Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nice knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book posted:

hell yeah me too

: Beat Revengeance mode

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Evil Eagle posted:

Nice knife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZNkz1V5ahU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

the sheer absurdity of Ivan Raidenovitch Raikov is always delightful

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

Beat the game -
Beat Revengeance mode -
Unlock the High-Frequency Wooden Sword -

I love basically everything about this game. I probably would have done this a week ago but my stick started drifting (again) and I sent the controller back in for repairs. Also, check out my epic number of kills.

elf help book posted:

hell yeah me too

drat gj!

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol and good job.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

one of the best eps

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Beat the game -
Beat Revengeance mode -

I love basically everything about this game. I probably would have done this a week ago but my stick started drifting (again) and I sent the controller back in for repairs. Also, check out my epic number of kills.

Evil Eagle posted:

: Unlock Kojima

Welcome to the Intel Team, Mr. Kojima.

This might not take as long as I thought. I did a spend a buttload of time playing co-op the first time around. I'll keep chipping away at it, but I actually do have the urge to play MGS2 now.

You're your own master now.

elf help book posted:

hell yeah me too

gj all around also space ghost c2c ftw

copy
Jul 26, 2007

started MGS1 tonight and i didnt remember the briefing tapes and the background info recapping MG1 and MG2 from playing this when i was younger. Just skipped right past that stuff. Watched/read it all thist ime to get properly hyped for the playthrough. I love this series way more than I remembered

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Snake Tales ABCDE complete. The last one is absurd. Worth it for the weird as hell credits remix lol

: Beat All Snake Tales

I am way out of practice fighting RAYs so I died to knee rockets about 10 times. The final boss seemed ridiculous, and it was, I beat him with one pixel of health left, but it only took a couple tries

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7HM-DNwayI

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What the gently caress. That first dude didn't even feel asleep!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I watched the whole thing and it was worth it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh yeah... THAT happened.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1549870822021529601

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

id check out the furry metal gear solid but im not clicking a kotaku article

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lol

elf help book posted:

id check out the furry metal gear solid but im not clicking a kotaku article

Harsh, but fair

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol nice job, snake tales are rad

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Beat the game -
Beat Revengeance mode -

elf help book posted:

hell yeah me too

nice job! looking at the death count and sweating. how many were to Armstrong

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

is Snake Eater 3D an accurate representation of MGS3 or is it wacky like Twin Snakes?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its normal

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s normal and it has Yoshi. It’s the definitive version really.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mbt posted:

nice job! looking at the death count and sweating. how many were to Armstrong

Oh, easily half, probably more. Would have been less if I knew you just needed to survive and dodge during the swordless phase, not actually hurt him.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i died a bunch to final phase armstrong, only getting him down to 175% health at best, then finally i equipped health packs, took a single hit again around the same time instantly using up 3 health packs, and then didnt take another hit the rest of the fight and easily beat him

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book posted:

i died a bunch to final phase armstrong, only getting him down to 175% health at best, then finally i equipped health packs, took a single hit again around the same time instantly using up 3 health packs, and then didnt take another hit the rest of the fight and easily beat him

Oh yeah a tip I found from a YouTube comment is that if you save on the middle of the fight after getting the health packs then you'll start the fight with them when you die. Really helped not having to do the fight perfectly.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i was pretty stubborn about not using them otherwise so i just had 5, i used them for monsoon as well because of the blade mode getting impossible as the fight goes on

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol nice job, snake tales are rad

the Emma one had a shootout that really sucked but I did like the rest, dying to RAY so much and having to punch solidus and all. definitely recommend not immediately doing the obvious thing and actually playing through about 5 of the Raiden vr missions in the last one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1549580024906657792

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

snake eater 3d’s controls feel weird and it took me 10 minutes to find the backpack

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

snake eater 3d’s controls feel weird and it took me 10 minutes to find the backpack

lol I remember having similar issues at first, though playing peace walker before helped

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the 3d turns off when naked snake's eye gets ruined. also its kinda like if mgs3 was released on the n64

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

just accidentally hit L2 on the MGS2 main menu and scared the poo poo out of myself, never knew about that

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Mia Wasikowska posted:

the 3d turns off when naked snake's eye gets ruined. also its kinda like if mgs3 was released on the n64

little details like that rule

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

gonna finish this tonight i think.

: Find the Hidden Tape

tmfc posted:

trophies

tmfc fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 22, 2022

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ppl posting about mgr lately reminded me of one of my favorite bits where Boris fires a rocket at the desperado chopper and when they throw flares out hes all like "FLARES!!??" like how could a chopper have flares no way lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

ArfJason posted:

ppl posting about mgr lately reminded me of one of my favorite bits where Boris fires a rocket at the desperado chopper and when they throw flares out hes all like "FLARES!!??" like how could a chopper have flares no way lol

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ArfJason posted:

lol