Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Mr. Crow posted:

Imagine setting up a home media server just to keep using whatever poo poo os shipped with your tv and not like using a $20 firestick or chromecast that is universal and not a piece of poo poo.

wolrah posted:

Not the biggest deal in the world for home use by any means, there are enough cheap devices out there that it's not like it's hard to work within the limits, but I like the fact that when I travel if there's a smart TV in my hotel/airbnb it almost always supports Plex

Every single place I've spent the night in the last five years, if it had any way to stream from the internet to a TV it supported Plex directly. No needing to bring and hook up a stick, no battles with hotel captive portals, just download an app if it wasn't already installed and go. You can't deny that's really convenient.

At home I use the LG built in apps out of laziness because they're there, I have multiple TV sticks sitting around unused but that's one more remote to deal with for little benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

I set up Jellyfin yesterday since I hadn't given it a proper shot. Last Plex alternative I tried was Emby, which completely failed the non-technical user challenge. Jellyfin would probably be fine if it was just for me, someone that has been using software built by pirated media nerds since the original xbmc. As soon as the client asked me to enter an IP or server name I had to rule it out as a suitable candidate for my parents and in-laws in their 70s and 80s. In Plex all they have to do is click a link in an auto-generated email and they are able to start watching stuff on my server. 75% of my Plex users aren't technical enough to handle or even care about switching to direct play, so anything that causes even minimal friction on setup is a non starter.

So I setup a Jellyfin server last week to run parallel to Plex, and I'm still pointing all my friends to Plex, but I would argue that setting up a username and password in Jellyfin for a user and giving them a URL is far easier than asking them to sign up and properly set up Plex, especially when 90% of my users don't even pin the right media sources to their sidebar.

With Jellyfin, I can do all the setup/admin work on the backend and just give them that login information and a private url (https://jelly.gayretard.com isn't that hard to enter) and they're good to go. If you don't already own a private domain with reverse proxy forwarding setup through Cloudflare, you're really missing out on half the fun with a self hosted server.

The fact that the Jellyfin app isn't readily available on all the app stores is a bigger problem.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 19, 2022

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I am getting mad with unRAID. The structure of having multiple drives that are individually readable pooled together into one filesystem is great for my use case, but holy hell the file permission situation is a nightmare.

While accessing each individual disk is fine, the pooled FUSE filesystem under /mnt/user completely ignores posix ACLs. The previous release sort of allowed samba to use the ACLs, but that was only because the fuse filesystem was mounted with allow_other but without default_permissions. This has the effect of giving full read/write access to all users and services.

Have any of you tried more or less duplicating unRAID functionality with snapraid and/or mergerFS?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

namlosh posted:

That’s fair, I had looked at doing that when the change happened, but felt like stream would cause me to have to touch it more often. I have bad luck with Linux kernel updates, but maybe I should consider it again.
I remember when I was looking that a new Distro called Rocky was going to take up the space left by CentOS LTS. Did that ever gain traction? Is anyone using it?
Rocky Linux has a foundation and is steadily making progress toward actual commercial viability to take the spot from CentOS once it's completely gone and EOL with no recourse. With that said, professionally I'm moving most of my stuff to Ubuntu given Canonical's been a more reasonable vendor to work with compared to IBM historically and the rest of the enterprise knows Ubuntu better hands down. RHEL is going in the direction of Oracle Linux which is not something attractive to customers pretty sure. Ubuntu has FIPS 140-2 and 140-3 certs and has FedRAMP sign-offs while it'll take another year or two for Rocky I suspect, although they just got FIPS I think I saw.

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

namlosh posted:

That’s fair, I had looked at doing that when the change happened, but felt like stream would cause me to have to touch it more often. I have bad luck with Linux kernel updates, but maybe I should consider it again.
I remember when I was looking that a new Distro called Rocky was going to take up the space left by CentOS LTS. Did that ever gain traction? Is anyone using it?

I use Rocky for my home NAS, which runs a couple of ZFS pools with Samba and Transmission. I initially set it up on CentOS 7 several years ago but decided to switch over instead of moving to 8 when Red Hat changed the release strategy. I tried TrueNAS Core and liked what I saw, but it didn't like something about the melange of old server hardware I'm using and I wanted to get the array fully back up and running instead of troubleshooting.

