Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Instagram?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Lumpy posted:

Double post with unrelated thing!

My dad takes lots and lots of photos (and they are quite good!) and wants what effectively is a gallery site. I am 100% not falling into the trap of making him something, so does anyone know of good portfolio-centric off the shelf things? I'd think about hosting something for him if I could just install it and let it run, but cheap and 80+ year old man simple things would be cool too, despite the fact that he'd balk at actually paying for something :v:

How about Flickr?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

prom candy posted:

I have a grid or flex box question that I'm not sure is possible to solve. I have two columns side by side that will each have a dynamic amount of content in them. If both columns are full I'd like them to fall into a 60/40 split. However if one column needs more space and the other doesn't I'd like to let them grow beyond 60/40. For example if the second column has a lot of stuff in it and the first very little I'd like it to grow to 20/80. Or, in the opposite scenario I'd like it to grow to 80/20 (or 90/10 or whatever the content calls for).

Is this possible?

should be possible with a combination of flex-grow, flex-shrink and flex-basis to set the initial size

Violator
May 15, 2003

Lumpy posted:

My dad takes lots and lots of photos (and they are quite good!) and wants what effectively is a gallery site. I am 100% not falling into the trap of making him something, so does anyone know of good portfolio-centric off the shelf things? I'd think about hosting something for him if I could just install it and let it run, but cheap and 80+ year old man simple things would be cool too, despite the fact that he'd balk at actually paying for something :v:

If you want something you setup and never have to worry about, you may consider a photo specific service like SmugMug. It's $9 a month but it's fool proof, has all of the latest features, and you'll never have to worry about tech support.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

SmugMug is really nice, we use it where I work

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

blunt posted:

should be possible with a combination of flex-grow, flex-shrink and flex-basis to set the initial size

I sort of had this working with flex-grow except for the word wrapping issue I added to my edit. There's no way that I can see to say like "don't word wrap until you hit your max size" so the other column just happily eats all the space while the column with text in it wraps until there's one word per line. I need a white space option between "nowrap" and "gently caress yeah let's wrap this poo poo"

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

"... call the expert at kissing and stuff..."
Try min-content and fit-content values?

Sergeant Rock fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 21, 2022

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Sergeant Rock posted:

Try min-content and fit-content values?

Never heard of that, I'll check that out!

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Lumpy posted:

Double post with unrelated thing!

There are any number of free off the shelf websites he could use. As mentioned, Instagram was the first that popped in my head. Google photos. Imgur, photobucket, 500px, adobe, and a nearly endless supply of alternatives.

If you want to host his media and deliver it yourself you’re going to run into $$$ issues very quickly. Yeah you can find some open source gallery software. There are a million carousel packages out there.

If you’re not paying for the product, you are the product.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Instagram seems like a really bad choice no? All the photos would be compressed and resized to hell, no bulk upload option, no organization options, lose all metadata.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly wix and square space do gallery sites stupidly well

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

worms butthole guy posted:

Honestly wix and square space do gallery sites stupidly well

:yeah:

Sleepy Robot
Mar 24, 2006
instant constitutional scholar, just add astonomist
Which library should I be looking at for using Google Maps API with React?

https://github.com/tomchentw/react-google-maps
This one seems to be highly recommended but apparently hasn't been maintained for several years. Is that going to be an issue?

Sleepy Robot fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 1, 2022

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I like react mapbox gl and used it for a project last year

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Sleepy Robot posted:

Which library should I be looking at for using Google Maps API with React?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3554791&goto=lastpost
This one seems to be highly recommended but apparently hasn't been maintained for several years. Is that going to be an issue?

I will also recommend mapbox gl, it may depend on what you need to do though. I haven't looked at what mapbox offers for geocoding addresses, for example. For maps and visualizations on top of them it's been great though

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Verisimilidude posted:

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a role in software engineering/frontend development!

I have around 3 years of professional experience as a software engineer where I focused almost exclusively on frontend development. I have worked primarily in the fintech field, but I am looking to break away from that.

My skillset revolves around JavaScript, React, Redux and other technologies. I'm comfortable learning on the job and have done so with large frameworks (React-Native) and languages (TypeScript) in a professional environment.

I would like to work for a larger, established company, but it is not a requirement.

Remote is preferable, but a hybrid position within a reasonable distance could work as well. I am located in Northern New Jersey, approximately 30 minutes commute from NYC.

Full benefits are necessary, as is a competitive salary.

