Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Don't blame the béchamel for bad cooks.
The béchamel is blameless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

the problem there isn’t the bechamel per se

yeah but I've never thought "oo yeah really need some of that warm bread pulp on my food yeah love me some of that, would really make this thing I'm eating just that bit better if I put some unsalted spunk on my food"

Like I don't even like mayonnaise why would I want bechamel sauce?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Lol that 3rd class Titanic menu is a lot more respectable than what most people eat today I reckon.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

OwlFancier posted:

yeah but I've never thought "oo yeah really need some of that warm bread pulp on my food yeah love me some of that, would really make this thing I'm eating just that bit better if I put some unsalted spunk on my food"

Like I don't even like mayonnaise why would I want bechamel sauce?

this except hollandaise

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Now I have to know what you think bechamel is. Breadcrumbs? Mayonnaise??????

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hollandaise isn't great but at least it has lemon in it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tendales posted:

Now I have to know what you think bechamel is. Breadcrumbs? Mayonnaise??????

flour, butter, milk, aka "I stopped cooking two steps in and now you have to eat it"

Unsweetend cake batter for dinner mmmmm

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

all cum sauces are bad in their own way but some of them are like, bad for your health, bad for your self respect, bechamel and mayonnaise are just bad.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Dude, béchamel is mostly a base. If food you order contains a lot of basic béchamel maybe consider ordering different food.
If food you make contains a lot of béchamel, and that distresses you, consider getting psychiatric help.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

i think i will instead declare vendetta on the french, and all purveyors of the filthy gaulish lie that warm flour goo is in any way "a sauce"

it is my god given right as an american, it is in the constituttion and the magna carte

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Jul 18, 2022

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

my primary exposure to bechamel is in the parmo, within which it is a horrifying sloppy morass of dissolved breadcrumbs and grease interfacing with the pork and the cheese.

absolute boke, horrific

more broadly i just do not at all see the need for Worse Mayonnaise in cuisine

Wait wait wait. Do you think bechamel and mayo are similar somehow? Was this a serious statement?? :psyduck:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Both largely flavourless white goop sauces, yes. I am aware that they are created by different methods and contain different things, but both go on the "bad white poo poo nobody needs" pile.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

OwlFancier posted:

Both largely flavourless white goop sauces, yes. I am aware that they are created by different methods and contain different things, but both go on the "bad white poo poo nobody needs" pile.

....this is by far the dumbest take I have seen today, and I spent a fair bit on twitter.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Hollandaise isn't great but at least it has lemon in it.

I will fight you

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

OwlFancier posted:

I'm with you on most of this homie. Don't let these cum sauce lovers get you shook.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

a sexual elk posted:

I will fight you

It is nice on eggs royale, but only in small amounts and also I will happily eat that without the hollandaise at all.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

....this is by far the dumbest take I have seen today, and I spent a fair bit on twitter.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

what did you say about my mother sauce?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

First of May posted:

what did you say about my mother sauce?

She learned it from the french.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i like my sauces just as i like my romantic partners, free from the baleful influence of the mad Dr. Yakub (inventor of béchamel).

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I'm gonna carbonara you a new one

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhbkD0CuVtc

Tasting History does bechamel sauce

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Does this include sausage gravy?

edit: also, not enough ranch opinions in your posts

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ror posted:

Sausage gravy isn't a thing in the UK and ranch has made only limited in-roads

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah never eaten either of them so they are also wholly unacceptable based on entirely no experience whatsoever.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Sausage gravy is a gift from the heavens.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

LifeSunDeath posted:

oh goddamn yuck:

was from this stupid face cam video where he doesn't actually show himself making it so i'm not gonna bother linking it.

I'd gently caress with this, ngl.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Sausage gravy is a gift from the heavens.

sausage gravy fucks

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ror posted:

Sausage gravy is mana from heaven.

Ranch is an abomination and only liked by children and people with the palate of children. :colbert:

This post brought to you by Blue Cheese Gang

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

OwlFancier posted:

i think i will instead declare vendetta on the french, and all purveyors of the filthy gaulish lie that warm flour goo is in any way "a sauce"

it is my god given right as an american, it is in the constituttion and the magna carte

Aren't you British?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Zil posted:

Aren't you British?

I can be american for spite purposes.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

OwlFancier posted:

I can be american for spite purposes.

That is American as gently caress.

Carry on.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Dall-e is cheating but I tried "An ambiguous shrimp pastry, a pastry-shrimp hybrid, a croissant prawn, a small baked good langoustine"

Ha ha, neural net, very funny.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I'm seriously tempted to try making biscuits and gravy. No premade biscuit dough here on the cursed isle, obviously, so I'd have to make the biscuits from scratch; doesn't sound difficult though

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Tarnop posted:

I'm seriously tempted to try making biscuits and gravy. No premade biscuit dough here on the cursed isle, obviously, so I'd have to make the biscuits from scratch; doesn't sound difficult though

Biscuits are super easy. I use this recipe, but I just drop the whole dough mass on my cast iron pan and shape it so it's relatively the same thickness throughout and just bake it an extra 5 or 10 minutes. Slice it up into wedges when it cools a bit.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20075/basic-biscuits/

I also add like a tablespoon of cayenne powder to it and it's nice if you like a little bit of heat.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's so much worse than that.

imagine if your beer had a smeg cap and they floated a stinking sea pastry on that biofilm of smeg. the liquid is piss, not beer at all.
:piss:

OwlFancier posted:

the "bad white poo poo nobody needs" pile.
Hey, leave me out of this.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
behold true power!
https://twitter.com/notfolu/status/1549420272641605633?s=20&t=Yk1RN3BSMDYLItZwijZ3XA

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Yeah they all definitely taste different. White Claw uses real sugar, Truly uses stevia, High Noon has higher ABV etc

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I was not expecting the reaction at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Maybe, but my default position is that all meme videos are faked.