Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

kiimo posted:

Sounds great if you want to eventually go extinct!

#letowasright

What's so bad about going extinct, you gonna die eventually :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Yeah Messiah is definitely not getting made into a movie. Seriously, I’ll bet next month’s mortgage on it. Villenuve has some stroke, but what Hollywood exec is going to green-light a major film based on that book? This a 2-film series, period. Dune novel “happy ending,” we’re done.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I wouldn't be so confident that they would close out the opportunity to extend monetizing a brand that has been reasonably successful in its new incarnation so far. People who know anything about dune know that the brand expansion prospect becomes more and more questionable the more you adapt, but I think warners guys would let that slide pretty easily given two successful movies and enough coke

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

What's so bad about going extinct, you gonna die eventually :shrug:

Maybe you're going to die, I'm going to live 4000 years with no dick and survive in the form of sandtrout and eventually sentient bacteria

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Lincoln posted:

Yeah Messiah is definitely not getting made into a movie. Seriously, I’ll bet next month’s mortgage on it. Villenuve has some stroke, but what Hollywood exec is going to green-light a major film based on that book? This a 2-film series, period. Dune novel “happy ending,” we’re done.

I don’t see why this is so unlikely. Hollywood is obsessed with antiheroes.

Also, WB will be happy to make if Part 2 does well. Plenty of shittier movies get undeserving brand extensions every year.

Now that WB has lost Nolan, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are looking to Villeneuve to fill a similar role in their arsenal.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Unfortunately after the first book I would think the failson’s works would be the most likely targets for adaptation.

Which sucks because I want a couple God Emperor movies by Denis so bad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lincoln posted:

Anything is possible post-Avengers

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

SixFigureSandwich posted:

what if he isn't dead though

sounds like you've got some work to do :murder:

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Of course you simpletons wouldn't be able to grasp Denis' plans within plans, the carefully crafted narrative culminating in the only logical conclusion:

Bijaz Begins

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

priznat posted:

Unfortunately after the first book I would think the failson’s works would be the most likely targets for adaptation.

Which sucks because I want a couple God Emperor movies by Denis so bad.

Yeah I think assuming movie 2 is successful, it's more likely they boot denis for being a pain in the rear end and continue the brand with eg failson stuff than just do nothing. Get the hollow shell who directs fantastic beasts to do them, boom you got a warners style plan

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dune 9: Paulo's Revenge

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

quote:

This follow-up film will explore the mythic journey of Paul Atreides as he unites with Chani and the Fremen while on a warpath of revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family. Facing a choice between the love of his life and the fate of the known universe, he endeavors to prevent a terrible future only he can foresee.

Uhhh what?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

Yeah I think assuming movie 2 is successful, it's more likely they boot denis for being a pain in the rear end and continue the brand with eg failson stuff than just do nothing. Get the hollow shell who directs fantastic beasts to do them, boom you got a warners style plan

Exactly!

I don’t think Denis would be super keen on doing the whole saga anyway but I could dream.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jewmanji posted:

Uhhh what?

Probably having to marry Irulan maybe?

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Jewmanji posted:

Uhhh what?

Sounds like a Dune Messiah plot point?

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Jewmanji posted:

Uhhh what?

It's just marketing speak for the general public, but the choice to marry Irulan over Chani could be construed in this way.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Jewmanji posted:

Uhhh what?

They already hosed up all the intricately woven plot (by not including any of it), why do you expect it to get better in the sequel?

It's a pretty movie with passable soundtrack and a few well cast actors, nothing more.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

They already hosed up all the intricately woven plot (by not including any of it), why do you expect it to get better in the sequel?

It's a pretty movie with passable soundtrack and a few well cast actors, nothing more.

:rolleyes:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Just skip to God Emperor and have Irulan float in space giving a monologue in which she describes the events in the intervening books

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Mozi posted:

Just skip to God Emperor and have Irulan float in space giving a monologue in which she describes the events in the intervening books

Now that's forward thinking Dune movie needs

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I just want to see three Tleilaxu masters in a trench coat and then I can die happily

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

put trolls on ignore and move on

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Posting on the Shaitan page, blessed be his water, blessed be his coming and going

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

X-posting this from the current events thread:

https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/status/1549163383580069888?s=20&t=wa5FS0WRTbX

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lmao

The baron brought low by his shitposting.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

sebmojo posted:

Posting on the Shaitan page, blessed be his water, blessed be his coming and going

Hail Shaitan, Three 6 Missionaria

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 20, 2022

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

gschmidl posted:

Boeron Harkonnen

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Needs to be more Gurney / Jean Luc crossovers

edit: Dune 1984 should have ended this way instead of makin it rain. Very Newhart Finale.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 20, 2022

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Picard wakes up in his quarters and looks at the pug at the foot of the bed as it lays its head down and goes to sleep.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

skasion posted:

No, it’s in there. Paul has this moment right before he confronts the emperor, or maybe even during their meeting, where he realizes that he’s completely failed to stop the jihad and that even if he lets the emperor’s champion kill him now, it will just happen anyway in the name of his martyrdom. It is missable though, which is why Messiah basically has Paul spell out in monosyllables that he’s objectively worse than Hitler.

Way before that. In one of the first sietches they reach after joining Stilgar, right after the Jamis fight, he realizes the whispers of him being the messiah have grown so strong that nothing short of the death of himself, his mother, and everyone else in the troop will prevent the Jihad.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hail Leto

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

IN MY NAME

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Fuschia tude posted:

Way before that. In one of the first sietches they reach after joining Stilgar, right after the Jamis fight, he realizes the whispers of him being the messiah have grown so strong that nothing short of the death of himself, his mother, and everyone else in the troop will prevent the Jihad.

My terrible purpose.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

I think I've said this before but Chalamet really nailed that 'extremely bad trip' thing in this scene.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

SixFigureSandwich posted:

I just want to see three Tleilaxu masters in a trench coat and then I can die happily

It's wild how you get that and HYPNOBONG in such a short stretch. It feels like the old school equivalent of finding someone's facebook account logged in, where someone snuck into Herbert's typewriter room and just typed a bunch of awesome poo poo and he saw it and was like "Actually I'mma leave that in"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

breaking into Herbert's home to type in my chairdog fanfic

the heebie-gbs
Apr 23, 2007

♫ twerrrmmmmm ♫
       /
:sax:

Mister Speaker posted:

I think I've said this before but Chalamet really nailed that 'extremely bad trip' thing in this scene.

honestly made it incredibly uncomfortable and creepy-crawly (trip-wise), which was precisely "the right pitch" imho

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mulaney Power Move posted:

My terrible purpose.

My terrible poops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sebmojo posted:

My terrible poops