Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm going to make people do Mathbot for a month straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Unsync steps of faith, wait for the armored dragon to use the skill, then kill it. If you get the skill you're all set, if not exit and repeat.

Main difference is that you can't unsync Stone Vigil by yourself since that boss has its weird canon gimmick.

Been a while but you should be able to fish for a tail screw on that boss and ignore the cannons

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Diabolos does a poo poo ton of damage. It's rough on the healers even if anyone avoids everything avoidable, which they won't

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Main difference is that you can't unsync Stone Vigil by yourself since that boss has its weird canon gimmick.

They did away with the canon mechanic when they reworked it for 6.1

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

DemoneeHo posted:

I've been getting Dun Scaith in the roulette a lot lately, and it always turns into a shitshow. Deathgaze I can understand, but Diabolos will usually cause a wipe too. I think the mechanic that kills most people (besides the little orbs) is when he drops meteors that everyone needs to soak. Often an entire alliance or two will just die. People in chat will say that only tanks should soak the center meteor, but a lot of older guides say the center should be soaked by a lot of players. Is "tanks only in the center" the more reliable strategy?

From what I remember tanks are the only ones who can soak the center without dying and they need (or needed to) use cd's to do it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

instead of unsyncing stuff, you can sync stuff for a 100% learn rate and to have fun with friends and strangers

also, solo-syncing dungeons as BLU, thanks to mighty guard and basic instinct that's a surprisingly viable option

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm going to make people do Mathbot for a month straight

AGONY AND SORROW

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Agreed, there are only a few bosses you can't really handle solo as a BLU. Unfortunately, that includes the one that teaches Tail Screw, but there are alternatives.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

RME posted:

Been a while but you should be able to fish for a tail screw on that boss and ignore the cannons

You can also Level 5 Death it. That's how I handle it whenever someone in my FC needs the spell or if I'm soloing the place for a Zodiac weapon.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Theris posted:

Wrong boss, in the wrong version of Stone Vigil.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

You can also Level 5 Death it. That's how I handle it whenever someone in my FC needs the spell or if I'm soloing the place for a Zodiac weapon.

Makes sense, though it also makes me wonder why I fished for tail screw on it. I’m sure I had some reason, bad or not

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Unsync steps of faith, wait for the armored dragon to use the skill, then kill it. If you get the skill you're all set, if not exit and repeat.

The synched stone vigil route is such a non issue that the past couple days in this thread is the first I've ever heard of people learning it via steps of faith. It seems like an extreme side route to solve a non existent problem

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Theris posted:

They're talking about Stone Vigil (Hard), which has a big turtle boss that has a ton of HP and can turn nearly invulnerable to everything except the cannons in the arena.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Wrong boss, in the wrong version of Stone Vigil.

Ohhh, ok

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Nah you can just use missile for that guy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Just get 3 people and sync a run of vigil hard to that boss and then you're done.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Theris posted:

??? they did not i just did it a month ago

E: Oh nvm

In any case it's clearly not gonna be a big deal so good

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

there's a behemoth helm and heavy behemoth helm available for 30 tomes each. if you trade those with a behemoth pelt (either drops from a fate in pagos or bought for ~1m on the mb) to an npc you can get an all class version of that helm.

be the beast you always wanted to be

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i'm on primal, but i play from europe, and stuff like bozja is kinda dead at this hour and earlier on excal. anyone know if there are other worlds (inside or outside primal) to hop to for those early-hour sessions with a more stacked adventurer list?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Glad to see eScape on the mogtome list.

kliras posted:

i'm on primal, but i play from europe, and stuff like bozja is kinda dead at this hour and earlier on excal. anyone know if there are other worlds (inside or outside primal) to hop to for those early-hour sessions with a more stacked adventurer list?
Bozja is a data center-wide thing so hopping to another Primal server won't help. You can try DC traveling to Aether or Crystal to see if it's any better at this hour but my guess is that you're going to run into similar issues there too.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/ffxivstruggle/status/1549436361299697669?t=vqDY2Vuasg9WSoOZq8wPjQ&s=19

Mood

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The dog up there is the one I still need so yaaaay.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

iPodschun posted:

Glad to see eScape on the mogtome list.

