Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Tarkus posted:

https://www.odmp.org/officer/26196-officer-trainee-cody-alan-olafson

Looks like the mugshot of a school shooter. Died of 'Duty related illness' whatever that means

quote:

Officer Trainee Cody Olafson died after suffering a medical emergency while training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Brunswick, Georgia.

Wonder if that training center has a similar program to the LAPD's officer training program?

https://twitter.com/KTLA/status/1540789156095201280?t=gGBUZ5YngOpgP1DICYIoMw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Oinker-to-be Cody died from sunstroke during a 1.5 mile run:

https://www.police1.com/officer-down/leo-trainee-dies-after-suffering-sun-stroke-during-training-Z4MIShLwGtdZ1tsb/

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tarkus posted:

Died of 'Duty related illness'

edit: beaten

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

one time an animal hit the side of my car while i was doing 55 down a country highway at 730 in the morning driving to work. i was eating a greasy egg sandwich and filling my car with egg farts

like full on tilt, bullet hitting another bullet perpendicular at a 90 degree angle

i flagged a state patrol person down as i was picking pieces of car along the road and the animal was lying next to my car, both on the shoulder of the road, both bleeding from their proverbial and literal noses

the state patrol guy helped by searching my car for weed because he said it smelled funny and i looked nervous

when he didnt find any drugs he shot the deer

i swear to you that this happened to me

Congratulations for getting a cop to eat your farts.

My only positive experience with cops was when I and my mom and younger sister broke down by the side of a country road in the middle of the night. I was 17 and this was pre cel phones and pre GPS. We were on a trip and trying to find our hotel and were basically lost and hadn’t seen another car for miles.

My mom and sister were scared and we didn’t know what to do so I volunteered to walk by myself along the deserted road until I found a house so I could knock on the door to ask someone for help. I started walking, hoping whatever bumpkin I woke up wouldn’t shoot me or bake me in a pie. I got a little way down the road and highway patrol spotlighted me. It’s the only time I’ve ever been happy to see police. They called us a tow truck and were courteous and helpful. This was like 1990. I felt really lucky and I think cops in general weren’t quite as jumpy and homicidal back then as they are now. Every other time I’ve dealt with a cop is an aggravating experience. It’s the only “service” profession I can think of where being treated like poo poo by an arrogant prick with a chip on their shoulder is the baseline expectation and it’s a huge shock when they’re respectful and do their job.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I hit a City of Lowell police car with a snowball as a kid and they didn’t beat the poo poo out of me.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Tarkus posted:

https://www.odmp.org/officer/26196-officer-trainee-cody-alan-olafson

Looks like the mugshot of a school shooter. Died of 'Duty related illness' whatever that means

rectal hemorrhage

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Actually, Cody Alan, each push up consists of both an up part and a down part.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
gently caress the Police.

Rant in the quotes.

Jelly fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 19, 2022

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jelly posted:

With cops just firing into crowds and murdering innocents now, can we start to stipulate when Americans will finally stand up for themselves and "defund" the police themselves?

Considering in the immediate future cops are going to be the prominent group murdering people willy-nilly for political reasons, i.e. the very literal definition of the word terrorists, we should really acknowledge that they are going to be the front line when fascism makes its final move. And maybe consider doing something about that soon.

Cops are terrorists, and enemies to America, and we have very limited time until they are free to murder you and everyone you love, alongside their white supremacist militia buddies, with no repercussion (as opposed to now, where they have to take PTO).

If they're not going to defund them, then the people will handle it themselves, and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it starts in Texas.

And as hilariously incendiary this is, there is absolutely nothing untrue about what I'm saying here. We either "take care" of the police, or we lose democracy and they murder millions. Take your pick, society. We're at the us or them stage.

In minecraft.

FTFY

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Jelly posted:

With cops just firing into crowds and murdering innocents now, can we start to stipulate when Americans will finally stand up for themselves and "defund" the police themselves?

Considering in the immediate future cops are going to be the prominent group murdering people willy-nilly for political reasons, i.e. the very literal definition of the word terrorists, we should really acknowledge that they are going to be the front line when fascism makes its final move. And maybe consider doing something about that soon.

