Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sid Vicious posted:

everyone who acts like they like me is being paid by some shadowy cabal to make sure i dont kill myself
we at the shadowy cabal are only doing this because we care about you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sid Vicious posted:

everyone who acts like they like me is being paid by some shadowy cabal to make sure i dont kill myself

I will pay a shadow cabal to make sure you don't kill yourself

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’m just a little bit like :aaa: that people were posix literate in the 1400s. They figured out the scheduled core checks in 1451 and 1951 and avoided those. Basically just minted money out of this machine. Bought a ticket into the future. Yeah it was gross and they are terrible people and they were probably responsible for slavery and both world wars (advancing on the Iron Maiden and reclaiming it). But also the first modern hackers. :rip:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

Whoa buddy. You're on to something....

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Sid Vicious posted:

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Farts are stored in the rear end cheeks.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

Farts are stored in the rear end cheeks.

You're born with only one fart, that leaks out a bit out each time. When you're outta gas you're outta luck ☠️

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Sid Vicious posted:

If someone has the same opinions as me it's because my brainwaves altered reality and reprogrammed them into agreeing with me.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Analytic Engine posted:

You're born with only one fart, that leaks out a bit out each time. When you're outta gas you're outta luck ☠️

i think this is the core tenet of Taoism

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

You are eligible for the inductives required for most cognitive diseases mostly by the lens through which you dissect reality and life as it comes at you.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Analytic Engine posted:

if this were true I'd have been dead 20 years ago :itwaspoo:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I talk to most people on social media like they're bots, because 95% of the time it's true or otherwise may as well be

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
There was a man in the late 80s who wanted to do an educational cartoon about the lives of the renaissance masters

Hollywood producers said they loved it, offered the guy coke and prostitutes

In the morning the contract was signed with the following conditions:
-The renaissance masters lived in the sewer
-The renaissance masters knew karate
-The renaissance masters were half turtle

The man killed himself and hollywood covered it up

phobo
Aug 7, 2008

poverty goat posted:

Did your butt have a slow leak or something? What happened 20 years ago!?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

poverty goat posted:

You haven't farted in 20 years???

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The people in charge of Facebook are purposely making it worse as an experiment to see how terrible they can make it before people start leaving in significant numbers.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I'm convinced "El Chapo" de Guzman is going to follow through on his declaration to personally assassinate Trump; which he made just after Don's "Mexican immigrants are all drug dealers and rapists" speech in 2016.

El Chapo's cartel broke him out of prison twice in Mexico by boring tunnels beneath the prisons he was in.

After making his declaration he was extradited to the USA a few months later. He's now in a Colorado prison I believe. I also vaguely remember something about lawyers for the Koch brothers being involved in expediating the expedition. Either way he has billions of dollars behind him and I suspect there is a plan to break him out and bringing him to the USA was just a ploy to get him set up.

It's been 6 years though, so he may be playing a long con. I enjoy the fantasy though.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Me at the Shadowy Cabal meeting:

Next on the sinister agenda... Timmy is being ruthlessly bullied, and his single mom is hitting to bottle too hard to care.

What if we were to... Frighten his bullies, pay for his college education, and offer his mom support resources?

"Mwhahahahaha! Yes, yes... Let's pay for one of the fancy schools too!"

Being nice evil seems like more fun than mean evil.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Slash was actually the bad gun and rose

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint and Smugworth are each different personalities of someone with multiple personality disorder.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

BigBadSteve posted:

William Henry Hairytaint and Smugworth are each different personalities of someone with multiple personality disorder.

Sounds like something only a 3rd personality would know :mods:

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Tin foil hats really do protect from government mind control rays, that's why they took it away from us and gave us aluminum foil. They pretend like it didn't even happen.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Colleges purposely sabotage online degree programs to justify charging so much and restricting access to any on-campus programs or courses. They know that if they actually created viable and affordable online programs, several low-enrollment colleges all over would start actually being able to offer and price the same programs at a much lower rates and make people question if $100K+ student loans to attend a campus was really still worth it.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Lol this led me down the Laurel Canyon rabbithole/abyss.

https://www.sott.net/article/155794...neration-Part-1

Who knows what's real here, the point is its vast and full of juicy murders and suicides, famous assholes doing sick poo poo, the full treatment.
Ive never seen all these people from different conspiracies get tied together in a vast red string fuckfest.

