Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
rip lovely kazoo songs, officially dead on 07/18/2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

ok now do Prince Andrew

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Can't we all just agree that anyone pretending to be royalty in the 21st century needs to face the guillotine? Why is anyone getting special privileges based on the family they were born into in a country that claims to be democratic?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Scholtz posted:

ok now do Prince Andrew

Nobody should have to do that.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Scholtz posted:

ok now do Prince Andrew
ok, Ms. Maxwell.

Wipfmetz has a new favorite as of 06:46 on Jul 19, 2022

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Can't we all just agree that anyone pretending to be royalty in the 21st century needs to face the guillotine? Why is anyone getting special privileges based on the family they were born into in a country that claims to be democratic?

Sir, this a Wendys drive-thru. I'm not sure if the machine you wanted to rage against was the Frosty machine.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's good for the tourism.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

Tricking people into traveling to England is just as much of a crime as being royalty. :colbert:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Beachcomber posted:

Had someone actually use that excuse re: the Royal family once. I'm not sure they liked my suggestion that the French executed all their royalty and they seem to be doing okay on the tourism side.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Had someone actually use that excuse re: the Royal family once. I'm not sure they liked my suggestion that the French executed all their royalty and they seem to be doing okay on the tourism side.

Hell, the place where they executed all them blue-bloods is a pretty popular tourist spot these days.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Compromise: Anyone claiming royal blood and/or status may now be pied in the face at any or all times by anyone from a country which was at any point colonized by said royalty's kingdom.

Now it's a game and they have some value.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Promote the liquidation of the house of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha as a tourist event and sell tickets.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
No Diamond Jubilee, no Fortnum and Mason's Diamond Jubilee Tea Room.

You can eat as many tiny little sandwiches and scones as you want! They have Battenberg cake!

Honestly, since Harry abdicated or whatever and became financially independent, they haven't got anyone with any charisma left. If it's going to officially end, I would think it will happen when Liz dies. She might even do it herself just so Charles never becomes king.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The media in the UK hate Harry these days, because he dared suggest maybe the Royal family and the UK should confront it's past. Not even apologise or pay reparations, Just admit it did some bad things.

And gently caress me do they hate his wife.

Beachcomber posted:

I would think it will happen when Liz dies. She might even do it herself just so Charles never becomes king.

From all accounts Liz is a true believer. Chosen by God and all that, so she's in it until she pops her clogs.

Perestroika posted:

Tricking people into traveling to England is just as much of a crime as being royalty. :colbert:

The UK is actually a really lovely place to visit. Some beautiful countryside and its history before colonialism is very rich and interesting.

But people just go to London, which is just a big dirty city like any other with colonial trimmings and some palaces.
Instead go for a lovely walking holiday in Wales, a lot of them hate the English there too.

Mega Comrade has a new favorite as of 09:13 on Jul 19, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The UK has had worse royals and the red faced bootlickers will never voluntarily betray the institution, it's a pipe dream to think it won't lurch on

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Mega Comrade posted:

until she pops her clogs.

excuse me

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mega Comrade posted:

Instead go for a lovely walking holiday in Wales, a lot of them hate the English there too.

I was going to!!! I had it all planned. I was going to seek some kind of connection with my welsh ancestors who, for some reason, left green and rainy Wales to live in a bit of Australia that's hot and dry even by Australian standards. And I was going to drop into a few other countries along the way, cos why not.
Yep, I had 2020 aaaaaall planned out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Sir, this a Wendys drive-thru. I'm not sure if the machine you wanted to rage against was the Frosty machine.

I will rage against the Frosty machine because they took out vanilla in favor of strawberry. I hate strawberry, give me my vanilla back! At least I can still get chocolate.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Strawberry is the best

CourtesyDump
Sep 30, 2021

Rolo posted:

I liked Bale in Newsies.

Around that time he was in the TNT original movie adaptation of Treasure Island, which was one of the classiest pirate movies ever made. Charleston Heston was a surprisingly convincing Long John Silver, a host of BBC actors just nailed it, and it boasts the most piratical score ever composed, courtesy of the Chieftains. It was certainly no Empire of the Sun for Bale, but he did a good job. Unfortunately the only way to see it is to buy the DVD or do something very piratical indeed.

Edit: upon review: nearly everything I said is wrong. You can stream it on everything, and watching the trailer, I think I was remembering it through kid goggles. Oof. Still a great soundtrack (that they didn't use in the trailer).

CourtesyDump has a new favorite as of 12:45 on Jul 19, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/yaRCTOl.mp4

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Tree Bucket posted:

I was going to!!! I had it all planned. I was going to seek some kind of connection with my welsh ancestors who, for some reason, left green and rainy Wales to live in a bit of Australia that's hot and dry even by Australian standards. And I was going to drop into a few other countries along the way, cos why not.

Same except change Wales to Italy and replace the bit about Welsh ancestors with food

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

You heard :arghfist:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What did that 7/11 do to deserve such a plunging?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Tree Bucket posted:

We're they by chance deported due to felony convictions & couldn't be shipped to Georgia after that Revolution?

Zil posted:

What did that 7/11 do to deserve such a plunging?

If you listened to the video, they said "seven plus eleven to get eighteen."

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Tree Bucket posted:

uhh you do know why most UK citizens "left" and "moved" to Australia in the past right? I say this as someone who's criminal ancestor got sent to Canada instead of the place with good weather :colbert:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Mega Comrade posted:

But people just go to London, which is just a big dirty city like any other with colonial trimmings and some palaces.

I’ve been to London like 4 times now and it’s always fine compared to the states but then I spent 2 weeks in Edinburgh and fell in love with Scotland. The people, the city, the way they have so much green and no trash anywhere. It was wonderful.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

The only royals I will acknowledge are those hosed-up looking Habsburg twins.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://twitter.com/papua4pete/status/1549202775942332416?s=20&t=bZV4DpaRGLBmPMR2AOFSTA

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Would you? :confused:

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

The only royals I will acknowledge are those hosed-up looking Habsburg twins.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A live-action version of Spitting Image seems like a weird idea.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
When you have body dysmorphia so bad that you get plastic surgery like that, do you think you look better or do you see how hosed up you look, too.

Edit: I apologize if the earlier example seemed insensitive. There can be many mental issues behind why people get a lot of plastic surgery.

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Jul 19, 2022

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

They are dead now, no more gods, no more masters

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dialhforhero posted:

When you have body dysmorphia so bad that you get plastic surgery like that, do you think you look better or do you see how hosed up you look, too?

Legit question. Like, did Michael Jackson ever come to realize how hosed he looked? Or did he look in the mirror and say “Yes, this is an improvement!”

Hold on, I'll just turn off my monitor for a bit.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

dialhforhero posted:

When you have body dysmorphia so bad that you get plastic surgery like that, do you think you look better or do you see how hosed up you look, too?

Legit question. Like, did Michael Jackson ever come to realize how hosed he looked? Or did he look in the mirror and say “Yes, this is an improvement!”

From how I heard it, the less of his abusive father's face he could see in the mirror, the better

hosed up situation all around with that guy

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I think the Musk head on Zuckerberg body would look like a standard sys op. Not "normal", but within human boundaries.

I can't rap my head around what's going on with Musk's torso, and adding the weirdness of Zuckerberg and his Augustus haircut tips it right over the edge.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bug Squash posted:

I think the Musk head on Zuckerberg body would look like a standard sys op. Not "normal", but within human boundaries.

I can't rap my head around what's going on with Musk's torso, and adding the weirdness of Zuckerberg and his Augustus haircut tips it right over the edge.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOLaTBMxmbk&t=18s