Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Per enemy, per hit. Most characters physically can't drain them but Ayato can against 2+ enemies and C1 Fischl/C6 Yoi can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The Mona puzzles are fun and cool :colbert:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, C2 Itto is very powerful. I've got him on a Benntt/Itto/Albedo/Zhongli team to wipe out the requests and he's just always got a burst ready to go. And aside from Bennet this team doesn't really make a lot of energy right? (Bennet is C5, Itto is C2, everyone else is 0)

Yeah, his mono-Geo team is probably my most universally strong team (though Yoimiya/Yelan team exceeds it in its single-target damage, which is completely bonkers). You can basically maintain his burst constantly and repeatedly hit for like 40+k during it.

Do you have Gorou? He's a big benefit, especially if you have his C6. Possibly more than Albedo, even without C6.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The whole fun of gorou is running him with Albedo + Itto to double up on the def buff value!

Btw. My biggest wish is a character that can actually use DEF+EM. So far zero characters care about that stat combination. And I have some very strange pieces I'm holding onto.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

The whole fun of gorou is running him with Albedo + Itto to double up on the def buff value!

Btw. My biggest wish is a character that can actually use DEF+EM. So far zero characters care about that stat combination. And I have some very strange pieces I'm holding onto.

I do insane things like hold onto DEF artifacts from healing artifact sets, or even 4*-only sets.

The latter actually did pay off once. Yunjin seems to benefit primarily from stacking a ton of defense (since I think her burst only cares about that and is the source of most of her damage), so I gave her two pieces from the 4* defense set and two pieces from the newer 5* defense set.

Edit: Oh wait, apparently she has all Opulent Dreams and it's Gorou with the two 4* pieces. I might want to change that, since I don't think Gorou's buffs care about your raw defense value and he would benefit more from the buff to Geo damage.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 21, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

No Wave posted:

Vape/melt spin2win Xinyan+C6 Bennett :v:

Hmm, or maybe Chong, with Xinyan reverse melting her own Pyro...

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Endorph posted:

Besides Yoimiya she only really works with Hu Tao, Ayato, and Noelle, and I guess physical fischl.

she also works for childe :eng101:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Would she work for Keqing? Or does Keqing's weird infusion not work with her?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I do insane things like hold onto DEF artifacts from healing artifact sets, or even 4*-only sets.

The latter actually did pay off once. Yunjin seems to benefit primarily from stacking a ton of defense (since I think her burst only cares about that and is the source of most of her damage), so I gave her two pieces from the 4* defense set and two pieces from the newer 5* defense set.

Edit: Oh wait, apparently she has all Opulent Dreams and it's Gorou with the two 4* pieces. I might want to change that, since I don't think Gorou's buffs care about your raw defense value and he would benefit more from the buff to Geo damage.
Yeah - Gorou's DEF value is only relevant for his (low) burst damage and his C4 healing.

Eimi posted:

Would she work for Keqing? Or does Keqing's weird infusion not work with her?
It works, but Keq's normal attack string is so ehhhhh...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, Yun Jin doesn't help DPSers who like to use attacks other than the basic NA string (and also aren't a slow attacker).

The only one of those I like to use is Aloy, and she has needs that spending a slot on Yun Jin would interfere with. So I'll probably be keeping her in storage for a while until they come out with someone like Heizou but NA-based.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Everett False posted:

Being able to watch official Genshin videos without being algorithmically haunted by gamer weirdos is on-topic :colbert: I don't think the base version of SkyTube offers any advantage aside from letting you use F-Droid, if F-Droid is something you already use to manage open-source android apps. If you don't, might as well get the extra version.

Yeah I just installed it and already a fan. Less ads, actual control over I want to see and don't, and even getting some of the kind of content I used to see last year more when just looking for random videos. At home I can probably just install a video blocker program on Chrome to do much the same I figure. Literally just blocking 3 specific channels cleaned up the algorithm immensely.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Barbie please go home,

and get your superior voice acting restored

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I wish I could pick the VA language on a character by character basis. I want Kaeya in English, Paimon in Korean, and Barbara in Japanese. Everyone speaking totally different languages and no one acknowledging it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I would legitimately have rolled for Klee if I could switch off to only her JP voice.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Everett False posted:

I wish I could pick the VA language on a character by character basis. I want Kaeya in English, Paimon in Korean, and Barbara in Japanese. Everyone speaking totally different languages and no one acknowledging it.

Tekken does this, except there isn't a language filter. Everyone is just omni-languistic.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fischl is very cool

e: the gently caress were they thinking with these lying raven quests forcing you to listen to the dialogue every time? that is loving crazy.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 22, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nyoro posted:

e: the gently caress were they thinking with these lying raven quests forcing you to listen to the dialogue every time? that is loving crazy.

Pretty sure the thinking was "well otherwise they're just gonna guess and not solve it at all"

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
The ravens would be fine if there wasn't an incredibly lengthy pause after every line.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Pretty sure the thinking was "well otherwise they're just gonna guess and not solve it at all"

This is true but then I just youtube'd the answers so lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyoro posted:

That quest kind of confused me. The answer seems like it ended up being the obvious choice where at the end of the dialogue it just explicitly says "ha, you were deceived!" Had trouble figuring out what was going on.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Armed with a new kitted out Fischl freshly at C6 I've made a team of Yelan/Fischl/Shinobu/Kazuha and it's quite a bit of fun and slaps real good. I'm wondering if it's more worth it to have Yelan or Fischl be the on field driver while Yelan's burst is up given how the DMG bonus ramp up works.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Armed with a new kitted out Fischl freshly at C6 I've made a team of Yelan/Fischl/Shinobu/Kazuha and it's quite a bit of fun and slaps real good. I'm wondering if it's more worth it to have Yelan or Fischl be the on field driver while Yelan's burst is up given how the DMG bonus ramp up works.
I have this but with Heizou instead of Kazuha and it's insanely stupidly fun and funny, and also answers the "who stays out and procs everything" question with "the guy swirling everything so fast that you just have a wall of green and purple and blue numbers in front of you now"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, his mono-Geo team is probably my most universally strong team (though Yoimiya/Yelan team exceeds it in its single-target damage, which is completely bonkers). You can basically maintain his burst constantly and repeatedly hit for like 40+k during it.

