Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Everything turin says is an in joke meme and he's still great

comin in with the big chungus 69420 jabba the hutt do it anakin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
K'datha now has a floating island in it on the IE map. I reckon Zanbaijin will be on that and you need the portals to reach it.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Third World Reagan posted:

every so often someone comes into this thread to ask 'who should I watch to learn how to play this game'

and we recommend people

knowing that someone is a meme lord may help someone decide to watch or not watch them

Except that wasn't what was happening.

Dandywalken posted:

Enticity sucks btw. Anyone who refers to mp as "Win farming" is a collosal dork and should join the streamers union

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Since this new campaign starts with Katarina having rescued Ursun, I wonder how they’ll portray the Advisor. It would be fun if they continued his story further with each DLC they add.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

Since this new campaign starts with Katarina having rescued Ursun, I wonder how they’ll portray the Advisor. It would be fun if they continued his story further with each DLC they add.

Game 3 takes place before the other two games so they can’t really do too much with it.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I hope now that Ursun is back he can empower ice bears to be less trash

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Oh, are the giant bears not good? I'm finally getting around to Kislev and I wanted to try one out in Katarin's army

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tiler Kiwi posted:

there's nothing funny about jokes

absolutely this!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Grumio posted:

K'datha now has a floating island in it on the IE map. I reckon Zanbaijin will be on that and you need the portals to reach it.

Did we see K'Datha in one of the trailer vids? I thought that would be a giant floating thing but didn't see it confirmed anywhere.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Oh, are the giant bears not good? I'm finally getting around to Kislev and I wanted to try one out in Katarin's army

They’re alright. Not so great in MP, and even more specifically just Domination MP.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

orangelex44 posted:

They’re alright. Not so great in MP, and even more specifically just Domination MP.

It's been a while since I played, but they could be downright oppressive in landbattles, dependent on the matchup.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Could you tell me what specific book this is from? I look for Warhammer RPG and there's a billion things. I don't necessarily want to play it, but I do set my own RPG campaigns in kind of a hosed Up 17th Century Europe and it might be cool to mine it for monsters and factions and such.

Winds of Magic one of the most recent books.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Do you lose the Khorne weapons whenever you return to any realm, even if they aren't on any of the characters who return? That is, is the only way to keep the chainsword et al to save Khorne for last and take them to the forge of souls?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Something about Azazel's face looks like they're constantly mugging the camera like Jim and I love it

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Have we heard the voice work for him yet?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The unlisted video posted a while ago was officially revealed earlier today, and you can hear some of his unit barks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s69LkNPqZEE

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I see. I'd have hoped it was softer.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

plus ten percent resist to jerking off to your campaign

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I’m sure there will be a mod at some point that switches out a slaneesh lord’s lines for Zinyak from Saints Row 4.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I really, really want to play IE right now. Having to wait for more than a month is going to kill me!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Watching the Azazel Preview makes me feel really good about what Norsca will eventually get. The Warband upgrade system so your Marauders you keep going through those early battles would port over very cleanly, but CA isn't half-assing faction revamps so it'll be changed in some way. One way or another Norsca will eventually get what they need to be a real Campaign layer faction... :allears:

Also love Azazel, they really put a ton of polish into his appearance and animations, and good VA work too.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Tirranek posted:

I’m sure there will be a mod at some point that switches out a slaneesh lord’s lines for Zinyak from Saints Row 4.

I'm pretty sure anything audio related (voice lines, music, etc) is impossible? That or it gets you a stern message from CA because I know you can change music on the Warscape engine (see the Medieval mod for Atilla) but I don't remember any custom lines or tracks in any of the Warhammer games. Maybe a GW copyright thing?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Doomykins posted:

Watching the Azazel Preview makes me feel really good about what Norsca will eventually get. The Warband upgrade system so your Marauders you keep going through those early battles would port over very cleanly, but CA isn't half-assing faction revamps so it'll be changed in some way. One way or another Norsca will eventually get what they need to be a real Campaign layer faction... :allears:

Also love Azazel, they really put a ton of polish into his appearance and animations, and good VA work too.

Yeah they're doing a good job of taking other TW features and sticking them in warhammer. I could see this system with a unit cap being a mod for every faction--elite units require buildings to raise their global unit caps but you have to slowly train up units unless you can get them starting at higher ranks. You could keep it lore friendly with warriors - longbeards or boys - biguns instead of having 1 unit go from scratch to elite. I could see a knife ear spearmen getting so elite he joins the phoenix guard or a dawi warrior grudging his way to a suit of gromril and becoming an ironbreaker.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Randarkman posted:

Have we heard the voice work for him yet?

They should really make a chaos dude who somehow has tim curry's voice from brutal legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1QX2GY7WB8&t=110s

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Arghy posted:

Yeah they're doing a good job of taking other TW features and sticking them in warhammer. I could see this system with a unit cap being a mod for every faction--elite units require buildings to raise their global unit caps but you have to slowly train up units unless you can get them starting at higher ranks. You could keep it lore friendly with warriors - longbeards or boys - biguns instead of having 1 unit go from scratch to elite. I could see a knife ear spearmen getting so elite he joins the phoenix guard or a dawi warrior grudging his way to a suit of gromril and becoming an ironbreaker.

