Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

you should move there

i wish!

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 02:43 on Jul 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
emTme3, swaggering in: everybody wanna be a pedophile, but nobody wanna be a pedophile

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Microplastics posted:

Cant believe they managed to sequester it all into your post

its a simple process really

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
This thread is a land of contrasts in terms of post quality.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Decades posted:

Not necessarily disagreeing, but man just wait til you get a load of literally every other thread

i would rather read a thousand of thorn wishes talon's word turds than a single verbal diarrhea by the mtm3 guy

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Trabisnikof posted:

Outstanding

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Trabisnikof posted:

lol

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

quote:

"all is permitted"

Unless posted:

that quote comes from the popular assassin’s creed series of bideo james

it's a famous line in the brothers karamazov, spoken by Ivan, a western-educated atheist intellectual, as the culmination of his polemic that God and by extension morality don't exist; the individual is the sole decider of right and wrong, so therefore "all is permitted" if the individual deems it so. Ivan concedes the example "even cannibalism" in the novel, but any ultimate taboo would suffice.

so the dude sanctions cannibalism, but his intentions for doing so are ostensibly good: humanity is not at the wheel, in the absence of God they need to be convinced to remove their own shackles by turning away from their doomed mysticism, toward a grounded rationality.

Ivan has a complete meltdown, disassociates and trips balls from a fever, and then the devil swings by and wrecks his poo poo with his own facts and logic. in the end Ivan is forced to reconcile that he crawled too far up his own rear end, blinding himself from the fact that his lofty ideals necessitated he lay siege to the very concept of shared responsibility to one another. that his incessant need to prove how smart he was by deconstructing everything led to him implicitly endorsing barbarity.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

sirtommygunn posted:

holy gently caress i got so angry at "I don't know whats happened recently to make all you meteorologists so fatalistic" i literally loving screamed

you lack the sufficient amount of lol, lmao to read this thread and not explode, I fear

things to try: serious, long term meditation. LSD. touching grass. mushrooms. serious, long term meditation. DMT. touching grass.

God Hole posted:

Ivan has a complete meltdown, disassociates and trips balls from a fever, and then the devil swings by and wrecks his poo poo with his own facts and logic. in the end Ivan is forced to reconcile that he crawled too far up his own rear end, blinding himself from the fact that his lofty ideals necessitated he lay siege to the very concept of shared responsibility to one another.

same here

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 21:54 on Jul 20, 2022

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BastianBrauns/status/1549830535186223105

https://i.imgur.com/iIg09KP.mp4

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cabbages and Kings posted:

you lack the sufficient amount of lol, lmao to read this thread and not explode, I fear

things to try: serious, long term meditation. LSD. touching grass. mushrooms. serious, long term meditation. DMT. touching grass.

same here

if you get that angry, don’t take drugs unsupervised until after you’ve tried everything else

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

God Hole posted:

Ivan has a complete meltdown, disassociates and trips balls from a fever, and then the devil swings by and wrecks his poo poo with his own facts and logic. in the end Ivan is forced to reconcile that he crawled too far up his own rear end, blinding himself from the fact that his lofty ideals necessitated he lay siege to the very concept of shared responsibility to one another. that his incessant need to prove how smart he was by deconstructing everything led to him implicitly endorsing barbarity.
:hmmyes:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

It'll cool down in winter. It's summer! Relax. Have a beer. Can I offer you a nice joint?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Lollin so hard at all this performative hatred in the Biosphere Collapse Thread triggered by overreactive dumbasses who don't read gud. No one defended pedos so we don't have to all make a big deal of performatively disclaiming them. We all know harming kids is bad, that's why we're pissed that we are going to collectively harm all of them forever through climate change.

And lollin at those news dummies.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
having a bit of wildfire here in slovenia, and it owns because its to the soundtrack of regular blasts as unexploded buried ww1 bombs are catching fire lmfao

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Truga posted:

having a bit of wildfire here in slovenia, and it owns because its to the soundtrack of regular blasts as unexploded buried ww1 bombs are catching fire lmfao

lollin irl

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Harold Fjord posted:

Lollin so hard at all this performative hatred in the Biosphere Collapse Thread triggered by overreactive dumbasses who don't read gud. No one defended pedos so we don't have to all make a big deal of performatively disclaiming them. We all know harming kids is bad, that's why we're pissed that we are going to collectively harm all of them forever through climate change.

And lollin at those news dummies.

<flicks hourglass>

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
having hundred year old munitions going off in chains, because we're burning forests that have remained since that great apocalypse... uropia

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Truga posted:

this just goes to show the wisdom of your forebears. why pay to remove explosives when they will blow up in a wildfire

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 22:20 on Jul 20, 2022

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Zodium posted:

<flicks hourglass>

Hello.

This is really dumb, do your think you are counting down to me defending pedos based on discussion of posts that did not defend pedos? very odd behavior for a thread about something else entirely. It's fascinating that this moralization fetishism he talked about is inhabiting this, of all threads

Harold Fjord has issued a correction as of 22:28 on Jul 20, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

mawarannahr posted:

if you get that angry, don’t take drugs unsupervised until after you’ve tried everything else

:sigh: I have TCC brain and just assume anyone embarking on The Joke has a network of weirdos to provide sober drivers and hugs

you are correct. get supervizzzzed

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol ive finally realized what emete3 reminds me of: obama at college trying to get laid and failing

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Getting all the pussy and or dick with my explanations of how we are all going to die.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 22:32 on Jul 20, 2022

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
there is some *serious* cringe in the water

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

shut the gently caress up and stay on the topic of imminent death

i was getting a card for my mom at the store, someone in a group of people next to me said "help me pick out a card for my friend, she's having a baby" lol

i should've pointed to the condolences section

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i will kill to protect suburban values

first they came for Jeff's SUV and I took up arms against the radical left

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

cringe in the water
lmao in the sky

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Rocking myself asleep

the great lakes are safe
the great lakes are safe
the great lakes are safe

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
bro :negative: the cringe in the atmosphere... its too much

Israel 2
Jul 13, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol forever if you think the water of a place called the Rust Belt is gonna save you

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Saw a tweet last week of how the Hoover Dam generators are in trouble if they suck in air due to low water and now one of them exploded lol

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

actionjackson posted:

shut the gently caress up and stay on the topic of imminent death

i was getting a card for my mom at the store, someone in a group of people next to me said "help me pick out a card for my friend, she's having a baby" lol

i should've pointed to the condolences section

Even without climate change, having a kid in 2022 America is just signing up to make your life 10 times harder.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
People thinking the upcoming disappearance of water is going to motivate people to take action but nah bro Americans will think George Soros sucked up all the water to keep it for himself.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Jabronie posted:

Rocking myself asleep

the great lakes are safe
the great lakes are safe
the great lakes are safe

The great lakes are where cars came from

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Truga posted:

I hope the Statue of Melania doesn't burn down in a wildfire

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

skooma512 posted:

Even without climate change, having a kid in 2022 America is just signing up to make your life 10 times harder.

eh, the past few years have shown that the worse things get the more fine everything is

no sweat ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

skooma512 posted:

Getting profiled first 10 minutes out of the womb with calipers and a record of your parents genes and financial history to decide whether you get sent to the coal mines or a prison camp.