Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Philippe posted:

I can't believe Shadow drew a character in a different pose
*Chug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

forming
22-24

it's a new page so let's have a cheeky form

last time: dubious consent, jizzzz, and nommo has a dream about a great big snake

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh poo poo!

https://twitter.com/nedroid/status/1550116672794611718

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

Qualia the Purple
Episode 13: 26-30

Qualia the Purple
Episode 14: 2-8 ( I'm saving the title page for a little bit )

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

thetoughestbean posted:

Wait did he accidentally recruit a Nazi. Is that what happened

Is that why it’s the Properties of Hate

Not a nazi per se, but the pictures of the woman are all pictures where she is either caught off guard (not expecting to have her picture taken) or everyone else is cut out/scribbled over. So either this is an ex that he had no good pictures of, or, more likely, the object of unwanted affection
He also appears to have a shelf full of meticulously painted miniature soldiers, another thing to obsess over. Also a hardcover copy of The Art of War.
All of the pictures on his wall not of the woman appear to be people in uniform, so probably his affiliated groups (army/police)
On the previous page it seems like he's staring in sad admiration at the Royal Guard. I'd put money on him failing to make it to that auspicious level in his career, and he's unhappy just being a beat cop.

Given the red coat and yellow gloves, I'm guessing this guy turned into the tin soldier looking guy from the black market a few chapters back.
EDIT - This guy

This is what that cop turned into after he was "cartoonified", like our hero is going through right now. Cop became a wind-up tin soldier, and Hero seems to be turning into a clown.

CzarChasm has a new favorite as of 17:51 on Jul 21, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

"Stop your groggy muttering before you give away any personal secrets" is the kind of professionalism you rarely ever see.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman

So, not that it's much of a surprise, but Episode 2 (along with Portal and Team Fortress 2) has been pushed back to Quarter 1 of 2007. Since Quarter 1 ends with March, I'm gonna guess they announce a March 31 release date, and actually wind up releasing April 17th. That's my offical guess, so write it down and be amazed when I'm totally psychic.

I figured after the recent joke about mechanical testicles, a simple boob joke might actually class up the joint. Perhaps not.

I saw this linked over at halflife2.net -- check out the video clip for some fun new ways to die in Half-Life 2 mods(dead link). I don't know how they did it -- it looks like it might be similar to a small event in Episode 1, where the Combine were sucked into a malfunctioning portal-thingie, but I don't know. Neat, though!

I think Judith here is my least favorite human to pose. First, her hands are friggin gigantic and her long fingers completely splayed, so I have to avoid showing them almost entirely, lest everyone be diverted from the drawn-out, rambling humor of the strip and instead transfixed by her giant scary disturbing meathooks. Plus, she has an incandescent white sweater that is whiter than everything else in the game, so it's hard to have anyone standing near her or they appear dim and dull in contrast. Finally, she's kinda ugly. Don't get me wrong -- when you play the game, she is quite the hotness, but I just can never get her facial expressions quite right to capture that same sort of older-womany (described in some circles as MILFy) hotnessisity.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Graveyard Quest
Part 3.2

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Betty Wolfwrestler
Goordtryb
Gargyc
Diary
Volunteers

Scheming 1

Scheming 2

The Scepter of Death 1

Lots of good stuff in these pages! I recommend reading the newspaper article names and looking carefully at any paintings.

Talking character deaths: 4
Deaths altogether: 30+

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hempuli posted:

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Now that's the presidential race material I was hoping for!

Although still very different from whatever I imagined. Good stuff!

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I remember what a slurd is :colbert:

I can make out just enough of the small article text to see that the cult leader (found in attic) was leader of the spider cult (missing), but the other newspaper has even smaller text so I'm afraid the full Spider Cult Lore escapes me.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Rudolph Filthmaster
Hank Genocide

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

Rudolph Filthmaster
Hank Genocide

Bob Johnson!