It's been pretty trouble-free although there was a week or two after 8.6, the most recent major release, when I couldn't upgrade because of some incompatibility with the repo I'm using for SAS adapter drivers. That resolved on its own though and I haven't seen any issues that caused actual impact.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I was using Debian/Ubuntu mostly before I switched to CentOS for this machine. I figured it was more enterprisey and stable (lol). Literally a month after I got everything installed and set up including cockpit, podman, ssl certs, etc; all of that crap went down and I knew I’d be switching at some point lol

Is Ubuntu still pushing snap in a big way? Any recommendations for cockpit-like remote management UIs and container runtimes and such?

Sorry if this is too off-topic. I’ll take it to another thread if it is

Vvvvvvv thx! I’ll try that if I can’t find anything else. I really liked cockpit

namlosh fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 19, 2022

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I don't know the alternatives, but cockpit does run on debian. You have to a little fuckery with conmanctl get the the network configuration stuff working though.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

namlosh posted:

I was using Debian/Ubuntu mostly before I switched to CentOS for this machine. I figured it was more enterprisey and stable (lol).

IMO, just run with the Rocky Linux conversion script before deciding if you want to change everything around to an entirely different OS again. Nothing wrong with it for your use case.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
If you want enterprise there's always the option of getting a developer account and use RHEL.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
Meanwhile RedHat is not patching an OpenSSL 1.0.2 security issue for RHEL 7 that customers of mine want, so just because you pay doesn’t mean they’ll keep supporting you to the level you want either.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Saukkis posted:

If you want enterprise there's always the option of getting a developer account and use RHEL.

I actually did this and put it on some VMs… something I didn’t, but maybe should have realized is that the licenses need to be renewed every year. Doesn’t take too long but it was annoying

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bought some drives to shuck and while I was taking one out all I could think was "this sure is wasteful". Power adapters, not going to need, plastic shells, not going to need, weird proprietary usb cable that I already have like 5 of not going to need. It was $243.09 per 18tb (+tax) so like I felt like I should but it sure does make so much trash. Whelp this extra space should kick the can of switching from synology further. Really should do it, but I'm lazy.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

weird proprietary usb cable that I already have like 5 of not going to need

Technically it's not proprietary, it's just a shitass stupid bodge on the micro-B standard to support USB3 while still allowing an old USB2 micro-B to fit.

I dug my stack of gutted Easystore/Elements out of storage to start wiping drives I pulled out of my server. I think almost all of my WDs are out of warranty so I can probably pitch most of that poo poo finally.

code:
  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices is currently being resilvered.  The pool will
        continue to function, possibly in a degraded state.
action: Wait for the resilver to complete.
  scan: resilver in progress since Mon Jul 18 23:48:29 2022
        106T scanned at 923M/s, 102T issued at 887M/s, 133T total
        35.1T resilvered, 76.84% done, 10:07:27 to go
config:

NAME                                                    STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank                                                    ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-0                                              ONLINE       0     0     0
            replacing-0                                         ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca26cc945e6                            ONLINE       0     0     0
              scsi-SSEAGATE_ST10000NM0096                       ONLINE       0     0     0  (resilvering)
            replacing-1                                         ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca26adfc2ca                            ONLINE       0     0     0
              scsi-SSEAGATE_ST10000NM0096                       ONLINE       0     0     0  (resilvering)
            replacing-2                                         ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca26aecfc6d                            ONLINE       0     0     0
            replacing-3                                         ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca26dc318c7                            ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-1                                              ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca0b0c9ab7f                            ONLINE       0     0     0
              ata-WDC_WD101EMAZ                                 ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca0b0cde652                            ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca0b0d05ee9                            ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-2                                              ONLINE       0     0     0
              scsi-35000cca2543ed620                            ONLINE       0     0     0
            ata-HGST_HUH728080ALE604                            ONLINE       0     0     0
            scsi-SHGST_HUH728080AL4200                          ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-3                                              ONLINE       0     0     0
            wwn-0x5000cca27dc332cf                              ONLINE       0     0     0
            wwn-0x5000cca27dc32b37                              ONLINE       0     0     0
            wwn-0x5000cca27dc32886                              ONLINE       0     0     0
            wwn-0x5000cca27dc32531                              ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-4                                              ONLINE       0     0     0
              ata-TOSHIBA_HDWE150                               ONLINE       0     0     0
              scsi-SHITACHI_HUH72808CLAR8000                    ONLINE       0     0     0  (resilvering)
            ata-TOSHIBA_HDWE150                                 ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
If there was a jail for those who committed war crimes against ZFS, I'd be there.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I have an older PC (i7-8700K)I want to migrate my old older NAS to (i5-2500K) but the i7 is in a mATX case with not a lot of space for drives. Are there are any decent mounts/enclosures/frames I can have my drives in and just run cables into the PC? Or possibly get a HBA with external ports. All SATA3 of course.