Do you have Gorou? He's a big benefit, especially if you have his C6. Possibly more than Albedo, even without C6.

It's just requests so it's really low stakes but I do have C6 Gorou. I just wanted to bring Bennet in case something went wrong (It did, I blew up barrels, Itto nearly died via different means, it was good to have him) Gorou just doesn't heal very well.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing I noticed when looking at that team DPS simulation website is that it features many teams without any healer or shielder. Are those just there because they theoretically have higher DPS? I wouldn't want to attempt any difficult content without some way to heal or negate damage.

RareAcumen posted:

It's just requests so it's really low stakes but I do have C6 Gorou. I just wanted to bring Bennet in case something went wrong (It did, I blew up barrels, Itto nearly died via different means, it was good to have him) Gorou just doesn't heal very well.

Yeah, I don't need one as much due to Zhongli.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Most of these teams are for Abyss, and in Abyss if you get hit and die you can just restart the floor. Some people still prefer to do abyss with a healer/shielder for consistency and because you don't need *that* much DPS, but there's a balancing act between 'high enough DPS to compensate for worse artifacts/talent levels/etc compared to the sim' and 'enough healing/shielding that you don't have to restart the floor 50 times,' and which way you lean is a matter of preference.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

qiqi is the best audience member.

Also this is definitely a thing people wanted, and shockingly they've delivered it in the shittiest way possible. Love to wait ages to advance what amounts to a text box.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Also this is definitely a thing people wanted, and shockingly they've delivered it in the shittiest way possible. Love to wait ages to advance what amounts to a text box.

TY Mr. Mongul for gifting us oblivion

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Zenostein posted:

qiqi is the best audience member.

I'm here for the summer event's twist ending being "all of that whimsy and puzzlesolving was just the characters hallucinating as they bake to death in a giant stone construct and drink sea water. In canon these 6 characters are dead going forward."

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mona's puzzles are cool, lol that this is all temporary content

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i do hope they evetnually add event replay, project sekai adds every event to the archive literally the second it ends and that game makes nearly as much money as genshin despite having even less reason to roll for characters than genshin. i feel like showing off more of the characters to new players would lead to higher sales than FOMO. like when they eventually release scaramouche or something i feel like the event he was in would be half the reason anyone rolls for him

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
The Dragonspine music still slaps hard. I doubt they ever will, but I'd love if they did more with the area.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

i do hope they evetnually add event replay, project sekai adds every event to the archive literally the second it ends and that game makes nearly as much money as genshin despite having even less reason to roll for characters than genshin. i feel like showing off more of the characters to new players would lead to higher sales than FOMO. like when they eventually release scaramouche or something i feel like the event he was in would be half the reason anyone rolls for him

Yeah even if it means missing out on the rewards, though having some way to get some of the weapons would be nice? Like Albedo's sword which is unique and good for any def scaling sword user but uh gently caress you if you're a new player or missed it. (like me)

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Everett False posted:

I've been wanting this forever, and now that "more party slots please" is actually happening I can change my final survey answer to this!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

I assume you're joking about Project Sekai making on average over $100 millionish a month for emphasis on the point that Genshin is oddly lacking certain features that are pretty common in RPG's and live service games. The only real games that seem to be in the same class (at least on mobile) as Genshin are things like Honor of Kings and Game for Peace in China and Candy Crush Saga and Roblox on a global scale, though it usually seems to outdo the latter 2. I honestly don't know why Genshin makes quite as much money as it does monthly considering the game isn't really built around any sort of P2W incentives. I guess the trailers and hype beast drip marketing on social media must just put in that much work and people just really really REALLY like most of the characters.

I still think in particular the Unreconciled Stars event should be added to the archive in some form even if it's just like some sort of visual novel version of it, as it somehow feels kind of important with what Scaramouche hints at as the true nature of the world. As it stands the only way I got to see it and ones like the original Lantern Rite were through watching youtube videos. In some ways maybe this game is held back as a live service title by not being quite such a visual novel RPG structure as most that would make it easier to just archive certain events.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I'm liking this open ended new survey about bosses and monsters. Also I enjoy La Signora's boss design. I find it fun to fight her.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Helical Nightmares posted:

Also I enjoy La Signora's boss design. I find it fun to fight her.
Well, good news, I'm pretty sure the Sumeru desert is going to bring back the heat mechanic that everyone loves so much, and every boss has a time wasting attack like Signora's tornado phase.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Incoherence posted:

Well, good news, I'm pretty sure the Sumeru desert is going to bring back the heat mechanic that everyone loves so much, and every boss has a time wasting attack like Signora's tornado phase.

Uggghhhhhhhh

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It's painful but fine in exploration but it feels useless in the Signoria fight where I'm either overheated/cold or not with no inbetween.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Personally I look forward to Fontaine where they will implement the Law System from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and violating the laws of the day will send you to jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I was asked to review the Raiden boss and I gave her very high marks. I think it's a really awesome fight, by far my favorite of the bosses for the phase of the game I'm at, I wouldn't change a thing except adding a second move type for the jump rope phase because it gets a little repetitive doing it every week. It's a little hard compared to everything else but it just feels good, just fun attacking and dodging and getting to unload when she's staggered.

I was also asked to review spectres. My first "very unsatisfied" response ever.