currently racialized characteristics.

Ishida thinks that gender abolitionism means that everyone wears baggy beige through woke transgender and evil doctors because...

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

Trying and failing to imagine Stantis sending Allie a script that's like "Panel 2: Winslow barfs up a MASSIVE stream of emojis"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Guavanaut posted:

Ishida thinks that gender abolitionism means that everyone wears baggy beige through woke transgender and evil doctors because...

Which is a bad thing unless one of his designated characters is doing it on purpose in which case it's actually very strong and feminist

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Last week's strip is in the background of this week's, but like, a low detail version.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

David Rowe is back and filling an entire month of politics in one cartoon.

Lethbridge:

After an emergency meeting of the national cabinet with the states Anthony Albanese agreed to extend the pandemic payments.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Downes:

Warren Brown:

More women than men voted against Morrison government in federal election, polling shows (Guardian). "Australia Institute survey finds Coalition’s treatment of women seen as ‘weakness’ by two-thirds of voters".

Broelman:

White whale washes up on Mallacoota beach (ABC).

Knight:

Victorian premier Dan Andrews. There were initial questions about it was the known white whale Migaloo but it is a different whale.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
This is a call for violence, right? It's OK to shoot the non-people who don't like my deer call

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Raised By Birds posted:

Last week's strip is in the background of this week's, but like, a low detail version.

obviously a deep statement about how mindless non-events like world emoji day are merely futile attempts to cover up and distract from the horrifying effects of climate change. prickly city really does have something to say after all, i take it all back

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Raised By Birds posted:

Maybe he has a single .psd file for his comics, and every week he just keeps adding layers for the next strip.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

oh, this is actually a specific thing, a Rhode island state senator had a twerking video on tiktok

https://www.newsweek.com/tiara-mack-twerking-video-tiktok-rhode-island-1722084

because god forbid someone have fun on tiktok

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pat Cross is leaving cartooning to pursue a life in the Catholic church.

Which is just :ironicat: when you remember how hard Cross rode the whole “LGBT = grooming” bullshit.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Pants Donkey posted:

Which is just :ironicat: when you remember how hard Cross rode the whole “LGBT = grooming” bullshit.

Oh boy, I look forward to that Special K.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Raised By Birds posted:

It looks like he intended to just reuse the sun in the first panel as clipart, but the layer as partially transparent. God that is lazy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

These two would make good avatars:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

oh, this is actually a specific thing, a Rhode island state senator had a twerking video on tiktok

https://www.newsweek.com/tiara-mack-twerking-video-tiktok-rhode-island-1722084

because god forbid someone have fun on tiktok

I mean, it's probably the kinda thing you could do a minor joke about, but Ishida just divorces it from all context completely to the point that it's like a Penny Arcade joke; "it's funny if you've read this specific book and played this specific game in this specific way"

Also, it appears that Ishida has just started to wander incoherently into the "It doesn't matter, even if I'm wrong I'm right" area of argumentation

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Al Goodwyn

Walt Handelsman

Phil Hands

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Michael Ramirez

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pants Donkey posted:

On one hand we won't have to see his lovely hateful cartoons anymore. On the other hand, nobody gives a poo poo about political cartoons except weirdos like us, so the amount of harm he was doing was pretty minimal, so he will hurt many more people through his new career. As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather he stayed a cartoonist.

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigtory (Racism)
Kellies Nomination: Worst Roe v Wade cartoon
Kellies Nomination: gently caress You Skelley

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Vib Rib posted:

Meanwhile, your side is represented by a weird immature literal demon spouting dismissive, childish, broken English and riding opulently in a chauffeured car owned by the actual loving devil. A demon who has in the past been depicted as being very callous and insensitive about other people's desires, inner lives, and identities, in a way even the strip condemns.

I'm looking forward to Ishida just siding with the devil and his evil corporation just like Scott Adams and the pointy-haired boss.

He's already making it out to be a terrible injustice that people dislike one of his main characters for living it up at the devils house and hanging with demons all the time.

The devils and demons are rich right, so according to his new right-wing ideology they're just smarter and better and more moral than everyone else.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Wow, holy poo poo. Im blown away by how awful this is on a number of levels.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They rarely give such an unguarded view of their beliefs. It’s like looking directly into hell.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Raised By Birds posted:

Clay Bennett

Michael Ramirez

Some good effort from Bennett, and a great opportunity for a skulldonkey edit.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Yeah I am sure the current supreme court is just trying to help.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Holy hell
Kellies Nomination: worst overall

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!

Raised By Birds posted:

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

These two being back-to-back is something.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Lol. This is some Matrix level of dodging the issue.

This wouldn't have happened if we tag everyone who ever enters the country!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: We Need a Bulwark to our Bulwark

Ted Rall posted:

White House officials say it’s necessary to engage with the brutal kingdom of Saudi Arabia because it’s a bulwark to the power of Iran in the Middle East. But what if Saudi Arabia is worse than Iran?

First Dog on the Moon: What can smug Australians teach the UK about surviving a heatwave?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
If this one particular crime was committed by an illegal immigrant, then we don't have to address the monstrous, inhuman consequences our system enacts upon the 10 year old girl who is already a victim. Because, as we all know, no citizens ever commit rape. This was just a one time thing, no need to think about what happens the next time a child is assaulted!

Weird they also don't have an entry for jumbo shrimp

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

It's "Mallard's new leftist lexicon", he wrote the drat thing, surely if something's not there it's his own fault

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Kellies Nomination: gently caress You Skelley
Kellies Nomination: Seriously, gently caress You, Skelley

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Skelley really channeling Asay levels of seething undercurrents of hate here.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Mr. Belpit posted:

Skelley really channeling Asay levels of seething undercurrents of hate here.

Times like this I take some comfort in knowing some goon years ago edited the Wikipedia for his lovely comic strip Dustin and no one ever bothered to correct it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_(comic_strip)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigtory (Racism)
Kellies Nomination: Worst Roe v Wade cartoon
Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

bartok posted:

Times like this I take some comfort in knowing some goon years ago edited the Wikipedia for his lovely comic strip Dustin and no one ever bothered to correct it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_(comic_strip)

even better, people have been complaining about it in the talk page for over a decade but apparently nobody has actually bothered to do anything

e: the original rant was posted under the edit reason "POV edits", which yes is technically true as they didn't say they were removing POV

Angepain fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 18, 2022

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Angepain posted:

even better, people have been complaining about it in the talk page for over a decade but apparently nobody has actually bothered to do anything

e: the original rant was posted under the edit reason "POV edits", which yes is technically true as they didn't say they were removing POV

Yes! The character descriptions are total garbage obviously written from a far-left viewpoint (note reference to "wage slavery". The description of the characters provided by the creators of the strip can be found here: (https://comicskingdom.com/dustin/about) and they are nothing like the politicized GARBAGE presented in this article.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I remember all the Dustin goon edits in the newspaper comics thread where he makes that "don't say no problem you disrespectful youngins:bahgawd:" and how he complains about cup size names

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tory leadership race hotting up – The five remaining contenders in the Conservative leadership race are taking part in a TV debate as Britain braces for its highest ever temperatures"

Telegraph:

:sun: UK weather: Heatwave meltdown brings Britain to a halt :supaburn:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
it's extremely bizarre watching tatsuya ishida's extremely strange, twisty path from crass misogynism, to transphobic radfem militancy, to anti social justice antisemitic conspiratorialism, to conservative traditionalist misogynism

i mean i don't know who or what took that guy's fragile psyche and dunked it into an industrial blender, but he doesn't produce a comic anymore, just a case study of psychological decline