Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Chernobyl Princess posted:

I have a bunch! The sleeve you see in that picture is the three great ladies of Oz, Dorothy, Ozma, and Glinda, as the three fates. It symbolizes my deep desire to have a dope as hell tattoo of Dorothy, Ozma, and Glinda as the three fates.

My only tattoo with ~~deep personal meaning~~ is actually kind of an ugly piece of poo poo. It's over top of the break in my femur after I hosed up a ski jump seven years ago and wrecked my leg and back. One day I'll get it touched up.

Ah, how was getting a tattoo over a surgical scar? I'm still coming to terms with the scar I got this winter when they went in and wrapped steel around my broken humerus bone. It's still healing but I'm kind of wondering what type of tattoo might work for helping me forget that it's there, or at least helping me not hate it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Ah, how was getting a tattoo over a surgical scar? I'm still coming to terms with the scar I got this winter when they went in and wrapped steel around my broken humerus bone. It's still healing but I'm kind of wondering what type of tattoo might work for helping me forget that it's there, or at least helping me not hate it so much.

just have them put "oops!" right above it, with an arrow

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I don't actually have any tattoos over my scars... They were able to take off my kneecap to put a rod inside my femur, so the scars are thankfully pretty small.

In talking to my artist, she said that the issue with tattooing scar tissue is that there isn't anywhere for the ink to really go. But depending on where the scars are you may still be able to do something cool with it! Find an artist you like (the thread in ylls is a good place to start) and talk with them about what kind of work you want done.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Yeah scars don't tattoo well, but a good artist should be able to work around that and find a design that works with the scar.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

knuthgrush posted:

Curious if basshole uses his dog+cat as dumbbells. Why are they so tired?

I haven't tried using them as dumbbells, they're just super lazy fuzzballs.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

we are house/dogsittin

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

mactheknife posted:

we are house/dogsittin

That dog is clearly standing.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

That dog is clearly standing.

and the other 90% of the time, he's doing this

i decided to join him on sunday morning

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gf and I are moving!!!! We're moving together gently caress gently caress gently caress

Us taking a look at the place. This is so exciting minus the bureaucracy involved.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

mactheknife posted:

just have them put "oops!" right above it, with an arrow

That's a solid post/username combo

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Elentor posted:

Gf and I are moving!!!! We're moving together gently caress gently caress gently caress

Us taking a look at the place. This is so exciting minus the bureaucracy involved.

Congratulations!

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

I got a tattoo when I was 15 and that is absolutely the worst age to make decisions about permanent images on your skin. I never got it removed or covered up to remind me that maybe I should think before ai do things. :haibrow:

lol same. I have a tribal dragon from when I was 15, and my sister signed as my guardian. it's all faded and looks like poop now.

plus... it's a tribal dragon, which is mega-not cool these days. i've always thought about getting it covered or refreshed, but its just straight up black tribal dragon.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i had to be at work for five minutes today. ama

"ehhh, boss? We gonna whack this dude? What do you mean he paid up? He was late!!! He needs to feel the pressure!!"

lol, i was the first to the mobster joke. drat.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

mactheknife posted:

can i come live in your mansion?

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

Just hangin out with my goblin baby

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

i'm a gray medusa.

and this is my poo poo dragon tribal that I got when I was sixteen. Like, 24 years ago. Dunno if anyone could even cover it, or make it into something cool. it's on my calf.

more than a bit embarrassed by it. lol

(i'm also the little pimple)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You look like the Ghost of Christmas Present

I mean that nicely, of course lol

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Chilling on the deck waiting for the wife to come home. Then the burgers go on

Only registered members can see post attachments!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Bad tattoos are awesome. gently caress covering them.

I say this as the owner of many bad tattoos.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
How on earth did you guys get tattoos at 15? Even with parental consent?

I got my ears pierced at like 16. I think that was the age you had to be at..... Claire's? Some sort of popular mall place like that.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got my ears pierced at like 16. I think that was the age you had to be at..... Claire's? Some sort of popular mall place like that.

Go to the shitiest imaginable place in the shitiest imaginable town and try to ignore the fact there are two parrots screaming at you while this guy covered in iron cross tattoos stabs you with a (maybe new) needle.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

blight rhino posted:

can i come live in your mansion?

not my house, sadly, but I wish you could - we're house sitting for a couple weeks

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I did it at that age and for us it was 3 of us chipping in to buy a case of beer for the local skeevy kitchen wizard in exchange for 1 small tattoo each.

The first tattoo was quite good for a kitchen wizard and i was excited. I went last and by the time i was up he had gone through 7 or 8 beers and i got a harley davidson bar and shield logo. It was about the size of a half dollar and every single line was completely blown out so it was an unreadable blob.

I have never owned a motorcycle

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I have one tattoo that I got at 17, it was originally designed to fit a grown man's calf. I had it shrunk down to like 2 inches or so and it's a dark, mostly indiscernible blob. I want to get it removed. I'd rather replace it with something completely different and fresh, I don't have anything in mind that it could be worked into for a coverup.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gf took a pic of us in the security camera of some store

I thought it was great content to synthwavify.

https://i.imgur.com/s2zePzD.mp4

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Looks like it would be a local police "please call us if you can identify these people."

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mactheknife posted:

a goon who made it, I guess

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Elentor posted:

It's like the haunted video from The Ring

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Elentor posted:

did it

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

This thread is starting to fill up with some dangerous looking people.

Thanks for bumping the thread, Elentor. I was bored. It's 5.20am and I still haven't slept since 7am yesterday morning. Stupid insomnia.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

blight rhino posted:

i'm a gray medusa.

and this is my poo poo dragon tribal that I got when I was sixteen. Like, 24 years ago. Dunno if anyone could even cover it, or make it into something cool. it's on my calf.

more than a bit embarrassed by it. lol

(i'm also the little pimple)

You have great hair too much beard, get rid of the scraggly beard but great hair and that tattoo looks cool
I think it looks like something on old Chinese porcelain

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Looks like it would be a local police "please call us if you can identify these people."

Lol yup

Heist photos

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Elentor posted:

you look like you could be cool cyberpunk assassins

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
and i don't mean cyberpunk as in the game whose creators ruined the word

(i mean cyberpunk as in your ma 20 years ago describing her idea of online neerdowells who want to steal your money and/or make rude pictures come on your computer screen)

(but in a good way)

crispix fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 22, 2022

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
Ohhhh why not…

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

a goon who made it, I guess

not my house - moving back into our lovely little heat box after monday. we're watching it for a family friend. been a nice kind of working vacation.

there's a pool

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Just me and the girl, hanging out in the dark.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
fear not, little one, i am here to protect thee :hehe:

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

ContraBoss posted:

Ohhhh why not…

welcome aboard, you photogenic bastard, i reflexively smiled at your primo smile!

mactheknife posted:

not my house - moving back into our lovely little heat box after monday. we're watching it for a family friend. been a nice kind of working vacation.

there's a pool

giant noodle legs, a++++

Chernobyl Princess posted:

Just me and the girl, hanging out in the dark.

up to no good, no dobut. still lookin' great, purple is a fine choice for summer. the other lady's looking pretty good, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Posting too much but I got all made up to do a talk on how tabletop gaming can be used to promote mental health for a charity fundraiser stream and I might's well post it here