Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Just say you want a recession to own the libs at that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

LMBO at her advisor damning with faint praise:

BBC posted:

Minford has been offering advice to her campaign and said that he is “pleased that she has understood the argument and is prepared to make a completely fresh start”.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
speedrunning an economic collapse to own the libs let's gooooooooooo

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
She'll reduce the cost of living rises to only 7%??

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

gonadic io posted:

She'll reduce the cost of living rises to only 7%??

She said interest rates not inflation I think?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

shirts and skins posted:

Sounds like home. We may have to borrow some of those in Seattle until climate change turns it into a desert

Seattle without the threat of volcanoes and tsunami. Except further north so instead of worrying about the weather depressing you, we also get about 6 hours of sunshine at winter solstice, it rules.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the best climate, even with climate change, will continue to be highland subtropical. i'm going to the sierra madres

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

This guy also says Brexit is boosting GDP by 7% and bringing down consumer prices, so we can afford a little interest hike.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

gonadic io posted:

This is why RW populism is so successful because they absolutely correctly identify real problems, that poo poo sucks and somebody has all your money. Then instead of talking about boring things like economic theory they talk about cool and fun things like secret migrant antifa death squads. Then every centrist spends the next 5 years talking non stop about only killing half the migrants as an acceptable compromise. Because the alternative to the liberal is that somebody might say they can't landlord a dozen properties at once.

If your leftist circles don't also veer into talking about secret antifa deathsquads every once in a while you aren't hanging out with the right leftists.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

namesake posted:

If your leftist circles don't also veer into talking about secret antifa deathsquads every once in a while you aren't hanging out with the right leftists.
The difference between right wing and left wing circles is that right wingers think what they're talking about is real, while left wingers just wish it was.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

namesake posted:

say hi to the police informants for me

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Surprise T Rex posted:

There's a dude on my Facebook who's bio now reads "I've taken the red pill" and he's sharing poo poo about Fauci being a conman so he's gone down the QAnon rabbit hole despite being from the UK I guess. People backing him up about 40 degrees not being that hot because don'tcha know he went to Australia for a while and it was fine?

Comments include a guy saying the romans managed to grow grapes in York so clearly climate change is bollocks just to "terrify us into submission" as though our daily lives are in any way affected by spoooooky climate change regulations?

European grapes are drought tolerant so thier point makes even less sense. Like if I had to grow something in a hot dry area grapes are one of the things you would try.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I think their "point" is 'york used to be hot and dry enough for grapes therefore climate change as we're currently experiencing it is normal and fine and good'

Which, uh... lol

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
now this is how you capture the gammon vote

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
it's completely nonsensical and even if it wasn't it's literally impossible and even if it wasn't it wouldn't even be a good or desirable idea at all. perfect!!

that clean beach act has been a hobble on British Business for years

bring back white dog poo!!!!

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Gosh what even is a truss lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

hailthefish posted:

I think their "point" is 'york used to be hot and dry enough for grapes therefore climate change as we're currently experiencing it is normal and fine and good'

Which, uh... lol

yes they’re envisioning that york is going to be at worst like the south of france, not realising that it’s either going to be savanna/desert or freezing ice sheet depending on how the tipping points play out

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

gonadic io posted:

it's completely nonsensical and even if it wasn't it's literally impossible and even if it wasn't it wouldn't even be a good or desirable idea at all. perfect!!

that clean beach act has been a hobble on British Business for years

bring back white dog poo!!!!

yeah, it might end up that Truss is way worse than Sunak but at this point she could say anything and i still think she's the best result because its so possible that she fucks everything up so badly we end up back in the EU accidentally

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are no good outcomes, but some bad outcomes end up being pretty funny

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
repeal article 50!!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the EU is passing all sorts of laws without our say. I demand we have representation in their legislative authority!

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there are no good outcomes, but some bad outcomes end up being pretty funny

4 minutes of lmaos before the bombs hit

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
britain's buttruss regularly wrecked

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

yes they’re envisioning that york is going to be at worst like the south of france, not realising that it’s either going to be savanna/desert or freezing ice sheet depending on how the tipping points play out
There is also the possibility of the Earth switching to a much more pleasant equitable climate, where the poles gets nice and balmy, and the world as a whole gets more inhabitable. Like, that's a legit possibility based on previous climates, since there appears to be a bifurcation of the climate between the current ice age climate and a hothouse climate which is far warmer on average than our current climate due to the heat being spread out more evenly.

Of course the transition to that new climate normal is through an extremely unstable climate that might feature both the things you mention, plus extreme storms, the flooding of most of the world's cities, and mass extinction of most the species adapted to our current climate, and it's not like it's a short transition either you can just hunker down for.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/cymrurouge/status/1550590222135693318?t=mCEz2Gw3IoyAQZcP8MWPFQ&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

what’s with British pols and dead pigs?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

i say swears online posted:

the EU is passing all sorts of laws without our say. I demand we have representation in their legislative authority!

This was one of the original Brexiteers thought it was going to get.
They wanted to leave the EU, but still have a say in what the EU could do, while at the same time deny anything the EU could do to the UK.

Same with freedom of movement, the Brexiteers thought they could deny everyone darker than party boat Elon Musk from entering the UK, but they themselves could go and roam the EU freely whenever they wished.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
can't spell slaughter without TRUSS

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

gonadic io posted:

now this is how you capture the gammon vote

she's won

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
This is painful.

https://twitter.com/CentralReserva9/status/1550445326166904834

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

real "I want to speak to the manager of France" vibe

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Lt. Danger posted:

real "I want to speak to the manager of France" vibe
admittedly, it would be pretty cool if macron was forced to personally deal with every british person who wanted to complain about queues at the border

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm sick of hearing about brexit. Yes we did it. No it's not surprising, let's just all muddle along until we die like good brits

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Communist Thoughts posted:

I'm sick of hearing about brexit. Yes we did it. No it's not surprising, let's just all muddle along until we die like good brits

There's the blitz spirit! Somewhere Churchill sheds a tear because he is being tortured by the souls of several million Bengalis

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I will never tire of hearing about Brexit.

We need second Brexit. Collapse the Channel Tunnel, mine the English Channel and annex Ireland.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/bmay/status/1550788080231145472

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol hell yeah

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
120 million in defense but not one penny for decency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The UK Government saw one of those WOULD YOU LIVE IN RWANDA FOR 6 MILLION POUNDS instagram things and decided to test it