Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Yeah if it's real it's very bad form on the part of camera guy, but I'm pretty sure it's a dumb joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Drinkslinger posted:

The sad part is, I can't immediately tell which candidate you're referring to here

The one who is poised to win.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Private Speech posted:

Why am I getting uncanny valley vibes from this. Like it's obviously a photo, but there is so much about it that just seems... off.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

dr_rat posted:

Why am I getting uncanny valley vibes from this. Like it's obviously a photo, but there is so much about it that just seems... off.

There isn’t a brain in her head, she’s basically the Ivanka Trump of British politics.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

The Perfect Element posted:

My daughters new nursery school has just sent out an email to the parents of everyone starting in September... And not bcc'd anyone, so we now have the email addresses, first and last names of the parents of every kid at the nursery.

How are organisations still doing this?!

One of my job's suppliers did this last year, when they sent a price increase email to everyone. We had words with them and nearly closed our account, as several names on the list were nearby competitors despite supposedly having an exclusivity agreement.

To contribute to apocalypse-chat, it's actually been cooler today than yesterday in Northwest Wales. The temperature peaked at about 11, and has gone down slightly since. We even had a sudden rainburst early this afternoon. It's still too bloody hot, but not "please kill me" hot.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Something about the too-small and too-many tables in frame imo.

Plus the total vacant smooth-brained demeanour of truss, of course.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

"Name One Thing In This Photo"

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Private Speech posted:

The framed photo of her with an old english sheepdog gets me every time

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

sebzilla posted:

*He* couldn't, because the things that needed to be done (kicking out every MP or staffer who looked at him funny) were antithecal to his entire being.

If the Left ever gets hold of Labour again it needs to be with a total bastard in charge.

We needed John McDonnell to be the right bastard so Corbyn could stay lovely.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Noxville posted:

That's Boris in a fur suit.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

I guess it'll have to do until that giant asteroid comes along.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

dr_rat posted:

We do the same analysis every time it's posted but please take note of the photo frame that is plugged into the coffee machine and the two foot high skirting board.

Matinee posted:

Something about the too-small and too-many tables in frame imo.

Plus the total vacant smooth-brained demeanour of truss, of course.

I'm fairly sure it's a nested table set. My grandmother used to have one when I was a kid. They slot under each other like nesting dolls.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 19, 2022

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Noxville posted:

Same there's something about it that tickles me

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
she's clearly very professional, she has a telephone and a binder :colbert:

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Behold your new leader

https://twitter.com/jamesorharry/status/1547514330295549953

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Private Speech posted:

Convex fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 19, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

We do the same analysis every time it's posted but please take note of the photo frame that is plugged into the coffee machine and the two foot high skirting board.

Also the seat/table(?) that the photo is on has three support wood beams near it's base. Why not four, that's just how you do that right... also why is there their those heightened bits on top, when it is clearly it's meant to have something resting on it, and that just makes that harder to do? Oh god now you have me actually looking at all the tiny details that I mean probably do have like some sort explanation I guess but are just that bit off.

Why are there so many!

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

dr_rat posted:

Also the seat/table(?) that the photo is on has three support wood beams near it's base. Why not four, that's just how you do that right... also why is there their those heightened bits on top, when it is clearly it's meant to have something resting on it, and that just makes that harder to do? Oh god now you have me actually looking at all the tiny details that I mean probably do have like some sort explanation I guess but are just that bit off.

Why are there so many!

My dude. It's from a nesting set of tables. It has three supports so you can slide the tables in.

The 'heightened details' looks pretty much like 'a stack of placemats' or similar. It's weird that there's a picture on that, sure, but the table itself is genuinely extremely normal.

There's plenty that's weird in that picture (there's a lizard in the chair for starters) but ffs that's a perfectly normal table.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

dr_rat posted:

Why are there so many!

Because they're nesting tables, like I said, they have stretchers on three sides (horizontal beams on furniture to keep the legs from splaying are called stretchers) and the open side is so you can put the smaller tables underneath the larger ones.

The chair presumably has them on the sides because the rear legs tilt backwards and so are under tension.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 19, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Ah got it, so that would be why the three tables in the photo are of different heights I guess?

Anyway as a true conservative I say only birds should nest and nesting tables are immoral at a most basic level. :colbert:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I'm more concerned about the clearly impossible geometry of the table nearest the camera

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yes, as if you want to put tables of the same size inside each other you would generally need a well equipped physics lab.

That's also why there are slots in the apron, the top of the smaller table goes into them.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It's a good dog. I'd have a framed photo if I met a dog as good as that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it's an electronic photo frame, which I hope is why it's plugged in, though it still doesn't explain why it's plugged into the coffee maker.

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
also, isn't that one of those Cisco phone systems that's been hacked to smithereens?

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

What always gets me is how Liz herself looks like she's been photoshopped in

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

keep punching joe posted:

It's a good dog. I'd have a framed photo if I met a dog as good as that.

Wasn't it literally the dulux dog, or am I imagining that?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She went visit the dulux factory and got a photo with the dog so it's quite likely.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1549445057819934721

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MorCam_USA/status/1549455170181939201

https://twitter.com/malikejder47/status/1549448136808189952

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Dews with laser beams again, is it. :crossarms:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Dews?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nazi fucks are getting cute using soundalike words for "Jews". I've seen "greasy chu" elsewhere.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I mean it could just be a pure coincidence, water droplets on grass can start fires.

However the whole thing is too close to 'Jewish space lasers' and the Euler diagram of "climate change is a hoax and everything new is to control you" and neo-nazis is 'yes' at this point thanks to QAnon.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
I think in this case they mean D.E.W.s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed-energy_weapon

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dabir posted:

Nazi fucks are getting cute using soundalike words for "Jews". I've seen "greasy chu" elsewhere.

This is one of those times when what is being said is so bat poo poo crazy I honestly don't know if they were trying to be subtle about a "blame the Jews for everything" thing, or if they were legit thinking satellites were beaming lasers into dew on the ground to start fires.

Most likely both I guess. :shrug:

Edit:

Oh, yeah okay. That does explain the random capitalization. Just thought they were doing the classic old person randomly capitalize thing rant.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 19, 2022

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Off to brave the pub for the quiz. 27C outside. Pub has no outside garden.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

THE deep state is to blame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mm yeah drive a tesla to stop fires