Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sage advice, which I will take

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Lol that pointing out american imperialism is equally as bad as russian is vile, lmao. A thread full of mcmagics

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Lol that pointing out american imperialism is equally as bad as russian is vile, lmao. A thread full of mcmagics

Reading the card explains the card

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
As a Canadian I can proudly say maybe we can all come together and agree the world would be a better place if the US and Russia were both parking lots

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

There isn't a card for "shut the gently caress up with this lovely derail" so I did the best I could.

How's everyone feeling about the store championship weekends coming up? Anyone going to be playing? What decks will you be on?

What's the meta like in pioneer? I haven't played it since nearly pre pandemic.

Modern seems like yawg, 4c money pile and hammer are the big hitters?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TheKingofSprings posted:

As a Canadian I can proudly say maybe we can all come together and agree the world would be a better place if the US and Russia were both parking lots
Great, we're shifting from the imperialism derail to the urban sprawl derail...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I can稚 afford Magic anymore due to not buying cards during the pandemic for obvious reasons and getting a condo instead so I mostly shitpost about how Monkey and W6 torched Modern these days

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ilmucche posted:

There isn't a card for "shut the gently caress up with this lovely derail" so I did the best I could.

How's everyone feeling about the store championship weekends coming up? Anyone going to be playing? What decks will you be on?

What's the meta like in pioneer? I haven't played it since nearly pre pandemic.

Modern seems like yawg, 4c money pile and hammer are the big hitters?

Yawg is good but closer to tier 1.5. Murktide, 4c, hammer and amulet are probably the top 4 right nkw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had to miss the store championship this weekend but in a couple weeks my LGS is doing a modern regional qualifier and I値l probably be bringing Death痴 Shadow which is on a big comeback lately

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Perpetual effects get wiped off of commanders in brawl? wtf is the point of perpetual then?

Cowards, all of you!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

TheKingofSprings posted:

I can’t afford Magic anymore due to not buying cards during the pandemic for obvious reasons and getting a condo instead so I mostly shitpost about how Monkey and W6 torched Modern these days

Is w6 the real killer? Expand on that, I'm curious since I follow modern less now too.

It's the pitch elementals that I didn't like, and free spells in modern in general. Fury houses my favourite deck so I probably am biased.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

i thought mcmagic's posting in here was bad then i started reading the mlb threads in SAS and woah boy

e: in magic terms his posting over there is complaining that oko thief of crowns is underpowered and plays poorly and needs more support to win games

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Is w6 the real killer? Expand on that, I'm curious since I follow modern less now too.

It's the pitch elementals that I didn't like, and free spells in modern in general. Fury houses my favourite deck so I probably am biased.

W6 made 4 colour really, insanely easy but more critically it really puts a damper on 1 toughness creatures that aren稚 Monkey so I don稚 really like what it痴 done to the format.

E: I also don稚 like the pitch spells either, really you can name a Modern Magic card that costs $60 a pop or more and chances are I hate it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Wren is a prismatic omen that things your deck, makes sure you hit your land drops every turn, can kill creatures, and even just win the game all on it's own.

Thankfully, it's a mere two mana.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

W6 made 4 colour really, insanely easy but more critically it really puts a damper on 1 toughness creatures that aren稚 Monkey so I don稚 really like what it痴 done to the format.

E: I also don稚 like the pitch spells either, really you can name a Modern Magic card that costs $60 a pop or more and chances are I hate it

Yeah W6 is really the card that ties 4c together since it makes mana fixing super easy. You can稚 even effectively play blood moon against 4c because they play a ton of basics and use abundant growth. Its basically play all the best cards from each color.dek

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

odiv posted:

Perpetual effects get wiped off of commanders in brawl? wtf is the point of perpetual then?

Cowards, all of you!

it's optional (so if you want to stick beneficial perpetual stuff on your own commander you can), and it's because they started making perpetual removal spells + they dislike the play pattern of 'oh your commander just functionally doesn't exist for the rest of this game' which i agree with

patriar's humilation being one mana for 'your deck stops working' is a bit much, and banning every single piece of perpetual removal from hbrawl isn't much better

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plus it痴 3 loyalty to begin so as soon as it comes down and ticks up once it痴 out of lightning bolt range. T1 Ragavan or T2 W6 are probably the biggest threats in the format if you can稚 deal with them immediately

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ah that's fair. It's still turbo expensive. I was thinking of getting a few for my RG midrange pile but wayyyy too much.

