Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Lamuella posted:

Finished Calculator Evolution today (all achievements, nothing undone to do). Any good recent "make number go up" incrementals out there that people have enjoyed in the broad style of Calculator Evolution / Antimatter Dimensions / Prestige Tree / etc? (minimalist, unlocking complexity, etc)

FE000000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cool, think I played this some time ago as I had a stalled save, but I've reset to give it a go.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

Immortal

Also, I've unlocked Core Cultivation, but it only hurts me. I think I have to have all the lore at the same level for it to work, and the only thing that occurs to me is to reach the multiplier cap so they all start at 10.000 after a reincarnation. Am I missing something?

You need to unlock mana(You're a wizard now achievement) first for Core Cultivation to not hurt you I believe. To unlock mana you need all your lore to be within 10% of your metal lore and to be above 1000 so getting the multipliers all to 10k will work but you can unlock it beforehand by balancing them. The achievement is the third one from Grandma's Stick. Once you have the achievement you don't have to balance your lore skills again.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm up to trying to make the impossible tower in Immortal, and I don't think I want to keep going.

It's so easy to accidentally die while going at full speed and lose all progress.

Edit:
Update, it's way less worse with a full team of high-level builders.
It costs the same resources, but builders will multiply the output. I thought it'd take 200 million ore to build, but it's actually substantially less, 50-60k I think.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 16, 2022

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm up to trying to make the impossible tower in Immortal, and I don't think I want to keep going.

It's so easy to accidentally die while going at full speed and lose all progress.

That's kind of where I'm at. Diving into the ocean and progress is so slow that you're incentivized to run it at maximum speed. And then after decades of game time with your HP and Stamina bar not moving an inch, you're suddenly stone dead in a blink of an eye without knowing what got you.

EDIT: Oh wait it's reliant on having a specific type of follower? Nope, I'm out, not going back to this idler anymore.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Sage Grimm posted:

That's kind of where I'm at. Diving into the ocean and progress is so slow that you're incentivized to run it at maximum speed. And then after decades of game time with your HP and Stamina bar not moving an inch, you're suddenly stone dead in a blink of an eye without knowing what got you.

EDIT: Oh wait it's reliant on having a specific type of follower? Nope, I'm out, not going back to this idler anymore.

I think it'd REALLY benefit from a "Pause on serious injury" button.
The penalty for a lot of failures are 50% of max health. If you could somehow keep your health at 100, it'd be fine, you lose 50, and all you need to do is regen 50 back before the next rotation and you're fine. But if you have 20k, it's a death sentence, you're dead in 3 loops.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Finished Calculator Evolution today (all achievements, nothing undone to do). Any good recent "make number go up" incrementals out there that people have enjoyed in the broad style of Calculator Evolution / Antimatter Dimensions / Prestige Tree / etc? (minimalist, unlocking complexity, etc)

Does Calculator Evolution get fun again after the Quantum labs phase? I quit it there because I was just looking at the guide for the best build every time

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GrossMurpel posted:

Does Calculator Evolution get fun again after the Quantum labs phase? I quit it there because I was just looking at the guide for the best build every time

Once you have a couple of lab forms available as reference (for example https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HY9sB4Hzp4ul3yhMyc8f5gTqg6ic06D6asuQQvMgwYQ/edit#gid=1865688714) it gets pretty enjoyable as you blast through the challenges and stuff. Getting to Infinity is a pain in the arse, but once you've done that, repeating infinities is challenging and interesting.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
What did you all do to get your speed up to a point where you can start alchemy after a reincarnation in Immortality Idle? I've been trying to do journeyman leatherworking, but it's very slow.

Edit: I've never seen a pill, despite the fact that I have "Alchemy" as a skill and herbs in my inventory. Is this just a random thing that can happen? I've made up to +8 potions, though!

Vasler fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 17, 2022

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Vasler posted:

What did you all do to get your speed up to a point where you can start alchemy after a reincarnation in Immortality Idle? I've been trying to do journeyman leatherworking, but it's very slow.

Edit: I've never seen a pill, despite the fact that I have "Alchemy" as a skill and herbs in my inventory. Is this just a random thing that can happen? I've made up to +8 potions, though!

Pills are just potions that are +40/50ish and above.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

socialsecurity posted:

Pills are just potions that are +40/50ish and above.

Incorrect, there is only one type of pill, a Longevity pill, that adds days to your lifespan equal to its + value up to 100 years. Pill can only be made by adding monster gems to your crafts, unless you've got Master Alchemy.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Is Master Alchemy different from Alchemy?

What stats do I need to be able to start a rebirth with Apprentice Alchemy? I have an achievement that says I can work as an alchemist without going through an apprenticeship, but I still have to do the stat grind in a rebirth and then start at "Apprentice Alchemist" all over again.

I feel like I'm missing something.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The achievements for the crafts just allow you to do multiple different craft types in one life.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vasler posted:

Is Master Alchemy different from Alchemy?

Yes. Master Alchemy is to Alchemy as Politics is to Oration.

Just grind out a couple of lives on alchemy- not trying to make anything, just on the job- and you'll be hitting master in no time.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Earth Lore is Farming....does number of fields farmed impact how much Earth Lore Skill you get?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
As far as I can tell, don't think so. Most reliable way I've seen to raise Earth Lore at a decent rate is to buy a Herb Garden for your house.

E: sorry, that's Wood Lore, mixed those two up. I think Mining is the only way right now, actually.

