Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

A Moose posted:

I forget, is Amonkhet still an undead apocalypse? The curse of wandering was just like, an inherent part of the plane, and not something Bolas did to it right?

That was the implication yeah, there was some sort of corruption in the planes leylines that was slowly strangling it. Bolas just took advantage of the oppurtunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Hazoret led the remaining mortals on the plane to re-establish the water barrier and populate parts of the main city after throwing out the zombie/old gods.

She told Samut this when she gave her her spear.

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 15, 2022

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

So what I'm hearing is that Amonkhet is ripe for a walking dead crossover set

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
down for some tillie walden art

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Hazoret led the remaining mortals on the plane to re-establish the water barrier and populate parts of the main city after throwing out the zombie/old gods.

She told Samut this when she gave her her spear.

She’s also a pervert

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So if you're in a part of the country that still has Rite-Aids maybe check out their card rack. On two separate occasions I've looked at their resale three packs and seen a MH2 CE pack in them. Pretty good deal for $11.99.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Amonkhet 2 will be Basri returning to the plane and being super loving confused about everything, then Hazoret takes him aside and is like "Yo, about Oketra..."

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Silhouette posted:

Amonkhet 2 will be Basri returning to the plane and being super loving confused about everything, then Hazoret takes him aside and is like "Yo, about Oketra..."

lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

did basri get a short story? or even as much as a mention in the wots book? cause I always thought wotc just invented him whole cloth for m21

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

His whole thing is he was devoted to Oketra, then his spark ignited and he wound up somewhere else before the whole hour of devastation happened

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Silhouette posted:

He already knows.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I thought they were warning him about a gold mouth

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
god drat, he did it

BaronVonVaderham posted:

The deed is done.

traded his way up all the way to a verrrrrry nice condition lotus

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Now turn it back into an island.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
That's cool.

Mostly done with construction now, except for the legs. Soon to be staining:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

That's cool.

Mostly done with construction now, except for the legs. Soon to be staining:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I can't find it on scryfall but iirc there's an artifact or enchantment that exiles any spell you cast, but if there's a spell already exiled that way you can then cast it for 0. I think it was used in a teferi lock at some point? What's the name of that card?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

ilmucche posted:

I can't find it on scryfall but iirc there's an artifact or enchantment that exiles any spell you cast, but if there's a spell already exiled that way you can then cast it for 0. I think it was used in a teferi lock at some point? What's the name of that card?

Knowledge Pool?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Yeah it's knowledge pool. Baby tef won't let op cast spells off the pool so they're locked out until one of the two is answered.

Usually run with His Puzzle Box and Narset

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That's the one, thanks

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

thanks kid, i'll put it on the fridge with your other artwork

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Genuinely had to look up Wormfang Manta, even with the hint that it was an "extra turn spell" I couldn't remember it. Having looked it up, though, lmao at banning it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
drat i sure love commander whatevers in this thread specifically meant to be separate from commander

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
At least the people who insist on posting about commander here have the decency to make posts i can easily scroll past

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

mandatory lesbian posted:

drat i sure love commander whatevers in this thread specifically meant to be separate from commander

I don't think they'd appreciate me doing a driveby tho

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Eej posted:

I don't think they'd appreciate me doing a driveby tho

Youre a coward

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

disaster pastor posted:

Genuinely had to look up Wormfang Manta, even with the hint that it was an "extra turn spell" I couldn't remember it. Having looked it up, though, lmao at banning it.

It fits nicely into my Torpor Orb/Wormfang Manta/Venser, the Sojourner EDH deck.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mandatory lesbian posted:

It’s a funny picture at least imo. And I don’t play commander

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

*Sheldon menery Westworld robot voice* doesn't look like anything to me.

This is Commander Working As Intended.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is daze even good in commander?

Why are forces of negation/will banned but not that blue pitch elemental??

Zalmun
Jan 17, 2008

It'sa me!

Nap Ghost
Has anyone here had experience with insuring a MTG collection? I'm looking to insure my collection and finding agents that have no clue what to do with a MTG collection, and giving ridiculous terms for doing so (at least in Canada).

Any advice people can give on this?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ilmucche posted:

because it's not real, op

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Zalmun posted:

Has anyone here had experience with insuring a MTG collection? I'm looking to insure my collection and finding agents that have no clue what to do with a MTG collection, and giving ridiculous terms for doing so (at least in Canada).

Any advice people can give on this?
Take pictures, include valuation on your home or renter's insurance?

When I had a flood a box of my cards got wet and I mentioned it offhand when summing up the damage. The agent brought it up later in a phone call and it was just commons so I said it had no value, but as long as it's accounted for and you're properly insured, it should be the same as any other valuable, right?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

ilmucche posted:

Because it doesn't actually counter spells. They missed it because they only got the straight-up counterspells.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ilmucche posted:

Could be an old list

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

odiv posted:

Take pictures, include valuation on your home or renter's insurance?

When I had a flood a box of my cards got wet and I mentioned it offhand when summing up the damage. The agent brought it up later in a phone call and it was just commons so I said it had no value, but as long as it's accounted for and you're properly insured, it should be the same as any other valuable, right?

Collectibles over a certain amount are often excluded from regular insurance

Also some places won't give you insurance if you live above a shop. Ask me how I know

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Toshimo posted:

Could be an old list

I considered that possibility, but it has Alchemist's Gambit from VOW, which is after MH2.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I considered that possibility, but it has Alchemist's Gambit from VOW, which is after MH2.

Yeah the inclusion of Foil and especially Thwart, a card that I have used to great effect in mental magic and nowhere else, really tends to indicate that it was just a cross section of "counters a spell" and "can be played for no mana."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1549210688400277505?s=20&t=Mvf-1Lg_KKMnFEsKtGZzLw