I have a personal website which has a copy of my resume attached, as well as a list of my accomplishments and links to projects. You can feel free to reach me via the Contact Me button on my site, by DMing me here, or by reaching out to my email address located on my resume.

x-posting this. If anyone has any leads for web dev/frontend/software engineering positions please let me know!

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Verisimilidude posted:

x-posting this. If anyone has any leads for web dev/frontend/software engineering positions please let me know!

FYI this resume is hard to see your work experience at a glance. Its a format I expect from people who havent worked in this industry and thus have no job history. You do and should change formats to a more typical one.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I'm completely new to web design and development so please excuse my very basic questions but I am interesting in creating a one page website that includes a calendar that gets populated based on the inputs the user enters. For example, imagine a page where someone who wants to follow a 12 week weight lifting program can input their weight, lifting goals, and end date of program and then the page will show a calendar with all the customized details.

I'm not sure where to begin and I feel that creating something like this would require hiring someone. Not sure how much this will cost but if I get everything ready before hand such as purchasing the domain, designing the overall template of the website with WordPress / Squarespace, along with designing the logo, can the end calendar product be directly inputted into the website? What type of programming language would be best suited for something like this?

Also, if I go the route of hiring someone, can any visitor to the website and view the source and extract how the calendar is designed?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Busy Bee posted:

I'm completely new to web design and development so please excuse my very basic questions but I am interesting in creating a one page website that includes a calendar that gets populated based on the inputs the user enters. For example, imagine a page where someone who wants to follow a 12 week weight lifting program can input their weight, lifting goals, and end date of program and then the page will show a calendar with all the customized details.

I'm not sure where to begin and I feel that creating something like this would require hiring someone. Not sure how much this will cost but if I get everything ready before hand such as purchasing the domain, designing the overall template of the website with WordPress / Squarespace, along with designing the logo, can the end calendar product be directly inputted into the website? What type of programming language would be best suited for something like this?

Also, if I go the route of hiring someone, can any visitor to the website and view the source and extract how the calendar is designed?

Yes you can embed things in websites. There are many way to accomplish what you describe.

Can I suggest maybe thinking on how you could make a rough-looking "no code" version of this thing you want?

For example glide apps lets you make a web based app with no code:
https://www.glideapps.com/

All the stuff on the website is specified on a google sheet.

So you can make an input that makes a row in a google sheet, and then populates a caledar with it and it just so happens glide has multiple calendar templates:
https://www.glideapps.com/templates/team-leave-calendar-sf

You can make both websites and :airquote:mobile apps:airquote: with this with just one template. I use :airquote: because theyre actually things called progressive web apps, so they can appear on a phones home screen but you dont install them through the app store.

I highly highly suggest you make a rough prototype of what you want before you go try to hire someone to build the thing for you. Once you put this app you paid someone to build in front of users you'll realize you need to make 9 billion changes and you just outlayed a bunch of money for something you can't use. While if you make a kinda clunky thing that solves the problem, you can start that learning today and for almost no money with no code.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

CarForumPoster posted:

Yes you can embed things in websites. There are many way to accomplish what you describe.

Can I suggest maybe thinking on how you could make a rough-looking "no code" version of this thing you want?

For example glide apps lets you make a web based app with no code:
https://www.glideapps.com/

All the stuff on the website is specified on a google sheet.

So you can make an input that makes a row in a google sheet, and then populates a caledar with it and it just so happens glide has multiple calendar templates:
https://www.glideapps.com/templates/team-leave-calendar-sf

You can make both websites and :airquote:mobile apps:airquote: with this with just one template. I use :airquote: because theyre actually things called progressive web apps, so they can appear on a phones home screen but you dont install them through the app store.

I highly highly suggest you make a rough prototype of what you want before you go try to hire someone to build the thing for you. Once you put this app you paid someone to build in front of users you'll realize you need to make 9 billion changes and you just outlayed a bunch of money for something you can't use. While if you make a kinda clunky thing that solves the problem, you can start that learning today and for almost no money with no code.

Thank you, I reviewed the website but still looking into it to see if it can accomplish what I want it to do.

I essentially want the one page to show something like this. Just a simple week breakdown where the day by day options changes based on the original inputs on top of the page.

Perhaps the different training plans can be a simple text file that can be easily edited / added?

code:
Training Plan - Dropdown menu with X options 
Weight Input - Your weight
Lifting Goal Input 1 - Your lifting goal
Lifting Goal Input 2 - Your lifting goal
Lifting Goal Input 3 - Your lifting goal 

Week 1: Mon             Tue             Wed            Thu             Fri             Sat              Sun
              XYZ             XYZ            XYZ             XYZ           XYZ           XYZ             XYZ

Week 2: Mon             Tue             Wed            Thu             Fri             Sat              Sun
              XYZ             XYZ            XYZ             XYZ           XYZ           XYZ             XYZ

Week 3: Mon             Tue             Wed            Thu             Fri             Sat              Sun

Week 4 etc. 