Wait

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Trixie Slaughteraxe for President is a comic about first-past-the-post voting being complete and utter garbage.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kennel posted:

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President is a comic about how you can solve any problem by bringing in piles of newer and bigger enemies

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Hank Genocide

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kennel posted:

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President is a comic about first-past-the-post voting being complete and utter garbage.
it can be both

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Opening my trenchcoat to reveal a bunch of pockets stuffed with Hell was Full

Remember never to talk to the police!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Chapter 3: The Paper, the Knife and the Messenger (part 2b)
Time to get educated on medieval European stationary, goons.

You know, after this reading this chapter I did a quick google on parchment and it seems that in the whole of the USA, there's only one guy who still makes parchment - and he had to teach himself how to do it as a last ditch effort to save his family tannery. It's funny, I thought there'd still be a demand for it. I don't know what happens in America, but I distinctly remember looking at my undergraduate degree and noticing it was made of goatskin parchment.

Chapter 4: The Hunt, the Monsters and the Warden

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

For when ODB is in prison or on the lam

Ray enjoys when ladies smash delectable creamy cakes beneath their bottoms.

A curt parting of paths.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Hempuli posted:

The Scepter of Death 1

hey hey who is this, it's my favorite, Torgeir Lykke

he's great

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Every time I get to read Trixie slaughteraxe my brain gives me the good chemicals. It's good folks.

That and graveyard quest or anything by kc green really. If BACK had a stronger beginning and ending it'd probably be my favorite series he's ever made, the middle is really 10 out of 10.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

U08

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Jul 22, 2022

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

CzarChasm posted:

Given the red coat and yellow gloves, I'm guessing this guy turned into the tin soldier looking guy from the black market a few chapters back.

Good eye. I agree with all of this.

Okay, onto another one of my favorites. Pretty sure I also read this one here, years ago.

Boys' Night Out

Lurk Ethic has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Jul 23, 2022

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

forming
19-21

last time: ennui, the threat of sodomy, and strange visions of cum elementals given to an unworthy piece of poo poo

this time:

I don't know why (outside of the obvious Adventure Time connection) but I always read Nommo as being voiced by Steve Little (the VA for Abracadaniel/Turtle Princess and a few other characters)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Every time I get to read Trixie slaughteraxe my brain gives me the good chemicals. It's good folks.

Trixie is one of those comics where it's easy to rush through because you need to know what happens next, but it really benefits from taking the time to look at the details in each strip. Having it posted here is a good way to experience.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011
I really want a Thorsby/Abbadon collab

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kei Technical posted:

That would basically be the ONE/Murata collab for One Punch Man

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Kei Technical posted:

Last year I tried doing Abaddon's style for a single Throsby panel (negotiations in necrosyrte's restaurant). It didn't really work but I now understand that Abaddon has 100% sold bits of his soul in exchange for his powers

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lurk Ethic posted:

Good eye. I agree with all of this.

Okay, onto another one of my favorites. Pretty sure I also read this one here, years ago.

Boys' Night Out

i enjoy this comic but i really wish it wasn't max landis who wrote it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Meh.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

forming
19-21

last time: ennui, the threat of sodomy, and strange visions of cum elementals given to an unworthy piece of poo poo

this time:

How could you not pick JIZZ as the highlight frame?!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there are future JIZZes that i feel are superior

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman

I remember loving Concerned at the time and it's aged a bit - no fault, but Half-life isn't a cultural touchstone anymore. But two questions:

* I recollect that other Frohman relatives show up, but different to his brother. Is this just something a bad memory has assembled? There was maybe a cousin that looked like Mark Wahlberg

* Didn't the creator go on to do a similar strip but set in the Star Wars universe?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Concerned is the only comic in the thread right now that my eyes just kinda glaze over. I don't hate it or anything, I just can't seem to bring myself to be interested in it.

This, most likely, is because I never played Half-Life 2 and thought the OG Half-Life was good but not, like, amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus