Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Cloks posted:

Got some bad news for you, bud

According to this:

On the other hand, those millions of injuries create a lot of jobs in the healthcare sector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Your brain is broken if you legitimately believe this.
You're posting in CSPAM.

RockWhisperer
Oct 26, 2018

Had a coworker nearly die from a rogue tire. It passed him by a few feet at around 45mph. Working along roadsides is genuinely terrifying and people have no idea how close they come with their vehicle. No amount of signs telling people slow down will stop them from speeding (even the "my daddy works here" signs don't always work). The cones you lay down on the roadside are also largely to give you an audible cue to leap out of the way of a car. It's what alerted another one of my coworkers to an old lady who had a seizure driving off the road. He managed to jump over a guardrail.

In summary, I hate cars.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Why does this thread always turn into PYF favorite car accidents every couple of pages? None of that poo poo is particular interesting or fun to read.
that's right.

GBS Mt Everest megathread deathwatching is a sickness for the mind and soul. or one needs to look at gbs ukraine thread to see serious mental illness and sickness with people literally talking about boners and salivating over death of poor people, it's very gross and gbs should be deleted from the forums and from individual's mentality.

that said, cars are very bad and robert moses should be restricted and tried at the hague. and it can be funny when a rich tesla does something stupid or badcar does something stupid. i don't have a good answer, just caution everyone be aware of their own mental thinking before gbs consumes their brains. i believe there's a way to thread the needle safely, but it can quickly devolve to gibbis sickness so step back if you feel it coming on.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Car crash is only funny because of carbrain desensitizing us to the humans inside the funny flippy buggy

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I biked to the co-op today, and this intersection that it sits at is as safe as it looks (I would bike into that green lane, then go straight and typically just walk my bike across on the other side).

that right turn is just built for high speeds

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I don't think people take pleasure in the deaths themselves, it's just a heightened awareness that we've accepted these big machines that can kill you very easily to be everywhere. and once you start noticing something, you have a tendency to continue noticing it - especially when the number of people getting killed by cars is going up

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hellll yeahhhhhh (it's over 100k lol)

https://twitter.com/Ford/status/1549064745675800576

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Dog Case posted:

My gun was stolen and used in a murder sounds like something somebody that did a murder would say

Lol nah he's just an idiot who drives one of the lifted monstrosities we all love to hate. Wouldn't be surprised if he kills a cyclist though!

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
a major avenue started construction to go from 4 lanes to 3 with a center turn lane(express game of chicken lane)

i was walking by and asked a construction worker if he thought it'd work

'hell no! dumbest idea i ever heard. remind me to never take lyndale again'

sounds like it's working already :)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

oil is over 100/barrel, raptors are like catnip for guys who work the oil patch. they cant resist.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Kicked Throat posted:

a major avenue started construction to go from 4 lanes to 3 with a center turn lane(express game of chicken lane)

oh yeah i was going to ask in the minneapolis thread how that pilot project was going

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Kicked Throat posted:

That's one way to take care of Wedge left turners blocking traffic.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

that's right.

GBS Mt Everest megathread deathwatching is a sickness for the mind and soul. or one needs to look at gbs ukraine thread to see serious mental illness and sickness with people literally talking about boners and salivating over death of poor people, it's very gross and gbs should be deleted from the forums and from individual's mentality.

that said, cars are very bad and robert moses should be restricted and tried at the hague. and it can be funny when a rich tesla does something stupid or badcar does something stupid. i don't have a good answer, just caution everyone be aware of their own mental thinking before gbs consumes their brains. i believe there's a way to thread the needle safely, but it can quickly devolve to gibbis sickness so step back if you feel it coming on.

Every Sherpa who dies on Everest is a tragedy, but every single other person who dies there is making the world a better place.

Nepal should just double the fee to climb the mountain, take out life insurance on everyone who registers to do it, give the extra money to the Sherpas, and remove all limits. The more people who freeze to death or die of exhaustion waiting in line for the summit, the better.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

revolting

mystes
May 31, 2006

That looks like a crime scene where someone murdered a bus

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

you all see this?

its hosed up

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The idea of pointing a gun at someone just makes me fuckin sad. In any profession where you have to hold a gun you're taught not to point it at people unless you're really going to shoot them. I don't want to fuckin shoot anybody. Even if they're going to rob me or beat me up or take my car, I don't want to loving kill anybody. I'd rather my car get stolen or my jaw get fractured than someone be loving dead. And that's what you're supposed to use a gun for, to kill people. It's not for waving around or threatening folks. A gun is not a punctuation mark. What the gently caress kind of scenarios are these people imagining??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You don't just kill somebody, even somebody who is actively trying to kill you, and then walk away and live your life. Killing someone messes you up inside whether you like it or not. Why can't some of my fellow Americans acknowledge that??

