Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kyrosiris posted:

I won't stand for this slander.

It's a tragedy that Gaius loses this fashion sense in his later appearances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

HackensackBackpack posted:

What weapon is that?

Augmented Radiant's Millpreves, dyed Metallic Brass.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've got "learning new content" anxiety but my next step is learning Eden savage. Insert long, exhausted sigh at my own poo poo

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

(Image courtesy of MetaMeme. Cross-posted from TeeQueue's Library of Ruina LP thread with permission.)

Context: a XIV player who is also playing through LoR attempts to predict one of LoR's major boss fights.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

A Moose posted:

A lot of caster gear looks pretty bad on male roes, and dragoon glams are hilarious. you look like a refrigerator with random spikes sticking out.

I do like the full robe + dwarf caster hat combo though.

So highladies have a similar problem in that a lot of dresses just look awful on them. Highladies are fairly broad shouldered and it can be a hard balance to strike. Most people lean into making their highladies look mean and aggressive as they fall very easily into a very masc look. I tried to do my best to soften my highlady. I've actually found that one of my favorite dresses is from Qitani Ravel.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SettingSun posted:

MRoes are great but their glam game suffers because their body shape is cylinder.

My current glams include Peacelover's gear and I look like a vending machine at an Arizona tourist trap.

e:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mordiceius posted:

I've actually found that one of my favorite dresses is from Qitani Ravel.

The Ravel is low-key a great zone for glam drops. I'm not sure I have plans for any of the tops (fem Au Ra and the tattoo bits play a little weird with the scales), but the pants and boots show up in a lot of my glams. The weapons are also all great.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I wonder how long the natural order of the first Endwalker story trial destroying groups will hold. Had a nice forty minute roulette with an off-tank that ate every mechanic on every pull (except when I yanked them to a safe spot) and used the LB at every opportunity, but they weren't even the main reason we had multiple wipes (just the reason why healer LB3 was never up).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dareon posted:

My current glams include Peacelover's gear and I look like a vending machine at an Arizona tourist trap.

e:

Buy souvenirs of the famous Weather Roe!
If the Roe is dry, it's sunny.
If he's wet, it's raining.
If he's hard to see, it's foggy.
If he's dark, it's night.
If he's not there, it's stolen!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hogama posted:

I wonder how long the natural order of the first Endwalker story trial destroying groups will hold. Had a nice forty minute roulette with an off-tank that ate every mechanic on every pull (except when I yanked them to a safe spot) and used the LB at every opportunity, but they weren't even the main reason we had multiple wipes (just the reason why healer LB3 was never up).

Some people don't know the limit break gauge is party wide so will just hit it whenever they think they've got their bar.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vitamean posted:

I'm 6'2" and I'll beeline for a short race as long as it's made available to me

idk man you move faster the smaller you are

YggiDee posted:

I'm 5'4" surrounded by 6'2" people irl that height slider is at the top no matter what race I'm playing

The grass is always greener…

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm 6'2" and go tall because the short perspective feels weird and disorienting.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

I did the whole entire MSQ as a Falafel and then switched to Roe because I was sick of inspecting N64 grade floor textures, getting lost in small crowds and trying endlessly to find the optimal camera angle for more than boss ankles and thin slivers of upcoming terrain.

No regrets! No camera auto-turn motion sickness! I can even see attack animations now!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I uh, play with the camera zoomed out all the way no matter what race I am atm

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
I gotta be honest I can't imagine playing without SimpleTweaks' option to disable that loving camera autoturn. It's disorienting every time I log in and ST isn't working for whatever reason.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

parasyte posted:

I gotta be honest I can't imagine playing without SimpleTweaks' option to disable that loving camera autoturn. It's disorienting every time I log in and ST isn't working for whatever reason.

