Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
My best experience with the police is being pulled over for an expired sticker, and the cops ticket computer didn't work, so he let me go. I beat the system bitch!

Most of the time I interact with cops because someone hit my car. Each time the cop has been lazy as poo poo and dicked around in their phone because it's loving stupid to send an officer to fill out a piece of paperwork that says "yes there was a fender bender". I guess it is a good experience if the cop just acts like a lazy government bureaucrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A few summers back I had lunch in a park then went back to work. Soon I got a call from the company that does my job’s payroll. They said cops had my wallet and gave me an officer’s phone number.

Before I even knew I had dropped my wallet in the park, someone had found it, gave it to a cop, the cop then found a paystub and called the payroll company and asked them to get in touch with me.

The cop then delivered the wallet to me at work. I think he was just avoiding paperwork on a nice day but it still worked out well for me.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
my towns first selectment, just the the other day, took it upon himself to declare the whole towns police force as undercover and removed all the town decals and such from the fleet.

This is because of "speeding" and "trying to catch speeders" and definitely not because the 1st selectman is a trumper gently caress trying to make his own little secret police force to harass his political opponents

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
One time some cops took me to the mental health urgent care place instead of 5150ing me so I appreciated that

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I went through the trouble to trying to convince my son's mother to report her rape in a small town in Oregon and the detective that was assigned her case told me to destroy evidence and when I tried to report it, the police told me that the detective no longer worked for the dept so there's nothing they could do. loving awesome. I sure do love police to this day.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My parents' house was robbed and the cop that showed up told them it was "basically pointless" to assume they'd ever catch the guy or recover their stuff. Like 3 months later they actually did catch the guy (he'd robbed about a dozen houses) and my Dad asked for a follow up, but the cops called him "difficult" and said he should stop calling.

I was involved in a car accident once and the cop told the three of us that we had ruined her morning, then disappeared after putting a road flare up.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I once argued with a police officer that he should stay and write a citation for the other guy who hit my car by running a stop sign. He wanted us both to drive off and file a report at the station down the street. I was a teenager and didn't quite understand how dangerous arguing with a cop is.

He tried to convince me he was needed elsewhere, but didn't even bother to go to his car to use his radio. I got to hear the dispatcher tell him he was not needed.

I have never seen a man so furiously scribble a citation.

This is the most positive interaction Ive had with cops.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I got stopped back in april for holding a phone that i was instructing to "PLAY STEAL MY SUNSHINE BY LEN". I had been smoking weed in my car and had my bowl in the cup holder but weed just became legal in jersey. It was a dog pig, I mean "k9 officer" that stopped me and he dog searched my car even though I said he couldn't like 4 times, because I was wearing Ugg furry sandals and looked nervous. Four more pigs showed up to ask why I was nervous. The first pig cut open my climbing chalk bag cuz it had"COCAINE" written on it and he didn't know what chalk is. I was freaking out. It took like 50 minutes for them to gently caress off. This was like a mile from my house.

I made complaints but he gets investigated by a pig at the same trough. Could have been one of the same pigs that showed up. Could escalate to DA but that feels like putting a target on my back. I pray for his death regularly, that he gets hit by a car or COVID takes him. Bad person, wants to kill someone. My guess is former army jerkoff that needs an enemy, thinks he's the good guy. Piece of poo poo.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

reminder that mods are cops

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

When I got a DUI in my early 20s I had weed and a bowl in my pocket and I was super drunk, .16 on scene with a stomach full of beer still soaking in, and the officer told me if I was chill the weed would vanish and he'd drag his feet to give my BAC time to fall a bit. He was true to his word, at least, and my BAC was .01 short of enhanced penalties when I finally did the official breathalyzer back at the station so he did kinda do me a solid, other than arresting me (I definitely deserved this one)

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

also ACAB applies to those shitbags in the paw patrol

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seems like that second ammendment of yours is really effective at counteracting government tyranny.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

jazzyhattrick posted:

Seems like that second ammendment of yours is really effective at counteracting government tyranny.

