Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Morter posted:

Is this the same game I played on my 3DS? Will I keep hearing that one bloke telling Shulk to 'get stuck in'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

“What a bunch of jokers!”

“We make a great team!”

“HEROPON, VERY COOL!”
“RIKI LIKE FIGHTING EASY MONSTERS”

“I can feel the ether building inside me!”

“BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE…”

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 19, 2022

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Electric Gut Buster!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Morter posted:

Is this the same game I played on my 3DS? Will I keep hearing that one bloke telling Shulk to 'get stuck in'?

But it has better faces repeating the same lines for 100+ hours.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Seconding that the new expert mode features in Xenoblade Chronicles DE are awesome! I never played the original to completion or much at all, but with this one it banks all bonus XP so I can choose when to spend it instead of auto leveling up by completing quests etc.

It's basically ensured that I've kept the perfect difficulty curve for myself the entire way through. Hell you can even level down, It owns really hard and you still get the sense of progression as your XP bank grows and your skills become more effective with skill point, investments etc.

This type of combat has never been my favorite but having complete control over the difficulty makes it much more engaging

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

hatty posted:

Just play Chrono Trigger on the DS I'm sure you have one in a drawer or in your crawlspace

I have a ds and lots of games and man the switch is not the same as the ds lol

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah it's more comfortable than the switch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its like the best port of chrono trigger that doesnt involve playing the original cart

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
the DS is GOAT

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i've been doing some cleaning and reorganizing and found an unopened polar white ds lite box in the back of a closet. i do not know where it came from. check your closets, maybe you have one too.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

hatty posted:

You can switch it to Japanese and not understand the repeated battle yelps if that helps

But how will i know what time it is

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
My new SD card finally came.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

the DS is GOAT

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Speaking of 3DS games that aren't on Switch

Ace Attorney sequels are 5 dolla each (75-83% off)

https://www.nintendo.com/en-ca/store/products/apollo-justice-ace-attorney-3ds
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies-3ds/
https://www.nintendo.com/en-ca/store/products/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice-3ds/

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Waffle! posted:

I don't know if anyone's still playing Mario Strikers, but they're adding Daisy, Shyguy, and a new stadium on Friday.

It's me, I'm doing it. Fun game that could really use more shakeups of the standard format besides the recent three-day season that only let you use Bob-Ombs.

Daisy's gone back to the daisy aesthetic rather than the weird crystal one she had in Charged. Pretty cool.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Deleted that pile of garbage when it didn’t even have proper 4v4 online play.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Love watching Reyn smelling his armpits after every battle.

What is it with japanese stuff and sweating. I'm playing FF7R and I can't get through 3 minutes without hearing Tifa or Biggs graciously telling me they're sweating and smell like poo poo.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

KingSlime posted:

Seconding that the new expert mode features in Xenoblade Chronicles DE are awesome! I never played the original to completion or much at all, but with this one it banks all bonus XP so I can choose when to spend it instead of auto leveling up by completing quests etc.

It's basically ensured that I've kept the perfect difficulty curve for myself the entire way through. Hell you can even level down, It owns really hard and you still get the sense of progression as your XP bank grows and your skills become more effective with skill point, investments etc.

This type of combat has never been my favorite but having complete control over the difficulty makes it much more engaging

That and the massively improved UI and map and quest tracking make it worth it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Barreft posted:

Love watching Reyn smelling his armpits after every battle.

What is it with japanese stuff and sweating. I'm playing FF7R and I can't get through 3 minutes without hearing Tifa or Biggs graciously telling me they're sweating and smell like poo poo.

sweating is a very common for people to talk about in numerous different languages
situations where one might mention sweating include but are not limited to: when it is hot out, when one is doing strenuous activity, or when one is nervous

Augus fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 20, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Augus posted:

sweating is a very common for people to talk about in numerous different languages
situations where one might mention sweating include but are not limited to: when it is hot out, when one is doing strenuous activity, or when one is nervous

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Barreft posted:

Tifa graciously telling me they're sweating

aaand we're back :heysexy:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Controversial opinion: I hate saunas. :colbert: Sweating loving sucks and saunas just remind me of when I used to live in the humid-rear end South.

Now, a hot tub I will gladly pass out and die soak in!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Read After Burning posted:

Controversial opinion: I hate saunas. :colbert: Sweating loving sucks and saunas just remind me of when I used to live in the humid-rear end South.

Now, a hot tub I will gladly pass out and die soak in!

Agreed with all this

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Never wanna go to a spa, saunas are unappealing, mud baths sound bad, and massages are gross

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Never been in a sauna before, but I have a poor heat tolerance and just thinking about going into a hot humid room where the point of the exercise is to sweat makes me want to curl up and die.

Nintendo Switch games, on the other hand, do not make me want to curl up and die, and thus are infinitely better than saunas.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Elden Ring makes me sweat at times. Or as they show in the animes 😥

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

loving hell, Mario Party Superstars. Took me like 20 minutes to get to this level of frustration. That loving Coconut Conk game. I'm rolling around, avoiding EVERYTHING. The timer stops while that silly bitch Wario is in midair. His purple rear end slams down, drops a coconut, and because the timer stopped, I can't move. And I get hit. And lose.

I will get my revenge.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 20, 2022

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Clearly Ring Fit is the sweatiest Switch game! The creepy ring guy Goatse?! even compliments your sweat!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Live a Live

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

live a liveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's the sequel to the alliance alive. great games

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I have never played a live a live

i am excited

but then there's the loving monado in 10 days and I haven't finished torna or xc3

ffff

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I have never played a live a live

i am excited

but then there's the loving monado in 10 days and I haven't finished torna or xc3

ffff
Kinda hard to beat games before they come out.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

xc2 i mean

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I still need to finish XB1 but alas my switch is in the capable hands of Nintendo repair people

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

This neck mount thingie works nicely. This plus botw will make two 18 hour flights a lot easier.

Ive had the oled model for a while, and didnt even know it supports bluetooth headphones. Add noise cancelling to the mix and I can completely escape into my own world of nintendo magic.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Read After Burning posted:

Clearly Ring Fit is the sweatiest Switch game! The creepy ring guy Goatse?! even compliments your sweat!

"Your sweat is so shiny and beautiful!"

"let me taste it"

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

If I enjoyed Bayo 1 and 2 would Astral Chain be a safe recommendation?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kart Barfunkel posted:

If I enjoyed Bayo 1 and 2 would Astral Chain be a safe recommendation?

Yeah absolutely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

If you use antiperspirant it clogs up your pores. If you clog up your pores you sweat elsewhere, on your tongue, under your ears, on the forehead. Block all those with antiperspirant, you get a breath problem. That's just fact, scientific fact. And if you block up everything you'll sweat inside and get cancer.