Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Forde report:

I'm trying to analyse spreadsheets (work ones not my own creations) and my brain is fried.

Is there a 2 word summary?

Corbyn vindicated / damned?

Why am I up the top again? Nothing for weeks and now this is my 3rd in 3-4 days.
Anyway:

Roman Empire in Year 193 looks a lot like UK 2022.

Roman Empire
January 1 – Year of the Five Emperors: The Roman Senate chooses Publius Helvius Pertinax, against his will, to succeed the late Commodus as Emperor. Pertinax is forced to reorganize the handling of finances, which were wrecked under Commodus, to reestablish discipline in the Roman army, and to suspend the food programs established by Trajan, provoking the ire of the Praetorian Guard.
March 28 – Pertinax is assassinated by members of the Praetorian Guard, who storm the imperial palace. The Empire is auctioned off; Marcus Didius Julianus the highest bidder, offers 300 million sesterces for the throne. Roman governors Clodius Albinus (Britannia) and Pescennius Niger (Syria) claim, with support of their troops, the imperial throne.
April 14 – Lucius Septimius Severus is proclaimed Emperor by his troops at Carnuntum, in Pannonia Superior (Balkans). He marches with his army to Rome.
June 1 – Septimius Severus enters the capital, and has Julianus put to death. He replaces the Praetorian Guard with a 15,000-man force from the Danubian legions, and gains control of the Roman Empire, beginning the Severan dynasty.
Battle of Cyzicus and Battle of Nicaea (Asia Minor): Septimius Severus defeats the army under Pescennius.
In Britain, Clodius Albinus allies with Septimius Severus, and accepts the title of Caesar. British tribes take advantage of the disorder in the Empire, and damage Hadrian's Wall. Extensive repairs to the defence work is carried out by the legionaries.
Counterfeiting workshops begin to appear throughout the Roman Empire.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm not a million miles from you and it's 33C and full-on sun here and no rain drops on the forecast at all.
I think OP must be over Merthyr / Port Talbot / Neath way.

The Unholy Trinity of poo poo South Wales towns.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Summers here
Suns out
Carling in hand
Simple as

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Mods Knew

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

bloody southerners stealing our rain

Is there still rumblings about building a super aqueduct to channel water from the moist north to the parched south?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The moment at 2m35s where Hancock shuts off the callers mic made me really angry, what a complete oval office

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Gambrinus posted:

The Unholy Trinity of poo poo South Wales towns.

Yes. Heavy brexit support and not the sort of place English Pensioners fetch up to live out their mortal lives which is why I have no time for people blaming the Welsh support for brexit on English Pensioners.
(I live in an area which voted remain and has a fairly large contingent of English Pensioners).

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Forde report:

Depends which side youre on but both apparently

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Forde report:

I'm trying to analyse spreadsheets (work ones not my own creations) and my brain is fried.

Corbyn vindicated, centrists twisting themselves into knots in an attempt to make it not so.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Nice meltdown.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
In Carmarthenshire I've had cloud all day, some stiff breezes, a few short showers and one distant bit of thunder.

Still pretty hot though. House didn't cool at all during the night so it had a big head start on things compared to yesterday.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

London is currently a couple of degrees hotter than Cairo. It was as much as 5C hotter earlier!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sassassin posted:

In Carmarthenshire I've had cloud all day, some stiff breezes, a few short showers and one distant bit of thunder.

Still pretty hot though. House didn't cool at all during the night so it had a big head start on things compared to yesterday.

It was beautifully chilly last night so I had my bedroom window open until 5am.16°c out, I was so happy. Not so much now where I'm sat in the living room in underwear & t-shirt with the curtains closed. Have to keep moving on the couch because my body temp is warming the spot I'm sat on too much to be comfortable lol. Humidity over 65%, little breeze, netweather.tv says that it feels like 30°c which is far too much for my tastes. Just waiting for the rain to come on now so I can just stand in it while it lasts

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Huh, it did actually smell of burning plastic

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

London is currently a couple of degrees hotter than Cairo. It was as much as 5C hotter earlier!

To be fair Texas Fort Worth tops out at 44-45C every day this week.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 19, 2022

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Advanced pig cooling technology

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Did you even read my post? I didn't say that some people don't abuse the term. Are you saying we always have to stop using terms whenever any nutter starts using them wrong? Trump didn't invent the term and Trump doesn't own the concept. I don't think many people would take it to mean what Trump implies in any other context and I suspect Johnson used the term more as a dog whistle to the faux "anti-establishment" ethos of the pro-brexit crowd rather than some kind of mad anti-semitic conspiracy.

I'm saying that when Trump ranted about the shadowy globalist deep state his followers knew exactly what he meant (see for reference: Unite the Right rally). When Johnson follows Trump's rhetoric, it's blindingly obvious what he's angling for, and it's not "state institutions may have a life of their own".

