Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
thank you for your service. I will have to write some down there were many excellent suggestions

after much deliberation looks like tonight will be:
Mindwarp
Eurovision: The Story of Fire Saga
and if we are still awake, House of Flying Daggers

I also made beer cheese dip, this is a heck of a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

redreader posted:

I'm not in the market for anything right now but is the dynavap really THAT good? I have a fury edge and love it. Can someone who has used both say what the deal is, please? I only use the fury edge for flower. I don't do dabs, whatever those are.

The fury edge, like all battery vapes, is like a sippy cup. The weed comes out of it in long, slow drags, and it takes maybe 4-5 minutes to finish a bowl from preheat if you hurry. The dynavap heats very fast, because fire is better than a small battery at getting hot very fast, and since you've put ALL of the heat into it at the front of the hit you get a chunky, delicious, front loaded rip that starts heavy and tapers fast with a beginning and an end like a combustion hit. Especially on the bong, it's just so much more satisfying than the long sip. It's also a lot quicker and easier wherever you may be to refill a butane lighter than to charge a battery, so it's never going to be just out of commission because it's dead. I own a fury edge but trying to use it on the bong is like a sad joke compared to the dynavap. For me it's just for if I want to be more covert somewhere than the dynavap allows.

If you ever owned a vaporgenie, and you remember how it could deliver an absolute monster of a hit if you got it just right, the dynavap has brought better temp control to bear and can get there reliably without you or your friends having to learn a new skill to do it successfully

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 16, 2022

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for the replies! I'll probably get one, some day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got a dynavap a few years ago and am not a fan. It just doesn't work nearly as well as smoking it or using a regular vape.

I stopped using it a long time ago. Plus all of the butane lighters I got for it sucked and died quickly which was frustrating. I think I even had to contact dynavap customer service for issues with it. I still have it but don't use it. Although I'm sure they've come out with better versions since then.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Triple filtered Moroccan import hash under the microscope.

It's so nice... mmm.....

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I started with weed recently and had a bit of an oopsie with some sensi star flower.

I'd used it in a flowermate nano for a while and thought I knew what it was like. Ran some of it through my dynavap and got uncomfortably high for the first time in a while.

Still have a bit to learn with the dyna apparenlty.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I'm really enjoying my dynavap, it's small, it's convenient, easy to clean, and it hits as smooth and cool as my buddy's giant two-chamber mad scientist looking bullshit waterpipe.

It seems significantly less efficient at extracting every bit of THC from the weed as good 'ol just smokin' it, but weed's cheap and I don't have a tolerance yet.

I do still wish I had the lungs I did when I was a teenager, and I could just smoke a dime bag out of a $0.25 soda can from Safeway, varnish and all.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
I had surgery coming up, which forced me to stop smoking because anesthesia or something, so when it came time to stop smoking I decided that I wanted to go on full a t-break instead. Started May 9th, and went through June 10th when I was finally over it, but I couldn't smoke still because the surgery was another two weeks away. So that's all I've had since 6/10. Don't get me wrong, I love edibles, but the anticipation and wait for the high to hit just doesn't do it for me as much as other methods.

Anyways. I'm finally home from surgery recovery, which means I was able to pick up some flower and roll a joint for the first time in over two months.

I'm soaring and it's wonderful.

Weed for surgery recovery highly recommended.

Also I just bought a Starship because I have no impulse control.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Frozen Peach posted:

Also I just bought a Starship because I have no impulse control.

at least you're among friends lol

it owns so much, what a ridiculous device

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Finally, innovation

https://youtu.be/c2YLwTEdNkI

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Weed.