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Busy Bee posted:

Thank you, I reviewed the website but still looking into it to see if it can accomplish what I want it to do.

I essentially want the one page to show something like this. Just a simple week breakdown where the day by day options changes based on the original inputs on top of the page.

Perhaps the different training plans can be a simple text file that can be easily edited / added?

code:
Training Plan - Dropdown menu with X options 
Weight Input - Your weight
Lifting Goal Input 1 - Your lifting goal
Lifting Goal Input 2 - Your lifting goal
Lifting Goal Input 3 - Your lifting goal 

Week 1: Mon             Tue             Wed            Thu             Fri             Sat              Sun

Week 2: Mon             Tue             Wed            Thu             Fri             Sat              Sun

Week 3: Mon             Tue             Wed            Thu             Fri             Sat              Sun

Week 4 etc. 

Yea you're describing things calculatable and lookup-able in a spreadsheet (or multiple spreadsheets). This is exactly the use case for Glide or similar no-code app builders. I've only used Glide but even I who can program found it to be a very useful tool for getting the first working prototype in my hands or in front of users.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

CarForumPoster posted:

Yea you're describing things calculatable and lookup-able in a spreadsheet (or multiple spreadsheets). This is exactly the use case for Glide or similar no-code app builders. I've only used Glide but even I who can program found it to be a very useful tool for getting the first working prototype in my hands or in front of users.

Got it, thank you!

What are the cons associated with using Glide or a similar no-code app builder. It seems that it can be hard for scalability and lacks as much flexibility if the web app is coded on its own. Speaking of coding the web app on it's own, what is the coding language that one would recommend if I decide to go this route?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Busy Bee posted:

Got it, thank you!

What are the cons associated with using Glide or a similar no-code app builder. It seems that it can be hard for scalability and lacks as much flexibility if the web app is coded on its own. Speaking of coding the web app on it's own, what is the coding language that one would recommend if I decide to go this route?

Your assumptions regarding -ilities are very likely wrong, but you haven't (and SHOULDN'T!) define non-functional requirements at this stage so I can't guarantee it.

What are your goals with this app?

If your goal is learning to code or to eventually get a job as a software dev, my reply is: Learn Python or JavaScript.

However, it sounds like you have a product idea you want to bring to life and share with others, potentially making a business out of it. Thats awesome and something I'm really passionate about helping others with. If that's the case, the questions you're asking indicate to me you're focused on the wrong things. I've been a startup CEO for 4 years, my startup was backed by Y Combinator, raised a seed and is still alive. I remember asking these same questions circa 2016 when I couldn't code and had a product idea.

If your goal is to make a fitness app, make a prototype app first. You'll learn so much from the process of getting your app in front of users that you'll laugh at the idea of thinking about the scalability or programming language. Focus solely on the top 5 or 10 functional requirements, then get a prototype that barely works and is clunky in front of people. (In app parlance this is known as a minimum viable product, a concept credited to the excellent book The Lean Startup)

Think of it this way: If you app actually solves a problem, you'll get paying users or you'll run ads. Then you can hire people who can code well to make a good app.

Check this video out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hHMwLxN6EM

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Busy Bee posted:

Got it, thank you!

The idea isn't Glide instead of coding a web app, it's Glide before coding a web app, so that you don't lose a bunch of money building an app that can't find a market. Scalability should be the least of your concerns right now.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

CarForumPoster posted:

Your assumptions regarding -ilities are very likely wrong, but you haven't (and SHOULDN'T!) define non-functional requirements at this stage so I can't guarantee it.

What are your goals with this app?

If your goal is learning to code or to eventually get a job as a software dev, my reply is: Learn Python or JavaScript.

However, it sounds like you have a product idea you want to bring to life and share with others, potentially making a business out of it. Thats awesome and something I'm really passionate about helping others with. If that's the case, the questions you're asking indicate to me you're focused on the wrong things. I've been a startup CEO for 4 years, my startup was backed by Y Combinator, raised a seed and is still alive. I remember asking these same questions circa 2016 when I couldn't code and had a product idea.