Easily as entertaining as Elroys "lets wack Jack dynamic" mob/spook fanfic.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Serj Tankian is, and has always been, a Sacha Baron Cohen character.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
The push for electric vehicles is a conspiracy for large corporations to reduce costs through increased ability to plan, streamline production and delivery, and the ability to nickel and dime the customer. Here is my case:

-If your daily range is about 400 miles before needing a charge, most people will self-select into not driving further than that for vacations, as the thought of having to wait at a charger for an hour or so is abysmal. This will allow companies to plan the most efficient placement for fulfillment/distribution centers, as well as more closely track tourism dollar flow.
-Electric vehicles allow for even more subscription services for things like heated seats, camera usage, digital assistant activation, etc. This means car companies can slim down their model offerings to just a few models and charge you a subscription to activate the features. Your car could be 1000hp or have 4WD so long as your subscription is active.
-These effects will combine and push even more people to city centers which for all large corporations will reduce the cost of labor. Once machine learning automates enough computer-based jobs the populace will be even more reliant on corporate and government handouts as by then the fields in the country will be managed autonomously/remotely.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Irregardless posted:

...the populace will be even more reliant on corporate and government handouts...

This is the flaw in your theory. Corporations will never give anyone handouts or allow the government to tax them enough to pay for government handouts. Instead, it's more likely the economy would collapse and then the corporations would just :killing: as the trillionaires of the world become overglorified post-apocalyptic preppers with their own compounds.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

run on sentience posted:

Anyway, for my own content, I sometimes think google secretly has the technology to have their devices read minds. There have just been so many times when I've received extremely specific targeted ads about something I merely thought about and never typed or spoke that I question how it could just be an algorithm or coincidence.

You might find this interesting, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QL4bz3QXWEo&t=126

This one might be better, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIXhnWUmMvw

digitalist fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 22, 2022

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

JFK was shot in the head by the secret service when one of their weapons accidentally discharged during the panic of Oswald's first two shots.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Last Chance posted:

JFK was shot in the head by the secret service when one of their weapons accidentally discharged during the panic of Oswald's first two shots.

this theory is straight-up "cracked"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

When you die your sense of time expands, so that your last minutes are spent experiencing subjective days of your mind and body failing, trapped in a decaying universe of yourself. Neuroscientists know but don't talk about it or study it directly because that's awful and there's nothing you can do about it

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
People focus on jfk's death so much that nobody knows how he lived. And i don't think that's an accident

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

When you die your sense of time expands, so that your last minutes are spent experiencing subjective days of your mind and body failing, trapped in a decaying universe of yourself. Neuroscientists know but don't talk about it or study it directly because that's awful and there's nothing you can do about it

this has grave implications for the One Fart hypothesis

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Analytic Engine posted:

this has grave implications for the One Fart hypothesis

that part's actually the one upside

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Irregardless posted:

-If your daily range is about 400 miles before needing a charge, most people will self-select into not driving further than that for vacations, as the thought of having to wait at a charger for an hour or so is abysmal.

what? :confused:

drive 400 miles, stop an hour for lunch and charge while you eat, drive another 400 miles. 800 miles is like 11 hours of driving, which is already more per day than most people do on a typical road trip. so i don't see how electric cars will result in shorter car trips.

not to mention, airplanes exist, and are still very popular for vacation travel.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Yaldabaoth posted:

This is the flaw in your theory. Corporations will never give anyone handouts or allow the government to tax them enough to pay for government handouts. Instead, it's more likely the economy would collapse and then the corporations would just :killing: as the trillionaires of the world become overglorified post-apocalyptic preppers with their own compounds.

