Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Wtf kind of name is John Cougar Melloncamp like seriously gently caress

He actually hated that name. The record company forced the "Cougar" thing on him.

e: he's still responsible for Jack & Diane though so gently caress him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oh man, I love that song :smith: It probably helps that the first time I heard it was like a month and a half ago.

That said, I love "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons too, so...yeah.

well I guess you're just going to have to imagine thunder by imagine dragons because it's gone now :colbert:

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
age of aquarius

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
There still isn't enough hate ITT for Ballroom Blitz.

It's just a dogshit song, absolutely nerve-grating from the downbeat and never even tries to get better. People who like to choose this song during Guitar Hero are gormless monsters; I will literally leave a party if someone puts it in the karaoke rotation.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

For a spicier one, I've got to say My Heart Will Go On. gently caress that song. I vividly remember how that song was inescapable in 1997 thanks to Titanic. If i never had to hear it again it'd be too soon. Celine Dion is OK, but I despise that loving melodramatic song from beginning to end.

I can forgive its existence because the Matt Mulholland version makes for great shitposting.

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

Mister Speaker posted:

There still isn't enough hate ITT for Ballroom Blitz.

It's just a dogshit song, absolutely nerve-grating from the downbeat and never even tries to get better. People who like to choose this song during Guitar Hero are gormless monsters; I will literally leave a party if someone puts it in the karaoke rotation.

:hai:

Is there a thread for really good songs to drown out all the awful ones now playing simultaneously on my brain radio?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Flora Finching posted:

:hai:

Is there a thread for really good songs to drown out all the awful ones now playing simultaneously on my brain radio?

You’re in it

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
I really hate Kid Rock's All Summer Long because I always think it's Werewovles of London when the piano riff hits and then I depressed and ANGRY.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Surprised nobody’s mentioned any James Blunt songs. You’re Beautiful and Goodbye My Lover need to be moved to Concern.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like Jack & Diane

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I like Jack & Diane

The older I get, the more I appreciate that chorus.

Aaaaaanyway. America’s national anthem is Symphony of Destruction you’re welcome.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Suckin' on chilli dog

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Wilkins Micawber posted:

gently caress this thread and extra gently caress it for reintroducing Jack & Dianne into my head it's been there ALL DAY holy poo poo is that a bad song.

Like it is so, so bad I hate it. At least "What's Up?" you can avoid, unless you're a huge fan of Sense8. Wtf kind of name is John Cougar Melloncamp like seriously gently caress

I won't defend his music but as a person Mellencamp is a pretty great dude. When I was at Walter Reed recovering from getting shot in Iraq he came and did a concert for the vets. My mom was a huge fan so I ended up meeting him. I said hi and we talked for a little bit when he asked me if I was excited for the concert. I told him no, I honestly don't like your music. He just laughed and said "Hey, don't worry about. Its not for everyone and I appreciate your honesty" before telling me the usual "Thank you for your sacrafice" and moved on after signing a few things for my mom.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

can we just get rid of ed sheeran all together?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Surprised nobody’s mentioned any James Blunt songs. You’re Beautiful and Goodbye My Lover need to be moved to Concern.

That's why I specifically tried to name a song that I still hear. I haven't heard "You're Beautiful" in ages, thank god.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mr brightside

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

Suckin' on chilli dog

that's also from a diss track that doobie put out about a star war betamax

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Don't get rid of James Blunt's You're Beautiful because the way James Blunt trolls by threatening to release new music owns and without that song it never would be

https://twitter.com/JamesBlunt/status/1487364023003844610

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

12 Days of Christmas and it's not even close.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Bad Purchase posted:

mr brightside

I see you Mr Brightside and raise you Sex On Fire. At least The Killers ‘Is This It?’ amounts to something musically, KoL have nothing to recommend them.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

looked up "sex on fire" just now and i have never heard this played anywhere. maybe i'm just out of touch?

anyway, i agree that this is bland and terrible in a way that not even mr brightside achieves, but it's not just the badness of the song that matters. how prolific it is matters too, since total human misery inflicted would be the product of badness and number of victims forced to listen to it.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Rollos posted:

I really hate Kid Rock's All Summer Long because I always think it's Werewovles of London when the piano riff hits and then I depressed and ANGRY.