I found this maybe two weeks ago (despite running XIVLauncher for the entire duration of my sub) and it was a real mix of relief and pain that I hadn't come upon it sooner. Game does good work supporting controllers, but close camera mount turns made me feel worse than a badly made VR game.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Auto camera turn?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the camera will try to swing its way behind you if you're not running directly forward

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Vitamean posted:

the camera will try to swing its way behind you if you're not running directly forward

Use legacy movement and that stops.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

maybe they want to use standard movement

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vitamean posted:

maybe they want to use standard movement

They shouldn't.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They shouldn't.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Ah, I can't deal with slow backward walks so have used legacy for so long I forgot standard existed

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

Nonono let's cut this off before it gets dumb this is specifically a Legacy Movement plus Controller issue where it uses the Japanese standard of helpfully swinging your camera into place behind the direction you are moving. Designed for one handed play, it's barely noticeable at first but if you're the kind of person who does a lot of fine camera movement with the right stick it means you end up constantly fighting the game to look at anything other than what's in front of you, and the intensity of pull ratchets up the closer the camera is to the player.

I never used to get motion sick from games as a babby but now I'm of the same vintage as most other people still posting on here and unfortunately I'm becoming more susceptible to wild, constant camera movement. It had a cumulative effect and made sessions over an hour pretty unpleasant.

So if that's you install the thing and enable the thing. If it isn't very cool derail over.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh it's far too late for damage control, derail is in motion

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Oh yikes, I just plugged in a controller to confirm that and while it's not so bad when you're on the ground it's rough once you get airborne. I was wrong.

I still stand by legacy movement though. :colbert:

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

hazardousmouse posted:

Oh it's far too late for damage control, derail is in motion

The 'classic' MMO aesthetic of giant nameplates and screens 25% stacked with static UI buttons is a blight on the genre.

Also XIVCombo is good and should be default.

*sounds of train barrelling off-track*

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Don't make me light the Fracture signal.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Oh yikes, I just plugged in a controller to confirm that and while it's not so bad when you're on the ground it's rough once you get airborne. I was wrong.

I still stand by legacy movement though. :colbert:
I was confused until flight was mentioned, but I generally just set auto-movement and rotate the camera to aim while mounted.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I use Standard and actually use backtracking for fine positioning control :v: Legacy users are freaks sorry

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I used standard up until very very recently and it was only because I needed to have more exact control of my movement and facing for a couple of mechanics in DSR. Everything before and probably everything after we're done with this I play on Standard.

Thundarr posted:

Don't make me light the Fracture signal.

that lever hasn't worked in a dog's lifetime my friend

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Runa posted:

I uh, play with the camera zoomed out all the way no matter what race I am atm

I zoom out as much as I can for dungeons and trials and sometimes solo duties, because you do kinda need to see as much of the space as you can, but go for more a medium distance if I'm just loving around.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

The Ravel is low-key a great zone for glam drops. I'm not sure I have plans for any of the tops (fem Au Ra and the tattoo bits play a little weird with the scales), but the pants and boots show up in a lot of my glams. The weapons are also all great.

I was chain running Qitana Ravel with my Sage the moment I was a high enough level to run it. I've only seen a couple other noulith models I'd even consider using over the Ravel Keeper's.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Antivehicular posted:

Can confirm that the Ravel Keeper's Axe is very good.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Multiple people complimented me today after a trial :unsmith:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Ravel keeper knives are great small ninja weapons. And the caster/healer sleeves are great

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I'm 6'2" and go tall because the short perspective feels weird and disorienting.

I'm about 6'1 and I usually go sort of tall with my characters but rarely the tallest. The short perspective just feels wrong and makes my skin crawl and the tallest usually breaks things in games. So Im like 3/4 of the way towards tallest on the height slider for Roe Males with my Roegadude

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm 1'95 m so I gotta pump that height on every game I play, gotta remind the short people of their place.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I'm 3cm tall. I'm in your pocket. no, not that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I just like the strength and power that Roe females project with their muscles and their tallness. I am also IRL tall but I've never had disorientation issues when I played shorter characters like Au Ra females and catgirls.