Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Preview season never ends baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/BenMakesStuff/status/1549086543016370178

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

for some reason I thought the brothers war was first

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

drat i sure love commander whatevers in this thread specifically meant to be separate from commander

Leperflesh posted:

OTHER THREADS
You can talk about anything to do with Magic in this thread, but there are some other threads focused on specific areas of Magic play that you may also enjoy:

This is the general magic thread, people can post commander stuff here, please do not gatekeep the thread thanks.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

This is the general magic thread, people can post commander stuff here, please do not gatekeep the thread thanks.

Im not a mod, i literally cant prevent anyone from doing anything. Dont call light whining gatekeeping

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.

Zalmun posted:

Has anyone here had experience with insuring a MTG collection? I'm looking to insure my collection and finding agents that have no clue what to do with a MTG collection, and giving ridiculous terms for doing so (at least in Canada).

Any advice people can give on this?

I think often there's a limit on your policy for sports cards and collectibles. Ask your agent what that limit is and if necessary you'll need an endorsement to increase it to the value of your collection. Mine was that way anyway

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Has this been posted yet?
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/changes-magic-product-languages-2022-07-18

Korean, Russian, and Chinese (Traditional) are getting axed for regular sets.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Not even WOTC wants to recognize Hong Kong anymore

E: or the primacy of Dokdo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

GoutPatrol posted:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/changes-magic-product-languages-2022-07-18

I guess the special versions of Gala Greeters they made for those languages are the last hurrah

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Rip, maybe the value of my Korean only 8whack deck will go up

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I guess the special versions of Gala Greeters they made for those languages are the last hurrah

SNC wasnt even released in Russia due to war so those Gala Greeters are non-existent or super rare

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

GoutPatrol posted:

Given the current political/economic climate, axing Russia is a no-brainer. The other two are... hmmm.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gynovore posted:

Given the current political/economic climate, axing Russia is a no-brainer. The other two are... hmmm.

Punishing people for their government's actions is bad imo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's probably just 'hey these markets don't sell as much as the rest and we need to beef up production in other languages due to the continued covid-related strangle on distribution'

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Punishing people for their government's actions is bad imo

Every foreign company working in Russia bears extreme reputation risk for funding the war with taxes and business risks regarding getting their income out due to some major banks cut from SWIFT.

also I have bad news about political views of the majority of Russian magic community

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fatherboxx posted:

Every foreign company working in Russia bears extreme reputation risk for funding the war with taxes and business risks regarding getting their income out due to some major banks cut from SWIFT.

also I have bad news about political views of the majority of Russian magic community

Companies in America fund endless wars via taxes

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Agreed, WOTC should leave north american market :jerkbag:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That sure is related to MTG cards

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

How many magic players called for wotc to stop printing cards when america invaded iraq and afghanistan? Why is russia treated different for you?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The only ethical place to purchase magic cards is.... Sealand???

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How many magic players called for wotc to stop printing cards when america invaded iraq and afghanistan? Why is russia treated different for you?

This

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

Got any data on this? Not anecdotes, but data.

fatherboxx posted:

Instead of using the wankoff emote, how about you address the point? If it's wrong to sell Magic cards in one warmongering nation, why is it okay in another?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wait this just in, sealand is mostly libertarian. From now on I'm ordering my cards exclusively from antarctic suppliers

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

wait, news just in, antarctica no good either.

Switzerland? No, can't for obvious reasons

maybe.... botswana?

My LGS down in costa rica???????

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

TipTow posted:

Instead of using the wankoff emote, how about you address the point? If it's wrong to sell Magic cards in one warmongering nation, why is it okay in another?

I personally think that private businesses cutting off their ties (and thus hurting their profits) from a country engaging in an insane war of conquest (and possibly genocide) and making it minorly inconvenient (we are talking about buying magic cards ffs) for a segment of its population to carry on like nothing is happening, is pretty good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

that was 20 years ago, things have changed a bit.

but let's just have someone post either The Sonic The Hedgehog Image or The Good And Bad Things Dril Tweet and be done with this conversation hmmm

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fatherboxx posted:

I personally think that private businesses cutting off their ties (and thus hurting their profits) from a country engaging in an insane war of conquest (and possibly genocide) and making it minorly inconvenient (we are talking about buying magic cards ffs) for a segment of its population to carry on like nothing is happening, is pretty good.

Agreed, which is why Wizards should stop doing business in the United States of America

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

You did not answer my question.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Agreed, which is why Wizards should stop doing business in the United States of America

e: in any event I doubt WotC is cancelling Russian language products over the war, last I checked China and Korea weren't actively at war with anyone else and considering all three decisions came down at once, it's probably some kind of number-crunching thing that will marginally increase profits or whatever

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 19, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

but let's just have someone post either The Sonic The Hedgehog Image or The Good And Bad Things Dril Tweet and be done with this conversation hmmm
we were still in afghanistan last loving year, and no one here gave a gently caress lmao gently caress off with that 20 years ago bullshit

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

This would be a good Secret Lair theme

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I got you!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Wotc knows how to maximize their profit and I'm sorry to say, the Russian language buyers have lost.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

i've got very bad news about the united states' conduct in the middle east every year for the past 20 years.

but for real its almost certainly done because these products aren't selling enough to be worth the investment, dont expect morality from your exploitive gambling companies lmao

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lol just catchin' up with the Magic thread, hey guys, how's it going, oh... oh, oh boy, gently caress, there's gonna be reports. Yup. Sure enough. Lots of reports.

Hey OK so we don't all agree on politics in here, but that's OK, because this is the magic thread and not C-SPAM or D&D. If you'd like to discuss the badness of Wizards of the Coast I think the Industry thread is sorta-acceptable. Don't have that fight here.

But also please reconsider talking about poo poo like how America and Russia are the same, actually, at all, anywhere. That's not a moderator instruction, just friendly advice from me, your fellow poster Leperflesh.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Leperflesh posted:

Lol just catchin' up with the Magic thread, hey guys, how's it going, oh... oh, oh boy, gently caress, there's gonna be reports. Yup. Sure enough. Lots of reports.

Hey OK so we don't all agree on politics in here, but that's OK, because this is the magic thread and not C-SPAM or D&D. If you'd like to discuss the badness of Wizards of the Coast I think the Industry thread is sorta-acceptable. Don't have that fight here.

But also please reconsider talking about poo poo like how America and Russia are the same, actually, at all, anywhere. That's not a moderator instruction, just friendly advice from me, your fellow poster Leperflesh.

Anybody who complains about constant spoiler season should be forced to read this page

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

But also please reconsider talking about poo poo like how America and Russia are the same, actually, at all, anywhere.

all bourgeois states loving suck OP, especially the expansionistic/imperial ones.

i will refrain from going into a rant about how the United States objectively inflicts more harm than Russia out of respect for this thread's discourse, and merely post hot takes about how commander is a farce of a format and killing magic and/or the only format keeping the game afloat.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A history of magic is the history of two card pools, the reserved list and the cards which make the game go to prop up their value
-Karl Maro

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I am only asking you actually try and use your brain to consider why youre perfectly happy with american imperialism but detest russian imperialism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

A big flaming stink posted:

all bourgeois states loving suck OP, especially the expansionistic/imperial ones.

i will refrain from going into a rant about how the United States objectively inflicts more harm than Russia out of respect for this thread's discourse, and merely post hot takes about how commander is a farce of a format and killing magic and/or the only format keeping the game afloat.

I am only asking you actually try and use your brain to consider why youre perfectly happy with american imperialism but detest russian imperialism

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 19, 2022