Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Im too wounded to hope so I think it's gonna be fuckin PM rishi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Communist Thoughts posted:

Im too wounded to hope so I think it's gonna be fuckin PM rishi

its very possible that with a month before the vote the right wing press monster truss the way they did mordaunt to force sunak on us

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Can someone please translate these Celsius numbers to figures a real Christian can understand? 30 degrees is cold, you heathens, not hot.

double it and add 30, easy peasy

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

its very possible that with a month before the vote the right wing press monster truss the way they did mordaunt to force sunak on us

yeah it seems too obvious, unless truss is a real friend of the banks

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The Sun are backing Sunak and The Daily Mail, Truss lol

two papers are fighting it out to get their person in charge

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Looke posted:

Is Sunak on the list? What freaky poo poo is he up to?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

very troubling if true

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

genericnick posted:

Is Sunak on the list? What freaky poo poo is he up to?

I reckon he’s a toe sucker tbh

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Looke posted:

I reckon he’s a toe sucker tbh

That's the only part he can reach

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Jose posted:

It looks like Truss was the one who split the beans on Mordaunt that led to her monstering, so I think the papers will go with her as she has shown she will work with them

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

It's gonna be Truss, and she'll last less than a year before we do this thing over again (and before any General Election).

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Looke posted:

I don't think the Sun really had a choice here.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Hmm what happened last time there was a massive rift in the Tory party between the Sensibles and the brexiteers can somebody remind me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

UKIP was crushed so i assume everything worked out just fine

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

Jose posted:

Thing is the people voting are members and Tory members are absolute freaks. It’ll be Truss.

Edit: and fwiw, good. The public dislike her, she’s no redeeming qualities and her plans as they stand will dismantle any possible lingering Tory argument with the austerity crowd.

Mesopotamia has issued a correction as of 21:22 on Jul 20, 2022

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

bustin keaton posted:

Thing is the people voting are members and Tory members are absolute freaks. It’ll be Truss.

Edit: and fwiw, good. The public dislike her, she’s no redeeming qualities and her plans as they stand will dismantle any possible lingering Tory argument with the austerity crowd.

I can't believe Jimiry Cronyn would poison British politics so much that Liz Truss would win

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It was 105F yesterday (the F stands for Fstupidscale)

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
As much as I welcome Truss as our Dim Anal-loving PM, not sure I'm looking forward to when she accidentally declares war on France over their superior pork markets

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jvs85jl3F8

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Falcorum posted:

As much as I welcome Truss as our Dim Anal-loving PM, not sure I'm looking forward to when she accidentally declares war on France over their superior pork markets

October 2022, the first British Gunboats start dropping off raiding parties at French coastal towns to raid the local traiteurs for saucisson.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

truss winning after the media literally elevated rishi is the funniest outcome and im too depressed to believe we'd get even that relief

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

lol

e

Valko posted:

I've said it before but it needs repeating. Sammy Wilson is the most embarassing politician from N.I. He's the sort of person who would look at the weather we had and then go frolic naked in the woods, photographic evidence proves it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3EhqjLxSfo

Look at Corbyn behind him.
lol

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I want us to be happy about the weather. I don't know whether something's happened to meteorologists to make you all a little fatalistic lmao

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Real fond of the "has made real progress in ridding the party of destructive factionalism" bullet point, allegedly spoken with a straight face.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1550020515573669888?t=xjFEAXDLzVzivIsnDU4n7A&s=19

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone here have much experience with Unison? I'm working in healthcare and looking to join a union.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Yeah but did she panic when she couldn't find the door? No, she remained steadfastly cool, calmly resolute, prime ministerial

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Lmao, she looked like a care home resident who had eaten too many prunes and couldn't remember where the bathroom was.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
another day closer to truss

can't believe they're making us wait until September

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

As bad as Truss is she's got to be better than Sunak.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
I woke up after a long haul flight to a text message from a mate saying “are you ready for Liz truss as pm? wtf.”

and my response is basically if we have another prime minister who’s been guilty of gutting the country for the last decade who tells us we need to be an “aspiration nation” I’m not coming back to the uk and I’m taking my business with me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ffs

https://twitter.com/HumanRightsCtte/status/1549792744134086656?s=20&t=T1NU7gBAH0Fi0Q_Xfts0cg

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone here have much experience with Unison? I'm working in healthcare and looking to join a union.

the people high up in labour who were named in the leaked report are in charge of unison

https://twitter.com/funcrusherrr/status/1549655675231412225?s=20&t=T1NU7gBAH0Fi0Q_Xfts0cg

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
UK goons, can you guys explain to me why the conversative party want to choose such a mean looking person to lead the country? Every photo I see of Liz Truss reminds me of Nurse Ratched.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

stephenthinkpad posted:

UK goons, can you guys explain to me why the conversative party want to choose such a mean looking person to lead the country? Every photo I see of Liz Truss reminds me of Nurse Ratched.

We are a cursed isle of bog people, she is our avatar

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

stephenthinkpad posted:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

stephenthinkpad posted:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
trUSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

dry-rear end trussy