If your goal is to make a fitness app, make a prototype app first. You'll learn so much from the process of getting your app in front of users that you'll laugh at the idea of thinking about the scalability or programming language. Focus solely on the top 5 or 10 functional requirements, then get a prototype that barely works and is clunky in front of people. (In app parlance this is known as a minimum viable product, a concept credited to the excellent book The Lean Startup)

Think of it this way: If you app actually solves a problem, you'll get paying users or you'll run ads. Then you can hire people who can code well to make a good app.

That's a great video, thank you for sharing.

My goal with the app is to bring my product idea to life and share with others and not to learn how to code or eventually get a job as a software developer.

Right now I am also learning about all the different domain and hosting options.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Busy Bee posted:

That's a great video, thank you for sharing.

My goal with the app is to bring my product idea to life and share with others and not to learn how to code or eventually get a job as a software developer.

Right now I am also learning about all the different domain and hosting options.

Dont need a domain if you don’t have an app. Only do things that get your app in front of users.

If you make the app, you can throw together a wix site that’s dirt cheap and way better than I can make. Can register a domain then too. Also no code. :)

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
So let's say I make a simple app, the MVP. I get it in front of users and take their feedback. I'm ready to take it to the next level. What then? I hire someone to develop the app? What should I expect?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Busy Bee posted:

So let's say I make a simple app, the MVP. I get it in front of users and take their feedback. I'm ready to take it to the next level. What then? I hire someone to develop the app? What should I expect?

You should watch the Startup School series from Y Combinator. It will answer these questions with fairly prescriptive, applicable advice. Ill summarize some of that advice below. HOW you get that feedback ends up being kinda important so you don't go down the wrong path.

To answer your question:
You get 10 users who are not related to you or friends with you for your MVP.

You measure how they use it, glide can add google analytics, and try to get them to use it every day. Ideally you'll find that at least 5 of those 10 users use it each day for 7 days and at least one of them using it each day for 30 days. Doesn't have to be the same person each day, you just wanna know that it solved the problem well enough that someone stuck around to use it for a month and that at least one of those 10 people opened it every day. Most likely you won't get this far. Your users will "churn." You now need to find out why. Its really really important you find out why.

It probably won't be because your app feels laggy or bare bones or because its a Glide app.

It'll probably be because it:
1) didn't solve their problem like they hoped or
2) they already have something else to solve that problem or
3) no one really has that problem. Its a solution looking for a problem and no one cares.

If its #2, they dont bother to switch to yours and they churn. This can be crushing, but its an opportunity to talk to them and find out what related problems they had that had them considering using your app. This leads to a pivot. And then you'll start over with a new glide app (or heavily modifying this one).

Yours sounds like a real problem so that's good. Even better that its a recurring, daily problem. If its a painful problem that a lot of people have, they have it daily, and you solve it better than others, congratulations you'll be rich.

Its also really important to understand what else your customers do to solve this problem currently. The worst possible answer is "they dont or cant do anything else". For example when I lifted weights I would go bench->squat->deadlift->cardio as the first exercise of the day, then I'd do stuff related to those until I did 6 exercises. I solved the problem that it sounds like your app solves of "what to do each day at the gym to get sick gainz" with that system.

So thats what you do next. Get 10 users and talk to them. Measure whether they keep using it.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 4, 2022

Sleepy Robot
Mar 24, 2006
instant constitutional scholar, just add astonomist
I'm running into a CORS issue trying to query a 3rd party API with axios.

My query looks like this:

```
axios.get('http://lapi.transitchicago.com/api/1.0/ttarrivals.aspx?key=IHARDCODEMYAPIHERE&max=1&mapid=40070&outputType=JSON')
.then((response) => {
console.log('response: ', response);
})

```
and I get the error:
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://lapi.transitchicago.com/api/1.0/ttarrivals.aspx?key=IHARDCODEMYAPIHERE&max=1&mapid=40070&outputType=JSON. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). Status code: 200.

strangely enough I can see the XHR with a 200 response code and the data that I need, but I'm not able to access it in "then".

I've done a bit of digging around Stack Overflow and the solution seems to be adding RESPONSE headers but I don't own the API. I only have control over the request headers, right?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Sleepy Robot posted:

I'm running into a CORS issue trying to query a 3rd party API with axios.

My query looks like this:

```
axios.get('http://lapi.transitchicago.com/api/1.0/ttarrivals.aspx?key=IHARDCODEMYAPIHERE&max=1&mapid=40070&outputType=JSON')
.then((response) => {
console.log('response: ', response);
})

```
and I get the error:
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://lapi.transitchicago.com/api/1.0/ttarrivals.aspx?key=IHARDCODEMYAPIHERE&max=1&mapid=40070&outputType=JSON. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). Status code: 200.

strangely enough I can see the XHR with a 200 response code and the data that I need, but I'm not able to access it in "then".

