Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Vermain posted:

IIRC, their overall goal with the changes is to try and encourage more early game aggression without removing the durability added beforehand. Increasing the base CD on TP makes it harder to recover from later deaths or influence the map earlier if it gets forced due to lane skirmishes or turret dives, and nerfing sustain makes fighting in lane more meaningful without returning to everyone exploding as soon as they get glanced by a skillshot.

are those their stated goals because they're stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i dont really see a reason to get mad at these changes other than theyre very bad and poorly thought out(they arent going to break the game or anything imo), riot needs to just get together and agree on one coherent vision for what they are doing instead of whatever this crap is because i genuinely have zero idea what they are even trying to accomplish before - this isnt a joke exaggeration post. i actually dont understand what their overall direction for this is.

as far as i can tell they are nerfing healing to encourage trading in lane, then nerfing grievous wounds so healing doesnt feel bad, releasing nilah(who buffs all heals), then nerfing healing because grievous wounds being useless feels bad, then ..? and they are buffing dragon buffs, making dragons easier to kill and then nerfing a bunch of top lane runes and teleport because ..? gently caress top lane? maybe? it doesnt feel like theyre trying to make top lane a joke on purpose but thats really the biggest takeaway i was able to get out of all of this

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
we're going to end up back in the pre-eurolane era by this time next year because riot will have just randomly smashed buttons to try to "fix" the game over the course of the next 20-odd patches

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bot tri lane baby

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Barudak posted:

Bot tri lane baby

:sickos:

Reintroduce banner of command and bring back tri mid heimer to force down turrets

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how does nilah's passive work in aram

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

how does nilah's passive work in aram

works the same as before, but the lion's share of EXP in ARAM is passively gained, and trying to last hit in it is a nightmare anyways

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Vermain posted:

IIRC, their overall goal with the changes is to try and encourage more early game aggression without removing the durability added beforehand. Increasing the base CD on TP makes it harder to recover from later deaths or influence the map earlier if it gets forced due to lane skirmishes or turret dives, and nerfing sustain makes fighting in lane more meaningful without returning to everyone exploding as soon as they get glanced by a skillshot.

They should nerf tower damage

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Holy gently caress ultimate spellbook is the best mode and I hope it never leaves me. I just had an amazing game as teemo mid with blitzcrank ult. Full AP and max magic pen, I could just wait in a bush for someone to one shot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Darius going 0-8 before the first dragon spawn acting incredulous that his teammates are flaming him is good, but teammates blaming their most damage, most kills, most assists, most team gold generated, 51 seconds of CC Morgana for not winning the game is better. More opportunities cannot be made, folks!

Revised Shyvanna is good, revised Teemo trades the ability to wave clear and team fight for just absolutely loving up whoever is chasing him, but only if there is only one chaser. The two chaser conundrum now results in a dead fuckin teemo as the second person full of piss and vinegar obliterates him.

Edit: Im surprised there is no badge for having 100% team kill participation.

The revised Rift Herald is, uh, bonkers and just lead to my team running it down mid after a failed mid game team fight through 3 towers and Nexus. It also reminds me that even when Im benefitting from Yasuo bullshit I hate it.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 18, 2022

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Biplane posted:

Holy gently caress ultimate spellbook is the best mode and I hope it never leaves me. I just had an amazing game as teemo mid with blitzcrank ult. Full AP and max magic pen, I could just wait in a bush for someone to one shot.

it's alright, but it's got the same issue of other 4fun modes like ARURF where sometimes the enemy team just gets some unbeatable shithouse combo like master yi with the quickness and you feel like you've just wasted 20 minutes of your life playing as intermediate bots for the enemy team to compstomp

i'm wondering if player interest has decreased at all from previous years, because i'm getting abysmal 2-3 minute queue times from it, and even nexus blitz in its doldrums still only hovered around the minute-ish mark

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The only temporary game mode that I've found really fun is Nexus Blitz and I wish it was always around for short goofy games.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

The PVe modes like Odyssey were so much fun and I don't know why they're never coming back

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just found out if your name text appears in Blue at champ select or champ loading in Wild Rift it means you own every one of a characters skins. I see you, Lux stans

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elephunk posted:

The PVe modes like Odyssey were so much fun and I don't know why they're never coming back

Extremely low engagement, basically.

