Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Floodixor posted:

Not it isn't, it's smooth, everyone knows that

No, you're thinking of sharks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

None of these silver-spoon aristocrats need to wait around for the inheritance to get their head start, Elon's dad is demonstrably still alive and grooming. From before they can walk they're getting an inside track with other rich fucks, better schooling, better healthcare, better everything. If you want to abolish the nuclear family and raise all kids in a creche the rich share with the single mother who does their landscaping between her other two jobs, sure, that might track.

I mean that's true obviously for a literal reading of my comment

Really the best solution is to not let anyone become a billionaire in the first place

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Just make it illegal to have kids, period.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The thing I absolutely love about the whole Elon Musk's dad is selling his sperm story is that, even if you buy into the idea that Elon's business success is genetic, there's a 50% chance those alleged rich ladies who want to buy his sperm are paying for the wrong half of the production line. Like what if the successful genes all came from what's-her-face's menopausic bits?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

The Lone Badger posted:

Just make it illegal to have kids, period.

You only have to remove one word from this post to get the GOPs campaign platform

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Klyith posted:

I'd be on board with the libertarian "equal opportunity, not equal results" schtik if they also advocated zero inheritance / wealth transfer to children. 0% taxes during life, 100% tax upon death.

This just leads to motherfuckers pouring all that accumulated wealth into an I'm not touching you system like a trust fund so that they don't technically have anything to tax on death

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Deptfordx posted:

No, you're thinking of sharks.

likely the smoothest thing ever, you can move your hand in any direction on it and there's no resistance, they're incredibly smooth

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Not as smooth as the lobes of people who are still running that joke to the ground

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Somfin posted:

This just leads to motherfuckers pouring all that accumulated wealth into an I'm not touching you system like a trust fund so that they don't technically have anything to tax on death

The point isn't that it would be unworkable and full of loopholes. So are the ideas of getting rid of all regulation because bad actors will be corrected by the markets, or privatized police/firefighting/roadbuilding, or that all voluntary contracts become the highest enforceable law. These are libertarians, coming up with unworkable social systems is what they do.

The point is that it isn't even part of the proposal, when the wealth of your parents is the most obvious hole in the idea that anyone has "equal opportunity". Unless that just means that everyone had an equal chance to be born rich.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The thing I absolutely love about the whole Elon Musk's dad is selling his sperm story is that, even if you buy into the idea that Elon's business success is genetic, there's a 50% chance those alleged rich ladies who want to buy his sperm are paying for the wrong half of the production line. Like what if the successful genes all came from what's-her-face's menopausic bits?

A strong man's seed always establishes dominance wherever it is, even during meiosis. Somebody with weak sickly sperm like you wouldn't know

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

steinrokkan posted:

Not as smooth as the lobes of people who are still running that joke to the ground

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/1549950701186564097?s=20&t=sb5cFpg14bCKxtV7zBDanw

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

steinrokkan posted:

:mad: it brought me joy but for a moment. I have to take what I can get in a capitalist hellscape.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

body shaming narcissistic billionaires is always right and good, folks

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

'capitalist hellscape' lmao maybe your life would be more joyful if you took a break from packing your head full of all the raggediest Twitter cliches

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Bad Purchase posted:

body shaming narcissistic billionaires is always right and good, folks

I'm not body shaming though, I'm genuinely fascinated and want to know more. I've never seen anything like it. If someone can recommend a good book on the subject I would be very interested

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's just a fat guy sucking in his gut and hunching forward. google images of x-rays of fat people. that's not his ribcage sticking out like that.

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit

Bad Purchase posted:

it's just a fat guy sucking in his gut and hunching forward. google images of x-rays of fat people. that's not his ribcage sticking out like that.

What about the rest of him?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, what about the rest? Where is all his body hair?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a sex pest as accomplished as musk would know to shave their body hair regularly to eliminate forensic evidence

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I figured he is over 50 and he is taking lot of HGH and that's what we are looking at.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

Yeah, what about the rest? Where is all his body hair?

Look, I know inflation's getting rough, but he's still rich enough to afford some Nair.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

a sex pest as accomplished as musk would know to shave their body hair regularly to eliminate forensic evidence

Oh, some GATTACA poo poo

Once again a dystopian story sounds better than reality

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

actually i was thinking of a law and order episode

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
FATTACA

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

:hmmyes:

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Maybe that's just the default body type for people who say dumb things on the internet.

For example:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:tesla:

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
The Musks remind me of that family of axolotls from Bojack Horseman. Everything revolves around and comes back to jizzing.

JuiceOne
Sep 5, 2007

Someone had said he looked like a Liefeld drawing so I whipped this up.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

GABA ghoul posted:

I'm not body shaming though, I'm genuinely fascinated and want to know more. I've never seen anything like it. If someone can recommend a good book on the subject I would be very interested

Probably caused by a lot of expensive wine, elaborate charcuterie boards, and copious amounts of HGH. He's got a royal's body.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

Once again a dystopian story sounds better than reality

That's because "bad" dystopias in the media are often portrayed as leftwing due to a lot of people in real life thinking a rightwing dystopia run by perfect aryan men who enslave and exterminate anyone who's not a perfect aryan man while enforcing christian values on everyone would be a "good" thing.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Extra Large Marge posted:

Probably caused by a lot of expensive wine, elaborate charcuterie boards, and copious amounts of HGH. He's got a royal's body.

Got that fatty liver bloat

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Stex T posted:

Maybe that's just the default body type for people who say dumb things on the internet.

For example:

I mean Alex Jones is fat, but he has some muscle tone and color, he doesn't look like a particularly lumpy dead blobfish

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

That's because "bad" dystopias in the media are often portrayed as leftwing due to a lot of people in real life thinking a rightwing dystopia run by perfect aryan men who enslave and exterminate anyone who's not a perfect aryan man while enforcing christian values on everyone would be a "good" thing.

This is... Not the case with GATTACA, a movie named after all elite private corporation

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you think Musk has the upper body strength to pull himself up a spiral stair case?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

This is... Not the case with GATTACA, a movie named after all elite private corporation

I thought it was named after the 4 base nucleic acids of DNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

I'm of the opinion that a dystopia doesn't count as rightwing unless it also discriminates based on race, gender, and religion.