Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

muscles like this! posted:

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Post-credits_Scenes

Here's a list. Going through it seems like early on yes, later it gets kind of mixed.

The ones that stand out are from Doctor Strange and Homecoming. Everything else is either recent, has been followed up on, or is from GotG2 which has got a sequel soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m assuming Homecoming’s won’t happen because of Sony nonsense and Strange’s won’t happen or will be super delayed just because no one cared about MCU Strange until he started showing up in other movies.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m assuming Homecoming’s won’t happen because of Sony nonsense and Strange’s won’t happen or will be super delayed just because no one cared about MCU Strange until he started showing up in other movies.
I saw a completely unfounded rumor that maybe Mac Gargan is going to be set up as the host for an MCU Venom now that a piece of the symbiote is there now. I guess this is more possible now that Michael Mando is done with Better Call Saul than it was when Homecoming came out, but it still seems like a stretch.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Such a waste of Michael Mando. Hopefully we can at least get an Orphan Black reunion on She-Hulk.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

You don’t say

https://twitter.com/rollingstone/status/1549196920953921537?s=21&t=yh60o8FS0Cz0kgHSptVkmg

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It says 13 percent of the accounts boosting the hashtag were bots (when usually it's about 5 percent), which admittedly doesn't seem massive, but it seems like the volume of tweets they were pushing out was fairly high:

quote:

[That hashtag was] trending at a million tweets a day for when they wanted to release the Snyder Cut. And it dropped down to 40,000 within days,”

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Post this in the Snyder thread in CineD and watch the forums crash.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I thought that news came out a while ago but it was the same thing for the Oscar thing, not the Snyder Cut hashtag.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

quote:

“Just look at the drop: [That hashtag was] trending at a million tweets a day for when they wanted to release the Snyder Cut. And it dropped down to 40,000 within days,” says one digital marketing executive, who claims the phenomenon became the talk of Hollywood. “You don’t see a drop like that organically.” Instead, the executive says, it appears to be a classic example of “weaponizing a movement.”

Okay then, weaponizing to do WHAT.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

reignonyourparade posted:

Stick it to all the Marvel fans.

Also, with the Shang-Chi post-credits, I'm thinking that actually was picked up in the post credits of Ms. Marvels and then we'll see more in The Marvels.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

reignonyourparade posted:

They thought the Snyder Cut would stop the steal.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Stick it to all the Marvel fans.

Also, with the Shang-Chi post-credits, I'm thinking that actually was picked up in the post credits of Ms. Marvels and then we'll see more in The Marvels.

I mean, that wouldn't be "weaponizing a movement" that would just be... the same movement, but some of it is running bots.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Click on anyone of the people calling this a hit piece and go through their timeline. I refuse to believe these are real people.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

How does one go about creating bots? I've got some films I'd like to see made.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Karloff posted:

I think you just pay some company or something. I read it on here and it's apparently not very expensive to have a bot farm do something you want them to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

Click on anyone of the people calling this a hit piece and go through their timeline. I refuse to believe these are real people.

A hit piece about their own movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe there’s an untold story why he’s so hesitant to call her.

the last time he trusted someone he lost an eye!

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

I think you just pay some company or something. I read it on here and it's apparently not very expensive to have a bot farm do something you want them to do.

Finally, my Postman Pat v. Fireman Sam pitch will get made!

All joking aside, the whole situation is so hosed up and fascinating. A filmmaker and studio having a pitched battle in the press over who is the evil mastermind. Just completely unprecedented and batshit.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Karloff posted:

When a mommy bot and a daddy bot plow

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Aphrodite posted:

A hit piece about their own movie.
You clearly haven't been following the many rakes Warner Media has stepped on throughout the lifetime of JL. It's insane.

Writing a hit piece about their own movie is the least of it.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Arist posted:

It says 13 percent of the accounts boosting the hashtag were bots (when usually it's about 5 percent), which admittedly doesn't seem massive, but it seems like the volume of tweets they were pushing out was fairly high:

quote:

That hashtag was] trending at a million tweets a day for when they wanted to release the Snyder Cut. And it dropped down to 40,000 within days,”

Wasn't a big tactic of the campaign to get lots of people to simultaneously tweet out #ReleasetheSnyderCut at a specific time to get it trending? It dropping off the next day is exactly what you'd expect.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

wasn't Disney putting out a bunch of hit pieces on Solo (e.g. main lead needing acting lessons), pretty much for the same reasons as here: power struggles between directors, executives, writers?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

In Solo’s case the studio was not happy with whatever Lord and Miller turned in so they fired them and replaced with Ron Howard. I do remember the articles about the Solo actor needing an acting coach but I don’t know why the studio would leak that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I haven't rewatched Solo since it came out but he seemed fine enough. Or maybe the acting coach was that good :iiam:

Solo would've been a great Star Wars movie with less studio meddling and some slight changes, like cutting out the entire intro and starting it at the war scene with some exposition between that and him getting thrown in with Chewie.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

specifically the Kasdans didn't like Lord and Miller making changes to their very EUriffic script in order to add jokes

amongst other things, the articles were intended to frame the film's imminent failure as being the fault of Lord and Miller for bad direction or organisation or whatever, and divert blame away from the Kasdans for writing a bad script/forcing Lord and Miller out. it's internal corporate politics

Warner Bros has form for this - the rumour was Babylon 5 was buried for so long despite the rise of nerd nostalgia as a market force because one particular WB exec hated the show. see also Perlmutter/Feige power struggles

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I haven't rewatched Solo since it came out but he seemed fine enough. Or maybe the acting coach was that good :iiam:

Solo would've been a great Star Wars movie with less studio meddling and some slight changes, like cutting out the entire intro and starting it at the war scene with some exposition between that and him getting thrown in with Chewie.