Inadequately fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 18, 2022

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Mining also helps.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

If you want to practice all the Lore in a loop for Immortality Idle it goes like this:
Gather Herbs
Alchemy
Mine
Smelt
Burn Things

And then I tend to put in Hunting so my stamina starts increasing. Interestingly enough stat start caps at around 10k which still puts you below the requirements to practice Master Alchemy immediately on an a new body.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I'm up to the impossible tower in Immortality Idle and holy poo poo this is 10x more complicated and annoying then anything previous.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Sage Grimm posted:

If you want to practice all the Lore in a loop for Immortality Idle it goes like this:
Gather Herbs
Alchemy
Mine
Smelt
Burn Things

And then I tend to put in Hunting so my stamina starts increasing. Interestingly enough stat start caps at around 10k which still puts you below the requirements to practice Master Alchemy immediately on an a new body.

I think master-blacksmith gives more metal lore than smelt, and you'll get plenty of wood lore from alchemy without herbs.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Huge nerfs to aptitude and lifespans in Immortality Idle, killed most interest I had in it.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I think master-blacksmith gives more metal lore than smelt, and you'll get plenty of wood lore from alchemy without herbs.

Both are good points. My only rebuttals are Master Blacksmith is harder on stamina early on in the loop so it's a little more difficult to get off the ground and Gathering herbs with alchemy lets you max out your lifespan from pills (which you didn't need to once Spirituality and Bloodline were online).

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I really wish that once you unlocked something, you could look up how to unlock it again. Would help preserve the fun discovery part, but without me going 'wait how the hell do I open up body/mind improvement again?'

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Spinning my wheels, nowhere near even advancing my lifespan. Everyone says 'alchemy' but it's been 10+lives, and no mastery, no pills.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Bloodly posted:

Spinning my wheels, nowhere near even advancing my lifespan. Everyone says 'alchemy' but it's been 10+lives, and no mastery, no pills.

Are you doing herb gathering and alchemy? The tooltip for alchemy says potions with herb gathering.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Yes. No dice.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Yeah it definitely took quite a few lives for me to break through into pillmaking.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
You can get some early pills with gems but really until you're master alch you're not going to get that 100 year bonus.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

socialsecurity posted:

Huge nerfs to aptitude and lifespans in Immortality Idle, killed most interest I had in it.
Seems like they added a bloodline level 5 and scootched everything around such that you need it to get back to how the bonuses used to be (and unlock impossible tasks)

not sure I understand the point, is it even attainable? 100T spirituality? I haven't played in a couple days but I thought aptitude soft caps prevented you from getting that high

I'd be happy if the overall max lifespan length decreased, lives over 1000 years became exhaustingly long and there's no "break before death so I can ascend" option, as far as I can tell.

but more stuff is being added all the time so who knows what it will look like in a week

edit: a recent commit swapped the + and - buttons which honestly feels like a troll on my muscle memory. Isn't even in the changelog.

Sivart13 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 19, 2022

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Anyone know what the new pill that requires all 4 master crafts does? It gets auto eaten.

E: Nevermind it's on the Ascension screen. Gives .01 mult to all attribute gains each. It gets insane fast.
They persist through ascensions.

The changes to Condense Soul Core also means you no longer have to go through the entire starting cycle again as you start with thousands in the primary attributes and have a bunch of aptitude.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 19, 2022

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Immortality: Can uhhhh someone spoiler the JS code to give me some extra pills?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Man I should definitely have done more ascensions before the latest update, the nerf to max lifespan makes it really hard to hit high level gems for ascensions since you can't go any faster than one monster per tick regardless of how high your stat growth is, even if you're one-shotting them from birth.

Right now progression largely depends on whether you get an early-game Hunter as a follower or not, since that's the only way you'll be getting enough meat for the high amounts of stamina necessary to do any decent amount of Core Cultivation for Life Extension mana.

Maybe I should just rack up some more offline time until everything's rebalanced to account for the shorter lifespans, I don't mind the idea but there's clearly still quite a way to go.

Inadequately fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 19, 2022

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Bloodly posted:

chuck some fishing into the mix if you're languishing as an apprentice or journeyman, get that water lore boosted. i think the breakpoints last time i checked were 1 (journeyman), 10 (shop), 1000 (master) but the last one might be 10000

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Incrementreeverse: Is the F6P molecule supposed to break the game?

When buying it everything gets boosted by an astronomical amount, then everything stops.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ineptitude posted:

When buying it everything gets boosted by an astronomical amount, then everything stops.

In a way, yes. You just need to keep buying it, the game will still progress eventually.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Yes, it goes up to the F notation that I never understood, then you get an upgrade to make it gain passive income at F100. At F2000, you unlock the last layer.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
How high did you all grind your stats with alchemy before moving on to something else like smithing in Immortality Idle?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Vasler posted:

How high did you all grind your stats with alchemy before moving on to something else like smithing in Immortality Idle?

Once you can hit Master comfortably without spending most of your lifespan. You could even aim for regular Alchemy instead since it's still a great money maker.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Cobalt60 posted:

Immortality: Can uhhhh someone spoiler the JS code to give me some extra pills?

Yeah, I get that the multipliers were kinda busted if you figured out what to do before he changed them to this, but uhhhh, once you get to 5/1/2 you're kinda stuck in a day or two real time of pill grind right now and it's real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

What are some hints to the early game of Immortality? Right now I'm just dying at 30.1 years old, slowly raising my core aptitudes and even more slowly raising lore aptitudes.