Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

Looks like most of the Germans I've seen shirtless

Maybe it's because he's fascist

I'm very antifascist and extremely hairy so I'm pretty convinced

I'm German, antifascist and only moderately hairy. What does that mean for me? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

I'm German, antifascist and only moderately hairy. What does that mean for me? :ohdear:

You are a bland of contrasts

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

That checks out.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Time_pants posted:

Jesus loving Christ. I'd never actually seen or heard that section of that speech in its entirety, but just from reading that, I completely get why people were so enthralled with and by JFK. There isn't a speechwriter in politics or the private sector today who could make that pitch to an audience that broad sound that compelling.

The whole speech is a banger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZyRbnpGyzQ

The famous "We choose to go to the moon!" moment is about nine minutes in, and the part I quoted is at 15:09.

His speechwriter, Ted Sorensen, really knew how to use JFK's cadence to make a run-on sentence sound gorgeous. Kennedy's 1963 speech to the UN General Assembly also opens with a long list, and he somehow makes it work.

Nice Tuckpointing! fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 20, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So just trying to follow this conversation, does that mean sasquatches, due to their most luscious and length hair are they the peak of anti-fascists that a being could be?

Is that why people search for them so? Shall their return see finally, finally see fascism death to this world?

That's it for the good of humanity I'm getting a poo poo load of camo clothes and cheep beer and going hiking and going a hiking for a sasquatches in the Appalachian mountain.

Edit: My above speech shall be remembered like that moon one. It will change stuff.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 20, 2022

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dr_rat posted:

So just trying to follow this conversation, does that mean sasquatches, due to their most luscious and length hair are they the peak of anti-fascists that a being could be?

I mean, :gritin:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

:hmmyes:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Sophy Wackles posted:

Heres a good video on co2 emissions of ev vs gasoline powered cars including production of the car and battery. There’s also an interesting chart showing the cleanest type of car by state (ev, plugin, hybrid) and even in west virginia it’s better to buy something other than a gas powered car. He also specifically calls out tesla sports cars and their massive batteries as not being good for the environment compared to other evs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RhtiPefVzM

Didn't mention it earlier, but thanks for this. I see more and more ads for EVs on tv, like it's becoming normalized, and I want to feel encouraged by it while also bracing for the curtain to be drawn back, revealing the proverbial Lil' Lisa Slurry Plant, so it's nice to know the transition is a net positive.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The rare earth metal industry is dangerously geopolitical and dirty as gently caress, so you can still self-flagellate about that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nuts and Gum posted:

I’d argue at this point the reason to get a Tesla (aside from availability, which is better than most others right now) is they’re on version 3+ of every model sold, everyone else is selling 1st gen cars, which always have lots of unforeseen issues.

I suppose the counterpoint is everyone else is actually an auto manufacturer and probably put out better first attempts than Tesla. But from reading/watching lots of reviews even VW hosed up so many basic things in their first attempt the ID.4.
Yeah but that's just VW being VW.

The Ioniq 5 doesn't seem to have any "first gen" problems (because it's not) for example

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

goatface posted:

The rare earth metal industry is dangerously geopolitical and dirty as gently caress, so you can still self-flagellate about that.

this is why we must go into space and occupy Ceres and other dwarf planets, sasa ke?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dwarf planets and rocks make more sense than Mars. Deep gravity wells are for idiots.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

goatface posted:

Dwarf planets and rocks make more sense than Mars. Deep gravity wells are for idiots.

We just need to drag these mineral rich dwarf planets into a stable orbit around the earth and mine them there.

This of course will have no impact on our tides or crops or atmosphere or....

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

ben shapino posted:

the good elon thread is in cspam

the ycs one is really good too

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Zil posted:

We just need to drag these mineral rich dwarf planets into a stable orbit around the earth and mine them there.

This of course will have no impact on our tides or crops or atmosphere or....

I suppose theoretically you could move them into a LaGrange point and keep their orbits fairly stable while you mine them. That shouldn't have much effect on the earth, though I ain't no astrometerologist so I have no clue

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Rebel Blob posted:

Good/Bad News! Telsa has been making their cars worse for stupid reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWtJu0q3sBQ

Everything about this is just so dumb, from the indicator buttons being upside down in a turn (or even accidentally pressing them because it's right next to your thumb), to not being able to blindly hit the horn in an emergency, but worst thing has to be that awkward looking arm position, it just looks so uncomfortable. Long drives with that must be hell on your arms. Or doing a sharp turn and just missing the yoke all together while you move your hands across it because there's nothing to grab (which actually happens in the video).