I have and it's totally fine! It's not bad at all, it's just not what people wanted from a Star Wars movie for whatever reason.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
it also likes to answer every question you never had in the dumbest loving way possible. Oh, and my favorite, plays the droid revolution as a loving joke. You've enslaved sentient beings, and their rebellion is now an inconvenience to our "heroes" including the droid who has revolution as her main personality trait. Star Wars avoids the Droid enslavement problem by ignoring it for the most part. It's a background detail no one comments on, if you actually bring that to the forefront, much less make it a plot point, you have to treat it with the weight the subject demands.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There'll be books written on how terrible ATT was at being in charge of Warner Brothers. Blowing 100 million in an attempt to prop up HBO Max is just one of many.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The young Han actor was the best thing about that film, and deserved a better movie. Hell if they’d just made him Dash Rendar and dropped the over reliance on memberberries it would have been a much stronger film.

Ah, but it was so important to learn that Han Solo’s dice, which I never noticed before, had an origin story.

Lol that they also made those dice the emotional resolution of Han/Luke/Leia’s story, when they were memories of Han’s first love. Sure, give *those* to Leia.

Ahhh, Star Wars. :allears:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alden Ehrenreich did an interview about all that stuff with Vanity Fair years ago:
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/04/alden-ehrenreich-han-solo-interview-acting-rumors

quote:

For months, it’s been reported that the actor struggled to effectively mimic Ford—to the point where Lucasfilm, allegedly concerned about his performance, ushered in a coach to coax out a better one. This, according to the actor, has been blown out of proportion. The “coach” in question was writer-director Maggie Kiley, he said: “She was part of conversations that happened for a couple weeks at one point, but that was basically it.” Lord and Miller also told Esquire that Kiley is someone they’ve worked with before, and that she was brought on as a resource for themselves and the entire cast—not just Ehrenreich.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Exclusive: Fake Accounts Fueled the ‘Snyder Cut’ Online Army
"A WarnerMedia report reveals that bots and other inauthentic users bolstered the fan-led campaign for director Zack Snyder’s Justice League do-over"

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Soonmot posted:

it also likes to answer every question you never had in the dumbest loving way possible. Oh, and my favorite, plays the droid revolution as a loving joke. You've enslaved sentient beings, and their rebellion is now an inconvenience to our "heroes" including the droid who has revolution as her main personality trait. Star Wars avoids the Droid enslavement problem by ignoring it for the most part. It's a background detail no one comments on, if you actually bring that to the forefront, much less make it a plot point, you have to treat it with the weight the subject demands.
The whole scene where an Imperial officer gives Han his last name since he’s alone made me groan in the theater

Like I totally get the complaints that The Force Awakens is just doing ANH again, but Solo does its callbacks in the worst possible ways.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's worth noting that the internal Warner Media report is dated April 2021, i.e. after they've already made and released the Snyder cut. This makes the obvious context to this basically the company asking itself "why wasn't the Snyder cut as successful as the pre-release buzz suggested", and also "how much should we believe fan calls for additional films in the Snyderverse".

Frankly if this leads companies to disregard future social media campaigns then I think that's a positive thing.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 19, 2022

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Arist posted:

There was a huge volume of tweets because the fans orchestrated specific dates for when to spam the hashtags, thats why on the specific dates they got huge spikes that then dropped to much lower numbers. And on the date it peaked with those record numbers they had Gal Gadot, Ray Fisher, Ben Affleck, Jason Mamoa and Zack Snyder all using the hashtag,

13% bot accounts isn't the smoking gun they think it is, considering rolling stones own bot followers

https://twitter.com/pingpongflix/status/1549250761074151424?t=iswaBCC_Ei2EXEHYZ94tEA&s=19

But I think the absolutely grossest thing about the article is that it's pushing the whole "Ray Fisher was manipulated by Snyder" conspiracy theory. They made the same claims in the Whedon rehabilitation piece, the article defending Geoff Johns and in a few other articles.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

The whole scene where an Imperial officer gives Han his last name since he’s alone made me groan in the theater

Like I totally get the complaints that The Force Awakens is just doing ANH again, but Solo does its callbacks in the worst possible ways.

I think my least favorite was "Your name's Chewbacca? That's too long! I'm gonna call you Chewie!" I can guess how nicknames work even a long time ago in a galaxy etc., Ron.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh no the bots have found the thread.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

McCloud posted:

13% bot accounts isn't the smoking gun they think it is, considering rolling stones own bot followers

A significant percentage of any big account is gonna be bots, that's how Twitter works

e: like, this clearly doesn't actually matter beyond showing us this:

Fangz posted:

It's worth noting that the internal Warner Media report is dated April 2021, i.e. after they've already made and released the Snyder cut. This makes the obvious context to this basically the company asking itself "why wasn't the Snyder cut as successful as the pre-release buzz suggested", and also "how much should we believe fan calls for additional films in the Snyderverse".

Frankly if this leads companies to disregard future social media campaigns then I think that's a positive thing.

The Snyderheads got what they wanted, it's weird that they would even care about this article.

Arist fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 19, 2022

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Sounds like somebody got Morbed.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The article is clearly WB propaganda at multiple points, but Snyder DID say stuff to rile up fans and get them going after people.

So I dunno. They both suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The article is some propaganda, yes.

The report was just WB wanting to find out why they didn’t make any money off it. So when you consider the number of bots plus how many Snyder fans were still in custody after January 6th it paints a clearer picture.