Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I was today years old when it occured to me that the wanderer's palace is named for Oschon and not just some weird name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Options for spending excess poes, if you aren't farming some relic weapon, include buying rings and giving them to your GC in exchange for minion lootboxes, or buying stuff to desynth and sell the results of.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
On Excal you can always donate topsoil to the goon gardeners who grow onions :)

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Poe -> highest ilvl shield -> GC seals -> whatever sells the most.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

First window lmao, I only just barely caught the Shadeshifter for Intuition while its window was ending too.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my poetics have sat capped for months except when i needed to buy some reaper gear. a stack of 2k is worth like 20k gil or something. not worth it for me to put any effort at all into selling them.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

If you’re not leveling anything you’re probably better off speculatively buying old relic stuff in case you get the brainworm that makes you think that you should try completing all those lux weapons or whatever

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i was doing that for awhile. i have like 4 complete animas worth of stuff sitting on a retainer and i dont think i have 4 animas left that i want to make

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Qwertycoatl posted:

buying rings and giving them to your GC in exchange for minion lootboxes
This is my usual choice for spending poetics. I don't do mobile gacha games anymore (... for now) so this is where I get my fill of bad lootbox rolls.

I usually get retainer ventures through Wolf Marks as I have nothing left to buy with them, but I'm not currently doing PvP so I have been buying ventures with GC seals as well.

edit: As far as good lootboxes go, I have gotten a Zu Horn and Flying Chair out of lootboxes as well as a few 100k+ minions. I'll get a Eureka mount or dark pegasus someday.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 18, 2022

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Uploaded at 1440p 60 but google is still processing beyond 360p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Di6ZqKHRE

This was a lot of fun, though it showed that I am probably the lowest DPS DRK on the server lol. But Eh I clear content.

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 18, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
I just started these missions last night for the first time. Namazu are very silly in appearance and I'm curious what nonsense I'm going to have to do for the tribe.

I liked how, during the unlock quest for it, Cirina suddenly has a desire for some catfish buuz. :D

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please remember,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YlTeJ2BLI4

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Burnt Poffin posted:

I just started these missions last night for the first time. Namazu are very silly in appearance and I'm curious what nonsense I'm going to have to do for the tribe.

I liked how, during the unlock quest for it, Cirina suddenly has a desire for some catfish buuz. :D

They make great use of the expressiveness of Namazu faces. It really helps sell the "eager but clueless" shtick.

Also IMO I really like that you're making components to help rather than doing the work for them. Probably because they needed it to work for both crafter and gatherer, but it feels good to me.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I know the data mining isn't as prevalent as it is in other games, but is there anywhere to figure out ahead of time which currently accessible crafting mats will be useful for the next tier of recipes?
I wouldn't mind trying to stock up ahead of time if I know that Integral Logs are going to be relevant again, for example.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

the_steve posted:

I know the data mining isn't as prevalent as it is in other games, but is there anywhere to figure out ahead of time which currently accessible crafting mats will be useful for the next tier of recipes?
I wouldn't mind trying to stock up ahead of time if I know that Integral Logs are going to be relevant again, for example.

This probably won't be minable until the patch actually drops and the recipes / new mats are in the data.

And it'll probably mostly be new mats for everything - either tomestone, timed nodes, or desynth.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
If we go by the last few expansions, you'll probably need some intermediate materials from base 6.0 but not in great quantities - we're talking like 1 6.0 lumber, thread, or cloth per recipe in addition to multiple 6.2 materials.
The safest thing to stock up on in advance is Immutable Solution because it should be involved in all master recipe gear for the expansion, but that's not exactly something you can gather from a node.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

the_steve posted:

No PTR and a simultaneous worldwide release means the majority of information of this kind is going to be unknowable until the patch becomes downloadable during maintenance. Sometimes they'll have some content that's not immediately available, but it's usually just holiday event or Mogstore items that are going to release before the next downloadable patch is available.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the reason all doh/l guildmasters are all "wow you're so good at this profession" is because the actual apprenticeship stuff is the boring part of the storylines and we can fast-forward to the interesting bits, like helping a dude not dress like a clown so he can get the girl, or raising the dead. this even goes for the leatherworker guildmaster because she explicitly says she's hard on you because she noticed you're extremely good at this leather thing and wants to nurture your talent, then also quickly has you make stuff with her brand name on it for her

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Good thing to do if you're using PF to do EXs: Do it as BLU. The ARR EXs have a 100% learn rate of really powerful spells if you do them as Blue Mage, and it's super easy to find other BLUs who want to do it for that reason.

Plus any excuse to do any content as BLU rules.

the only requirement for a 100% learn rate as BLU is being synced. doesn't matter if it's a dungeon or a savage raid. more concretely, this means for the vast majority of primal spells you wanna do the normal eight-person difficulty synced to learn stuff, with the only exceptions being ifrit where you can learn his spell from the four-person version, and garuda and shiva who only use their spells in the extreme versions.

frankly, much as i think BLU's cool and fun and people should try it out, you shouldn't join synced ex parties as a BLU until you're mostly done with spell-hunting and know how to actually utilise your spells. A BLU without the proper spells or know-how is as useful as a dps job pressing their level 1 button and literally nothing else and just straight up actively detrimental in synced ex parties

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The next Mogtome event starts on the 25th. The unique glam is a Demon Brick earring, the Alliance raid is the StB set, same with the regular raid, and the Trials are the Weapons.