Cops are terrorists, and enemies to America, and we have very limited time until they are free to murder you and everyone you love, alongside their white supremacist militia buddies, with no repercussion (as opposed to now, where they have to take PTO).

If they're not going to defund them, then the people will handle it themselves, and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it starts in Texas.

And as hilariously incendiary this is, there is absolutely nothing untrue about what I'm saying here. We either "take care" of the police, or we lose democracy and they murder millions. Take your pick, society. We're at the us or them stage.

Sadly, they're also essentially the Praetorian Guard. "Give us more funding, or oops, no bodyguards for the governor."

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

[wrong thread for this comment]

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

Wonder if that training center has a similar program to the LAPD's officer training program?

https://twitter.com/KTLA/status/1540789156095201280?t=gGBUZ5YngOpgP1DICYIoMw&s=19

thats a lol

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Jelly posted:

Toxxx to punch a cop or I ain't reading all that

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 19, 2022

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Something awful dot com poster Jelly was known the the FBI according to sources familiar with the matter.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

you ever notice how there's like tens of thousands of dudes posting manifestos like this all over the internet every day, and yet nobody ever does anything, meanwhile in basically any other time or culture some guy getting stiffed on a worker's comp claim or their moms getting scammed by some cult is grounds for logging off permanently and doing something insane about it
Not really a manifesto as I'm just stating the reality of the world. More of a post wondering why there aren't more crazy people doing crazy poo poo. I'm not actually incentivized to do anything as I'm privileged and live in a blue state and nothing has happened to me or my family. I just see everything happening to everyone else's families, and entire minority demographics, and know the reality of what's about to happen in the red states (basically genocide of poor people). The horrors of what police are going to do (or are already doing) to people are not speculation, which is why I'm so floored that nobody cares. Especially, seemingly, the people who are most at risk.

So, to answer your question, I guess "yes".

Jelly fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 19, 2022

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Also it's hilarious how you're all talking about the FBI and poo poo about my respectively tame and utterly realistic post. I might even catch a probe.

Meanwhile you have Republicans actively threatening to murder people in their very public political campaign ads and endangering the lives' of doctors performing life-saving surgeries by doxxing them to their rabid cult supporters. That's when they're not sparking insurrections to murder the entirety of congress and overthrow democracy.

Maybe it's time we stop with the decorum bullshit and taking every opportunity to throw people under the bus for having incendiary opinions about potential solutions for dealing with the greatest evils on the planet. Just a thought.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Undercover cops radicalized me on a meme forum for children, but they abandoned the op before I could get activated beyond posting like the worst possible fusion of a freshman college student and Osama bin Laden

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Undercover cops radicalized me on a meme forum for children, but they abandoned the op before I could get activated beyond posting like the worst possible fusion of a freshman college student and Osama bin Laden

its not too late to suicide by cop

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

From seeing your posts recently, it might be a good time to take a break for a few hours. You seem pretty upset. :(

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

From seeing your posts recently, it might be a good time to take a break for a few hours. You seem pretty upset. :(

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Huge fan of good cops, "shame" the only good cops are dead cops

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Thank goodness cops aren't a race or ethnicity so it isn't problematic that I want to put them all in camps.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Worf posted:

Thank goodness cops aren't a race or ethnicity so it isn't problematic that I want to put them all in camps.
Are you talking about like camps that improve their learning, critical thinking, awareness, recognition and memory skills?

We need to come up with a name for these camps.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

cops are, from now on, only allowed to work in the neighborhood they live in

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

The Voice of Labor posted:

cops are, from now on, only allowed to work in the neighborhood they live in

Let me tell you a story about that. I live in Denver, as in the City and County of, even though I live way out in the suburbs. This is because what you just said used to be the rule back in like, the 1950s or something if cops wanted to work in Denver. But, cops didn't want to live in the awful areas they patrolled, they wanted to live out in the burbs. So the rich white men of the times re-drew some lines, and since then Denver has had all these weird little tentacles going off into suburbia. That rule has long since been removed, but you can see how it was worked around.

