Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yuki Arai is going to the US on an excursion of sorts.

quote:

Yuki Arai (24) of the idol group "SKE48", who is active in Tokyo Women's Pro Wrestling. She was eliminated in the second round of the "Tokyo Princess Cup," a singles tournament she was aiming to win. She was so frustrated that she cried after losing in the second round of the "Tokyo Princess Cup," a singles tournament she had entered with the aim of winning. In response to Arai's request for a "warrior training" program to turn things around, the organization has decided to send her to AEW in the U.S. and other overseas organizations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I mean, this is just sending Yuki Arai for her secret training with Emi Sakura, right?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Or maybe Serena Deeb.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Someone doesn't know the Maki Itoh deep lore.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
SKE48 must not be busy at the moment. Honestly I'm impressed with her level of commitment to wrestling while being an actual idol. Compare her commitment to Juria who is only working short matches at big TJPW shows.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

SKE48 must not be busy at the moment. Honestly I'm impressed with her level of commitment to wrestling while being an actual idol. Compare her commitment to Juria who is only working short matches at big TJPW shows.

Wonder why a nurse might be busy right now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Turns out Yuki Arai is the thing that will make me watch Dark :getin:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Honestly a little amazed that they're already sending Yuki Arai over to America, not because she's new but for the same reason I'd be amazed if they gave her a stint in NEO Biishiki-gun (namely that she's a huge local meet-and-greet/merch mover). I can't blame them at all for wanting to see if they can give her a fraction of Maki Itoh's overseas buzz on top of how much she draws domestically, though.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/ItsDanaNow/status/1549213300327677953?s=20&t=v89v4g2AdzjbTKxdfxfxeg

Think its worth posting this caveat to this from someone not relying on the machine translation of this

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Looking at the article, tbh it does read like TJPW/CyberAgent is interested in sending her over. It's not "she's on her way," but it's not "she wants to go overseas, and on an unrelated note, TJPW sends wrestlers overseas sometimes" either.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jul 19, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Johnny Landmine posted:

Looking at the article, tbh it does read like TJPW/CyberAgent is interested in sending her over. It's not "she's on her way," but it's not "she wants to go overseas, and on an unrelated note, TJPW sends wrestlers overseas sometimes" either.

Tony give the people, by which I mean me specifically, what they want

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Future mayor Kamiyu?

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1549327373757186048

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/JerseyCW/status/1549788227560775680

Jungle Kyona is back!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

🇸🇳

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1550148128447291393

we live in a world where Joshi wrestlers appear on CBS crime procedurals

cannot say I'd have ever predicted that

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1550148128447291393

we live in a world where Joshi wrestlers appear on CBS crime procedurals

cannot say I'd have ever predicted that

that happened years ago, i remember when it was new like 90% of the responses were "oh no who gave Shoko a gun"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

that happened years ago, i remember when it was new like 90% of the responses were "oh no who gave Shoko a gun"

I somehow totally missed it and only found out because of that thread of Miyu's matches as a primer for AEW fans who might not have known her.

loving amazing.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

"oh no who gave Shoko a gun"

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Shoko should always have a gun.

Also I'm pretty sure that appearance is what got her into doing stunt work training, which is how Kaya Toribami met her.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Better Shoko with a gun than someone like Pom. :v:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Give Chie Two Guns

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
It's alive! It's aliiiiiiiiiiive!

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1549998914052296704

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This is the same factory where they made Mecha Mummy

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1550345317903609858?s=21&t=4rvQ6KoPMjc_YbA-9GmpgQ

Mizuki has dropped out of the Tokyo Princess Cup due to a fever. Shoko Nakajima automatically advances to face Miu Watanabe.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Yikes, that sucks. Lately, BA.5 has been tearing through Tokyo like crazy; 30,000 people yesterday alone tested positive. I hope she doesn't have it, and if she does, I hope she recovers fast.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/ArmaniShoe/status/1550686418737004547?t=6yZegJRIb9FjwZkZmC5B0A&s=19

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Kidani says Stardom’s sales have increased 5.5x the level they were at when Bushiroad bought the company.
They used to bring in roughly $200k a month, and March alone this year brought in over $1.2 million.
Eventually he expects them to equal New Japan.
Kidani says Stardom’s income is roughly:

40% Ticket Sales
30% Merch
30% Split between PPVs, Fan Club, Stardom World, and other Broadcasts

═══════════════
March had 2 day PPV and 2 red belt matches, and only issue for me was, Syuri vs Mayu didn't had that big match build upthat it deserved (felt more like side attraction ), and took backseat to Gulia and DDM storyline. Also match quality decreases, because you can't have 40+ minute bangers 2 nights in row, that would be really rough on the body.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Mysterious Shinigami revealed, it was Yuu all along Austin

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Showcase was fun. It's gonna suffer greatly when it's chopped up on Stardom World but it was a cool experience to watch live with the DJ and stuff. The entire presentation and flow was so different from a normal Stardom event. I'm glad they're doing these.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

I ask this because I haven't been subbed to Stardom World in ages, but are they still not putting up full shows? You'd think with all the money they're pulling down they could afford it.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1550783126347034624

Koguma botching and faceplanting with Mayu losing it on commentary is a superior result than everything going off perfectly there and now one can convince me otherwise.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Auritech posted:

I ask this because I haven't been subbed to Stardom World in ages, but are they still not putting up full shows? You'd think with all the money they're pulling down they could afford it.

They can't put this show up with cutting out all the licensed music. They had a DJ and she was playing licensed music during each promo package into each entrance and after the match. This was a unique situation.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Stall_19 posted:

They can't put this show up with cutting out all the licensed music. They had a DJ and she was playing licensed music during each promo package into each entrance and after the match. This was a unique situation.

Ahh, gotcha.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1550803821596909568

Oh no, have they let Session Moth Martina back into the country?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Major showcase spoilers:

Yuu is the first reaper. They have a second one though, with Rossy being shocked who it is, exclaiming he's shocked she is returning to Stardom and then claims he doesn't know what is going to become of the company. People are speculating it could be anyone from Io Shirai to Big Hash.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Rossy wouldn't have that reaction to Io Shirai

But he would to Tessa Blanchard :v:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Auritech posted:

So they are apparently contractually banned from uploading the full PPVs; initially they also cut the video packages but they've put them up now (other than Showcase which is different)

For a period they were putting the Stardom World-only shows up as both individual matches and whole show files but they've stopped that now: apparently because Stardom World is still handled by one person who doesn't have the time to do that extra step regularly. Seems stupid but big companies tend to be stupid after aquiring a smaller one.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

IceAgeComing posted:

So they are apparently contractually banned from uploading the full PPVs; initially they also cut the video packages but they've put them up now (other than Showcase which is different)

For a period they were putting the Stardom World-only shows up as both individual matches and whole show files but they've stopped that now: apparently because Stardom World is still handled by one person who doesn't have the time to do that extra step regularly. Seems stupid but big companies tend to be stupid after aquiring a smaller one.

This is especially hilarious on the same day someone pointed out that Stardom has exceeded the 5 year plan by 2 & a half years as far as revenue growth goes. Cheap bastards.

Honestly, have it be Hash, have Team 200kg run roughshod over Stardom. Feel like we're at diminishing returns point with FWC anyway, there's been a couple flat defences lately, put it on those 2 big lassies & just have them murder everyone for my enjoyment.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Post 'em if ya got 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh my god Summer Sun Princess '22 is such a fun show. This might be the first time I've seen Aniki in front of a proper, vocal crowd. Sheer delight.