I need my gun for when the cops come to take my gun

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

aaawww one time a pig didn't murder me/rape me/steal from me/shoot my dog repeatedly. such a feel-good story. :justpost:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I heard William Henry Hairytaint is a cop IRL

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

kntfkr posted:

I got stopped back in april for holding a phone that i was instructing to "PLAY STEAL MY SUNSHINE BY LEN". I had been smoking weed in my car and had my bowl in the cup holder but weed just became legal in jersey. It was a dog pig, I mean "k9 officer" that stopped me and he dog searched my car even though I said he couldn't like 4 times, because I was wearing Ugg furry sandals and looked nervous. Four more pigs showed up to ask why I was nervous. The first pig cut open my climbing chalk bag cuz it had"COCAINE" written on it and he didn't know what chalk is. I was freaking out. It took like 50 minutes for them to gently caress off. This was like a mile from my house.

I made complaints but he gets investigated by a pig at the same trough. Could have been one of the same pigs that showed up. Could escalate to DA but that feels like putting a target on my back. I pray for his death regularly, that he gets hit by a car or COVID takes him. Bad person, wants to kill someone. My guess is former army jerkoff that needs an enemy, thinks he's the good guy. Piece of poo poo.

lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

my landlord's son stole the license plate off his mom's car (which I noticed that morning before I went to work and alerted her to) and later crashed his unregistered car in town in the middle of the night, was on the run from the police and they tracked the license plate to my house, knocked on my door at 2am telling me the car they found with those plates don't match the car make/model but belongs to this address and I told the cops I don't know who that person is.

for the next couple years after i'd occasionally find little stickers on my door from the local county with the landlord's son's name on them saying "hey pal next time you're in town give us a call we'd love to talk to you" lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I had a cop pass me (no lights, no sirens) through a rural intersection (blinking yellow for me, perpendicular traffic has a red, 45mph speed zone) where I was going about 50 and he was going about 75 or greater. I saw his lovely license plate (Maine State Police plate #502) and called my local state police dispatch to report it.

They were adamant that not only was I completely wrong in everything i experienced, from it being a maine state trooper to it being that specific local state trooper, and at the end they demanded all my PII despite previously telling me how wrong and mistaken i was in my whole complaint.

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i guess when you call 911 here for trauma, they just start sending all first responders so someone can attend to the situation before the actual qualified responder shows up. usually this means that the fire fighters show first, because they're on call and not usually busy with active fires. emts are usually second and then the cops last, like sometimes after everyone else has come and gone, because they're extremely loving lazy (i gather, from inference and limited interaction with them).

i had to call 911 a few times when i was a warehouse leadhand because people would occasionally gently caress themselves up on industrial equipment. once, a guy who was trying to work too fast picking product with an end rider basically stumbled and drove himself head first into some racking. it was pretty bloody. i administered first aid but there wasn't much i could do and he definitely had a concussion. now, we had a fair few regular people there but this was the kind of place you'd see the most outlandish characters in society pass through for work regularly. scum of the earth types, mentally unstable types, basically anyone with a pulse that didn't mind manual labour to collect a better paycheque than working in retail or something. this guy was one of those dregs of society. he was polite and a hard worker and we got on fine at work, but he was a deadbeat dad, a habitual criminal (in a past life, he claimed, and i mostly believed), an alcoholic and maybe drug user (more than just weed which we all smoked), and most importantly, had one of the strongest "gently caress the police" attitudes i've ever encountered. he was a big guy and loud too

