Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

biglads posted:

I think it's time to post some facts

TRUSSY IS MORE OF A LEJ THAN ARE BORIS

We're tired of you experts with your facts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Darth Walrus posted:

Surprisingly brave take from an ex-Tory Labour MP with a very poor record on LGBT rights. Can't see how this will win him many friends in either his past or present circles:

https://twitter.com/christian4burys/status/1550041822596141059?s=21&t=reZu5lHxGgss1t9lo0gVVw

More like Christian Wokelord

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Darth Walrus posted:

Surprisingly brave take from an ex-Tory Labour MP with a very poor record on LGBT rights. Can't see how this will win him many friends in either his past or present circles:

https://twitter.com/christian4burys/status/1550041822596141059?s=21&t=reZu5lHxGgss1t9lo0gVVw

It's going to be hilarious if this gets him in trouble with the terf wing of the party

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

The UK media completely ignoring the Forde report is kind of eerie when you compare it to the shrieking hysteria of the Corbyn years, even to a bitter old cynic like me. Bring on Prime Minister Truss, the country thoroughly deserves it.

Day it was published "oh the heatwave is bigger news"

Days after "oh it's old news now we've got new news to report on instead, nothing to do with us"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-62260474

Live atm, all dumb people complaining because they thought 'hey lets go on holiday during the busiest time of the year I am sure no one else will think of this as well'

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I do remember reading a lot of very smug "Well flying has become awful these last few years, so we will be taking the ferry this year" comments in the last couple of weeks, guess that didn't work out so well after all...

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

Live atm, all dumb people complaining because they thought 'hey lets go on holiday during the busiest time of the year I am sure no one else will think of this as well'

When do you think people with children are meant to go on holiday?

All the “hah I’m glad these people are having their day ruined” spite around this is unpleasant tbh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

peanut- posted:

When do you think people with children are meant to go on holiday?

All the “hah I’m glad these people are having their day ruined” spite around this is unpleasant tbh

Not the first day of the six week holiday?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Marmaduke! posted:

I do remember reading a lot of very smug "Well flying has become awful these last few years, so we will be taking the ferry this year" comments in the last couple of weeks, guess that didn't work out so well after all...

Important news:

BBC posted:

Live: LIVE: Eurotunnel rejects French explanation for Dover delays

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yes, but it also affects other countries

I'm sure they all deserve it too.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Anyone still travelling with P&O deserves to be stuck in traffic for a day.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Shouldn’t have left the EU if you wanted free movement across borders. Enjoy your vacation in Slough.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I already live in yorkshire so cannot imagine why I would want to go other places.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

lilljonas posted:

Shouldn’t have left the EU if you wanted free movement across borders. Enjoy your vacation in Slough.

I haven’t done a survey but I don’t imagine that young families driving to campsites in northern France were a major constituent of the vote leave demographic.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
https://twitter.com/TLDRNewsUK/status/1550468777296494596?t=dcfehDj6QePD7W95p-4Gag&s=19

So glad I just locked my mortgage down for the next decade....

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Hmm, so rates from ~1997-1998ish?

Luckily the tax cuts will be correctly balanced with swingeing tax rises on the wealthy, to offset this.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Starmer's desperation to convince people he isn't boring is actually making me like him more

https://twitter.com/ollie1692/status/1550214298261233665?s=20&t=bPXcRVkSTZylVTFv5P8PtQ

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

the country thoroughly deserves it.

we will push
we will push the button
(we all deserve it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoRyrCjOkdI

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Great, nice to see they've moved on to 'people born and raised as cis women but found through testing to have some intersex characteristics or a sexual development disorder are actually men and must be removed from women's spaces', excited to see what the culture war brings us next.
https://twitter.com/KatyMontgomerie/status/1550400120130347010

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
If the mayor of London comes down with covid in the next few days then major lol because my friend gave it to him

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Apraxin posted:

Great, nice to see they've moved on to 'people born and raised as cis women but found through testing to have some intersex characteristics or a sexual development disorder are actually men and must be removed from women's spaces', excited to see what the culture war brings us next.
https://twitter.com/KatyMontgomerie/status/1550400120130347010

If it helps, they're definitely actually just going after them for being black

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I am certain it doesn't help

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Anyone who can run faster than me is definitely a man and should be banned from the Olympics. Send the gold medal over now.

Wish I could find a link to that comment some TERFs made a few months ago saying any woman over 5ft 5in is a man and should be banned from the women's bogs.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

OwlFancier posted:

I already live in yorkshire so cannot imagine why I would want to go other places.

Eurgh.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You, a fool, go with superficial things like "introduces self as woman" or "looks like woman" to define gender, wheras I, having put all my points into craniometry and vibes, am able to perceive the true essence of womanhood and I know that it perfectly lines up with people I like and don't like. My gender lobe is the size of a grapefruit and I can detect the true chromosome wavez coming off people from two hundred paces. I can see auras that look like uteruses around all the true womankind, I'm normal, I'm the only normal one, the rest of the world is crazy. Buy my man detecting dowsing rod it's a Y shaped stick that you point at people and because it's Y shaped that means they're a man, it works every time.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

This would nuke house prices. There is 0 chance this is happening.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

OwlFancier posted:

You, a fool, go with superficial things like "introduces self as woman" or "looks like woman" to define gender, wheras I, having put all my points into craniometry and vibes, am able to perceive the true essence of womanhood and I know that it perfectly lines up with people I like and don't like. My gender lobe is the size of a grapefruit and I can detect the true chromosome wavez coming off people from two hundred paces. I can see auras that look like uteruses around all the true womankind, I'm normal, I'm the only normal one, the rest of the world is crazy. Buy my man detecting dowsing rod it's a Y shaped stick that you point at people and because it's Y shaped that means they're a man, it works every time.
you: writes an obviously exaggerated, humorous parody

actual terfs: one of the silhouettes in the Women's March logo is objectively male, we can tell because of craniometry and vibes
https://twitter.com/jodcoll/status/1550416071122984960

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jiggerypokery posted:

Depends how advanced our institutional brain-rot is, I guess. We may be rapidly approaching the point where the powers that be genuinely aren't able to put two and two together regarding that sort of thing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

See you think I was exaggerating but no I actually 100% believe that there are terfs out there who believe those things because most of them i have already seen.