I hope the ghosts of Warren Zevon and Ronnie Van Zant haunt that talentless gently caress.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I'm going to be altruistic and go for We like To Party by Venga Boys, just for the victims who had to work at the Six Flags amusement park gates and be subjected to Guantanamo Bay levels of non stop audio torture.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 22, 2022

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

https://i.imgur.com/rD90f5z.mp4

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 22, 2022

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

is that ade edmondson?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Time_pants posted:

12 Days of Christmas and it's not even close.

Oh gently caress, this is a good one. Like, I'm the lone goon that can tolerate most Christmas music (in December only), but holy gently caress do I hate that loving song. Destroy every version and copy of it post haste, especially The Muppets version where Miss Piggy does that drawn out "FIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVE... GOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLD... RIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGS" :suicide:

Also, that dumbass Straight No Chaser version of it where they start singing "Africa" by Toto for some reason :fuckoff:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Szyznyk posted:

I hope the ghosts of Warren Zevon and Ronnie Van Zant haunt that talentless gently caress.

Eh, I love Zevon's work but you do have to concede that Werewolves of London has a very similar chord progression to Sweet Home Alabama, so there's at least an iota of poetic irony that the redneck fuckwit is reclaiming it.

Play it All Night Long is still a hilarious diss track though and is just as applicable to Kid Rock as it was to Skynyrd.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
get in that memory hole, motherfuckin' Macarena

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
this whole thread should really just be back to back emptyquotes of my post on page 1. drat disappointed in you all

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The song that never ends

We can finally be free

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
I've always remembered this quote, about The Joker:

"The whistle sound made with the guitar after the line 'Some people call me Maurice' has to be a Manchurian Candidate-like trigger for me to kill because of how angry it makes me."

Rollos posted:

And yet ultimately it has to be this. I mean, yeah, in some ways it's just one loving awful song in an ocean of such, but the fact that it always makes you think that you're about to hear something good before Kid "Lucy" Rock pulls away the football that is hope and you realise you're in for four minutes of Chinese water torture mixed with that thing the Inquisition used to split people open at the anus instead is really what puts it over the top in our competition here.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Speaking of Warren Zevon, how about we get rid of Werewolves of London?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Gologle posted:

Speaking of Warren Zevon, how about we get rid of Werewolves of London?

If it gets one of his other songs in the classic rock rotation.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

This one, but you will never succeed in removing it.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=0U2zJOryHKQ

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

super sweet best pal posted:

I can forgive its existence because the Matt Mulholland version makes for great shitposting.

I can't forgive its existence but this version gets a pass because it's hilarious.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 23, 2022

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Kryptonite by 3 doors down was played so much when it came out I grew to really despise it.

I will give Hey There Delilah a pass as I remember someone changing the lyrics on these forums and I giggle when I think about it:

Hey there Delilah
I took a poo poo inside the bathtub
There's poo poo all over the bathtub
Windex, bleach and scrubbing bubbles if you please

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it's been

ONE WEEK

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Wrong thread lol

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

limp_cheese posted:

I won't defend his music but as a person Mellencamp is a pretty great dude. When I was at Walter Reed recovering from getting shot in Iraq he came and did a concert for the vets. My mom was a huge fan so I ended up meeting him. I said hi and we talked for a little bit when he asked me if I was excited for the concert. I told him no, I honestly don't like your music. He just laughed and said "Hey, don't worry about. Its not for everyone and I appreciate your honesty" before telling me the usual "Thank you for your sacrafice" and moved on after signing a few things for my mom.

I cooked at an arena and John was one of the few stars to come down and thank us and chat with us. I'll second that I'm not big into his music, but he's a good dude.

The other stars were Dave Grohl and some of the System of a Down guys. Both were great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I vote for "Westminster Quarters", if only to see how the industry reacts.