Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Pretty good episode and builds a lot on the first. The contestants definitely managed to raise the energy after I found the first to be a bit low key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Where can you even watch TMNZ S3? I live in the bloody country and I can't find it.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Spiteski posted:

Where can you even watch TMNZ S3? I live in the bloody country and I can't find it.

Allegedly you should be able to go here if you live in NZ, some people have said that using a NZ VPN and changing your system time can also work. I just :filez: because I don't have time for that.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A much more eventful episode this time. Everyone's now got into the swing of things, and the prize task banter was miles ahead of episode 1. The 3.14159265etc task was almost too straightforward, but was save by the ineptitude of certain contestants, which is always fun.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

As someone that tried a VPN for the official site, they seem to have a pretty good blocker on that.

They used to show up on Youtube, but nowadays it looks like they show up on subreddits pretty soon after airing. It's not hard to Google for.

Paladinus posted:

A much more eventful episode this time. Everyone's now got into the swing of things, and the prize task banter was miles ahead of episode 1. The 3.14159265etc task was almost too straightforward, but was save by the ineptitude of certain contestants, which is always fun.

That's the beauty of it. My eye was twitching because nothing in the rules said they couldn't take a picture or write out the numbers from what we were shown. s someone who has a pencil and paper on me at all time, would have just done that. Or in the ten minutes gone and found some.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The World Inferno posted:

That's the beauty of it. My eye was twitching because nothing in the rules said they couldn't take a picture or write out the numbers from what we were shown. s someone who has a pencil and paper on me at all time, would have just done that. Or in the ten minutes gone and found some.

Or just recorded themselves

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

As someone that tried a VPN for the official site, they seem to have a pretty good blocker on that.

Yeah, VPNing ceased working for me this season as well but the panelshow reddit always has it up shortly anyways

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Is this new? I hadn't seen it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuTYiHUCbKQ

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I haven't seen it before

Edit: I can see why it was cut. As I was watching it I was thinking "looks like Aisling is the only semi competent one" but quickly changed my mind. But they didn't really give them the right tools (unless there was a mixer in the garage along with some molds).

itry fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 14, 2022

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I think I noticed Rose Mattafeo’s new zealand fish poster on the door of the shid at one point

e: I made this post before finishing the episode

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 14, 2022

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Really enjoying the new season of NZ, those two complete disasters at the pi task were amazing

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

itry posted:

Or just recorded themselves

I could be wrong but I swear the contestants have their phone taken away before most tasks. Tho people definitely use them on occasion.

At that point just use the phone camera to take photos of the paper and read that off.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Yeah David Correos had to beg for his phone so he could pay to get let out of the caravan.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Revisiting something that's escaped attention, Josh's dramatic exit was fun for all the wrong reasons. It was, let's face it, a garbage attempt at the task. Then under the stern scrutiny of Jeremy, he collapsed further to the point of babbling "if you need drama, kick a woman". Not since James Acaster has there been such an ill-judged attempt to defend a task.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Boxturret posted:

Really enjoying the new season of NZ, those two complete disasters at the pi task were amazing

The last one was :discourse:

I could be wrong but I swear the contestants have their phone taken away before most tasks. Tho people definitely use them on occasion.

Boxturret posted:

Yeah David Correos had to beg for his phone so he could pay to get let out of the caravan.

Ok, that makes sense. Still lame because it wasn't actually written down that they had to memorize it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

itry posted:

Ok, that makes sense. Still lame because it wasn't actually written down that they had to memorize it.

True. My first instinct was similar to Chris's method, but didn't require memorising anything. Just arrange a bunch of random objects into heaps, and then say the number of objects in each heap. I'm sure there are frozen peas or beads in the caravan somewhere.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The simplicity of the Pi task makes me think it might've been a possible tiebreaker task that got elevated. They were pretty strict with the definition of recite too since it was "from memory" so no writing stuff down or w/e.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

The simplicity of the Pi task makes me think it might've been a possible tiebreaker task that got elevated. They were pretty strict with the definition of recite too since it was "from memory" so no writing stuff down or w/e.

I think the fact that they used the word recite was the task. Essentially, I was unaware that recite specifically refers to "from memory" until I looked it up after. I assume that was the entire gimmick, that people that think recite means "to say out loud" are screwed.

Of course, I still would have won, only because in 4th grade we had a pi poster that wrapped around the math room and when I was bored after quizzes and such I would just stare at the walls and try to remember as much as I could.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

For anyone interested in watching Stormester, they uploaded the first season to the official youtube channel (with subtitles).

Edit: Their studio looks pretty claustrophobic.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Holy gently caress that flag task! That was just evil.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Everyone forgetting Jeremy is supposed to be the Taskmaster was funny as hell.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Amazing studio reactions when it showed Josh figuring it all out. Paul Ego was pretty stone-faced, so I laughed hard when Paul Williams listed them all in the same package.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

You guys make a good case for watching the international series, and yet here I am re-watching The Pie Whisperer for the umpteenth time.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXMvSpFN0X8

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I’m fairly certain it’s been talked about in the past but I’m watching Stormester Season 1 for the first time and Julie getting 5 points for giving two zero effort fake sneezes and then lying to a child is making me extremely hesitant to watch more. There is no sanctity to points but having a contestant basically say “Eh don’t feel like trying the task” and then also not being funny seems like a very odd thing to…. Celebrate?