Aren't steering wheels a solved problem? They work great for what they're supposed to do. I'm genuinely baffled at the thought process behind this. Also lol at the gear shift being a tiny strip on a touch screen. There's a time and a place for touchscreens and capacitive buttons and that's not for things you need to be able to do blindly.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

goatface posted:

I choose to lose myself in baseless optimism. It'll make the inevitable plunge into existential terror all the more thrilling.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I suppose theoretically you could move them into a LaGrange point and keep their orbits fairly stable while you mine them. That shouldn't have much effect on the earth, though I ain't no astrometerologist so I have no clue

Hm, an interesting idea. My counterproposal: botched attempt to spell out the company slogan in the sky drops a Chixculub-sized impactor squarely on Beijing

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don't move the whole rock, that's a waste of delta v. Process the rock in place and fling stuff back at the earth.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

goatface posted:

Don't move the whole rock, that's a waste of delta v. Process the rock in place and fling stuff back at the earth.

Ok Marco Inaros :rolleyes:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Rebel Blob posted:

Good/Bad News! Telsa has been making their cars worse for stupid reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWtJu0q3sBQ

If they really want to let me drive a car like a plane, they'll let me steer with my feet.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

its all nice on rice posted:

If they really want to let me drive a car like a plane, they'll let me steer with my feet.

if they truly wanted to let you drive a car like a plane the steering wheel would be off to the side like the 737 tiller:

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Slotducks posted:

if they truly wanted to let you drive a car like a plane the steering wheel would be off to the side like the 737 tiller:

Or that dumb saab concept that was just a handle on the center console that rotated 180 degrees.

Best shot of it I could quickly find. I think James May got to try one out years ago and it's just as terrible as you'd think

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/BlockbusterPlus/status/1549557534691835910?s=20&t=6R5GOlBxFjC88yuPpz5PYA

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Still thinking about that musk body. Do you guys think it's waxed?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

GABA ghoul posted:

Still thinking about that musk body. Do you guys think it's waxed?

I believe it naturally produces a thick coating of a substance that could be described as such, yes

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

it looks smooth, but it's actually quite rough. like sandpaper.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

Still thinking about that musk body.

it reminded me how his defense of the sex assault charges by the flight attendant (besides the penis pop quiz) was how he only ate nuts and berries on flights. yeah. ok pal!

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

stinch posted:

believing that the world is in desperate need of more people to justify my dad who can't stop trying to get everything that moves pregnant.

Wendigee posted:

touch buttons for turn signals? really?
I've been playing a lot of American Truck Simulator, and I am so good at using the controller shoulder buttons to turn on the blinkers. You'd be impressed!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

PITY BONER posted:

I've been playing a lot of American Truck Simulator, and I am so good at using the controller shoulder buttons to turn on the blinkers. You'd be impressed!

In the future someone will unlock a Vault and everyone in it will be pallid lumpy and stupid annoying

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I can't believe that. There is no shortage of pale flabby libertarians who are annoying on twitter.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

convincing rich women to birth a bunch of bloated annoying babies is class war and i’m all for it

praying for nature to overcome nurture here, but also don’t have to pray too hard because the nurture game of anyone signing up for this has gotta be pretty weak

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

mysterious frankie posted:

it looks smooth, but it's actually quite rough. like sandpaper.

Not it isn't, it's smooth, everyone knows that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They need some better laws about eugenics.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Elon has the same physique and skin tone as ET when he's lying in the river

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

That DICK! posted:

it reminded me how his defense of the sex assault charges by the flight attendant (besides the penis pop quiz) was how he only ate nuts and berries on flights. yeah. ok pal!

Nah it was that he only showed nuts

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

Just remove inheritance

These people will be worthless without it

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

goatface posted:

Right now the only thing they care about is creating more people who have deathly pale skin and a penis. Fortunately they'll all die out after one generation due to there not being a single woman among the lumpenmensh master race.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

The Bloop posted:

Just remove inheritance

These people will be worthless without it

I'd be on board with the libertarian "equal opportunity, not equal results" schtik if they also advocated zero inheritance / wealth transfer to children. 0% taxes during life, 100% tax upon death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

None of these silver-spoon aristocrats need to wait around for the inheritance to get their head start, Elon's dad is demonstrably still alive and grooming. From before they can walk they're getting an inside track with other rich fucks, better schooling, better healthcare, better everything. If you want to abolish the nuclear family and raise all kids in a creche the rich share with the single mother who does their landscaping between her other two jobs, sure, that might track.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 20, 2022