I've done a bit of digging around Stack Overflow and the solution seems to be adding RESPONSE headers but I don't own the API. I only have control over the request headers, right?

So your domain eg HornyGoons.com is making a get request to that server and you’re getting a CORS issue, is the correct?

You’re correct that you can’t control the access restrictions on their API.

Edit: take a look at your request headers in browser are you making a simple request https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/CORS#simple_requests

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 4, 2022

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

It's pretty simple:

1, The third-party site needs to either explicitly allow your domain, or wildcard all domains, or,

2, Implement a proxy on the interwebs that performs the fetch on your behalf, and thus bypasses CORS.

The predominant method is the latter. A collection of fruity management, bad infosec, and terrible programmers.

I have to do this with many finance institutions, it's silly.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If the API returns a user's data based on the user's browser cookies then it's 100% correct to not allow arbitrary third parties on the internet to make those requests directly from the browser (which will include the user's cookies) and read the resulting data.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
I inherited an old website that I need to bring back up on new hosting with a new domain, but all of the links/images/etc are using absolute paths instead of relative. Is there a tool I can use to recursively convert all of the paths from absolute to relative, instead of going through every single HTML file and Ctrl+F'ing? I tried an old Perl script (with the help of the Programming Questions thread) to no avail.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

fatman1683 posted:

I inherited an old website that I need to bring back up on new hosting with a new domain, but all of the links/images/etc are using absolute paths instead of relative. Is there a tool I can use to recursively convert all of the paths from absolute to relative, instead of going through every single HTML file and Ctrl+F'ing? I tried an old Perl script (with the help of the Programming Questions thread) to no avail.

You can open folders in VSCode and ctrl+f the entire workspace.

or if you're handy with shell it's probably a two-liner with sed. Don't ask me though.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

fisting by many posted:

You can open folders in VSCode and ctrl+f the entire workspace.

or if you're handy with shell it's probably a two-liner with sed. Don't ask me though.

Thanks! The VSCode method appears to have worked, I totally forgot I had it installed.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

fatman1683 posted:

Thanks! The VSCode method appears to have worked, I totally forgot I had it installed.
Nice!

Btw, if you just need to find and replace in all files: Notepad++ can do this iirc

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

CarForumPoster posted:

FYI this resume is hard to see your work experience at a glance. Its a format I expect from people who havent worked in this industry and thus have no job history. You do and should change formats to a more typical one.

Thought a lot about this and decided to rework the resume a bit based on your critique. I now have plenty of relevant work experience so it should be the highlight rather than the individual work itself.

Please let me know what you think!

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
i would nix the blurb too. it's not really adding anything

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Verisimilidude posted:

Thought a lot about this and decided to rework the resume a bit based on your critique. I now have plenty of relevant work experience so it should be the highlight rather than the individual work itself.

Please let me know what you think!

Much better! This gives a clearer picture of where you’re at career wise at a glance.

The skills section is basically keyword stuffing. Move it to the bottom. No one is going to give any weight to those claims, but they’re useful for HR, giving an impression of what you don’t have experience with, and coming up in search results.

If this is a second career for you, and your previous work history indicates you’re a good hire, including one line for prev jobs to tell that story can be good. Eg you worked in a role that made money for the company and required professional skills and can show some escalation of responsibility or continuity of employment 3+ years. If you worked retail and daycare that’s not what I mean. If you worked IT help desk, as an EMT, for a law firm, we’re in the military that is what I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

CarForumPoster posted:

Much better! This gives a clearer picture of where you’re at career wise at a glance.

The skills section is basically keyword stuffing. Move it to the bottom. No one is going to give any weight to those claims, but they’re useful for HR, giving an impression of what you don’t have experience with, and coming up in search results.

If this is a second career for you, and your previous work history indicates you’re a good hire, including one line for prev jobs to tell that story can be good. Eg you worked in a role that made money for the company and required professional skills and can show some escalation of responsibility or continuity of employment 3+ years. If you worked retail and daycare that’s not what I mean. If you worked IT help desk, as an EMT, for a law firm, we’re in the military that is what I mean.

I did work as a secretary in a law firm, and as a chef for some time prior to that. Is that worth adding? I’ve heard experience not directly related to tech doesn’t add much.

As for the blurb, yeah I’ll get rid of it. I’ll see about moving stuff around!!