TheKingofSprings posted:

W6 made 4 colour really, insanely easy but more critically it really puts a damper on 1 toughness creatures that aren’t Monkey so I don’t really like what it’s done to the format.

E: I also don’t like the pitch spells either, really you can name a Modern Magic card that costs $60 a pop or more and chances are I hate it

I guess is it also pushes for value on creatures when they hit the board? That was a thing I know got discussed a while ago. Etb and instant value because things that had to wait a turn were too slow now.

Yawg seems like a midrange type deck. I guess UR murktide is midrange/tempo in that it isn't as possible to drop it t2 like in legacy?

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Fatal Push but it says "or planeswalker". Problem solved.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

flatluigi posted:

it's probably just 'hey these markets don't sell as much as the rest and we need to beef up production in other languages due to the continued covid-related strangle on distribution'

I know at least for Chinese Traditional, when Pokemon started being printed in Chinese in 2019, they started eating Magic's lunch. It was such an own goal.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

IS DBL Masters the best (masters) set evaaaarrr??? No absolutely not gently caress that under printed poo poo tactic WOTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmBnjwW_mtU&t=339s

But an interesting topic nonetheless in the conversation vs other masters/remastered boxes

Jiro fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 19, 2022

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

flatluigi posted:

it's optional
That seems like the worst of both worlds. Just make perpetual clear on exile/command zone then imo.

Clone also doesn't copy perpetual, which is another unintuitive interaction. "Treat this as permanently changing a card. No, not like that."

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Fatal Push but it says "or planeswalker". Problem solved.

My friend, bloodchief's thirst exists.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
They never followed up on an details about Magic 30 in Las Vegas did they? I'm thinking of going, love Vegas, although it's a bit cheeky illustrating the thing with Strip landmarks when it's to be based downtown, I had originally assumed it would be in the convention center.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

My friend, bloodchief's thirst exists.

Sorcery. Costs extra mana to use the other mode.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

BizarroAzrael posted:

They never followed up on an details about Magic 30 in Las Vegas did they? I'm thinking of going, love Vegas, although it's a bit cheeky illustrating the thing with Strip landmarks when it's to be based downtown, I had originally assumed it would be in the convention center.

Reminds me of all the "New York" big events that were actually in New Jersey.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Lone Goat posted:

Anybody who complains about constant spoiler season should be forced to read this page

I already did and yes you池e right I do miss looking at pictures of pretty new cards

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I知 seeing some Double Masters 2022 cards bounce back up in price already. I know the general trend is cards for down as the set releases, hover low for a bit as packs are opened, then go back up in a few months. So I知 wondering, is the bounce a normal part of that cycle or is this unusual?

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Sorcery. Costs extra mana to use the other mode.

The real problem is that the color black is bad in Modern.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

TheKingofSprings posted:

As long as you don't try to play a Tribal deck in Canada :v:

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
w6 is substantially worse for modern than deathrite shaman was

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I remember being the first to activate in a Deathrite mirror and then being very sad.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TotalHell posted:

I知 seeing some Double Masters 2022 cards bounce back up in price already. I know the general trend is cards for down as the set releases, hover low for a bit as packs are opened, then go back up in a few months. So I知 wondering, is the bounce a normal part of that cycle or is this unusual?

depends on the cards, stuff like the expensive counterspells go up, niche commander cards stay down (Pillar of Paruns hit 1$ like I predicted)

buy mana drains now :)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

TotalHell posted:

cavern of souls is still very expensive :(

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

None of the cards dropped as much as I wanted, so instead of buying caverns and W6s I bought really cool ddr dance pads for cheaper

They're great!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/MaxMakesMagic/status/1549447943735885824

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm gonna need Blizzard to get on the ball with reprinting these: https://scryfall.com/@Toshimo/decks/cf93485c-c5d4-4ab9-b7e6-e7b3d627b3d0

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Toshimo posted:

I'm gonna need Blizzard to get on the ball with reprinting these: https://scryfall.com/@Toshimo/decks/cf93485c-c5d4-4ab9-b7e6-e7b3d627b3d0

blizzard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
actiblizz scoops up wotc, immediately shuts down mtg and sends mark rosewater to the CoD mines