Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Jump isn’t out until Monday this week for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

RatHat posted:

Jump isn’t out until Monday this week for some reason?
I got a popup on my phone from the Viz app like a new issue dropped and nada. lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

I got a popup on my phone from the Viz app like a new issue dropped and nada. lol

Yeah same here it's really weird

They usually do this for holidays or something, not sure what's going this time.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah same here it's really weird

They usually do this for holidays or something, not sure what's going this time.

Monday was a public holiday in Japan, Marine Day.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

wow a whole day dedicated to marine

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kild posted:

wow a whole day dedicated to Jotaro

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ew, an entire day to the worst faction in One Piece

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

RareAcumen posted:

Ew, an entire day to the worst faction in One Piece

Tells you how huge OP is that even the Marines get a public holiday.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I just realized the interior of the flying platform has a real death star look and someone may have lost an arm just now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It would be a funny bit of dark irony if Deku ended up being one of the few people who didn't lose an arm by the end of all this.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

It would be a funny bit of dark irony if Deku ended up being one of the few people who didn't lose an arm by the end of all this.

It's setting up so he can say "Thanks to everyone who gave me a hand getting this far."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

Naruto giving everyone the chakra cloak except it's Deku giving everyone a hand.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The more serious injuries the main cast gets the bigger the chance this ends with a time travel retcon ending that eliminates all quirks and then Deku and Bakugo are cops

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Rhonne posted:

Ah yes, this is how he becomes the number one hero

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Vinylshadow posted:

It's setting up so he can say "Thanks to everyone who gave me a hand getting this far."

This, but it's Shoto "The Hand Crusher" saying that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I just realized the interior of the flying platform has a real death star look and someone may have lost an arm just now.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I appreciate that the official translation changed the line from "You're Midoriya's best friend," to "You're closer to Midoriya than anyone else," because those are similar but not the same thing and the former did offend me on Iida's behalf. Bakugo and Midoriya are definitely close but calling them friends feels dubious.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The money decides who Midoriya’s best friend is

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

TheKingofSprings posted:

The money decides who Midoriya’s best friend is

So...

Momo, with Mineta as a close second?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

I appreciate that the official translation changed the line from "You're Midoriya's best friend," to "You're closer to Midoriya than anyone else," because those are similar but not the same thing and the former did offend me on Iida's behalf. Bakugo and Midoriya are definitely close but calling them friends feels dubious.

I kind of wish they kept it best friend and Bakugo got so pissed at being called Deku's best friend that he got a second wind and actually hurt Shiggy.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh, no one posted the links to official 359:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013346
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-359/chapter/24978?action=read

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

New chapter:

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/3822/my-hero-academia-chapter-360

"You will always live in Midoriya's shadow" is probably the worst thing Shiggy could have said to Bakugou.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Ooof. I'm really worried Bakugo's not going to come out of this alive.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Rhonne posted:

New chapter:

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/3822/my-hero-academia-chapter-360

"You will always live in Midoriya's shadow" is probably the worst thing Shiggy could have said to Bakugou.

He pushed the Goku button

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

He pushed the Goku button

he shouldn’ta did that

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Lmao at responding to the system has utterly failed us with oh, so you’re a friendless loser

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Lmao at responding to the system has utterly failed us with oh, so you’re a friendless loser

He's not wrong tbf.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Judging from that last panel are those little star things meant to be sparks? People are speculating Bakugo has awakened his quirk and can explode sweat from anywhere on his body now.

If so lol that being compared negatively to Deku gets him mad enough to explode his whole body.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 22, 2022

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
mirio knowing how to push shigaraki's buttons was fantastic. there's nothing more an insane doomer kid hates hearing than "oh, you're a friendless loser?" because it really is the source of motivation for all of them

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

yeah i thought this chapter was fun as hell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tbp posted:

mirio knowing how to push shigaraki's buttons was fantastic. there's nothing more an insane doomer kid hates hearing than "oh, you're a friendless loser?" because it really is the source of motivation for all of them

Going to go post in the cspam biosphere thread wish me luck...

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm curious how that lands with Shigaraki, since his faint sense of comradeship with the League's members, particularly over their shared sense of being failed by society, has been the biggest development of his character in the story.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Jose posted:

Going to go post in the cspam biosphere thread wish me luck...

Ah, I see... so you don't have any friends?

Because if you did, you'd know that some subforums should never be visited!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dolash posted:

I'm curious how that lands with Shigaraki, since his faint sense of comradeship with the League's members, particularly over their shared sense of being failed by society, has been the biggest development of his character in the story.

Maybe it'll land in the "Wow, I really did completely forget about my newfound friends when I ascended to godhood, huh? poo poo." way?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Okay actually I do really like that after no-selling everything hitting Shigaraki with the No Friends is enough to stagger him

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-360/chapter/25013?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013483

Shigaraki once again ripping off Overhaul's brand; this time by growing mouths in different places to intimidate his opponent.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

We've seen Bakugo make grenades before, so I wonder if he didn't use his getting mauled by Shigaraki to plant some of his sweat on/in him and can now remote-detonate his sweat?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
seems more like he's still looking for patterns and openings in shigaraki's movements, just showing he hasn't given up

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Eri rewinding Mirio his powers back was worth it just for "Oh, I get it, you've never had any friends."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010