:dukedog:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
weed update - finally got approved for prescription weed
:frogc00l:

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Code Jockey posted:

it owns so much, what a ridiculous device

I'm in outer space

I can't feel a thing

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Frozen Peach posted:

I'm in outer space

I can't feel a thing

lol I have almost the same usb cable on my desk, and I've used it for the starship

I made a tincture in the MBM last night, and even after straining in their mesh bag, and running it through a coffee filter... it's very, very green, it is like vantagreen

and I'm rather excited to try it after work

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Frozen Peach posted:

I'm in outer space

I can't feel a thing

lmao

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

how quickly does the starship deplete the carts?

i wanna get me some of that but carts are $50 a whack here and I can't afford to blow through all three in a week

obv depends on intake but I average a .5g cart a week or so

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Critical posted:

I tried to figure this out once

for some reason I forgot to finish the experiment

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Critical posted:

3x longer than it would take you to deplete a normal cart

it's like my dad's logic for lite beer, it has 1/3rd less calories so he could drink 1/3rd more beer

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

WampaLord posted:

3x longer than it would take you to deplete a normal cart

it's like my dad's logic for lite beer, it has 1/3rd less calories so he could drink 1/3rd more beer

lmao I am too high and I puzzled over this entirely too long

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Frozen Peach posted:

I'm in outer space

I can't feel a thing

Does that...fire three vape carts at once

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Inspector Hound posted:

Yup, also comes with three ceramic chamber things to vape three concentrates at once

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1549990587524435969

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Frozen Peach posted:

I'm in outer space

I can't feel a thing

this is incredible.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

it loving oooooooowns

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Is it different than just sticking three pen vapes in your mouth or basically just a fancier way of doing that?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It has a little more utility as you can mix-and-match vape carts with dab coils and it comes with an adapter that lets you run it through a waterpipe, but effectively yes it's a big fancy weed toy

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Dang, the vong be tiny

I'm on the lookout for a compatible bong now

Unfortunately glass slides and stems are not the done way here, we mostly do 10mm anodised aluminium piping

This may make things tricky, but oh well

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
So a question that probably doesn’t really matter at all, how does it handle carts with different resistances? Same voltage to all three, or balanced so each cart gets the same number of watts?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What a dog poo poo grow

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jestery posted:

Dang, the vong be tiny

I'm on the lookout for a compatible bong now

Unfortunately glass slides and stems are not the done way here, we mostly do 10mm anodised aluminium piping

This may make things tricky, but oh well

I got a dynavap, and the titanium tip, a few months ago and used it a bunch, now I'm like back on one hitters cause I need to conserve, these things save me so much weed and I can smoke all the time:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
One hitters are great until you've taken 3 hits back to back and it gets hot. Or when you get a hot lunch. Or a big glob of resin in the mouth.

Get you a pack of Ream n Klean pipe cleaners.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

LifeSunDeath posted:

I got a dynavap, and the titanium tip, a few months ago and used it a bunch, now I'm like back on one hitters cause I need to conserve, these things save me so much weed and I can smoke all the time:

The vape, ABV& one hitter is super powerful and efficient

Personally I'm partial to the heavy body stone of brownies and avb makes that super easy ,and imo, the less smoke the better. but that's just me

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

They hosed it up. Of course they hosed it up. It's Missouri. What were they going to do? Not gently caress it up??

https://missouriindependent.com/2022/07/18/fate-of-missouri-marijuana-initiative-petition-unclear-as-signature-count-continues/

Fate of Missouri marijuana initiative petition unclear as signature count continues posted:

Whether Missouri voters will get a chance to legalize recreational marijuana in November is still in question.

The latest incomplete tabulations from Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft’s office, obtained under a Sunshine Law request, show the Legal Missouri 2022 initiative is short of the necessary signatures in four of the six Congressional districts necessary to make the ballot.

And those same tabulations confirm what backers of a ranked-choice voting initiative called Better Elections said in June — their proposal will not be on the November ballot.

The biggest obstacles for the initiative campaigns was the COVID-19 pandemic that made signature gathering difficult and a large number of signatures from unregistered people, said Sean Nicholson, campaign manager for Better Elections.

“It was a catastrophic failure on the part of Fieldworks,” Nicholson said of the Washington, D.C. firm paid more than $8 million total by the two campaigns to collect signatures. “We turned in signatures in the belief we had the stuff.”

Fieldworks has managed several successful signature-gathering efforts in Missouri, including a 2020 proposal on Medicaid expansion and a 2018 referendum on right to work.

Fieldworks is also disappointed in the result, the company said in a statement to The Independent.

“We share our client’s frustration,” the statement said. “Signature gathering campaigns have faced unprecedented challenges in the last two years everywhere in the country. Our industry is not immune from the current workforce conditions.”

