Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

sure it is, but not in the sense of “leaving an impression that America is a good thing” but more in the sense that trump is loud, fat, and stupid, but also clownishly entertaining and simultaneously low key frightening because of the large amount of real might technically at his beck and call - in other words a perfect living avatar for America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Justus posted:

sure it is, but not in the sense of “leaving an impression that America is a good thing” but more in the sense that trump is loud, fat, and stupid, but also clownishly entertaining and simultaneously low key frightening because of the large amount of real might technically at his beck and call - in other words a perfect living avatar for America.

I definitely think that trump was generally what many countries would think up if they imagined a stereotypical american

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mediaphage posted:

lol I don’t think this is true for most countries even now

edit unless you mean to his base and even then he mostly just said the world thought we were a laughingstock

Legitimately curious whether Europe and their collapsing economy prefers Biden.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mediaphage posted:

I definitely think that trump was generally what many countries would think up if they imagined a stereotypical american

no cowboyhat tho

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Cpt_Obvious posted:

you can't help people who choose to be idiots

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
No I mean that literally Trump was visible

He was the (loud, stupid, extremely presidential) President of the United States

Remember when he shoved his way to the front of that photo op for no reason after having to take a scooter to travel the same distance other heads of state walked? Called Kim Jong Un little rocket man and then met with him? Any million other things?

Biden may be doing things. I wouldn't know. Trump did a better job representing America on the world stage purely by virtue of Biden doing nothing but beg Saudi Arabia for oil to go brrrrr

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Someone summed up the last four US Administrations as such to Tony Blair:

quote:

Recently a leader described to me their despair at trying to work out any consistency to American engagement in the world. Characterising the Bush, Obama, Trump and now Biden administrations, he said: “too much; too little; too weird; too weak”.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

OhFunny posted:

Someone summed up the last four US Administrations as such to Tony Blair:

the real problem is there aren't enough american think tanks

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's good because it's destroying Germany.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/benjaminlowe/st...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...ingawful.com%2F

oh word???????

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

counterpoint: dem voters are an uncountable undifferentiated mass

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vim Fuego posted:

trump was a better president

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

biceps crimes posted:

lol that biden has a lower approval rating than trump did at this point in his presidency

All sorts of people lied to themselves and said that trump was the worst ever and joe will by definition be a better president.

Reality got in the way. Joe might be old, addled, and feeble but I don't believe for a moment that we are seeing a different Joe Biden as president than may have been seen 10, 20, or 30 years ago

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

it looks like they're looking down at biden on the ground

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

the white hand posted:

biden's laying on his back on the ground and you're not helping him, why not?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

tangy yet delightful posted:

You'd think it's political differences, but mostly it's that he soiled himself

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

the white hand posted:

i didn't knew the ATX 80+ plus certification also applies to the american political system

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mediaphage posted:

Yeah probably pretty close. I always liked this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dTG1_x-K8

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Hey, has anything fundamentally changed yet? I was promised that nothing would change.

Imagine running for president with that little ambition.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

"manchin won't let us"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bedpan posted:

All sorts of people lied to themselves and said that trump was the worst ever and joe will by definition be a better president.

Reality got in the way. Joe might be old, addled, and feeble but I don't believe for a moment that we are seeing a different Joe Biden as president than may have been seen 10, 20, or 30 years ago

well, if there was anything good left to destroy he might show a little initiative.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bedpan posted:

I do.

Joe Biden of twenty or thirty years ago would be a bad president, but he would achieve that badness through distinct means.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think the laziness and constant dithering on anything he's responsible for not dictated by cops and banks would still be there

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol "Im not corrupt, I was the poorest senator" and then his crackhead fuckup son getting paid a zillion dollars to advise the government of ukraine

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's good because it's destroying Germany.

Thought they could sneak on by and rule Europe the peaceful way well not on our watch, hans.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Shear Modulus posted:

lol "Im not corrupt, I was the poorest senator" and then his crackhead fuckup son getting paid a zillion dollars to advise the government of ukraine

and look at ukraine now, they got ripped off

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i dunno seems like hunters living his best life

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Shear Modulus posted:

His family owns an island or two next to Epstein's lol

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember how the media used to laff at turmp team infighting and how 7 people in a room would leak the same embarrassing story to maggie haberman

but then they went and did their jobs, apparently. team of rivals

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
😷

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/...ingawful.com%2F

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

im praying for him

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

in the spirit of bipartisanship allow me to say just as I did when Trump finally got it, I hope he fuckin dies.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Finally. Thank God.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

If he does the Superman shirt thing like Trump wanted to I will forgive everything.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shrecknet posted:

If he does the Superman shirt thing like Trump wanted to I will forgive everything.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope this old bitch drops dead Lol

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

In Training posted:

I hope this old bitch drops dead Lol

But then Harris would be president

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:eyepop: seems bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

GlassEye-Boy posted:

But then Harris would be president

on the plus side we’d see her and butterpig both eat it in 2024 on their shared ticket