I don't understand why you are giving him the benefit of the doubt when the right-wing press is already importing all the other talking points from the USA that come with the territory. The constant lying of the government, the violating of political norms… it's Trumpism. Boris Johnson is going a Trump. And when looked at in that context, "deep state" cannot have any other meaning.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Mega Comrade posted:

Snap, he's got a little freezer pack under the tile to keep it chilled.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm not a million miles from you and it's 33C and full-on sun here and no rain drops on the forecast at all.
I think OP must be over Merthyr / Port Talbot / Neath way.

I'm near the coast by Llantwit, we've even had a spot of rain. It's cooler outside than in now, and as humid as a very humid thing.
Lightning maps has strikes happening over mid-Wales right now, but its just overcast here.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Cardiff has been getting pretty solid rain now for a while, it's lovely

Thunders all gone though which is a shame

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Some huge fires in Dartford/East London on Sky News right now. Grassland going into housing, looks really grim.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Antigravitas posted:

I'm saying that when Trump ranted about the shadowy globalist deep state his followers knew exactly what he meant (see for reference: Unite the Right rally). When Johnson follows Trump's rhetoric, it's blindingly obvious what he's angling for, and it's not "state institutions may have a life of their own".

I don't understand why you are giving him the benefit of the doubt when the right-wing press is already importing all the other talking points from the USA that come with the territory. The constant lying of the government, the violating of political norms… it's Trumpism. Boris Johnson is going a Trump. And when looked at in that context, "deep state" cannot have any other meaning.

I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt. It's just a fact that the anti-establishment bent to the Brexit crowd isn't exactly the same as Qanon conspiracy theories, even if it's promoted by Johnson and the right wing media in similar ways. When the Mail ran the "enemies of the people" headline about judges it wasn't promoting a conspiracy theory but that doesn't mean it isn't massively irresponsible and dangerous of them to do it. I don't think getting hysterical about a passing use of a phrase is going to do anything to stop them either.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Mega Comrade posted:

I spent far too long trying to figure out this cat's anatomy before reading your caption

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Boris has done it again, strapping himself into a Typhoon to wrangle us cooler weather.

What embarrassing search results would "Boris typhoon" have got us last week?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Brainworms, all the way down

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Aipsh posted:

Brainworms, all the way down

It likes a pie and a pint, precious

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Badenoch out. She was the most popular among the frothing membership lol
Telegraph comment sections about to spontaneously combust.

Get ready for PM Liz 'Literally Unable To Work Out How To Exit A Simply Designed Room' Truss. Lol. Lmao.

Oct 4, 2005

Anti-Corbyn Labour officials covertly diverted election funds away from winnable seats, Forde report finds

Who knew?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
My daughters new nursery school has just sent out an email to the parents of everyone starting in September... And not bcc'd anyone, so we now have the email addresses, first and last names of the parents of every kid at the nursery.

How are organisations still doing this?!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Chinese Gordon posted:

Badenoch out. She was the most popular among the frothing membership lol
Telegraph comment sections about to spontaneously combust.

Get ready for PM Liz 'Literally Unable To Work Out How To Exit A Simply Designed Room' Truss. Lol. Lmao.

Yeah it will be Truss probably, Badenoch supporters aren't going to be keen on Mordaunt what with her moderate stances and all that.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Big Kieth Knew

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Perfect Element posted:

My daughters new nursery school has just sent out an email to the parents of everyone starting in September... And not bcc'd anyone, so we now have the email addresses, first and last names of the parents of every kid at the nursery.

How are organisations still doing this?!

I'm sure it's not best practice, but unless you were planning on giving the other parents a pseudonym it's not like you wouldn't know in a couple of months anyway.

You're gonna be trapped in the Whatsapp group from hell with most of them.

Oct 4, 2005

gently caress me, is anyone else following this Extinction Rebellion thing on twitter?

They've smashed the windows at News UK, every loving comment is some smug prick saying the same drat thing.

"vandalised glass creates more energy waste & pollution, checkmate libs :smuggo:"

Do people not see that the country is on fire right now?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

1965917 posted:

gently caress me, is anyone else following this Extinction Rebellion thing on twitter?

They've smashed the windows at News UK, every loving comment is some smug prick saying the same drat thing.

"vandalised glass creates more energy waste & pollution, checkmate libs :smuggo:"

Do people not see that the country is on fire right now?

if they had any kind of imagination etc etc

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Sunak 119
Mordaunt 92
Truss 86
Badenoch 59

So Truss needs 33 of Badenoch's votes to guarantee making the member vote, seems pretty likely giving they're both the loving psycho type

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

There's going to be some poo poo flung if it's 119/119/118 after Boris removed the whip from one of Mordaunt's supporters.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Can you hear can you hear the thunder?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1549405673938735104

https://twitter.com/nthlondonhippy/status/1549407432581021698

Lots of fires breaking out in and around London.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

:tif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Torrential rain just began suddenly, really took the big shirtless loudmouth in next doors garden by surprise.