Seems like a potential easier/cheaper way than moving the guts of the i7 to a new case (node 804 or some such) and having an extra empty mATX case sitting around (it's a nice phanteks one too)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

An external SAS HBA is probably your best solution. How many drives are you talking about? If it's not a ton and you're also interested in keeping noise levels down, it is possible to repurpose your existing case as a SAS JBOD.

If you're looking at a lot of drives, though, something like a used Netapp DS4243 might actually be cheaper (though much larger and louder).

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Yeah, all my experience with SATA port multipliers suggests that it's supremely cursed technology. SAS has the crucial benefit of actually working with no real fuss. You may have to mess with the controller settings to get true JBOD (that is, just present the disks as-is to the OS), but it should support SATA drives just fine.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

An external SAS HBA is probably your best solution. How many drives are you talking about? If it's not a ton and you're also interested in keeping noise levels down, it is possible to repurpose your existing case as a SAS JBOD.

If you're looking at a lot of drives, though, something like a used Netapp DS4243 might actually be cheaper (though much larger and louder).

Right now it's only 5 3.5" drives, the cache SSDs can fit in the case. The case is a Phanteks Enthoo evolv and only has 2 3.5" spots I believe.

Even if something is an open chassis that I can run the ATX SATA power to along with the minisas HD to quad sata connectors from the HBA would be ok

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Something like this as the enclosure (I have no idea if that's a good choice, but just to illustrate the category), plus some sort of LSI SAS HBA with external ports (the LSI SAS 9300-8e seems to be recommended, but may be overkill - a 9200-8e may be more than enough). And whatever cable is appropriate, of course; SAS cables are their own fun thing. Most likely this will be an SFF-8088 cable or an SFF-8088 to SFF-8644.

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 20, 2022

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Technically it's not proprietary, it's just a shitass stupid bodge on the micro-B standard to support USB3 while still allowing an old USB2 micro-B to fit.

I dug my stack of gutted Easystore/Elements out of storage to start wiping drives I pulled out of my server. I think almost all of my WDs are out of warranty so I can probably pitch most of that poo poo finally.

code:
  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices is currently being resilvered.  The pool will
        continue to function, possibly in a degraded state.
action: Wait for the resilver to complete.
  scan: resilver in progress since Mon Jul 18 23:48:29 2022
        106T scanned at 923M/s, 102T issued at 887M/s, 133T total
        35.1T resilvered, 76.84% done, 10:07:27 to go
config:

NAME                                                    STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank                                                    ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-0                                              ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca26cc945e6                            ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca26adfc2ca                            ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca26aecfc6d                            ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca26dc318c7                            ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-1                                              ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca0b0c9ab7f                            ONLINE       0     0     0
              ata-WDC_WD101EMAZ                                 ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca0b0cde652                            ONLINE       0     0     0
              wwn-0x5000cca0b0d05ee9                            ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-2                                              ONLINE       0     0     0
              scsi-35000cca2543ed620                            ONLINE       0     0     0
            scsi-SHGST_HUH728080AL4200                          ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-3                                              ONLINE       0     0     0
            wwn-0x5000cca27dc332cf                              ONLINE       0     0     0
            wwn-0x5000cca27dc32b37                              ONLINE       0     0     0
            wwn-0x5000cca27dc32886                              ONLINE       0     0     0
            wwn-0x5000cca27dc32531                              ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1-4                                              ONLINE       0     0     0
              ata-TOSHIBA_HDWE150                               ONLINE       0     0     0
              scsi-SHITACHI_HUH72808CLAR8000                    ONLINE       0     0     0  (resilvering)

errors: No known data errors
If there was a jail for those who committed war crimes against ZFS, I'd be there.

