Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I think he is thinking of Sami-rai an indigenous warrior class of Finland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is there a good 'I wasn't paying attention, what happened?' thread? I have a vague idea of what the whole Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp court case was about but I'm not sure how right/wrong I am:

Two people in a domestic dispute that had no reason to become a social media event that people became invested in like all relationship drama. Both of them were kind of lovely but generally people rallied around Depp because they liked the PotC movies and therefore he's the hero of this situation.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
is there an 'I wasn't paying attention, what happened?' thread? I have a vague idea of what the whole tipping vs. circumcising wait staff thing but I'm not sure how right/wrong I am.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

RareAcumen posted:

Is there a good 'I wasn't paying attention, what happened?' thread? I have a vague idea of what the whole Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp court case was about but I'm not sure how right/wrong I am:

Two people in a domestic dispute that had no reason to become a social media event that people became invested in like all relationship drama. Both of them were kind of lovely but generally people rallied around Depp because they liked the PotC movies and therefore he's the hero of this situation.

That's the general gist I got, plus it sounds like maybe he had the better legal team and she might have made some claims about sending money to charity that she never actually did or something. Whole thing just sounded like an absolute train wreck

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
"Diamond and Silk" (two chud talking heads) were trending, so I went looking for content. I did find this really innocent one:

https://twitter.com/fetishsubbysis/status/1550187978315616256

The Prince song is called "Diamonds and Pearls", not "Diamond and Silk". :allears:

RareAcumen posted:

While the trial was going, I asked if anyone would be interested in a discussion thread about it (similar to the Vic Mignogna thread), but nobody seemed to be. I think, of most "online communities", SA is one of the few I'd trust to discuss the case beyond just "LOL AMBER TURD, BOYCOTT HER FROM AQUAMAN!!!!" poo poo, because trying to get a summary of the situation from ANYWHERE ELSE just leads to a bunch of misogyny and/or Eve Barlow.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

christmas boots posted:

That's the general gist I got, plus it sounds like maybe he had the better legal team

This probably explains Depp losing the British libel action but winning the American libel action more than the veracity of either his or Heard's claims; it's laughably easy to win a libel suit in the UK, whilst the pesky First Amendment makes libel suits in the US incredibly hard.

The American jury not being sequestered was also kind of weird, given it was an incredibly high-profile trial.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Pretty sure jury sequestration is almost exclusively a criminal case thing, not civil.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

"Diamond and Silk" (two chud talking heads) were trending, so I went looking for content. I did find this really innocent one:

https://twitter.com/fetishsubbysis/status/1550187978315616256

The Prince song is called "Diamonds and Pearls", not "Diamond and Silk". :allears:

I love that joan baez song.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I think he is thinking of Sami-rai an indigenous warrior class of Finland.
Lol. My parents are from Estonia, the "slow cousins" of Finland. Stereotypically both Finns and Estos are tall, blonde, blue-eyed. I definitely got the Mongol-invasion genes. (At least I'm over 6',)

edit: a weird thing in high school and university is I got mocked for slanty eyes

edit2: in highschool it happened because I dated a Chinese girl with much wider eyes than me. In university it happened because ... I was suddenly inundated with small-town racists. And I'm loving white lol.

teethgrinder has a new favorite as of 20:11 on Jul 21, 2022

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm basically the "bearer of food-related IOSM" for this thread!

https://twitter.com/DijahSB/status/1549804193745195015

https://twitter.com/Eunshal/status/1550006965925019653

https://twitter.com/MelissaEnchant/status/1549945326596870144

:stare:

Article for more info:
https://twitter.com/meeranavlakha/status/1550063866817675267

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If the nutrition label is correct (lol) that's twice the calories of ranch. Or the same but the serving sized is halved.

I'm sure that's what all the tik tok influencers eat for their diet and workout regimes, double ranch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
One thing said it kinda tastes like ranch. Couldn't you just add red food coloring to ranch dressing so that it looks pink? Like, ranch is tasty, lot's of people like ranch.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Judging by the comments, I'm not the only one who immediately went "Bitch, that is Tubby Custard!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If the nutrition label is correct (lol) that's twice the calories of ranch. Or the same but the serving sized is halved.

I'm sure that's what all the tik tok influencers eat for their diet and workout regimes, double ranch.

