Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe crack a few more unfunny uighur jokes to take away from the unfunny holocaust denial jokes. y’all are close just keep digging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I thought that was "Karen"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/lander/status/1548770465790849024?t=GUZf7bblsYEjUxCda1DoEA&s=19

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
some incredible posting over the last few pages

admin koos and ban FD

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Azathoth posted:

just getting caught up on the thread and i think now is the time to announce that ive got a bridge in brooklyn available for sale, PM me for details

sweet, if i make all the reports and buy your product, i can become king troll of the brooklyn bridge

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Following this train of thought, no kid of any politician should be allowed to work.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

If you have a PhD you're a fuckin moron

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

HiroProtagonist posted:

admin koos and ban FD

:hmmyes:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

wait wasn’t koos an admin for like a week

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Isn't the whole PHD/Dr. thing something the medical profession took from academics?

Elsewhere, yes. But the US had MDs before it had PhDs. Columbia created the MD (though it looked very little like it does today in the mid 1700s while PhDs were created in Yale in the mid 1800s.

The whole thing about Jill Biden has a kernel of truth but a lot of foolishness.

It is indeed true that women are less likely to be called by their honorifics. I've seen many female colleagues be called by students by their first names or even nicknames (e.g. Patty) while students will call me Dr. even after I tell them to call me by my first name. So I understand fighting to be called by that honorific.

At the same time, the reason why Jill Biden wasn't called Dr. in the media wasn't a gender issue: the AP style guide, which most publications tend to have something similar, explicitly reserves Dr for medical doctors. You can be a nobel prize winner in physics and you will still get called "Mr" or "Ms." As such, the effort to have Jill Biden called doctor, but only her (rather than pushing for a change in the style guide) feels pretty dishonest.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Here in C-SPAM we have a thread for posting about how the Holodomor is real and happened. Perhaps D&D should look into doing the same but for the Holocaust?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/wiczipedia/status/1549045993168965632

https://twitter.com/wiczipedia/status/1549046004250423296

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I have been nothing but impartial and nonpartisan. I have no opinion on whether the immigrant children should live or die

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nanomashoes posted:

Here in C-SPAM we have a thread for posting about how the Holodomor is real and happened. Perhaps D&D should look into doing the same but for the Holocaust?

but that would be mod sass

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Koos Group posted:

Yes. He has the lowest ratio of reported posts to total posts of the top ten USCE posters, therefore he is mathematically the best and most good faith mod candidate. In addition, we wanted to add some diversity of viewpoints to the mod team, and all the rest of us believe that six million Jews were killed in the Holocaust.

amazing

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Nanomashoes posted:

go ahead

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Nanomashoes posted:

koos did say that since the dnd official position is that 3 million died in the holocaust, you'd need extensive citations to argue more or less died. this means it's not only allowed, but required, to post holocaust denial propaganda in dnd

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hey guys, did you know that the US promised to protect Ukraine in return for them giving up their nuclear weapons? Hmmm? :smuggo:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Koos Group posted:

Yes. He has the lowest ratio of reported posts to total posts of the top ten USCE posters, therefore he is mathematically the best and most good faith mod candidate. In addition, we wanted to add some diversity of viewpoints to the mod team, and all the rest of us believe that six million Jews were killed in the Holocaust.

sup koos do you still despise transpeople just wondering

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

If the thread ends up talking about 1940s Ukraine, it's going to get real sad.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Fart Dumbass posted:

koos did say that since the dnd official position is that 3 million died in the holocaust, you'd need extensive citations to argue more or less died. this means it's not only allowed, but required, to post holocaust denial propaganda in dnd

"At least 3 million people died in the holocaust" is a true position that brings all our viewpoints together.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

ram dass in hell posted:

sup koos do you still despise transpeople just wondering

Koos naturally despises anyone over the age of 18 which includes many trans people I can only assume

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Koos Group posted:

still chuckling at this. that's dedication to principles

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Nanomashoes posted:

we should just have a rule that the Holodomor from now on in c-spam is to be referred to as the Holodocaust just to remove all doubt

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

HiroProtagonist posted:

Koos naturally despises anyone over the age of 18 which includes many trans people I can only assume

Statistically being over 18 makes someone less likely to be trans actually because of people like koos who raise mortality rates of trans children through the policies they support and the things they say and do lol

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
you would think mods would support the opposite policies, that is indeed curious

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1549187485095321601?s=20&t=RkROYfVuQXKA0gb0TLZwmMeJLuZDdsEjdzFX8opG4yQ

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

ram dass in hell posted:

Statistically being over 18 makes someone less likely to be trans actually because of people like koos who raise mortality rates of trans children through the policies they support and the things they say and do lol

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
Free Larry

Israel 2
Jul 13, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good to see koos trying to drive engagement, but browsing D&D to spam reports still isn't worth browsing D&D

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the last I saw of Larry he was fomenting drama in the scifi/fantasy thread in The Book Barn

free Larry

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Israel 2 posted:

good to see koos trying to drive engagement, but browsing D&D to spam reports still isn't worth browsing D&D

I fell for it and watched a white lady tick tock describe the oppression she received from the passive aggressive CVS pharmacist. Real tangeble genuine harm because jerk rear end has been embolden and rest of cvs staff too dumb to recognize the obvious sabotage. At the end the white lady cried and that is violence.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

USA - 2008 Presidential Election - Vice Presidential Candidate Biden at the DNC
Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Joe Biden (L) and his brother James Biden during the Democratic National Convention in Denver. (Photo by Rick Friedman/Corbis via Getty Images)

lol his brother was doing the trump lean before it was cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ngQixZ4II

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

i wonder what it's like to be the kind of battered loser who looks at this poo poo and doesn't interpret it as outright mockery

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Remember that Joe biden's dad owned a Chevy dealership in the mid-60s. When general motors literally sold half the cars in the United States.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Raiad posted:

i wonder what it's like to be the kind of battered loser who looks at this poo poo and doesn't interpret it as outright mockery

quote:

You have truly built America back better. With your passion and compassion, leading the greatest economic recovery in history and ending the pandemic. You have brought the most sweeping legislation to Congress in history. Can't wait for you to be on Mount Rushmore!

quote:

As a US citizen, I’m disgusted by all these comments towards Biden. In all my years as a US citizen I’ve never seen a President better than Joe Biden and I think he’s the best President we’ve ever had. Back him and trust the process. We can still do this!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ram dass in hell posted:

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

I fell for it and watched a white lady tick tock describe the oppression she received from the passive aggressive CVS pharmacist. Real tangeble genuine harm because jerk rear end has been embolden and rest of cvs staff too dumb to recognize the obvious sabotage. At the end the white lady cried and that is violence.

why are you actually reading instead of just randomly reporting everyone and citing whatever the innuendo rule is

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

yeah i wonder what it's like to live in that kinda brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

Hunter Biden has a Yale Law Degree.
Hunter Biden was an executive VP at a massive international bank.
Hunter Biden worked in the State Dept.
Hunter Biden formed a successful lobbying group.
Hunter Biden was on the Amtrak Board
Hunter Biden was CEO of a hedge fund
Hunter Biden co-founded multiple consulting firms and a venture capital fund
Hunter Biden was counsel for a large white shoe law firm
Hunter Biden was Chairman of a large charity
Hunter Biden was on the board of a Chinese equity fund

It is perfectly reasonable to look at that list of positions over the last 25 years and think, “that’s someone who has been handed everything because of his name”.

But, if his name wasn’t Hunter Biden and you read that person was on the board of a company like Burisma you wouldn’t even think twice about it.