Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Has anyone on this site ever been helped or protected by the police? If so please share your story here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

"Bad boys bad boys wachya gonna do when they come for you"

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i had my wrist broken by the police and multiple ribs whilst undergoing a "mental health check for my benefit"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I hear if you ask for a gun they'll just give you one

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sentinel posted:

"Bad boys bad boys wachya gonna do when they come for you"

Mike Lowrey isn't best when asking about this

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sid Vicious posted:

i had my wrist broken by the police and multiple ribs whilst undergoing a "mental health check for my benefit"

at least they didn't hit you in the head

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
A cop let me out of a speeding ticket because "the last motorcycle ran" and "you seem like a nice kid with a good head on his shoulders." (read: white).

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
ACAB

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

chicago chief of police david brown used a remote controlled robot strapped with c-4 explosives to suck me off.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
one time my son locked himself in the prius with the key and a cop came and he wasn't able to unlock the car but he called a close-by auto service who unlocked the car. we weren't shot or fined. cop was korean american, not white. that was my best cop encounter. i've been let go a few times. i'd say 80% of pig encounters are traumatic or they steal from me. can usually tell from one look at them how it's gonna go.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

flubber nuts posted:

chicago chief of police david brown used a remote controlled robot strapped with c-4 explosives to suck me off.

that is very impressive. Did you cum?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I was robbed at gunpoint once

Had a video and other evidence

Cops didn't do poo poo

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

at least they didn't hit you in the head

heh

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Has anyone on this site ever been helped or protected by the police? If so please share your story here

they beat up that sid kid for being weird and skateboardy and not staying off my lawn when I asked them to

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
"why you nervous?"

CUZ U STRAPPED, PIG!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

"why you nervous?"

CUZ U STRAPPED, PIG!

yup

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

He exploded all over it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

100% of incidents involving police also involve firearms!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

The Bloop posted:

I was robbed at gunpoint once

Had a video and other evidence

Cops didn't do poo poo

You aren’t allowed to film cops anymore tho

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I got pulled over recently because they "couldn't see my plates" because of my bike rack on the back and treated the pocket knife I had openly on my dashboard as a 1911. They were clearly anxious and afraid of me for some reason the entire time. They ran my tags and when no criminal behavior no tickets and so on came back they just let me go after their flimsy excuses of couldn't see my plates and I should probably remove my bike rack.

Went and got gas after that encounter. There was no possible way they couldn't see my plates. The bike rack is literally designed for my jeep and has probably 1% visual obstruction on my plates. They were just fishing.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

He exploded all over it

did you swallow?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yes of course. unfortunately the robot was programmed to detonate its c-4 payload upon achieving orgasm. i still to this day have never had a more powerful orgasm.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

flubber nuts posted:

yes of course. unfortunately the robot was programmed to detonate its c-4 payload upon achieving orgasm. i still to this day have never had a more powerful orgasm.

so cute!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Cops. The worst form of mod.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

Cops. The worst form of mod.

if Chinatown agrees with me I did something wrong or something right.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yesterday I watched a cop shoot an injured deer in the head. That was a very unexpected way to end my vacation.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I got pulled over recently because they "couldn't see my plates" because of my bike rack on the back and treated the pocket knife I had openly on my dashboard as a 1911. They were clearly anxious and afraid of me for some reason the entire time. They ran my tags and when no criminal behavior no tickets and so on came back they just let me go after their flimsy excuses of couldn't see my plates and I should probably remove my bike rack.

Went and got gas after that encounter. There was no possible way they couldn't see my plates. The bike rack is literally designed for my jeep and has probably 1% visual obstruction on my plates. They were just fishing.

I’m guessing you’re either not white or a dog

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

They're bad, op.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chief McHeath posted:

They're bad, op.

yeah, I know

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yesterday I watched a cop shoot an injured deer in the head. That was a very unexpected way to end my vacation.

How brown was the deer

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Violet_Sky posted:

How brown was the deer

most likely had a white or red tail

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m guessing you’re either not white or a dog

Depends on the cop shop. I, a young white guy, got 37 tickets/warnings/citations over a three year period from one paticular police force. Most of thesw were failure to signal turn, liscence plate light broken, rolling thru a stop sign. They were fishing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've had a few run ins with the police. It actually worked out nicely each time. They were very nice to me (white). But they almost always took me to a mental hospital. I've gotten out of at least a ticket before for being a firefighter. I was also apparently not driving so well after a few drinks and someone reported me but I pulled into a gas station because I wanted nachos. The city police confronted me in the parking lot. But a sheriff pulled up and was like "yeah we know him, just let him call his mom to pick him up." So I got out of that. I've gotten I think two speeding tickets before.