The new versions of MSQ dungeons and trial are also present. Praetorium is worth 7 tomes, Castrum Meridianum is worth 4 and Porta Decumana is worth 3.

I was kind of hoping to see Crystalline Conflict show up, but no luck, there's just Frontlines.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

YES, YESSSSSSS

Got it on the last cast of the window, it's actually my first Salad bite ever.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
More incentives for the stormblood raids is great, Materia always has a straggling group in PF

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Onean posted:

I was kind of hoping to see Crystalline Conflict show up, but no luck, there's just Frontlines.

I'd be mad, but for once they actually have an excuse for 'why take away the one time Rival Wings is played'.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
Okay, for everything I do want from this Mogtome that's 114 runs of Aurum Vale.

Assuming five minutes a run, that's nine and a half hours of Aurum Value I might be doing over the course of the event.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Cleretic posted:

I'd be mad, but for once they actually have an excuse for 'why take away the one time Rival Wings is played'.

is rival wings available again?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Awesome! posted:

is rival wings available again?

Availability isn't the real problem with Rival Wings, it's finding enough PCs who actually want to play it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kwyndig posted:

Availability isn't the real problem with Rival Wings, it's finding enough PCs who actually want to play it.

Which usually only happens in mogtome events, unless Frontlines also gets those tomes in which case Rival Wings' incentive is completely nullified.

Hopefully they're aware of that being the problem when they bring Rival Wings back, or else there was barely even a point in taking the time to retool it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

super-redguy posted:

Okay, for everything I do want from this Mogtome that's 114 runs of Aurum Vale.

Assuming five minutes a run, that's nine and a half hours of Aurum Value I might be doing over the course of the event.

Start an ARR relic now, get it to the light stage, 2 birds 1 stone get that light done while getting tomes

Oh and fyi, when I was burning aurum for my last arr relic my best run time was 2:11.

Wait poo poo, does this have to be synched? Are you talking BLU power runs?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I know there's a pvp discord that was doing revival nights for rival wings and it meant good queue times for an evening.

Rival Wings probably won't get much play in-between CC and Frontline unless they make a roulette for it, honestly. It just sits in the awkward zone between the casual button pusher mode and the serious PvP mode.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

hazardousmouse posted:

Start an ARR relic now, get it to the light stage, 2 birds 1 stone get that light done while getting tomes

Oh and fyi, when I was burning aurum for my last arr relic my best run time was 2:11.

Wait poo poo, does this have to be synched? Are you talking BLU power runs?

Yeah, it has to be sync'd.

I got my usual BLU Ram's Voice + Ultravibration setup ready for this.

Though an optimal setup is 1 tank + 3 BLU and I have been slowly chipping away at my WAR relic, so that's an option too.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How hard is it to get a BLU mage set up for that? Is it just those two spells I need?

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Has to be synced. Ideally you want more for bosses and dashes, but you'll contribute well for trash. I had sub 4 minute runs when I ground during a previous attempt.

You can have a tank but a Blu tank is still better IMO.

This event would have saved me a few million, seems better than the last few. Just need the earring though myself.

derra fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 19, 2022

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

You also want Missile for the first two bosses and Moon Flute/Whistle/Final Sting for the last

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What the heck are you buying that you need so many aurum vale runs? 114 runs is like 8 hours of it. At that point isn't it easier to just get the items the normal way?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Speaking of it, BLU note: be aware that the easiest way to get Diamondback, a very important BLU spell for invulnerability, is going away with the Steps of Faith turning into a solo duty.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Zomborgon posted:

Speaking of it, BLU note: be aware that the easiest way to get Diamondback, a very important BLU spell for invulnerability, is going away with the Steps of Faith turning into a solo duty.

So if someone had only unlocked BLU and wanted to get this while the getting is still good, what would this theoretical player need to do?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

rantmo posted:

So if someone had only unlocked BLU and wanted to get this while the getting is still good, what would this theoretical player need to do?

Stone Vigil (Hard) also has the spell, and i'm pretty sure it was always faster to get to the second boss of that dungeon than it was waiting for steps of faith to progress to the same mob, but that might just be because doing nothing is gonna feel longer than doing something in the same timeframe

edit: like, even if steps of faith is the "easiest" option, dungeon spells are still incredibly easy grabs

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

If you prepared with other BLU spells, the other source in Stone Vigil (Hard) is not really all that bad. It can be killed with Level 5 Death or Tail Screw or Missile or whatever instant death method you prefer, ignoring the cannon fire gimmick.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I've been getting Dun Scaith in the roulette a lot lately, and it always turns into a shitshow. Deathgaze I can understand, but Diabolos will usually cause a wipe too. I think the mechanic that kills most people (besides the little orbs) is when he drops meteors that everyone needs to soak. Often an entire alliance or two will just die. People in chat will say that only tanks should soak the center meteor, but a lot of older guides say the center should be soaked by a lot of players. Is "tanks only in the center" the more reliable strategy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Unsync steps of faith, wait for the armored dragon to use the skill, then kill it. If you get the skill you're all set, if not exit and repeat.

a cartoon duck posted:

Stone Vigil (Hard) also has the spell, and i'm pretty sure it was always faster to get to the second boss of that dungeon than it was waiting for steps of faith to progress to the same mob, but that might just be because doing nothing is gonna feel longer than doing something in the same timeframe

edit: like, even if steps of faith is the "easiest" option, dungeon spells are still incredibly easy grabs

Main difference is that you can't unsync Stone Vigil by yourself since that boss has its weird canon gimmick.