Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The Bloop posted:

Giving a poo poo which hand my utensils are in

I've seen that with spoons but not forks

Start keeping an eye out for it when you go out in public. It's one of those things you will never unsee after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I've never seen anyone above the age of ten hold a piece of silverware like that unless they were brought up needing to eat as fast as possible to get food before the siblings ate it all in a free for all.

I don't judge that.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Oh. Waiting in really long lines, especially for something stupid, like krispy kreme or the new iphone. gently caress a line.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Speaking of utensils, people who can't wrap their heads around how to use chopsticks

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Driving less than 10 mph over the limit in the left lane.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

people driving a car w/ popups who don't flick them back at me. disrespect. what do you even have that car for

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Guys who pee standing in a public toilet without lifting the seat. It's one of those acts of pure selfishness, right up there with throwing garbage out of a moving car.
Like yeah, I needed to go pretty badly, but I guess I get to wipe some stranger's piss off the toilet seat first.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The trick is peeing on the seat first, then kicking it up so it all falls off

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
people who put their turn signals on while driving on onramps/offramps, like what the gently caress there's only one POSSIBLE DIRECTION you could be going, what are you doing, letting everyone know "hey this road banks to the right!" no loving poo poo it does i'm DRIVING ON IT TOO rear end in a top hat

edit: to clarify i mean this is after there is any possibility of merging or changing lanes

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

The trick is peeing on the seat first, then kicking it up so it all falls off

aaaaAAAAAAAA

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Junk posted:

people who put their turn signals on while driving on onramps/offramps, like what the gently caress there's only one POSSIBLE DIRECTION you could be going, what are you doing, letting everyone know "hey this road banks to the right!" no loving poo poo it does i'm DRIVING ON IT TOO rear end in a top hat

edit: to clarify i mean this is after there is any possibility of merging or changing lanes

It's just good practice? Like they're probably doing it out of habit (I do) and that's a really good loving thing.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
"People signal turns too much" is blowing my mind right now.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Devils Affricate posted:

Speaking of utensils, people who can't wrap their heads around how to use chopsticks

I judge people for insisting on using chopsticks every time they eat anything Asian. It’s takeout bro

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

it makes you look dumb sometimes but i'd rather see an overzealous signaller than someone who signals rarely if at all

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

I'll judge any stupid idiot.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

did you read my post? nobody is turning in this scenario, there is nowhere to even turn in this scenario

"duuuh better drive with my signals on ALL the time, it's just good practice!" - a dumbass piec eof poo poo

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

"OOOOH better signal right, just in case anyone behind me thought i'd be going LEFT for whatever loving reason"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

my car automatically signals any time my wheels step out of center alignment by more than 2 degrees. it's just Good Practice

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they signal and it makes you feel bad for not signaling so you get mad

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
In preschool type daycare at SUNY stony brook, I had to apologize to a janitor because I got in trouble for convincing a littler kid that cool, smart, big kids put the seat down, then the lid down to protect the clean water and peed on top of the lid and the kid peed on the lid & then squealed that I tricked him but I didn't pee on top of the lid, that idiot did, so gently caress you grown-ups.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Junk posted:

"OOOOH better signal right, just in case anyone behind me thought i'd be going LEFT for whatever loving reason"

You say that but I have definitely seen tire marks showing people have taken the left in pretty much identical situations.

Pretty sure unfortunately didn't end well for them obviously, but doing things for "what ever loving reason" is just a thing drivers occasionally do.

I'm all for drivers over signaling their intentions because people sometimes just do weird poo poo that makes no sense. We are not to be trusted behind the wheels of a car.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

kntfkr posted:

In preschool type daycare at SUNY stony brook, I had to apologize to a janitor because I got in trouble for convincing a littler kid that cool, smart, big kids put the seat down, then the lid down to protect the clean water and peed on top of the lid and the kid peed on the lid & then squealed that I tricked him but I didn't pee on top of the lid, that idiot did, so gently caress you grown-ups.

My condolences for having to step on that bleak rear end campus with the Lego hospital

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.
Grown rear end women that unironically refer to themselves as a princess.

