Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

What if I told you Farteta is going to play him in his natural position as an attacking midfielder?

Imagine I’ve posted a code tag XI of all of Arsenal’s attacking midfielders here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

blue footed boobie posted:

Imagine I’ve posted a code tag XI of all of Arsenal’s attacking midfielders here.

It's actually just Zinchenko in every position

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
swiss ramble did a good tweet thread about barca finances that i did a big lol at today.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1548917012021145606.html

some tidbits:

Swiss Ramble posted:

After many profitable years, #FCBarcelona slumped to a €133m pre-tax loss in 2020, followed by a shocking €555m loss in 2021, which was by some distance the worst in Europe. In fact, this was the highest loss ever reported by a football club.

Swiss Ramble posted:

#FCBarcelona total debt (including bank loans, transfer fees, wages, tax authorities and other creditors) has more than tripled in the last 5 years to stand at €1.2 bln, the third highest in Europe, only below #CFC (Abramovich friendly loans) and #THFC (funding a new stadium).

Swiss Ramble posted:

Like all football clubs, one way that #FCBarcelona have managed to sign these players is by paying the transfer fees in stages. Even though they managed to reduce transfer debt to €231m in 2021, this was still the second largest in Europe, again only behind Juventus.

lots of charts that do a good job of visualizing the numbers and explains the money coming in from the levers

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Took a few days, but

https://twitter.com/spursofficial/status/1549309315403612161?s=21&t=cJUQjSLldWqZM1CqTI1cQw

Diop Tehuti Djed-Hotep Spence from Middlesborough to Tottenham Hotspur

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

Took a few days, but

https://twitter.com/spursofficial/status/1549309315403612161?s=21&t=cJUQjSLldWqZM1CqTI1cQw

Diop Tehuti Djed-Hotep Spence from Middlesborough to Tottenham Hotspur

:hmmyes:

We now have 5 wing backs and conte says he is going to train up lucas into one as well. :)

With the new subs rule we can just rotate wing backs like it's american football.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

We can actually do that again, the truest sign that Wengerball is back baybee :unsmith:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

will bremer finally move

He will op

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1549410997437358082?s=21&t=y7pyd37JhCQBKkvhCJpUMw

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/Boro/status/1549355360691126273

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Conte already describing Spence as a “club signing” so we’ll never see him again

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Jippa posted:

:hmmyes:

We now have 5 wing backs and conte says he is going to train up lucas into one as well. :)

With the new subs rule we can just rotate wing backs like it's american football.

Wait, what? Are they actually gonna let players come back in?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Moktaro posted:

Wait, what? Are they actually gonna let players come back in?

Ha, no I was getting a bit over excited with the analogy there. We will be able to constantly replace both wing backs every game though while still allowing the normal amount of subs for other areas of the pitch which is brilliant for conte's system.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Love a bit of plane tracking and agent promotion

https://twitter.com/Edit_Kev/status/1549686046304178177?t=-Xscppa3jxt8fm-xFJBFvw&s=19

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

phwoar

I can't believe Newcastle might be getting *checks wikipedia* a striker who scored five goals in the austrian bundesliga last year

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

phwoar

I can't believe Newcastle might be getting *checks wikipedia* a striker who scored five goals in the austrian bundesliga last year

you fool you idiot hes a -9 PA rated kid in Football Manager you dullard

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bassey to Ajax is a done deal, €22m including all add-ons https://twitter.com/afcajax/status/1549726102209306629?s=21&t=mqeZAs2oBbWl1vBCELatTQ

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
£ not €

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Slotducks posted:

you fool you idiot hes a -9 PA rated kid in Football Manager you dullard

I remember Henri Saivet too

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I'm a bit late to the discussion but I can't believe Barca are getting away with this. It's like that this week in Tory bloke who begged for donations for his leccy bill then posted about how great his new Tesla was.

Grifting is all the rage now, Jack Monroe, Captain Tom's Family, Barca. Who needs an Arabian sugar daddy just set up a just giving page and crack open the chequebook.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lol Man United are gonna buy a 5'9 center back

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Erling Haaland likes this.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Erling Haaland likes this.

I didn't watch it myself, but people keep saying Martinez completely pocketed Haaland in a recent champions league game

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

TheRat posted:

I didn't watch it myself, but people keep saying Martinez completely pocketed Haaland in a recent champions league game

It's true but if I remember right Haaland was just back from injury and didn't play his best. Also Edson Alvarez cut off all passing lanes to the man so that helped Martinez.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheRat posted:

Watch the highlights, Haaland had 4 shots, including one where he hit the bar. I wouldn't exactly call that pocketing him.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
it is incredibly funny that ten hag is just buying back his ajax team and other assorted eredivisie players for triple their actual worth

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

nawilo_420 posted:

it is incredibly funny that ten hag is just buying back his ajax team and other assorted eredivisie players for triple their actual worth

then in 2 years he'll be back with a 500 mil oranj transfer kitty it's a ocean's elf

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DExpress_Sport/status/1550100091427590144

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Looking forward to renewed opportunities to post 'mempiss' in the gdt

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

JLingz to the Tricky Trees is a #donedeal

https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/1550182136631656449

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lingard seems… better than Nottingham Forest. What happened here

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

African AIDS cum posted:

Lol Man United are gonna buy a 5'9 center back

if you include Maguire's forehead, they average out to a 6'2" CB pairing

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Vegetable posted:

Lingard seems… better than Nottingham Forest. What happened here

It seems to be like there have been several players this transfer window who were banking on moving on to a bigger, better club on a free for massive wages and then...nobody really jumped at landing them?

Although it's been pretty clear for awhile that Di Maria was probably heading to Juve, same with Rudiger to RM, Christensen to Barca and Bale somewhere other than England or Spain, meanwhile others like Mbappe and Dembele ended up renewing while Dybala, and Lingard all seemed to eventually end up somewhere but it wasn't quite the massive clamor to land them as expected. Pogba unsurprisingly went back to Juve but at lower wages than he was making before because neither of the big Spanish teams were really in for him as he'd hoped.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Wasn't he supposedly asking for £180k a week? Forest seemed the only team willing to pay that much

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/skysportspl/status/1550186344978137089?s=21&t=-uP1GCu-oe3HVJl1SZIW2Q

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
He's not wrong

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
We all know there only like one or two restaurants in Manchester

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lmao, but also surely now is the perfect excuse for pooshited to drop this deal when you still need players before the season starts in two weeks

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
He’s right but staying at Barca seems weird if you want a stable club.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 21, 2022

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Lmao, but also surely now is the perfect excuse for pooshited to drop this deal when you still need players before the season starts in two weeks

Ten Hag supposedly has his mind set on De Jong or work with what he already has, he doesn't want a backup solution.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

How about they buy Tielemans for all the money instead so Leicester might do any business this window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hoping Arsenal buy him and Maddison and fire Xhaka into the sun OP.