You know I thought to myself "maybe this isn't proprietary maybe I should look it up". It doesn't matter though as it isn't a cord anything I have beyond these external harddrives uses. Not that I need more usb cords it's just at least those I'd have a chance of using.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, you're well within DIY range here. You can get an 8088 to 8087 adapter like this one that will slot into your JBOD case. You'll use two SAS-to-SATA fanout cables from it to your drives, and two SAS cables like Computer viking mentioned to go between your external HBA and the JBOD. Assuming you go with an LSI-chipset HBA, as long as it supports IT mode, you'll be able to see and address each drive directly.

If you're feeling fancy you can get a Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB2 to act as power/fan controls, or you can just hardwire the PSU on, or go somewhere in between with a power switch that plugs into the 24 pin.

That Silverstone enclosure looks nice if you're space constrained or want a more polished solution.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

This is incidentally how the file servers at work ... work, except that both the server and the SAS enclosures are 2U units from HP or Dell. LSI adapters in IT mode, server and enclosure full of disks, ZFS.

I have my share of problems at work, but that part of the hardware has so far not been among them - it's strangely painless.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

I'm quite happy with my little 2-drive Synology right now - 6TB pool, with misc stuff and backing up mine and my wife's laptops to it. But I'd like to do an offsite backup of the whole thing. Is iDrive ok? It's suspiciously cheaper per year than Backblaze or Synology's own thing, but it looks like it'll do everything I need. Any reason not to?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh those enclosures are perfect, thanks! Now I know what to search for, I was searching for SATA enclosures and it just gave me all USB-C ones, but SAS makes a lot more sense. I think Supermicro makes those too, but the silverstone one like this: https://www.amazon.ca/SilverStone-Technology-Enclosure-Internal-SST-FS305-12G/dp/B07ZWK1337 would also be great.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Bobstar posted:

I'm quite happy with my little 2-drive Synology right now - 6TB pool, with misc stuff and backing up mine and my wife's laptops to it. But I'd like to do an offsite backup of the whole thing. Is iDrive ok? It's suspiciously cheaper per year than Backblaze or Synology's own thing, but it looks like it'll do everything I need. Any reason not to?

iDrive seems fine. Their standard plan is only 5TB, while backblaze does unlimited storage, so that's most of the cost difference. (OTOH idrive allows multiple computers/devices and backblaze is just one.)

Synology's cloud backup is weird -- the data limit is very low for the price, but file history doesn't count towards that. So you get a bit more than it says on the tin. I could see using it in the case of someone who had a synology NAS and was ok not backing up non-personal data. But if you want to backup your whole NAS to cloud it's very overpriced.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Bobstar posted:

I've had IDrive for a while and have no complaints with it, though admittedly I've never tried to restore more than like one file I accidentally deleted.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

priznat posted:

Oh those enclosures are perfect, thanks! Now I know what to search for, I was searching for SATA enclosures and it just gave me all USB-C ones, but SAS makes a lot more sense. I think Supermicro makes those too, but the silverstone one like this: https://www.amazon.ca/SilverStone-Technology-Enclosure-Internal-SST-FS305-12G/dp/B07ZWK1337 would also be great.

FYI, the one you linked is meant to sit inside 3x 5.25" drive bays in a tower, that's not a standalone enclosure by itself. It's expecting what looks like two SATA power connections and five SATA data connections, so short of doing some fuckery with running cables out the back of your case, I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Computer viking posted:

I have my share of problems at work, but that part of the hardware has so far not been among them - it's strangely painless.

Yup, with the added bonus of SAS 6Gbps gear being both more than fast enough for home (ab)use but also cheap because to the enterprise world it's old and busted.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

FYI, the one you linked is meant to sit inside 3x 5.25" drive bays in a tower, that's not a standalone enclosure by itself. It's expecting what looks like two SATA power connections and five SATA data connections, so short of doing some fuckery with running cables out the back of your case, I don't think that's what you're looking for.