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

You don't just kill somebody, even somebody who is actively trying to kill you, and then walk away and live your life. Killing someone messes you up inside whether you like it or not. Why can't some of my fellow Americans acknowledge that??

americans are psychopaths and therefore it's actually okay for them to kill people because it doesn't affect them

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

And that's what you're supposed to use a gun for, to kill people. It's not for waving around or threatening folks. A gun is not a punctuation mark. What the gently caress kind of scenarios are these people imagining??

you never heard of a warning shot? guns are used all the time as social punctuation everywhere without people getting in the way of bullets. USA is basically the only place where warning shots are not official policy.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

an important part of american culture was about meat slaughterhouses being terrible places

americans are the meat

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

gg cash strapped council, nice job removing a small strip of grass for apparently no benefit to anyone at all

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

loving sicko poo poo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The idea of pointing a gun at someone just makes me fuckin sad. In any profession where you have to hold a gun you're taught not to point it at people unless you're really going to shoot them. I don't want to fuckin shoot anybody. Even if they're going to rob me or beat me up or take my car, I don't want to loving kill anybody. I'd rather my car get stolen or my jaw get fractured than someone be loving dead. And that's what you're supposed to use a gun for, to kill people. It's not for waving around or threatening folks. A gun is not a punctuation mark. What the gently caress kind of scenarios are these people imagining??

American cops are taught "killology" by a guy who tells them that after they kill someone they should go home and gently caress their wives because it'll be the best sex they ever have.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/video-dave-grossman-police-sex/

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

good ratio but i guarantee the replies are people complaining they didn’t go far enough or add enough parking spaces

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I don't think people take pleasure in the deaths themselves, it's just a heightened awareness that we've accepted these big machines that can kill you very easily to be everywhere. and once you start noticing something, you have a tendency to continue noticing it - especially when the number of people getting killed by cars is going up

yeah, the mental conditioning created by car culture encourages people to ignore the constant stream of deaths and serious injuries and close calls that basically everyone is exposed to here. it's supposed to just glide off us like water off a duck's back; when you see a crash or almost get hit yourself you're supposed to just instantly let it go and forget about it as soon as it's out of sight, because this is the only way to get people to accept our failed-state level of car crashes. if you stop for a moment and say 'wow that's hosed up, this entire thing is hosed up' and treat these crashes like discrete events that are indicative of the shittiness of the traffic system we've created, you're the crazy one.

edit- we're all operating in a traffic system designed to kill us. 'lol, lmao' is one of the less weird responses to that, honestly, compared to people who get uncomfortable about pointing it out

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

I'd kill Hitler, wouldn't you?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lil poopendorfer posted:

I'd kill Hitler, wouldn't you?

why? what did he do?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Just googled him and yikes.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

AnimeIsTrash posted:

sorry you had to find out about hitler like this

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I googled him too and I'm not sure if I have the right one

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Your brain is broken if you legitimately believe this.

These are systems that like it or not are very important to how our world operates. It's weird that you aren't interested in how and why those systems failed.

Next you'll tell me you don't like learning about airplane crashes.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PittTheElder posted:

These are systems that like it or not are very important to how our world operates. It's weird that you aren't interested in how and why those systems failed.

Next you'll tell me you don't like learning about airplane crashes.

Where did I say any of this? You are arguing against a strawman you just made up.

What I am saying is that the constant stream of articles about people dying or cars crashing is not interesting or fun to read. There is nothing to glean from these articles especially in the US. We know that cars are bad, we know they kill people.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

What I am saying is that the constant stream of articles about people dying or cars crashing is not interesting or fun to read.

yeah it's sad, we should get rid of cars

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

American cops are taught "killology" by a guy who tells them that after they kill someone they should go home and gently caress their wives because it'll be the best sex they ever have.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/video-dave-grossman-police-sex/

Begrudgingly handing it to sigmund freud

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

yeah it's sad, we should get rid of cars

What do people in rural areas do when you get rid of cars?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

What do people in rural areas do when you get rid of cars?

who cares, this isn't the rural areas thread lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you all see this?

its hosed up

see at least you're trying to be funny here