Men too I guess?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Jose Oquendo posted:

People who hold their forks like this:

I don't hold stuff like that, but I definitely have to kinda caveman utensils in my left hand because I was born without a tendon, muscle and bone in the general area of the pad of my hand/thumb. My left thumb isn't really fully opposable, and the first knuckle can't even bend. I generally only use a fork with my right hand for everything if I can get away with it, because of a lifetime of people talking poo poo about it to my face because they don't like how I hold stuff.

Junk posted:

the left turn I use to leave my neighborhood (and there's only one way out, cops had it redesigned like that because this is THE CRIME NEIGHBORHOOD of the entire city) has a slight chicane in it for cars going straight. Without fail at least 1 person coming from the other direction signals for a turn and then barrels straight through with their blinker on going 40, every time. I don't understand it, the road in the intersection is like
code:
 |
/
|
There's literally nothing that could possess anyone that isn't a complete loving MORON to put on their left turn signal to drive straight. It is not a confusing intersection.

edit: it's a 2 lane road with right turn lanes on both sides of the intersection and absolutely no way to widen, so there is absolutely no way to just put an arrow on the light.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 21, 2022

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

People who do the Pittsburgh Left.

Actually, it's less the first person doing it and more the 2 other cars behind glued to their bumpers also forcing their way into the intersection to make the turn before oncoming traffic t-bones them

e: to specify, nobody actually does the hand signals in the graphic they just loving floor it into the intersection, so your options are either "go straight as is my right, and hope this idiot doesn't turn into me" or "wait until one of the turning cars decides it's not worth the risk"

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 21, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Actually, it's less the first person doing it and more the 2 other cars behind glued to their bumpers also forcing their way into the intersection to make the turn before oncoming traffic t-bones them

e: to specify, nobody actually does the hand signals in the graphic they just loving floor it into the intersection, so your options are either "go straight as is my right, and hope this idiot doesn't turn into me" or "wait until one of the turning cars decides it's not worth the risk"

lol what the gently caress.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol what the gently caress.

There's 1 intersection on my commute home I'd say this happens probably 3/4 of the time

It's to the point where I'm glad when I'm not first in the line because somebody else has to deal with that poo poo instead of me

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they changed the lights near me so that left turners get arrows at the end of the green cycle instead of before

I'm pretty sure the city just fiddles around with the lights for no reason

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Calling it "maths" is not okay.

It's just math.

Why are the English so bad at English?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

The Butcher posted:

Calling it "maths" is not okay.

It's just math.

Why are the English so bad at English?

math and maths are both abbreviations for mathematics

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Earwicker posted:

math and maths are both abbreviations for mathematics

oh word?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

If you’re on I-595 you don’t want anyone to know your intentions or they’ll block you for spite. I really have to go full rear end in a top hat driving in Miami, but usually all the fucksticks with no lane discipline on Alligator Alley get me prepped.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

dr_rat posted:

You say that but I have definitely seen tire marks showing people have taken the left in pretty much identical situations.

Pretty sure unfortunately didn't end well for them obviously, but doing things for "what ever loving reason" is just a thing drivers occasionally do.

I'm all for drivers over signaling their intentions because people sometimes just do weird poo poo that makes no sense. We are not to be trusted behind the wheels of a car.

taken the left where? into the concrete barrier? it is a single lane that only goes in one direction. you don't put your signals on to indicate your intention to continue following the ONLY loving WAY the road goes

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If someone's gonna drive into a concrete barrier they better signal that poo poo, it's common courtesy

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I'll do this if the jackass in the oncoming lane is sitting there staring at their phone when the light turns green and the people behind them are too timid to honk, but otherwise what the gently caress?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I keep my signal on all the time because I like to go into the street just to do donuts for a while right turn all the time :krad:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Any minor cop job. Security guard. Parking inspector. Ticket inspector.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Any minor cop job. Security guard. Parking inspector. Ticket inspector.

same but also major cop jobs. detectives. captains. chiefs.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Junk posted:

Oh, I thought you meant like solid-white merge lanes, but still, that's kind of an overreaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
Gonna start signaling whatever the person in front of me is signaling, pass it down