Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
There's only one source I trust on Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YeCpHoy9EQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I don’t know if it holds up but god bless that movie for queering up a generation real good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's also Just One of the Girls, a Corey Haim movie from the early 90s which seemed quite insane from the first 5 minutes or so from memory.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Lobok posted:

lol you learn Shakespeare from anime?

I know Twelfth Night from Amanda Byne's She's the Man like a cultured person.

Gripweed has never watched anything BUT anime come on now

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

caligulamprey posted:

I don’t know if it holds up but god bless that movie for queering up a generation real good.

Bless this movie for being PG-13, but still having boobs. Little me was very grateful for that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's not quite Fast Times at Ridgemont High but yeah young me was affected by that scene.

Joyce Hyser is no Phoebe Cates though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Awwww yeah, guess what went Public Domain this year!

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

caligulamprey posted:

Awwww yeah, guess what went Public Domain this year!

They’re cowards for not depicting the character in a shirt with no pants or underwear.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I actually think the idea of him wearing a red shirt is part of Disney's copyright that still stands, I wonder if they're going to push back on this they won't, they don't want to bring it more attention and they don't want to potentially have a judge state explicitly that it's bullshit, they'd rather ride the uncertainty.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Basically, yeah, the character is public domain, but Disney's depiction is at least still under trademark.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

That's the tagline they went with? Not something like "NOT SO SILLY ANYMORE"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

oh bother

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Remember Escape From Tomorrow? What a terrible movie with an interesting gimmick.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The best part is that the movie was clearly trying to bank on Disney taking legal action so they could get some attention from it, and Disney just....ignored them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/thecinesthetic/status/1550093525475332098?s=21&t=SnhrNbWo0g7EiHagpOcWwQ

I like it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Christopher Nolan Use Another Font Challenge

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Op, op op op, Oppenheimer style

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Christopher Nolan Use Another Font Challenge

On Adobe there's a Shiva font.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
That is not an ampersand anymore.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dungeons AND Dragons? In this economy?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Best we can afford is Monsters and Mazes.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Basements and Bigfoots

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Oppenheimer: Old Man Yells At Cloud

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like it is called Dungeons Dragons & Honor Among Thieves

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

GIVE ME THE ROD

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Man they have been killing it with Reiwa suits. Now we just need one of the shows to be good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1550238019717840896?s=20&t=vKaoW6EsI5K5ZWGaKB23XA

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

This is the adult version of RL Stine making sure a heap of Goosebumps books had a boy/girl pair. There's a boy detective for your dad to identify with and there's a girl detective for your mom

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Shoehead posted:

This is the adult version of RL Stine making sure a heap of Goosebumps books had a boy/girl pair.
What?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The TV version of The Girl Who Cried Monster is great for how much the title character and her brother gets excited about growing fangs and eating other monsters.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

did he hire some sound engineers this time

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I like how one of those covers is just Scary Piano Lessons.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Oh I don't mean like on the covers, I mean in the stories themselves. These are rad though

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Interesting decision not to use the iconic mushroom cloud in the background.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

1stGear posted:

did he hire some sound engineers this time

Nolan works with some of the most talented dialog editors, sound editors, and re-recording mixers on the planet. Most of them have told him "Chris, no one is going to be able to understand this", "Chris, this sounds awful", and "Chris, people are going to make fun of you again", but he doesn't give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018