Yeah units like longbeards and biguns have the same chaos style progression lore wise. Dilutes faction mechanics though- idk if i like it

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Yeah, I wouldn't want this type of progression for all factions and units.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Winds of Magic one of the most recent books.

Thanks I'll check it out!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'd definitely like to see it used more widely, I hope mods will do it, I would particularly enjoy seeing the SFO dwarf rune mechanic use that system so you can upgrade units with oathgold to give them runes on their weapons, at the moment it's done through research which is cool but it means all units of that type get the same rune, I would love to be able to upgrade them individually to give them different variants. I guess kind of like the orc scrap mechanic.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?
Has there been any word on when the blood patch is coming out?

I still have not really touched Warhams 3 because I need to see big gouts of guts flying in the air when Skarbrand charges into some poor fuckers, and if I'm gonna be scoring some wins for the Blood God then it feels empty just bowling dudes over like a Marvel film.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I’ve enjoyed the journey of this trilogy so far and will continue to do so, but the mind boggles at the potential of what 5 more years of content, iteration, polish, and bug-fixing can bring. Ugh, just release the beta now, CA.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Has there been any word on when the blood patch is coming out?

I still have not really touched Warhams 3 because I need to see big gouts of guts flying in the air when Skarbrand charges into some poor fuckers, and if I'm gonna be scoring some wins for the Blood God then it feels empty just bowling dudes over like a Marvel film.

According to roadmap, it should be releasing alongside IE/WOC DLC. My guess is it'll be shown off with Valkia.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah units like longbeards and biguns have the same chaos style progression lore wise. Dilutes faction mechanics though- idk if i like it

It doesn't even make sense for longbeards because longbeards are specifically dwarf warriors of at least a certain age. You can be an experienced dwarf warrior without being a longbeard.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

That Azazel LP is actually quite good, probably the best CA has ever made. There's a consistent narrative, solid battle footage, and the writing is just silly enough. They oddly decided to put Azazel's reveal trailer in the middle of it, but whatever it's just marketing.

Regardless, looks like WoC recruitment is going to vary depending on both corruption level AND region. Specifically, the tool tip mentions that dragon ogres can be found in "mountainous areas with high Chaos corruption". On top of that, there appears to be caps on how many can be recruited per turn, similar to the Raise Dead mechanic.

The more I hear about the WoC rework, the more I want to play them right now. This is going to be a difficult month. Definitely looks good, and it's got me thinking about what they're eventually going to piece together for Norsca. :allears:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Kanos posted:

It doesn't even make sense for longbeards because longbeards are specifically dwarf warriors of at least a certain age. You can be an experienced dwarf warrior without being a longbeard.

thats a really silly reason not to do something. I dont know the lore, but I doubt every dwarf warrior is some fresh-faced 20 year old so maybe the ones that are being upgraded are the older ones or something

regardless, itd be cool to have that system in a few other factions where it makes gameplay/lore sense

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

neonchameleon posted:

Do you mean Turin or Enticity (who is far more likely the best player in the world)?

I should have been more specific, because there are a lot of axis to judge this on here, but in terms of raw ability to play across campaigns and MP with minimum cheesing/AI abuse, I think Turin is the best overall. In raw MP and including light to moderate cheesing, Enticity is likely the better player. Some of this might just be a bias in terms of how long Turin has been actively streaming (that i've been aware of) and how good he is at explaining what he is doing/reviewing matches while doing it. It might be better phrased as "Turin is the best player to actively learn from in the world"? Either way, the point stands, watch Turin if you want to learn how to actively play the game without pausing all the time and responding to developing situations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Looking forward to taking a group of Knights errant all the way through to grailyboys

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

thats a really silly reason not to do something. I dont know the lore, but I doubt every dwarf warrior is some fresh-faced 20 year old so maybe the ones that are being upgraded are the older ones or something

regardless, itd be cool to have that system in a few other factions where it makes gameplay/lore sense

Dwarfs generally start serving in the army in their 20s and 30s and you don't become a longbeard until like 120. The dwarfs who get old enough to become longbeards leave the normal warriors and end up in the units you recruit as longbeards.

I actually don't like the idea of them spreading the "upgrade units" thing to every faction because I like the factions to feel really different and unique to play. I'd be really happy with it for factions that have units that are just very minor equipment swaps - like empire spears being upgradable to spears + shields, or dwarf warriors swapping from shields to great weapons - but I think it's okay for big unit upgrade trees to be a chaos warrior thing.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

DaysBefore posted:

I'm pretty sure anything audio related (voice lines, music, etc) is impossible? That or it gets you a stern message from CA because I know you can change music on the Warscape engine (see the Medieval mod for Atilla) but I don't remember any custom lines or tracks in any of the Warhammer games. Maybe a GW copyright thing?

Bringing stuff from other IPs into Warhammer (even 40k stuff) is a huge no-no, yeah.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The unit upgrades system (and instant warband recruitment) is to balance the fact that WoC now can't recruit whatever they want the way normal factions can. It depends on where you are and how corrupted the area is.

So I doubt they're going to give it to anyone else without similar disadvantages to go along with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
For a hypothetical Bretonnian rework I'd expect the knightly upgrades to be more linear and objective centered, based around questing vows rather than copying the Chaos systems wholesale. Having a few mobs of peasants hanging around in the back until they passively soak up enough xp to be promoted to spearmen at arms and being issued pointy sticks would feel really silly.