Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

having a really hard time between American Pie and Hotel California

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

The Caillou theme song.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Delete "God Bless America." Make "This Land is Your Land" the new anthem.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

teen witch posted:

Big Yellow Taxi is a goddamn cover and I can’t even enjoy the OG, sorry Joni.

I know but the Vanessa Carlton version is worse, despite the fact that they are both terrible.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
4'33". I hate when I hear snippets of that song.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

All Sublime songs

The surviving members of Sublime!

"Sorry about that music we made! Hindsight's twenty-twenty, huh?"

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

we found love - Rihanna ft Calvin Harris - for about 2 months straight it would play 11 times in an 8 hour shift on the shop floor. Awful just awful.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The one Fallout Boy song that uses the theme from the Munsters as its hook

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I would like to ban Lana del Rey anything unless she shares her drugs and says nothing, nothing whatever, about anything more serious than nail polish.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

StarkRavingMad posted:

The one Fallout Boy song that uses the theme from the Munsters as its hook

Oh man, I love that song :smith: It probably helps that the first time I heard it was like a month and a half ago.

That said, I love "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons too, so...yeah.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I can “handle” imagine dragons because honestly it’s almost campy ridiculous? Also I have this video wedged in my psyche for some time

That shut up and dance with me song can loving take a long walk

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

George Thorogood - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer can gently caress right off. For like 20 years it was played on a local rock station every 30 minutes and I loving hate it now.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i still like the john lee hooker version

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Tarkus posted:

George Thorogood - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer can gently caress right off. For like 20 years it was played on a local rock station every 30 minutes and I loving hate it now.

Oh my god every night at like one am, that song is on a classic radio station I’m somehow listening to. That or Radar Love which isn’t too terrible?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oh man, I love that song :smith: It probably helps that the first time I heard it was like a month and a half ago.

That said, I love "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons too, so...yeah.

Thunder played on the work radio at my previous job, and I haaated it at first. But it eventually grew on me.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Junk posted:

all summer long by kid rock

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

teen witch posted:

I can “handle” imagine dragons because honestly it’s almost campy ridiculous? Also I have this video wedged in my psyche for some time

That shut up and dance with me song can loving take a long walk

Imagine Dragons can go against the wall but I got that song "shut up and dance with me" song stuck in my head while I was in amphetamine psychosis once and would keep branching out lyrically sound unpleasant scenarios for why someone would say "shut up, and dance with me". Stuff like

I grabbed her arm real hard
she said you're hurting me
i closed my eyes and screamed
SHUT UP AND DANCE WITH ME

or

then i locked the door
she said i'd like to leave
i started breathing hard
SHUT UP AND DANCE WITH ME

for like three hours. I did the same thing with Rocky Racoon once while on a shift as a porter at the UPS Hub in Parsippany.

IT FUCKIN' SUCKED

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
Hey there Delilah needs to gently caress off. That song creeps me out any time it plays.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I remember being really mad that Hey There Delilah had been recorded because it made the world a worse place. Why would you make a song like that? It's hosed up.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

America - Tin Man

Oz never did give nothin' to the tin man that he didn't, didn't already have? WTF

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

limp_cheese posted:

That "I'm proud to be an American" song. I thought that song was dead and gone but I learned the hard way it isn't in my personal life and it was a popular song during Trump rallies and speeches.

that song loving blows in every way, i support this choice

Happyimp posted:

Hey there Delilah needs to gently caress off. That song creeps me out any time it plays.

also this

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The reason by hoobastank might as well be hey there delilah for how much it does not rock.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American) by Toby Keith.

But something else would just replace it.

I almost said this instead of my original choice. I find almost all country music terrible but those country 9/11 songs are crimes against humanity.

I read a story just recently about a super popular but old country singer that had to play a show with Toby Kieth and Toby was acting like a prima donna so the guy ripped into him about how he is a soulless piece of poo poo for writing that song and he should be embarrassed/ashamed of himself. Maybe there was line in there about how if the old singer had a time machine and Buddy Holly heard that song they would bothhop back in the time machine to beat the poo poo out of Toby Kieth for being a monster.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The Sound Of Silence should be ACTUAL SILENCE

lets put Simple Kind of Man in there too

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
every breath you take, by the police

gently caress the police

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
If I hear Sweet Home Alabama, my eyes turn black and I start spitting acid.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Taking advantage of tragedy to make millions is probably the most American thing I can think think of, but goddamn could you have written a better song? Definitely "proud to be an American."

Also, replace our anthem with entry of the gladiators. Aside from being political comedy, I dig the second strain and the trio and nobody ever gets that far.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would delete little red corvette so prince would be forced to write a song about a Lincoln towncar

Little Lincoln towncar,
Baby you got some classs

:slick:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

DELETE CASCADE posted:

every breath you take, by the police

gently caress the police

Don’t stand so close to me is a song that I’m floored is still played in stores and publicly.

Like you really don’t hear rock n roll pt2 so often anymore minus loving Joker. Come to think of it, Joker was the first time I heard it in a VERY long time.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

teen witch posted:

Don’t stand so close to me is a song that I’m floored is still played in stores and publicly.

Like you really don’t hear rock n roll pt2 so often anymore minus loving Joker. Come to think of it, Joker was the first time I heard it in a VERY long time.

I think sports teams slowly distanced themselves from the Rock & Roll Part 2, but it did take awhile.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i wanna rock and roll all night
and party every day

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

american woman, actually go away

YeahWhatevah
Oct 28, 2013
American Pie and Hotel California are already covered so the one song I'll add:

Old Time Rock 'n' Roll

I just hear that first piano chord and if I cannot physically stop the soundwaves somehow immediately, I'm pretty sure I'd go into some kind of dissociative state to avoid the trauma.

Why yes, I did work retail at one time, how'd you know?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I love every song posted

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i wanna rock and roll all night
and party everyday

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
gently caress this thread and extra gently caress it for reintroducing Jack & Dianne into my head it's been there ALL DAY holy poo poo is that a bad song.

Like it is so, so bad I hate it. At least "What's Up?" you can avoid, unless you're a huge fan of Sense8. Wtf kind of name is John Cougar Melloncamp like seriously gently caress

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Wtf kind of name is John Cougar Melloncamp like seriously gently caress

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I! wanna rock and roll all night...
and party every-day

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Someone's already mentioned loving Christmas Shoes, so I guess it's already removed and mercifully, no one knows what I'm talking about.

For a spicier one, I've got to say My Heart Will Go On. gently caress that song. I vividly remember how that song was inescapable in 1997 thanks to Titanic. If i never had to hear it again it'd be too soon. Celine Dion is OK, but I despise that loving melodramatic song from beginning to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

DTaeKim posted:

Delete "God Bless America." Make "This Land is Your Land" the new anthem.

The fun thing about that old tune is it IS basically our national anthem, the unedited version that is.

Anyway, I would say Sole Survivor by Blue Oyster Cult.