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019
"Nobody ever does anything," LOL, did you forget the man who retaliated for Eric Garner's murder? (and then the NYPigD, showing that they only unsuccessfully pantomime being human, threw a bizarre fit and blamed the mayor for wimpily saying ganging-up on and executing people is almost bad sometimes)

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Vanadium Dame posted:

Let me tell you a story about that. I live in Denver, as in the City and County of, even though I live way out in the suburbs. This is because what you just said used to be the rule back in like, the 1950s or something if cops wanted to work in Denver. But, cops didn't want to live in the awful areas they patrolled, they wanted to live out in the burbs. So the rich white men of the times re-drew some lines, and since then Denver has had all these weird little tentacles going off into suburbia. That rule has long since been removed, but you can see how it was worked around.

you forgot to mention how denver was one of the most corrupt places back in the day and how cops decided the take was too small so they had to steal for themselvesq

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
send more cops

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

When i was in Beijing we were trying to get a cab in the pouring rain and a police detective lady who spoke perfect english picked us up and gave us a ride to the bar street we were going and she was really funny

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
one time i was handcuffed over a misunderstanding, the cops looked like they knew it was bunk. except the cop who was handling me was this roided out thumb and he kept getting increasingly pissed off that i was "laughing" at him (i was bored, not even smiling) and after i said, "dude i'm not laughing" he came at me and in the span of a 2 seconds i knew i was going to get my skull cracked but some other cop grabbed him and told him to stop, except it was because "there's too many people watching". i'll take it where i can get it i guess.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Civilians / humans need to use the information that's publicly provided to them legally and start documenting the police better.

I can't speak for places outside where I live, but here, if you make an arrest, or buy a home, both of those things are public record.

A database including all of the public information on police activity- what specific officers arrest people and when, + where they have purchased homes, what school districts those homes fall in, + anything else that can legally be grabbed from public information would be smart

I think every single aspect of these cops lives should be upended, including their families, which should be as forfeit as ours would be to them.

If you can't fire cops and cops are out here ruining lives, I think it's time they had to think about "will my house burn down with my children in it, if I choke this person for selling a cigarette?"

These people are visible, traceable, and a cancer on society. I think opening the door to some more knowledge on where cops live and who they love is in order.

And yes, the families must also be targeted, just as yours would be by them.

in minecraft

Worf fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 19, 2022

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Smugworth posted:

Every aspect of this should be mandatory if you become a cop lol

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Had some cops come to my house once when my housemate reported my laptop stolen. They dusted for prints in places where the results were obviously going to just be my housemates prints and one of them took the opportunity to tell us about how domestic violence often happens to men for some reason.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Gonna dig me a hole (gonna dig me a hole)
Gonna put a cop in it (Gonna put a cop in it)
Gonna take a firecracker (Gonna take a firecracker)

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Worf posted:

Civilians / humans need to use the information that's publicly provided to them legally and start documenting the police better.

I can't speak for places outside where I live, but here, if you make an arrest, or buy a home, both of those things are public record.

A database including all of the public information on police activity- what specific officers arrest people and when, + where they have purchased homes, what school districts those homes fall in, + anything else that can legally be grabbed from public information would be smart

I think every single aspect of these cops lives should be upended, including their families, which should be as forfeit as ours would be to them.

If you can't fire cops and cops are out here ruining lives, I think it's time they had to think about "will my house burn down with my children in it, if I choke this person for selling a cigarette?"

These people are visible, traceable, and a cancer on society. I think opening the door to some more knowledge on where cops live and who they love is in order.

And yes, the families must also be targeted, just as yours would be by them.

In Minecraft.

FFS people, learn to cover yourselves.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

its honestly as simple as "dont shoot/choke/murder unarmed people in the street"

E: or their own homes on no knocks at the wrong addy

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peDfrj9ESHU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

lmao

no wonder cops get into so many wrecks, this fuckin nerd in a high speed chase driving with one hand.