They are genuinely completely mental, every bit of material I see about them makes me think they go around 100% of the time cackling to themselves and making warding signs at inanimate objects in case a gender pops out and steals their womyninity by making eye contact.

E: ok no sorry I had not anticipated terf CSI pisspig forensics

https://twitter.com/notCursedE/status/1550421546732249088

I can't stop laughing at these loving morons send help

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 22, 2022

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Darth Walrus posted:

Depends how advanced our institutional brain-rot is, I guess. We may be rapidly approaching the point where the powers that be genuinely aren't able to put two and two together regarding that sort of thing.

She will just cut taxes and balloon national debt to levels that might as well be ww3, if she doesn't just outright start it, before her minders let her anywhere near their stacks of property portfolios

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

OwlFancier posted:

I already live in yorkshire so cannot imagine

goondolences

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

happyhippy posted:

You know this isn’t how it usually is, right? People go on holiday at the end of term and it would be a bit busy, but they’d get there in the end. This amount of chaos is not normal, it is right to complain about it.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Torygraph

quote:

Boris Johnson privately believes he will be back in office next year, despite announcing his resignation after MPs rose up against his leadership two weeks ago.

Tim Montgomerie, a former aide to Mr Johnson who has since been critical of him, said he had been told by sources close to the Prime Minister that he was convinced he would be back.

In a well-sourced post on social media, Mr Montgomerie wrote: “Boris is telling aides that he’ll be PM again within a year.”

Mr Johnson told MPs at his final Prime Minister’s Questions earlier this week: “Hasta la vista, baby” and said it was “mission largely accomplished – for now”.

It comes as a row broke out among senior Conservatives about a campaign among party members to allow them a vote on whether Mr Johnson should continue as Prime Minister.

By Friday night, 7,600 members – all of whom have given their membership numbers – had signed a petition calling for the vote.

Lord Cruddas of Shoreditch, the former party treasurer who organised the petition, said “several MPs” had started to “make noises” about supporting his campaign.

Michael Fabricant, a Johnson loyalist, became the first MP to support the “Bring Back Boris” campaign, telling The Telegraph: “MPs have clearly misread the mood of the party membership on this and so many other matters.

“If I thought Boris were keen – despite the treachery of his ministers – to carry on, I would support Peter Cruddas’s campaign in the blink of an eye.”

One Cabinet minister loyal to Mr Johnson was also supportive, saying: “There is complete and utter despair and disbelief at what has happened.

“It is no wonder that the grassroots members feel their voices have been cancelled out by a minority in the Parliamentary party. These are the same people who year after year, decade after decade, have chosen to silence the membership of the Conservative Party for their own preferment and betterment. And that is wrong.”

The worry now will be that if more MPs come out in support of the campaign to bring back Mr Johnson it will undermine the leadership contest between Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss.

As many as 50 Conservative MPs attended a lunch at Chequers with him last Sunday.

:sickos:

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
"the treachery of his ministers"

:salt:

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Oh, just to jump off from Third-Least-Relevant-Man Piers "Morgan" Moron, the Swedish Uterus Havers defeated the Belgian Different Splash Patterns, presumably because they were faffing around gossiping about makeup and babies or some other feminine frippery, so we have had to update Coming Home status to: ":thunkher:"

(For the avoidance of doubt, this is satire.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Well, that explains why the Torygraph were also running a story today about how Boris would be facing a by-election if he is found to have misled Parliament. Now he's useless, the Tories are going to stop protecting him to make sure he doesn't try to make a comeback. They'll vote to suspend him for the shortest amount of time that will trigger a by-election, then they'll deselect him.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

See you think I was exaggerating but no I actually 100% believe that there are terfs out there who believe those things because most of them i have already seen.

They are genuinely completely mental, every bit of material I see about them makes me think they go around 100% of the time cackling to themselves and making warding signs at inanimate objects in case a gender pops out and steals their womyninity by making eye contact.

E: ok no sorry I had not anticipated terf CSI pisspig forensics

https://twitter.com/notCursedE/status/1550421546732249088

I can't stop laughing at these loving morons send help

Lorna Fitzpatrick KPISS

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Is this astroterf person a parody account or not? I can't tell!

Anyone asking me to give a sample other than the GP or nurse at the GP practice is liable for a punch in the gob.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

jiggerypokery posted:

Truss is an accelerationist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I mean I don't want to overstate it, but within the first 100 days of PM Truss I thoroughly expect:
  • The UK to have invaded the Falklands
  • American 'pork' products to be legalised in the UK to solve the cost of living crisis
  • Ireland to take the bonfire of EU laws as a good opportunity to unify ahead of the 2024 schedule
  • Children to be made illegal so they can't make her evict Boris. She's quite happy living at number 11 thank you.
  • The queen to kark it and the ardent republican to start a civil war by wearing the wrong colour blouse to the coronation of Charles
  • Every type of cheese except Red Leicester outlawed
  • A proposal to solve the energy crisis with some sort of hampster wheel mechanism powered by Boris Bikes Truss Cycles
  • Us to be in a shooting war with Russia
The last one is obviously great for posadists and the nuclear winter might cool us off a tad, but not ideal.