Also a SWAT team came once. But again, they were very nice.

My personal experiences are anecdotal and I still see all of the poo poo cops do so yeah, not a big fan of them.

edit: oh yeah, I was also with my gf at the time driving in Milwaukee in her car and they had a speed limit sign with two different numbers on it and I was driving past it, in a car, so I couldn't read the disclaimer on it. Something about one time of day you can drive this speed and another time you can drive that speed. I got pulled over for speeding. The cop was a complete dick and talked to me like an rear end in a top hat. He even threatened to take the car. She had IL plates. I gave him my WI license and said I was just driving her car and he said, "Ok, just slow it down." and let us go. Immediately.

edit 2: Wisconsinites really don't like Illinoisans.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 18, 2022

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

if Chinatown agrees with me I did something wrong or something right.

:grin:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jokes are funny Chinatown. Thanks for stopping by

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
my sister disappeared when I was a teenager

the cop who came to interview my parents was very considerate and personable. we saw her a lot over the next few days

she helped gather up and instruct volunteers for a walking search of the area where my sister went missing

I remember hearing my dad cried because she told him that if they found my sister's body not to go to her because it could destroy evidence

it shouldn't matter, but since it does, I'll mention that we're asian and the cop was too, and we've never been rich but we were doing alright

that was my first and only good experience with a cop

it was nice
not my sister disappearing, that was hosed
but the cop did everything she could to make the situation as easy as she could for us

whenever I think about it it kind of bums me out
because that's not what cops are, but it's what society will tell you cops are, and... it was nice
it would be nice if, in dangerous or volatile situations, there were people you could turn to, kind and compassionate professionals who were entrusted with keeping the peace in our society, protecting ordinary people, and who you could trust to behave decently and not have to worry that they’ll randomly loving murder somebody or shoot your dogs or something
I think that's kind of the quiet tragedy of the whole thing that gets lost in the noise- it's really sad that as a society we've just utterly failed to provide that

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Once my truck got stuck in some mud and nobody was really around, so I called the local cops. This cop showed up and was clearly agitated that he got called out to this bullshit and was like "what's the problem?" And I said, "My truck's stuck in the mud here." The cop says "So what do you want me to do?" And I say, "Just give it a push while I hit the gas. I didn't dig it in or nothing, we can get it out." And the cop said "gently caress off." and got back in his car and just left me there lmao.

i ended up calling AAA with my aunts number that i've kept written on an index card in my center console since I was 17 and I give the tow truck triver 20 dollars and the 6 pack I bought.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Serve and protoct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The cops which showed up way back when when I found my brother dead in my 2nd bathroom were really nice if a bit naive when I explained he was buying heroin on the internet and went all deer in headlights. They also forgot the balloons of heroin when they left.

In 2000, I was arrested for 110/30 and rle with a motor vehicle. There were 7 responding officers and when they called to have my Triumph towed, I nicely asked them if they would request a rollback instead of a sling truck and the obliged. I was able to bail myself out the next morning, get my bike out of impound (without a scratch since they got a rollback) and went to Kings Island.

I've also been pulled over for passing through rr crossing arms at 3am. The cop was very nice and talked to me about my bike and all the ones he used to have, told me not to be a dumbass, and sent me on my way.

One cop helped me get home quickly from my second job one day. I was heading home and a cop from my hometown was pulling out of a bank at their edge of the town where I worked. He proceeded to run 100+ for the next 10 miles and I paced him the whole way. At any point, he could have pulled a Ramathorn move and stopped to get behind me, but he didn't.

Another time, a former student pulled me over for 39/20 in a school zone and was all "lol Mr Vikernes". He then proceeded to tell me where they were planning on hiding to pull people over around town for the next couple weeks and sent me off with a verbal warning.

A couple winters ago I was washing my Triumph at a coin-op car wash in early December to get it ready for storage. My plates expire at the end of November and and of course a local cop pulled in and questioned me about my plates and told me to be sure and ride straight home.

Our SRO brings in extra wood for my classes to use from time to time since we have the budget of a z-tier 3rd world school.

I'm white.