I just looked at my jar of mayo, it's also 90 calories for a tablespoon. It's also only 13 grams instead of 14.4 so pink sauce is apparently about 10% denser than mayo.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the bird reply talking about how its milk and being shipped uninsulated is dumb.

milk is like the 2nd to last ingredient and the industry food scientists that made this know how to make shelf stable foodlike products that ship.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm not going to screencap this thread, but my GOD, this thread.

https://twitter.com/aaron_renn/status/1550166529911791616

In Silicon Valley we know that anything measured in MIPS is slow as gently caress.
https://twitter.com/aaron_renn/status/1550167000231677954

https://twitter.com/aaron_renn/status/1550168487502422018

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

PhazonLink posted:

the industry food scientists that made this know how to make shelf stable foodlike products that ship.
Uh, is that what this is?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

PhazonLink posted:

the bird reply talking about how its milk and being shipped uninsulated is dumb.

milk is like the 2nd to last ingredient and the industry food scientists that made this know how to make shelf stable foodlike products that ship.
this is one (1) idiot on tiktok making this thing, sib

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

That thread just makes me want to get chicken wings and im suppose to be on a diet.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
That pink sauce looks suspiciously similar to a local "staple"? (idk what to call it, I've never eaten it but it's always just been there.) Ingredients make me think the flavor is fairly similar too.

https://madeinkc.co/products/pizza-shoppe-pink-stuff-salad-dressing

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dr Christmas posted:

I saw a tweet recently pointing out that HIV isn’t spread by close proximity, but people acted like it did for a long time and would refuse to touch or even be around people who had it. Monkeypox, on the other hand, is spread by close proximity, but now rear end in a top hat idiots are acting like being straight confers immunity. They’re somehow choosing the worst possible action each time.

And Covid, they think it's harmless but getting it makes you immune, so they're out coughing on each other and going to as many unmasked Trump rallies as possible, never mind how many times they end up getting a brand new case, at least they're immune!

It's like that "Hell is where the cooks are British, etc" t-shirt, except with diseases

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The ingredient list on that pink sauce is basically just oil heavy, light on the dairy ranch dressing, with pitaya powder to turn it pink.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

PhazonLink posted:

If you follow the MelissaEnchanted twitter thread about trying to recreate it, one late-game revelation is that the ingredient list is wrong and the ingredient is probably supposed to be Mayo. It just an aioli with lots of garlic and chili, with the dragonfruit there for color.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

I'm basically the "bearer of food-related IOSM" for this thread!

https://twitter.com/DijahSB/status/1549804193745195015

I don't know what the gently caress pink sauce is or what's in it but if someone with that much makeup and/or filters is on TikTok telling me to eat it I'm never going near the stuff.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I need raw sauce. No ketchup. Just sauce.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

lol, on the chance anyone needs a source refuting the "cops overdosing from touching fentanyl" claims that have come up here many times: https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/what-are-the-risks-of-touching-fentanyl/

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I'm gonna put fentanyl on my dick

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

That's one way to keep anyone from fentanyl contact

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Pink sauce is the sauce my mom makes mixing ketchup and mayonnaise. We were eating stuff with pink sauce before it was cool.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I actually know "pink sauce" as "tomato sauce (yum) mixed with alfredo (vile)".

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Both of those variants are great

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ketchup and mayo I would know as "marie rose" and it's... not great tbh when you can get thousand island instead.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Ah, microdosing

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
You can make an alright sauce for egg sandwiches with ketchup mayo and mustard along with a little extra seasoning. I don't think I'd put it on anything other than like a porkroll egg and cheese sandwich on a bagel.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm not going to screencap this thread, but my GOD, this thread.

As someone from NYC, most "talent" is dumb as gently caress. I've been around CEOs, CFOs, art industry titans, real estate moguls, artists, actors, musicians, you name it. Lots of them are dumb as gently caress and if it wasn't for their connections and inherited wealth most of them would be lucky to get to push a broom for a living. The one thing people like that in NYC are good at is making themselves seem smart, which usually works on the average person. If you've got wealth you can talk about whatever bullshit you want with a pretentious air and other people will assume they're just not clever enough to get it. If you're an artist you just have to act moderately enigmatic and people will lap that poo poo right up

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

OwlFancier posted:

ketchup and mayo I would know as "marie rose" and it's... not great tbh when you can get thousand island instead.

that's like saying a nice aioli is better than mayo out of the jar tbh.

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
Aioli and mayo are not the same thing.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
and thousand island dressing is not the same thing as a straight mix of ketchup and mayo, so the post stands, no?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
You guys need fry sauce.

and it's not just mayo and ketchup, there are unique blends of spices involved in its manufacture, each lending a wonderful sense of variety to the already noble potato.

Goes great on burgers too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I actually know "pink sauce" as "tomato sauce (yum) mixed with alfredo (vile)".

That's just a bit of order-of-ingredients away from rosé sauce, which I will not hear slandered.