Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

Game: which of these (alphabetically sorted) are randomly generated in Transport Tycoon and which are real places in the UK:

Eastfield
Farnington
Gehill
Latbourne
Nadhattan
Sarhill
Taningwell
Trudinghead
Warnley
Wenfingford

all fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

keep punching joe posted:

Tugendhat is out, Sunak, truss, badenoch, Mordaunt remain.

It does look like it'll be Sunak.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
How can the places be real if the UK is a fake country

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Technically true but Transport Tycoon did, by chance, randomly generate Eastfield which is a real town :laugh:

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

Just a quick reminder that we ought to trust in the invisible hand of the free market :britain::
https://www.ign.com/articles/uk-wont-introduce-lootbox-laws-says-industry-should-make-changes-itself

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

My neighbours already don’t like me, if I put tinfoil on my windows I’m definitely getting a stern email from neighbourhood watch

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

Four of the Nine Black Riders remain.

No I'm not playing Hexen again, I kept getting lost :mad:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Microplastics posted:

Game: which of these (alphabetically sorted) are randomly generated in Transport Tycoon and which are real places in the UK:

Eastfield
Farnington
Gehill
Latbourne
Nadhattan
Sarhill
Taningwell
Trudinghead
Warnley
Wenfingford

Having driven round Lincolnshire for work last week these are all incredibly mild. Every turnoff from an A road was “Pizzlsshit Cum Norton” or “Fuckford le Wankstains”

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Scientastic posted:

My neighbours already don’t like me, if I put tinfoil on my windows I’m definitely getting a stern email from neighbourhood watch

presumably because you're wasting good hat material

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

Having driven round Lincolnshire for work last week these are all incredibly mild. Every turnoff from an A road was “Pizzlsshit Cum Norton” or “Fuckford le Wankstains”

You need to get new glasses

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

poo poo loads of empty shelves in the supermarket, at a guess it's because the chillers couldn't keep things below legal temps and so whole sections were just getting dumped.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sebzilla posted:

poo poo loads of empty shelves in the supermarket, at a guess it's because the chillers couldn't keep things below legal temps and so whole sections were just getting dumped.

Ideally a lot of it may be in the backup but yeah, the freezers like to kick the bucket under strain and if you don't catch it immediately the whole lot has to be binned.

Of course, if the whole lot has gone out, the backups might also have gone lmao, they all run off a central coolant system. Someone's gonna be having a miserable time.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

oh no is Noel Edmonds back again

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Seems the tinfoil hat people were on to something.

And the hats could be pretty good for deflecting heat.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Periodic reminder that I lived near cock ally and one time a random goon went oh wow I work at the electricity station there!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
when my parents retired they moved to Egypt, Devon

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
gently caress me it's hot

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1549071998369792000

What the hell guys, you even importing our form of right wing crazy? Deep state? Seriously, the deep state has gone over to your side?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There was a degree of penetration of the qanon stuff especially during lockdown and yes, the US has worldwide influence. But more broadly the tories have long been at war with elements of the institution of the UK government, they are forever saying we should cut parts of the government and civil service down and also have been obstructed on occasion by things like the courts and the upper house, so the spirit is not imported from the US even if the term is.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Cimber posted:

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1549071998369792000

What the hell guys, you even importing our form of right wing crazy? Deep state? Seriously, the deep state has gone over to your side?

You think America invented ranting about the deep state? Boris is just embracing his Turkish birthright

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Another tip for these hot days. If you have any sort of rotating fan, clean the drat blades. Not only does it makes them quieter, but if there is a buildup of fluff/dust on the leading edge, you'll double the output by removing it.

So there you go, you filthy peasants*

* I cleaned mine about 5 minutes ago. Now I'm sitting in a tornado.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Muslims have you covered.
One of my muslim friends shared this. She normally lives in Saudi Arabia but is currently in the UK. "At least they have AC in Saudi" she said.

Jahannam is basically hell.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The literal head of the british government who acted on behalf of leave.eu and at least two organisations found to have been illegally funded talking about 'the deep state' is loving incredible.

He really would burn everything down if he thought it'd buy him an extra moment as Britain's Biggest Boy, wouldn't he.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i did not know allah had a surname!!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean that's also true of trump, "the deep state" means "institutional power that I don't like" the same as "small government" means "an abortion cop in every bathroom, no money for health, food, or housing"

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Microplastics posted:

when my parents retired they moved to Egypt, Devon

Convex posted:

gently caress me it's hot

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i find rhyming names a bit comical, mind

i'm really not sure i'd ever have taken the christian god seriously if he'd been introduced to me as god plod

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Weird that on the way home today I saw... A rainbow? Very unexpected but absolutely welcome to see. Shame I didn't take a snap I was too busy thinking OH GOD I NEED TO GET HOME AND INDOORS LOOK THERES SOME SHADE HUG THE SHADE.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

i find rhyming names a bit comical, mind

i'm really not sure i'd ever have taken the christian god seriously if he'd been introduced to me as god plod
Scholars have thrown books at one another about the difference between LORD, Lᴏʀᴅ, and Lord though, which is more comical.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

DeadButDelicious posted:

Weird that on the way home today I saw... A rainbow? Very unexpected but absolutely welcome to see. Shame I didn't take a snap I was too busy thinking OH GOD I NEED TO GET HOME AND INDOORS LOOK THERES SOME SHADE HUG THE SHADE.

I saw a sundog on the way home on Saturday, very cool.

Bit much this innit

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Scientastic posted:

They'll assume you've converted the house into a cannabis grow op, and call the police.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

HopperUK posted:

I saw a sundog on the way home on Saturday, very cool.

I saw a sausage dog

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I saw a sausage dog

There were two longhair sossidges on the beach at 9pm today, walking in the sea and having trouble with even the lowest of waves rolling in :3:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Muslims have you covered.
One of my muslim friends shared this. She normally lives in Saudi Arabia but is currently in the UK. "At least they have AC in Saudi" she said.

Jahannam is basically hell.

Jahanam is such a cool curse. Much better than hell, or gently caress, or poo poo.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Kegluneq posted:

Does sweat make the ink run??

Thankfully, no. However, everything else became slick with sweat and plasma and horror and we had to stop to clean super often. Also it hurts WAY the gently caress more.

Second session tomorrow. But they have a portable a/c being delivered allegedly.

Here's the design:

Here's how it looks so far:

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Mebh posted:

Thankfully, no. However, everything else became slick with sweat and plasma and horror and we had to stop to clean super often. Also it hurts WAY the gently caress more.

Second session tomorrow. But they have a portable a/c being delivered allegedly.

Here's the design:

Here's how it looks so far:

Dude that's loving sick. Looking forward to the final pics.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

happyhippy posted:

Someone needs to invent cooled underpants.
Furries are on it: https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-cooling-vest-invented-by-a-furry-made-its-way-into-the-us-military

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

drat imagine how many pictures of beefy wolf men with big willies you could buy with US military funding.

The military industrial cumplex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

sebzilla posted:

Yup, the canteen at work was selling sandwiches for 50p because the fridges couldn't cope and stock was going to be thrown away at the end of the afternoon.

Open fridges and freezers are dumb and waste energy.