so i get one of my guys to call 911 while i keep the pressure on this wound. we're waiting by the dock door by the front office when only a few minutes later, to my shock, a cop shows up. he strolls in, asks for me, and asks what the situation is and how this happened. i have made a habit of not talking to the police in my life, and by that i don't mean i stonewall them, but i just let them know that i have no reason to give them any information and they can do their job without my input. i tell the cop it's not a criminal matter, it's a workplace accident, and wsib can investigate later if they wish, and we're just waiting for emts. he doesn't relent and continues to approach me and my guy and asks "so there was no violence or anything here?" which, in my head, i wonder what the gently caress, no one alluded to that in any way and we're all just sitting around waiting. that sets off mr concussed and he stands up and takes the gauze from me, steps toward the cop and in a big booming voice shouts something like "what the gently caress does that mean? do i look like a violent person?!" which, he definitely did in that moment lol, but still. the cop backs away and mutters something like "i'm just trying to assess the situation...", while his loving hand goes to his pistol. i spot this right away and have to physically stand in front of this guy who's like twice my size and push him with all my might back to where i had him sitting so we don't end up with a Police Involved Shooting type situation on our hands. i get him to sit and walk the cop back over to the door and i'm like "why don't you just loving wait outside and tell us when the medics are here". of course he's a power tripping cop so he can't take what i say and has to modify it a little, and tells me he'll stand back and away but will stay in eye sight to "monitor the situation"

the monitor the situation thing sticks with me in my head. just his physical presence created "the situation" to begin with, and then he was ready to escalate to murder within maybe a minute of arriving and minutes of getting the call. i had to physically intervene or i really believe that this would be a very different story. like every "situation" they spot can be solved with their gun or baton. i've specified that police are not required every time i call now. i guess that's a thing you can do but the dispatcher makes the judgement call

anyway to answer your question op, no i've never seen the police help or protect anyone

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

when i moved to the state of connecticut and emailed the state police a question essentially asking them how i would be legally able to shoot a pistol on my own property (of 11.5 acres) if it is the state of connecticut's position that I need a concealed weapons permit to be outside of the roof of my dwelling in possession of a hand gun regardless (what is curtilage and the expectation of privacy anyways?!?!?!?!)

their response was that i needed to call their HQ and give them my PII so they could ????????????????????????????????

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
My car was overheating in stopped traffic once I pulled over and shut my car off to check it out and within 30 seconds highway patrol had pulled up behind me. He asked me what was wrong and I told him I thought the car was overheating (no warning light but rain was instantly evaporating off my hood as steam in 85 degree weather, was a bad thermostat) and he called roadside assistance with his radio, helped me pop the hood and look at it. He waiting until the road assist guy was there and then left.

Overshadowed by the 50 lovely interactions I've had with nearly ever other cop I've met in my life, but I'll give highway patrol credit that one time.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
One time I felt suicidal and the cops came because one of my best friends called for help, because she did not want me to commit suicide. They pointed guns at me as help, and tased my cat, but thankfully, my skin is light enough so they got chill. Blue Lives Matter. Thanks Officers.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

A lady knocked on my door and asked if the car parked across the street was mine, and I said "No", and she said "Well it looks like someone has taken the front bumper and hood off". I went outside and so they had, she also said that some other cars down the street looked like the same thing had happened to them. Thinking that the police might be interested in this, and that they could help me find the person who's car it was, I rang the non-ermegency number. I explained this to the officer on the line and he was doing everything possible to try and make it seem like this wasn't something they'd have to come and check out. "Oh, maybe they'd been to a garage and had the bumper and hood taken off, and then parked it outside their house", which I'm sure happens a bunch.

I gave them the license plate number, and like 2 minutes later they rang me back and said it was one of my neighbor's and could I go and tell them? It was all academic because when I did that they were outside and crying about their car, whoever did it had also smashed their window. Apparently some guys had gone down the road with a van and stolen all the bumpers and hoods they could from the cars on the street.