The two PVE modes and Nexus Blitz, with the sole except of SG on its first day, couldn't reach the average hours of ARAM played per day. This likely translates into the three modes being untouched by a significant portion of the playerbase and not being something that lured lapsed or new players in. For better or worse, people are here by-and-large to play SR, and it's damnably hard to create anything that steps outside that paradigm while still retaining enough engagement to justify the resources spent on creating and maintaining it.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 18, 2022

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Vermain posted:

it's alright, but it's got the same issue of other 4fun modes like ARURF where sometimes the enemy team just gets some unbeatable shithouse combo like master yi with the quickness and you feel like you've just wasted 20 minutes of your life playing as intermediate bots for the enemy team to compstomp

i'm wondering if player interest has decreased at all from previous years, because i'm getting abysmal 2-3 minute queue times from it, and even nexus blitz in its doldrums still only hovered around the minute-ish mark

I'm getting matches after 20-30 seconds and have been playing it non stop since it came out.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Spideraxe30/status/1549457852049362944

thank gently caress for that, whew

ashley's an excellent VA with a good range, but the base akali update with her felt like riot realizing they had an hour left on her paid day and tried to make the most of it; there was none of the self-satisfied arrogance krizia brought to the role and which strongly defined akali for me

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Burch's take on it was awful, and I'm still scratching my head on why they even tried to replace Krizia, who did great work.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Darke GBF posted:

Burch's take on it was awful, and I'm still scratching my head on why they even tried to replace Krizia, who did great work.

BIG NAME GOOD

OLD NAME BAD

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Darke GBF posted:

iirc, they brought in a couple of paramount clowns a while ago who're focusing on trying to build the Brand Identity, so my guess is there was pressure from the top to make burch the new "official" akali in the same way laura bailey's become the new miss fortune

it's not like burch is incapable of doing a kind of smarmy, self-important voice - she did viper in valorant, for gently caress's sake! - but the direction's just so egregiously off that it feels like it had to have been a rush job that they did in a couple takes to avoid having to pay her for an extra day in the studio

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

now if only they'd revoice miss fortune's ingame lines with laura bailey

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I think literally the exact same thing happened with miss fortune when they were making the gun goddess skin.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Veev posted:

I think literally the exact same thing happened with miss fortune when they were making the gun goddess skin.

Yeah, though that was a more earnest case than Burch's Akali. They had Rachel Kimsey in the studio and Miss Fortune's original VA was wildly out of step with how the interpretation of the character had evolved, so they tried to get a new base VA done. It got shelved after they sampled opinions from MF mains who liked the really goofy fun-loving vibe old MF had and hated how the new one was much more grim and flippant. Burch's Akali feels way more like them trying to maintain brand consistency, given that Akali's current VA is already well in line with the character, and because they just dropped the loving thing on the PBE with zero fanfare or market research and assumed it'd pass by without issue.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

Yeah, though that was a more earnest case than Burch's Akali. They had Rachel Kimsey in the studio and Miss Fortune's original VA was wildly out of step with how the interpretation of the character had evolved, so they tried to get a new base VA done. It got shelved after they sampled opinions from MF mains who liked the really goofy fun-loving vibe old MF had and hated how the new one was much more grim and flippant. Burch's Akali feels way more like them trying to maintain brand consistency, given that Akali's current VA is already well in line with the character, and because they just dropped the loving thing on the PBE with zero fanfare or market research and assumed it'd pass by without issue.

How do you like my guns? SHOCK... and AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWE

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Time to take a break and go gently caress around in normals after an A-Rank Loss and an S-Rank Loss back to back. Probably won't make it out of plat this season.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Taciturn Tactician posted:

How do you like my guns? SHOCK... and AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWE

They better not replace "watch your mouth kid, or else you'll find yourself RESPAWNING at hooome" though. It's just such a perfectly dumb cocky taunt

She could definitely use a rewrite otherwise though

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Champions have voicelines? Lol.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Every champ has good voice lines except Xayah and Rakan oh my god shut up.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

For anyone on the fence, star guardian Kai'sa is amazing. I will never stop turning frogs onto magical girls.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

njsykora posted:

Counterpoint, they're great.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

njsykora posted:

Also super galaxy rumble and Lissandra in general in KR are super duper obnoxious

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

njsykora posted:

All women desire Rakan

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Counterpoint, they're great.

:hmmyes:

Ashe talks an absolute ton. Narrates her whole life story as she walks to lane from a recall

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

:hmmyes:

Ashe talks an absolute ton. Narrates her whole life story as she walks to lane from a recall

How I Met Your Jungler

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I think her and Trynd are canonically married, so it is kind of funny that when you kill him with Ashe she's like: "Tryndamere, I always knew it would come to this"

Ice cold, right on theme

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I think her and Trynd are canonically married, so it is kind of funny that when you kill him with Ashe she's like: "Tryndamere, I always knew it would come to this"

Ice cold, right on theme

You dont marry a barbarian without knowing what you're getting into. Besides Im pretty sure their marriage is entirely based on "neither of us wears appropriate clothing"

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

njsykora posted:

How... dare you.

Also great are the sheer number of "I just killed Xayah" lines Rakan gets.

You leave my beloved little deviant alone.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

The best voice lines in the game are praetorian graves

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Calibanibal posted:

The best voice lines in the game are praetorian graves

Vel'koz always makes me smile, although the genders comment is looking pretty outdated.

I also think Sivir's two mottos ("Honor is the rust on a dull blade" and "Loyalty isn't earned; it's bought") are just good advice to live by, but god drat does she say them too often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

njsykora posted:

i hope a piano falls on them like looney tunes