Each of the campaigns claimed when their signatures were submitted in May that they had far more signatures than necessary to make the ballot. Better Elections boasted more than 300,000 signatures and Legal Missouri said it had in excess of 385,000 signatures.

When Better Elections realized in June that it was unlikely to succeed, it issued a statement that the effort would be renewed in the future.

“Stay tuned,” spokesman Scott Charton said Monday, declining to discuss specific plans.

Legal Missouri expressed confidence that its initiative effort, where it boosted paid signature gathering with volunteers, would succeed. John Payne, Legal Missouri campaign manager, said he still expects the initiative to make the ballot.

“Having turned in nearly 400,000 signatures from Missourians who want to become the 20th state to regulate, tax and legalize cannabis, we are confident about being on this November’s ballot,” Payne said in a statement to The Independent.

Both the Legal Missouri and Better Elections initiatives were proposed constitutional amendments, meaning they needed signatures from registered voters equal to 8% of the vote from the 2020 gubernatorial election in each of six of the state’s eight congressional districts.

Legal Missouri has sufficient signatures in the 1st District in St. Louis and St. Louis County, where validation is complete, and the 5th District, Kansas City and adjoining regions, where only Lafayette County has yet to report.

But it lacks the required signatures in the 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th districts. In the 2nd and 3rd districts, St. Charles has not reported and could deliver enough signatures to be sufficient. But with 13 counties with tiny populations left to report in the 6th, and three counties in the 7th uncounted, both appear unlikely to obtain the almost 5,000 additional signatures needed in each district.

The bulk of the Legal Missouri effort in the 2nd and 3rd districts was in St. Charles County, Payne said, and the campaign is confident it will return enough valid signatures to make up the difference in those two districts. In the other districts, he said, “the gap you are seeing at the moment is just because they haven’t reported their numbers yet. All of our signatures went through a rigorous quality control process, so we know what we have in each district.”

The Legal Missouri initiative would expand the current medical marijuana businesses program by allowing existing licensees to serve both medical and non-medical purchasers. There would be an additional 144 licenses for what will be known as “microbusiness facilities,” with six dispensaries and 12 wholesale facilities in each congressional district. It would also require expungement of marijuana offenses from criminal records.

Better Elections did not have sufficient signatures in the 1st District, where tabulation is complete.

County election officials have until July 26 to complete their review of signatures for their counties. If either is sufficient, Ashcroft has until Aug. 9 to issue a statement certifying them for the ballot...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

it took a solid 4 gubernatorial terms to pass rec in NM, rumblings started under Richardson, then he hosed everything up and got Martinez elected to two terms in which she did everything in her power to successfully stifle rec (because her Republican DA rear end and her husband own a huge stake in a medical op while shittalking weed constantly in public), and then it finally passed at the end of Grisham's term once everyone in the legislature felt that they got a sufficient piece of the pie. This is in a very blue state.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

It's going to be hilarious if fukken Arkansas manages to pull this poo poo off before Missouri can figure out how to stop stubbing its dick trying to get it on the God drat ballot.

Oh well, maybe Missouri's legislature will get it done during the next congressional session!

(lol)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Time_pants posted:

It's going to be hilarious if fukken Arkansas manages to pull this poo poo off before Missouri can figure out how to stop stubbing its dick trying to get it on the God drat ballot.

Oh well, maybe Missouri's legislature will get it done during the next congressional session!

(lol)

Who knows it might become federally legal before... Ok I can't finish that sentence without laughing and sobbing.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

All you have to do is find your governor's blackface photos

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

My buddy has been going to some "pop up dispensaries" in Houston. Apparently this poo poo gets advertised on apps and they move locations every week, but the weed is straight from CA or CO and good and they sell it like it's a legal situation, even give you free prerolls and edibles. Weed is still mega illegal here but in Harris county it's nearly decriminalized for under 2 ounces.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Nearly decriminalized?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Nearly decriminalized?

The DA a while back made this pronouncement that they would no longer prosecute weed under 4 ounces and instead give tickets and a class, and nothing on your record. So it's like not a law but they won't prosecute you, supposedly.

that's from NORML's website btw.

sadly this is not the case in Galveston county where I'm at.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 22, 2022