They struck my as not wanting to do any actual work and they were patronising on the phone.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

saw some very friendly cops stripping at a bachelorette party, they seemed like good people who knew how to have a good time serving the public without causing problems

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Those were undercover strippers

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

beep by grandpa posted:

my landlord's son stole the license plate off his mom's car (which I noticed that morning before I went to work and alerted her to) and later crashed his unregistered car in town in the middle of the night, was on the run from the police and they tracked the license plate to my house, knocked on my door at 2am telling me the car they found with those plates don't match the car make/model but belongs to this address and I told the cops I don't know who that person is.

for the next couple years after i'd occasionally find little stickers on my door from the local county with the landlord's son's name on them saying "hey pal next time you're in town give us a call we'd love to talk to you" lol

Years ago had an odd housemate who didn't stay long, but for about year after he moved out we'd get traffic infraction notices from two states over mailed to the house. As it was official correspondence the first few times I'd return them to sender with a note that he had moved and we didn't have a forwarding address. After about the fifth notice when it became clear whoever was sending them wasn't going to do the work to find his new address they began going in the trash, guessing he'd probably not want to visit that state again and get pulled over as there was probably a warrant out for him at this point.

Kinda related, an ne'er-do-well acquaintance who was the son of a judge taught us that if you get a DUI and decide to skip court so a bench warrant is issued, if you ignore that for a year and have the right dad it may just go away like a GTA wanted star and you'll be given cushy lifetime employment with the city.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pigs keep a database of their own pigdeaths to glean sympathy from the public. I dunno, seems like a list of people who made a very poor career choice.

https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2022

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Years ago I was working EMS and we met up with my partner's friend who was a cop. He opened up his trunk and it had a confederate flag or some sort of racist flag attached to the underside of the trunk and his trunk was full of automatic weapons and ammo, then he told me it was " Preparing for when the war came".

Anyway that happened.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

One time when I was still in college I was driving home the morning after staying with some friends in Binghamton. I was super loving hungover and of course, my car completely died on I-88. After the state trooper showed up to call a tow truck and do paperwork or whatever, I stood up by the front of my car and just booted allll over the road. He either didn't see it or was chill and decided not to give me any poo poo lmao

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Most cops I've ever dealt with have been pretty chill, but I'm a white guy sooooo....

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hollismason posted:

Years ago I was working EMS and we met up with my partner's friend who was a cop. He opened up his trunk and it had a confederate flag or some sort of racist flag attached to the underside of the trunk and his trunk was full of automatic weapons and ammo, then he told me it was " Preparing for when the war came".

Anyway that happened.

Lol when the war comes he will be murdered and robbed within a week by one of his own.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Most pig deaths are from covid. God bless covid. A really small number get got, compared to how many you'd think based on PRICE OF HONOR license plates. Price of deez nuts. ($20)

Also half of pigs that get shot are shot by other pigs. Probably.

gay frog chemicals
May 27, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I was suicidal last month someone I used to be friends with called the cops and they took me to the hospital where they told me they can't help me then I went home.

That's about all the interaction I've had with cops outside of when I worked graveyards at 711 and I'd call them to get rid of the shitheads we banned from the store for threatening staff or whatever, sometimes they'd show up and whine about being asked to do anything about it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Was hit with a rubber bullet in the shoulder during the BLM protests. Those fuckers hurt and it took weeks before I could lift my right arm over my head without being in pain. Could have been way worse because I'm pretty sure the pigs were trying to do headshots.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

haljordan posted:

One time when I was still in college I was driving home the morning after staying with some friends in Binghamton. I was super loving hungover and of course, my car completely died on I-88. After the state trooper showed up to call a tow truck and do paperwork or whatever, I stood up by the front of my car and just booted allll over the road. He either didn't see it or was chill and decided not to give me any poo poo lmao

you could have blamed it on having to drive on 88

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

one time i was driving the wrong way down a one way street and got pulled over

i lied and said "oh sorry officer, i live near here and they changed it like 2 weeks ago"

being a county cop he let me go with a "hey youd know better than me"

i am a white man who enjoys polo shirts, why do you ask

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Pigs keep a database of their own pigdeaths to glean sympathy from the public. I dunno, seems like a list of people who made a very poor career choice.

https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2022

lol like 90% of them are covid.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

lol like 90% of them are covid.

lol that loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

https://www.odmp.org/officer/26196-officer-trainee-cody-alan-olafson

Looks like the mugshot of a school shooter. Died of 'Duty related illness' whatever that means