:same: :namazu:

Been wanting it for ages, but I don't want to subject other people to that fight to farm it, and there's no way in hell I'm paying the prices people list it for on my data center's market boards.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'm really enjoying smn since hitting 90, but i got two aesthetic beefs: the sound effect of carby reappearing is too loud, and the initial summon effects are, uh, visually too loud

I've already found /petsize all small so at least demi-bahamut's not in the way, but those two things are still distracting. especially titan's summon attack, sheesh. is there somewhere in the labyrinth of config settings that i can turn down the volume & saturation of just those effects? (totally illegal third party tools acceptable)

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Meanwhile I want /petsize "Extra Large"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Am I wrong to call Ying Yang “the Notorious B.I.G. (Big Icy Giant)”?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I want to turn Bahamut and Phoenix into carbuncles

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ciaphas posted:

LI've already found /petsize all small so at least demi-bahamut's not in the way, but those two things are still distracting. especially titan's summon attack, sheesh. is there somewhere in the labyrinth of config settings that i can turn down the volume & saturation of just those effects? (totally illegal third party tools acceptable)

I think the closest things will be XIVLauncher with EasyEyes/VFXEditor and Sound Filter. I don’t use those specific ones myself, so I don’t know how hard it is to do what you want.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's some tex tool mods to mess with summons if you're on pc and don't mind committing video game crimes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1549766653491412994/photo/1

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How can I relearn summoner at level 79?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Baron Porkface posted:

If you're coming back to the game having not touched Summoner since before Endwalker, just re-slot and reread every skill since summoner got completely remade for the most part. If you just haven't touched summoner in several months, well, summoner at 79 is still almost exactly the same as a lvl 50 summoner. Arguably, summoner's rotation is basically set in stone by lvl 26.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Baron Porkface posted:

You are pressing red/yellow/green until you press blue or orange.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
check your hotbars to make sure everything is slotted then hop in a dungeon and see what happens

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Carbuncle out

Ruin III
-Searing Light

Summon Bahamut
-Enkindle Bahamut oGCD
-Astral Flow/Deathflare oGCD
Ruin III/Astral Impulse 6x or until you run out
-Weave in Energy Drain and 2x Fester on oGCD

... then you summon Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan in whatever order until you've used all 3

Summon Ifrit
Crimson Cyclone (this is a charge attack)
Crimson Strike
Ruby Rite 2x

Summon Garuda
Slipstream
Emerald Rite 4x

Summon Titan
Topaz Rite 4x
-Mountain Buster 4x oGCD

if Phoenix is not up, fill with Ruin IV or Ruin III

then the cycle repeats, but Phoenix is ready instead of Bahamut

Summon Phoenix
-Enkindle oGCD
-Rekindle oGCD
Fountain of Fire 6x or until you run out
- Weave Energy/Fester oGCD again

Then Ifrit/Garuda/Titan again
Fill with Ruin IV or III as needed

then Bahamut, rinse/repeat

This is the bulk of it, you can figure out which order you prefer to use the summons in based on the fights. Ruin IV can be moved around if needed and is especially useful when Ifrit is up in case you need a little more mobility since his two Rites are long casts. It's probably not oPtImAl for raiding, but it'll get the job done.

okay well that's summoner at 90 anyway, but you can work your way back by reading Actions and Traits

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 20, 2022

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Baron Porkface posted:

the way to (re)learn any class is just to hit a dummy for a bit, look what lights up and all
summoner is pretty guided in what youre allowed to do at any moment

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
when live letter

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Countblanc posted:

when live letter

never, game’s canceled

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
not again!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

pretty happy with this

that is the canon WoL there yknow

I asked in here about getting a picture like this done and everyone seemed to think it'd cost hundreds of dollars, but this dude's been churning em out for a few months now. I saw him on Reddit a while back and he finally got to mine. I knew there'd be a big market for this kinda thing if you can draw and you don't mind doing fan OC stuff. The art isn't a PERFECT match but it's close enough to go up on the wall, and I figure it'd be even easier to make it work if you made your own stock Scions image and offered to draw in people's characters.