Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I don't even remember. That'd have been 12 years ago at this point. I think it was just general payment for working on the site for years without pay and not for anything interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

so what do you actually "do" if you're a single account pilot living in a wormhole? i've dabbled in exploration before and i've heard of people that multibox dreads in some kind of combat sites in WHs, but how do you make isk to support your pvp habits?

ps you all should make an old geezers retirement home thread so you can talk about that one time you were space important or share stories about the awful things goons did

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
GOTEM

https://zkillboard.com/kill/102272234/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/102272241/

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Today's wordle is

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Today's wordle is

IMGAY

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

What I can’t brag about the kills I get with the homies?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

powerful typhoon fleet fit

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Good Dumplings posted:

We didn't act like sociopaths in Echoes, to the point that part of the reason Gooseflock got founded was because people didn't like how the original Echoes Goonswarm CEO did things. True though, we might have avoided it due to past experience teaching the founders how high-pressure MMO guilds suck insane amounts of poo poo.

What the hell is goose flock

Are you talking about goonswarm because my 2006-2014 was spent either behaving like a sociopath, encouraging others to behave like a sociopath, or watching people behave like a sociopath, and that’s just the poo poo I know about not being a member of leadership.

I’m sure not everyone’s gameplay experience was the same but organizationally goonswarm was built on kicking over sandcastles and making friends with people before rugpulling them.

Edit: actually isn’t echoes the mobile client because never mind I’m just an old man yelling at the clouds

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Goonswarm spy chat is very much giving me “Elon Musk wanting to buy Twitter so he can read Grimes’ DMs” vibes.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

aioli is just mayo posted:

Edit: actually isn’t echoes the mobile client because never mind I’m just an old man yelling at the clouds

Eve Echoes is a mobile game, but it's a whole separate game from Eve Online. It came out in 2020 and the first two weeks after launch had a speedrun of a full Goonswarm rise-and-collapse before Goosefleet rose from the ashes.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

And now the geese are coming home to roost as a life boat for Groomfleet refugees. Apparently.

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
I don't know what to put here.

WorkerThread posted:

so what do you actually "do" if you're a single account pilot living in a wormhole? i've dabbled in exploration before and i've heard of people that multibox dreads in some kind of combat sites in WHs, but how do you make isk to support your pvp habits?

ps you all should make an old geezers retirement home thread so you can talk about that one time you were space important or share stories about the awful things goons did

you just use that one account for pve.
Ideally you have stations to swap clones around, but your milage may vary.

eve really is the kind of game where multiple accounts is heavily encouraged but not required if you don't give a poo poo about min-maxing.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

WorkerThread posted:

Huff gas, or find a couple other similar minded goons that don't want to multibox and go farm as friends. Split the loot and make money to lose together.
Also, if someone rolls into you while ratting, you can all warp off except the dude being scrammed by rats so enjoy the gamble of "who's turn is it to die today"

--edit
Wormholes pay out a poo poo tonne better than null, but require a little more effort. So more people splitting the reward isn't as bad as it sounds

captainclaw fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 22, 2022

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah small fleet ratting in wormholes can be fairly fun and is decent money if you get on a roll and it's a good time just chilling on comm's with a couple of folks

tocooljim
Jan 6, 2009
So really what PCU over 30 days is going to be the mark where they start cutting staff and finish the death spiral before it ends up on lifesupport?

I saw they just recently increase omega prices recently so it probably is in the warning zone.

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
I don't know what to put here.

tocooljim posted:

So really what PCU over 30 days is going to be the mark where they start cutting staff and finish the death spiral before it ends up on lifesupport?

I saw they just recently increase omega prices recently so it probably is in the warning zone.

nawww. It'll live on.

Although the omega price increase is poo poo.

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Famous Groon Spai Ackbarre and yourself?

Now that you're back in Groon can I play Pyrion's Facade video.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

WorkerThread posted:

Huff Gas, do Exploration sites, you can run C3 wormhole anoms solo in a couple different hulls like the Praxis, I want to say Vagabond and Loki and I'm sure a bunch of other ones too. Use wormhole connections with a slippery 100mn stabber to steal ESS's. And do Wormhole PI, it's the best PI in game

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

KerenskyWhite posted:

need groon

ckbarrea

NEED GROON

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

KerenskyWhite posted:

Sure whatever floats your boat.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

tocooljim posted:

my wishful thinking / hope is they will sell off the game to someone who might actually want to change things and correctly interpret the numbers

edit: by 'they' I mean Pearl Abyss

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

I love and miss you Ackbarre.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
Ackbarre Need Status: Fulfilled

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
Also goose people, hit me in-game or in DMs or something with your diplo deets. We'd like to blue up various gf expat groups, and we can share fleets between your WH stuff and our bad roam stuff if desired.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

RustySeabutter posted:

Also goose people, hit me in-game or in DMs or something with your diplo deets. We'd like to blue up various gf expat groups, and we can share fleets between your WH stuff and our bad roam stuff if desired.

poo poo if this is actually happening... Any non shitlers want to buy capswarm fit nid or Chimera in delve hmu also have lots of subcaps fit to specs from last fall

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Jump on discord and grab someone with the power https://discord.gg/B5HrWRz4

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I haven't seen any updates from Atrum when it comes to reversing bans, but the last response I saw was that if they reverse any bans, then the individual has to apply for it. No proxies or anything.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY ACKBARRE

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

I haven't seen any updates from Atrum when it comes to reversing bans, but the last response I saw was that if they reverse any bans, then the individual has to apply for it. No proxies or anything.

please limit discussion to goon groups. pubbie discussion can go on reddit dot com

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
True the mandate of heaven has passed

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Feliday Melody posted:

I was working on it, but then Locke Erasmus had to go and edit in zxmagus's timeline on his venerable PvE ratting thread on his way out the door.

Now illum is looking for delta sleeper agents and my effort to try to get some bullshit bans (deadtear, a couple people that posted only in helldump) is ruined by nerds who have to poo poo on the carpet on their way out the door.

So at this point all I'm going to do is if a specific person wants to appeal their ban, just message me on discord, and I'll get you in contact with theadj or klavas and we can work the appeal. Otherwise I'm not wasting more effort on people bent on self-sabotage.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

andromache posted:

I was working on it, but then Locke Erasmus had to go and edit in zxmagus's timeline on his venerable PvE ratting thread on his way out the door.

salute emoji

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
it was a good edit

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

andromache posted:

Now illum is looking for delta sleeper agents and my effort to try to get some bullshit bans (deadtear, a couple people that posted only in helldump) is ruined by nerds who have to poo poo on the carpet on their way out the door.

So at this point all I'm going to do is if a specific person wants to appeal their ban, just message me on discord, and I'll get you in contact with theadj or klavas and we can work the appeal. Otherwise I'm not wasting more effort on people bent on self-sabotage.

groomfleet is unsalvageable, drop roles and join [GANDR]

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Sardonik posted:

I unsubscribed from PC gamer when one of their yearly top 100 lists put Skyrim as game #1, I stand by this decision

That's what it took? smh

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

andromache posted:

I feel like it's going to be a rough couple of weeks.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
sometimes you gotta let the fields lie fallow

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

bring back helldump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

andromache posted:

pretty sure delta did nothing wrong, you coward