I would be ok to run a couple sata power cables from a PSU and the sata plugs from a miniSAS fan out cable if I have an HBA I can plug into. Can just tuck it onto some shelves, should be fine.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

priznat posted:

Good lord that thing is expensive. I'd go the Node 804 route personally. I use it for my NAS and it's an excellent case!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

This is mild in that firstly, you're using the pooled storage feature as it's intended and secondly, you have yet to post about experiencing data loss on ZFS when you were promised it would fix everything, only for it to turn out that you almost-deliberately set it up in such a way as to guarantee it'd fail fast and fail often.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Klyith posted:

iDrive seems fine. Their standard plan is only 5TB, while backblaze does unlimited storage, so that's most of the cost difference. (OTOH idrive allows multiple computers/devices and backblaze is just one.)

Synology's cloud backup is weird -- the data limit is very low for the price, but file history doesn't count towards that. So you get a bit more than it says on the tin. I could see using it in the case of someone who had a synology NAS and was ok not backing up non-personal data. But if you want to backup your whole NAS to cloud it's very overpriced.

power crystals posted:

I've had IDrive for a while and have no complaints with it, though admittedly I've never tried to restore more than like one file I accidentally deleted.

Cool thanks, I'll give them a shot. I'm under 5TB for now anyway.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

This is mild in that firstly, you're using the pooled storage feature as it's intended and secondly, you have yet to post about experiencing data loss on ZFS when you were promised it would fix everything, only for it to turn out that you almost-deliberately set it up in such a way as to guarantee it'd fail fast and fail often.

I'm honestly surprised it hasn't poo poo the bed on me yet, but I'm not complaining. Anything I can't replace / recreate is backed up multiple places anyway.

When this process is all done I'll at least be mostly on 10TB drives, with just one vdev of 8TB drives.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

IOwnCalculus posted:

code:

Can't help but laugh at SHITACHI (even though my own experience with Hitachi drives has been positive).

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Same because I am a giant child. I had to reload the OS on this box the other day and decided to finally update from Ubuntu 18.04 to 22.04 at the same time. In 18.04 all of my SAS drives would only show up in /dev/disk/by-id/ as scsi-35000<hexstring>, but now they show up as scsi-S<human readable name>.

That one disk is the only one I have that shows HITACHI instead of HGST, so, lmao

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i wish the node 804 had hotswap bays. I know someone with metal skills i wonder if I can snag some hotswap bays and somehow mount them in the case instead.

Korean Boomhauer fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 21, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The node 804 makes the most sense but I just really don’t want to buy another case.. I was hesitant to move the i7 into the i5 case but that’s probably the most sensible option.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
Most of the non-server cases with hot swap-ish externally accessible drive bays have some pretty serious thermal problems such as with the Silverstone DS380. Even the U-NAS case I bought crammed the motherboard and CPU in under 30 mm of height with no fan over it so it's pretty crazy difficult to assemble. The drive bays on those had a rubberized coating on the plastic that turned really grimy over the years as well having little to do with being in a basement or closet.

I'm just going with my Supermicro SC836 and cutting some of the sheet metal to make it basically the same thing as the non-JBOD variant of the SAS expander. Quieting the fan wall and getting the right airflow with ducting across the 16 drives and components is a bit of a challenge but something I have some broken brain desire to do.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
So I put together a truenas set up on a old Dell R210ii, just to play around with truenas and plex. I decided I'm gonna keep it but right now using a WD Green 120G SSD, and 3 1TB 2.5 laptop platter drives. I'm only using this for housing my mp3 collection and using plex to manage and playback of them. I'd like to ditch the green and platter drives and wondering if WD Blue SSDs are fine with running on truenas set up that isn't going to see tons of writes. Not going to be running any VMs or transcoding anything for video playback.

Am I just being too much of a cheapass for not wanting to pay extra for the reds? Looking at the TBWs between the two and it's 600 vs 400, is TBW the right spec to look at?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I don't see how it would be remotely possible to even approach the theoretical write limits of any not-absolute-garbage SSD if your entire workload is just MP3s. Your disk writes are going to be almost zero - logfiles, system updates, and new content.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing, co-worker had me second guessing myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
If we're talking blue vs red HDDs that might make some sense but mp3s are some of the least intensive workloads to put on SSD storage ever.