In the long term you may be right but you underestimate redneck ingenuity wrt weeding out all but the strongest trillionaires from their hideouts. Not to mention the trillionaires would have to have lots of people in their employ to guard the fields and there’s no way they’d be able to enforce much more than their force would need to survive each year. Make a clearing around the trillionaire bunker and game won’t cross the open zone making meat much harder to come by for those holed up.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Earwicker posted:

what? :confused:

drive 400 miles, stop an hour for lunch and charge while you eat, drive another 400 miles. 800 miles is like 11 hours of driving, which is already more per day than most people do on a typical road trip. so i don't see how electric cars will result in shorter car trips.

not to mention, airplanes exist, and are still very popular for vacation travel.

Airplanes exist and fully track every person using them which may be something someone wouldn’t want to deal with.

Plane plus rental car for a family of four is far more expensive than just driving a vehicle you already own.

It’d be more accurate to say that you’d get maybe 400 miles, then stop and eat for fifteen minutes and hope that you have a charger you can use immediately upon arrival, that is a fast enough charger to give you maybe another 200 miles within an hour’s time of getting on the charger in the first place, that is hopefully a nicer place to wait like a Love’s instead of any random truck stop in the middle of nowhere, where you will likely have to have a charging time slot for your car if your hotel doesn’t have enough working chargers, or sit at another station close to your hotel to charge your car for the next day. The headache of charging the car is a much more significant problem than people think about once scaled up to everyone owning one. This all assumes there’s a universal charger that will charge all models of cars. All of these things put together make a single-charge road trip far more palatable especially when you have kids.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Irregardless posted:

Airplanes exist and fully track every person using them which may be something someone wouldn’t want to deal with.

Plane plus rental car for a family of four is far more expensive than just driving a vehicle you already own.

It’d be more accurate to say that you’d get maybe 400 miles, then stop and eat for fifteen minutes and hope that you have a charger you can use immediately upon arrival, that is a fast enough charger to give you maybe another 200 miles within an hour’s time of getting on the charger in the first place, that is hopefully a nicer place to wait like a Love’s instead of any random truck stop in the middle of nowhere, where you will likely have to have a charging time slot for your car if your hotel doesn’t have enough working chargers, or sit at another station close to your hotel to charge your car for the next day. The headache of charging the car is a much more significant problem than people think about once scaled up to everyone owning one. This all assumes there’s a universal charger that will charge all models of cars. All of these things put together make a single-charge road trip far more palatable especially when you have kids.

luckily my phone has youtube

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Sid Vicious posted:

luckily my phone has youtube

It’d suck to have bad service at bucko’s gently caress stop in the valley of whatever mountain town you’re passing through. Read a book for two hours while you smell piss and hope the meth heads don’t bother you or your family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Irregardless posted:

"someone"? sure there are some individuals out there who are bothered enough by that kind of tracking that they avoid air travel. but i don't think it's remotely common, i seriously doubt it's a significant enough volume of such people that there is any meaningful effect on things like tourism and population shift.

quote:

The headache of charging the car is a much more significant problem than people think about once scaled up to everyone owning one. This all assumes there’s a universal charger that will charge all models of cars. All of these things put together make a single-charge road trip far more palatable especially when you have kids.

as electric vehicles become more popular, the large roadside plazas on interstates will likely shift their business models around the longer charge times. and while there isn't a truly "universal" charger yet, the vast majority of public charging stations use the "type 2" plug which seems to be quickly becoming a standard at least in the US.

i'm not sure where you get the idea that people will typically only want to stop for 15 minutes for lunch. i do a lot of road travel very frequently both as part of my job and for family reasons, and people spending an hour to eat while in the middle of a trip is very, very common already.

i travel all over the country so i can see the differences in places where there are a lot of electric cars and there already a lot of ev infrastructure out on the interstates, and place where there aren't. i don't think the change will be as significant as you think, in terms of effecting the amount of time people spend on the road and the distance they will travel. i'm sure it will effect some individuals but not to the point of causing population shifts.