The tea bag “mug” eh whatever. But the sneeze… Also having the assistant just carry one of the exercise balls up the hill…. Not a big fan of Julie!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I’m fairly certain it’s been talked about in the past but I’m watching Stormester Season 1 for the first time and Julie getting 5 points for giving two zero effort fake sneezes and then lying to a child is making me extremely hesitant to watch more. There is no sanctity to points but having a contestant basically say “Eh don’t feel like trying the task” and then also not being funny seems like a very odd thing to…. Celebrate?

The tea bag “mug” eh whatever. But the sneeze… Also having the assistant just carry one of the exercise balls up the hill…. Not a big fan of Julie!

That seems to be her modus operandi. Luckily there's Lina Rafn and the rest of them. The main problem for me is all the reused tasks from main TM.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Found NZ3.3 a bit underwhelming.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Yeah same. Tasks were pretty eh overall and it seemed to have a slight lack of energy.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I do not think this series has been living up to the standard S2 set, but tbh that's an insanely high expectation because S2 was better than anything the OG show has done. I've been having fun regardless.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I have to say that Suurmestari S3 was a lackluster. There really weren't any "fun" contestants, and the Grandmaster was way too lenient on giving "everyone gets 3 points"-treatment. Too many sourpusses and straight men, and there seemed to be an agreement that the guests weren't made fun off, even if they were terrible. The only crazy one actually won, being the off-hinged Madventures guy who isn't shy of being less-than-stellar on camera.

But its also a symptom of Finland having too few actual celebrities, you run out of people with any sense of comedy, and you really cannot embarrass the "visiting celebrities" because then they will turn down the other shows like this because they cannot take the joke of them being bad at the Taskmaster tasks. I have no idea why they wanted to have musicians, serious actors, or other people who absolutely hate being shown being bad at something.

Jaakko Saariluoma (the Taskmaster) really needs to go, he has been hosting these Saturday variety shows for what, 15+ years now and he really has lost the edge of being a proper rear end in a top hat to the quest of the week, because this is the only thing he does anymore. And my guess is that no-one wants to do Saariluoma show if he shows any edge anymore, because the new non-established "celebrities" are petty about their public persona.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 21, 2022

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The dick/deck joke will never not be funny to me.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The flag task was the only task I really enjoyed this week. :sigh:

Taskmaster NZ S2 was just so good, the tasks this season are really lackluster. I am hoping that it picks up some steam in the next few episodes.

Paul Williams continues to be a treasure.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My only gripe with the flag task is that Josh's wrong flag was much more obviously wrong. The US flag is probably the most recognisable flag in the world, and I'm sure if he had the Libyan flag instead, he wouldn't have recognised it, too.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Der Kyhe posted:

I have to say that Suurmestari S3 was a lackluster. There really weren't any "fun" contestants, and the Grandmaster was way too lenient on giving "everyone gets 3 points"-treatment. Too many sourpusses and straight men, and there seemed to be an agreement that the guests weren't made fun off, even if they were terrible. The only crazy one actually won, being the off-hinged Madventures guy who isn't shy of being less-than-stellar on camera.

But its also a symptom of Finland having too few actual celebrities, you run out of people with any sense of comedy, and you really cannot embarrass the "visiting celebrities" because then they will turn down the other shows like this because they cannot take the joke of them being bad at the Taskmaster tasks. I have no idea why they wanted to have musicians, serious actors, or other people who absolutely hate being shown being bad at something.

Jaakko Saariluoma (the Taskmaster) really needs to go, he has been hosting these Saturday variety shows for what, 15+ years now and he really has lost the edge of being a proper rear end in a top hat to the quest of the week, because this is the only thing he does anymore. And my guess is that no-one wants to do Saariluoma show if he shows any edge anymore, because the new non-established "celebrities" are petty about their public persona.

I couldn’t agree with this more. I like Pilvi, but I gave up watching Suurmestari after the second episode this series because the contestants are just too dull and Jakko is extremely annoying.

Considering how many other comedy shows are on tv here I’m surprised they cast musicians and writers instead. Surely there must be more comedians in Finland who’d want to do it.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Paladinus posted:

My only gripe with the flag task is that Josh's wrong flag was much more obviously wrong. The US flag is probably the most recognisable flag in the world, and I'm sure if he had the Libyan flag instead, he wouldn't have recognised it, too.

Honestly all of them were obviously wrong. I know not everyone is good at flags but imo they were all countries with very well known and recognisable flags (and/or a picture that obviously wasn't the right flag)

plus he's the only one who even thought to look at the other cards!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
The real fun of watching Suurmestari is that sometimes the subtitles look like this

Wezzo
Sep 15, 2007
Rated PG
Met Paul Williams after his Edinburgh preview/warm-up in Brighton last night (which was ace) and he was so drat lovely. My wife and I were both wearing T-shirts that referenced his songs and he came over to us after the set and thanked us for coming, and then afterwards he hung back and talked to us for a few minutes, took photos, signed our shirts.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'll never think of Pizza Hut in the same way again.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Has any contestant lowered their stock as badly as Justine currently is? Yeesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I think he uses points.