Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
New York has good tap water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

the us literally conquered half of mexico, in a war

there were some people that were like, "we should definitely annex mexico, right? we won the war?" and the rest of em said "ew no they're not white" and the rest is history

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Was wind waker the first Nintendo-developed game to say poo poo?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Kerrzhe posted:

there were some people that were like, "we should definitely annex mexico, right? we won the war?" and the rest of em said "ew no they're not white" and the rest is history

the later gadsden purchase was going to include much more than just present day southern AZ and NM but many northerners (rightly) suspected that the south just wanted more land and more potential slave states; this was the same time period when a lot of southerners personally tried invading baja or central america to try and reinstitute slavery

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pittsburgh has notable things about it.

There are several other places in pennsylvania that are much worse you could list imo

In other news, I heard Stray is out. If someone sees this post and they finish Stray, I have a question about the game. Does the cat die? I need to know because I know it's a dumb thing to focus on but I don't think I could enjoy it as much as I could if it goes that route. Don't want to know anything else about it story wise, just want to know if the cat dies.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Jay Rust posted:

Was wind waker the first Nintendo-developed game to say poo poo?

Earthbound said Poo, does that count?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

God I'm old. I almost made an extremely dated South Park reference and I haven't even watched the show in 20 years!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

FirstAidKite posted:

Pittsburgh has notable things about it.

There are several other places in pennsylvania that are much worse you could list imo

In other news, I heard Stray is out. If someone sees this post and they finish Stray, I have a question about the game. Does the cat die? I need to know because I know it's a dumb thing to focus on but I don't think I could enjoy it as much as I could if it goes that route. Don't want to know anything else about it story wise, just want to know if the cat dies.

The cat does not die story wise. You will still die due to enemies during gameplay, of course.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Texas bad

The hottest weather ive ever been in was 120F or 48.88C. But without humidity. This Texas tempt is likely way worst if its really humid like it usually is in Texas.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ymgve posted:

The cat does not die story wise. You will still die due to enemies during gameplay, of course.

That I can deal with. Thank you :)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

pleased to report multiversus is still fun

however they gave reindog a very sad pose when he loses and it breaks my heart to see him not smiling so i just have to never lose

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kerrzhe posted:

pleased to report multiversus is still fun

however they gave reindog a very sad pose when he loses and it breaks my heart to see him not smiling so i just have to never lose

Yeah I watched some, seems fun

https://clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedPricklyMallardDoubleRainbow-IghnJDqBiCGlY0_J

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

live a live in 3 days.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You can live a life now, there's no need to wait!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

You can live a life now, there's no need to wait!

But in 3 days you can do it in hd 2d

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Booky posted:

live a live in 3 days.

1 month till Saints Row

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Infinitum posted:

1 month till Saints Row

poo poo, for real? Tentatively excited for that one

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Where's my fuckin car? I had some sweet-rear end wheels. It's hard to do a drive-by on your feet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Walla posted:

All these Europeans complaining about it being 30 and it's been 35+ in Maryland, and that's about normal here. I don't think we're even in a drought right now.

Were complaining its 35+ when the hottest it's ever been is 30

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

It’s 50 in Kuwait but the entire country is built on the assumption it gets to 50 in Kuwait

You go from an air conditioned car to an air conditioned mall to an air conditioned office, houses are built to not retain heat if possible. When it gets cold in the winter or the like 15 days it rains society basically collapses lol

Roads are almost unusable the first day of the year it rains, when there is one rain after like 6 months of none roads get very slippery and everyone gets into accidents

We had actual highways flood because it rained slightly more than expected

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The planet's fryin', Cloud!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

We had actual highways flood because it rained slightly more than expected

that happens here too in a place where it absolutely does rain a lot and also has snow so there are spring melt events you'd really think someone might plan for.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Patrolling the European desert almost makes you wish for nuclear winter

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
And just think, this is the mildest summer you'll ever have for the rest of your life.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Infinitum posted:

1 month till Saints Row

Wait for real? Please don't say it is an Epic Store time exclusive.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

They took entedre names like Rim Jobs away. It's really not speaking to me

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
So sad Rim Jobs died of Ligma.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Zil posted:

Lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zil posted:

OK. I won't say it.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

You're laughing because I'm wrong right? right?

:negative:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

They took entedre names like Rim Jobs away. It's really not speaking to me

They're calling it Jim Rob's

It's literally the same joke but a bit more subtle

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zil posted:

You're laughing because I'm wrong right? right?

:negative:

You can prepurchase it here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1332010/Saints_Row/

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

you fucker

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

You jerk! :argh:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

You're a bad person for this

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lmao

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I'm struggling to remember if I even know what storefront any game I have installed is from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol